Do we know the year of Christ's return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we know the year of Christ's return?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey I did hear one strange prediction made here in another thread, it was that Trump was one of the two witnesses and that the crowd will pull him out and kill him in the streets on his debate. And that his dead body will lie in the streets 3.5 days, etc.

And to my surprise, he did come down with COVID-19 after his debate. Like the great Metallica song, "Sad but true"?

I can dig up the prediction if anyone wants, it was in that huge "are you going to watch the debate" thread.
The two witnesses are in Jerusalem, so unless trump plans a visit to Jerusalem,

Reactions: dev553344

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word understood by many to have the meaning of "descendant Generation" can also be understood to have the meaning of "age", i.e. a time period a little longer than 1,000 years so that during the Millennium Age, Christ described what would happen.

At the present time much of what we are seeing happening can be found in Jeremiah 50-51.

A realisation that I have recently grasped is that the Greek Word, "Seismos," which is also the Greek root, G:4578, is not describing and "earthquake" as our English Translations suggest, but rather I believe it should be understood to have the meaning of "Turmoil" instead. The word Turmoil can be associated with wars where the people are living in turmoil, such that the Seventh Bowl Judgement is talking about 1901-2000 and the wars that happened during this time period. It also describes Babylon being remembered once more in 1926, which is also recorded in history, after laying devastated and desolated for a period of two generation/ages. It also tells us that Jerusalem will be divided into three areas under the control of three national entities, which happened in 1948 by decree. The time of God gathering the Israelites to Himself is still a near future event after the Gentile Nations are judged for trampling God's sanctuary and His earthly Hosts for a period of 2,300 years.

All of the above can be read in the scriptures.

Shalom
I have heard this multiple times now, I see nothing in jer 50 happening today, not even close.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many call them birth pangs, a nature of events which occur to get exponentially stronger in severity and frequency, Jesus spoke of them in Matt 24, If we look at world events, we could see them happening today, natural disasters, hunger, disease etc etc all seemingly growing exponentially in the past 100 years, and they seem to be getting worse,

while we may be in the season, it does not mean we can tell the time, again as posted, no one knows that time, about the only thing we can use is to see daniel spoke of a final 7 years, in the middle of that week, a leader who is from the people who destroyed rome, will puff himself up in a temple in Jerusalem and declair himself to be messiah (see daniel) and this even, which is mentioned by Jesus, is seen and Jesus said after this, THEN their will be great tribulation, we are told god will allow him 3.5 years, after which the 70,weeks of daniel will be fulfilled, and the prince who is to come will be destroyed by Jesus himself (see also daniel 2 and 7 the gentile nations, or what paul called the time of the gentiles in Romans 11) at which time, the sign of the son of man in the clouds will occurs,

taking these few things and many many other prophecies, I do believe there will be a time on earth where we can know for certain a year when Jesus will return, but until those things happen, it is anyone’s guess.

I do love all the past guesses, and people believing them if they just read the word they would have known those things were not true, but satan works on our fears and hopes, and we are easily decieved,

Reactions: Keraz

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many call them birth pangs, a nature of events which occur to get exponentially stronger in severity and frequency, Jesus spoke of them in Matt 24, If we look at world events, we could see them happening today, natural disasters, hunger, disease etc etc all seemingly growing exponentially in the past 100 years, and they seem to be getting worse,

while we may be in the season, it does not mean we can tell the time, again as posted, no one knows that time, about the only thing we can use is to see daniel spoke of a final 7 years, in the middle of that week, a leader who is from the people who destroyed rome, will puff himself up in a temple in Jerusalem and declair himself to be messiah (see daniel) and this even, which is mentioned by Jesus, is seen and Jesus said after this, THEN their will be great tribulation, we are told god will allow him 3.5 years, after which the 70,weeks of daniel will be fulfilled, and the prince who is to come will be destroyed by Jesus himself (see also daniel 2 and 7 the gentile nations, or what paul called the time of the gentiles in Romans 11) at which time, the sign of the son of man in the clouds will occurs,

taking these few things and many many other prophecies, I do believe there will be a time on earth where we can know for certain a year when Jesus will return, but until those things happen, it is anyone’s guess.

I do love all the past guesses, and people believing them if they just read the word they would have known those things were not true, but satan works on our fears and hopes, and we are easily decieved,
not possible to come to a conclusion that adds up if the premise is incorrect.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there seems to be a number of people here who think we might be in the Tribulation or they think they even know the year of Christ's return and when judgement day will happen.

If there is, and I think there is, the number is small.

I think it's just me and another guy here.

But I was talking to yet another guy who knows. He wrote a big long kindle book. He says it will be 2029 to 2036 based on two close encounters with the asteroid Apophis. Some of the specifications of those trips are uncanny. Like the one trip falls on a very rare Friday the 13th when Good Friday coincides with Passover. This guy also figured out the age Adam was when he fell in the garden which starts the 6000 years.

And this guy was the nicest guy. Because he stayed nice when I told him Apophis is big, but it's for something else. We'll all probably be watching it together from New Jerusalem or something. The guy, Michael, just says: "are you sure you read the whole book?

I told him I think the coming of the Son of Man is happening right now. It's like the tribulum of the Matrix where people are walking around like things are normal, but they are not. When Jesus said so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man, people are eating and drinking like in the days of Noah. This "coming" of the Son of Man, begins with the majority of people not knowing what's going on, for as in the days BEFORE the flood. So this "coming", is really a process, it is a parade of apocalyptic events, which is punctuated by the "day" when the Son of Man is actually revealed.

Another hunch I have is that we go around 40 days after the middle of the last heptad. I didn't mean to write so much here but I thought of this while writing this note. I think Jesus made a trip to heaven on resurrection Sunday when He told Mary not to touch Him:

"Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended. to my Father; but go to my brethren, and say to them, ... 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.​

Because then when He came back for 40 days, He would readily invite Thomas to touch His wounds, so that Thomas would believe.

Then two men in white robes said:

“Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”​

And that means coming back in the clouds.

But it was also 40 days after the middle of the first century "heptad".

I'm fairly sure there's a middle of the week based on an end time heptad that's calculable based on two modern day decrees to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem. With Jesus being raised up 40 days after the middle of the primary heptad, will His Bride also be raised up, in like manner, 40 days after the middle of the week during the secondary application of the last heptad?

I'm sorry, this is giving me goosebumps.

And then will all the tribes remaining on the earth mourn as they see this sign of the Son of Man?

But no sign will be given except for the sign of Jonah.

Three days and He will raise it up, the Body of Christ.

There has been many failed predictions though of dates when Jesus Christ will return.

That means the chances for the next guy to get it right are increasing.

Even a blind guide squirrel can find a nut.

So does anyone really know but God?

For sure.

“For the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.​

I will admit, I am just a bit annoyed.

I figured that was the reason for the thread.

It should be a fun thread anyway.

And if any are right and the Tribulation does happen in the next few years. In a way, it just makes me wish I grew up in a different era.

WHY?

Isaac Newton would have loved to see one of our days.

Who wouldn't risk going trough the worst time the planet has ever seen, since there ever was a nation, for the chance to stand before the Son of Man and be witness to the greatest Event in the history of mankind.

These folks will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye. They will never taste death.

I watched a bitchute video Friday yesterday of a Russian woman who set herself on fire. Sitting on a park bench. She must have soaked her coat in kerosene. The man with her couldn't pat the fire out. I felt sorry for him. She was gone a couple minutes latter. She left a husband and a child.

How selfish.

What an idiot.

To do something like that when we could be just months away from seeing Jesus' return.

Let me pray to be found worthy to escape all these things that are coming to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.

Most people who think they know the year that judgement day happens, have nearly lived full lives, have made many friends, they have married, they have started a family, they have raised kids, they now have grandkids, have made a successful living, they have paid off a house, and are probably retired...

Judgement Day???

Unless you're Amil, that's not until the thousand years are finished.

I'm just concerned with the Second Visitation.

See all the "doctrine" we have to wade through.

I believe the recognition or identification of the prophetic time periods, if that is possible, must force the understanding of the true doctrine.

Show me the 1290 days, and I'll tell you what the Abomination is, AND the holy place where it is standing.

End of debate.

Like a key going into a lock cylinder.

It is what it is.

Let The Reader Understand.

He never did marry and he never went far
Never bought a house or a big ole car
But he ain't no beggar and he sure ain't dumb
He's just waitin' till the rapture come
I said he, waitin' till the rapture come

Peaceful Sabbath.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the abomination of desolation take place in the temple in Jerusalem that started this great tribulation we are supposedly in now?

Who said "STARTED"? I never said "started", and Scripture doesn't say what STARTS the Tribulation.

Certainly it will END having an Abomination of Desolation. :)
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I was talking to yet another guy who knows. He wrote a big long kindle book. He says it will be 2029 to 2036 based on two close encounters with the asteroid Apophis. ...

It would seem to me that any expectation should be based upon Scripture, not subjective speculation. So maybe he THINKS he knows, -- but he has no clue.

But either way, from my understanding of the Prophetic Psalms timeline, we're some 29 months into the Tribulation ( -- and there's NO tribulation-ear "rapture" --), with some 13 months to go until Jesus returns.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Add WW1 and WW2 to that, nothing in mans history even comes close, and to think tribulation will make those times look like minor afflictions

Wars don't start of TERRIBLE, but they typically END UP TERRIBLE, certainly to the civilians where they're raped, starved, and murdered. And of course WWII didn't START with the TWO Atomic Bombs, but it certainly ended as such.

OR consider that 2,335 soldiers and 68 civilians died at Pearl Harbor; but at Okinawa deaths were 20,195 U.S. soldiers along with 110,071 Japanese soldiers (130,266 total), plus between 30k to 100k civilians.

So expect that things will get progressively worse as we go forward until we too have Atomic/Nuclear (the Primary ATOMIC yields "fission", which the Secondary turns into NUCLEAR "fusion") weapons lighting up the skies.

So maybe consider the saying: Better LATE than NEVER ...
Bobby Jo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Galatians 4:26-28 KJV
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. [27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. [28] Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
@Waiting on him Galatians is so encouraging and searching; such a contrast brought out between the old economy and the new.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said "STARTED"? I never said "started",
Your words

Yeah, as I understand the Scriptural time-line, we ARE some 29 months into the 42 month Tribulation, with some 13 months to go.o

if we are 29 months in it means it started 29 month ago

and Scripture doesn't say what STARTS the Tribulation.

Certainly it will END having an Abomination of Desolation. :)
Bobby Jo

matt 24 jesus tells us we will see the abomination of desolation, and tells those in Jerusalem to run, FOR THEN there will be great tribulation....

sorry bro, just going of what the word says, tribulation is a sign of when it starts, christs return will be when it ends.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternally Grateful said:
When did the abomination of desolation take place in the temple in Jerusalem that started this great tribulation we are supposedly in now?

Bobby Jo said:
Who said "STARTED"? I never said "started", ...

Your words...

NOPE! YOUR words, and your words are not only INCORRECT, they're also DISHONEST! :)

The "abomination of desolation" will take place at the END of the tribulation.

Welcome to christianity where people not only don't know Scripture, but also won't accept responsibility when they're caught.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please allow me to clarify. -- Some people see THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION and immediately demand that THERE WILL BE A NEW TEMPLE, because they're told that previous abominations were done in an Historical Temple. But what they're told isn't necessarily true:

Dan. 8:13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to the one that spoke, “For how long is the vision concerning the continual burnt offering, the transgression that makes desolate, and the giving over of the sanctuary and host to be trampled under foot?”

Dan. 11:31 Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the continual burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.

Dan. 9:27 ... and upon the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

Of these THREE citations, first TWO depict the same event which occurred in 1986:

Within five months of Reagan's Libyan attack against Khadafy’s headquarters, a military airbase, and a terrorist training base, a particularly egregious act of terrorism occurred against Istanbul, Turkey’s, main Jewish synagogue, the “Jews of Neve Shalom.” On Saturday, September 6, 1986, at 9:20 a.m., two attackers, in their 20’s, entered the synagogue shortly after the start of services. They locked the main door behind them, and standing 30 feet apart, started spraying the all-male congregation, young and old, with machine gun fire. They killed 21, wounded 4 (one seriously), and left one 17 year old unscathed (he pretended to be dead). They then poured gasoline over seven of the bodies, and set fire. Finally, they pulled the pins on their hand-grenades, and blew themselves apart. Seven rabbis were among the dead, and Istabul’s chief rabbi was wounded. The ten women upstairs were unharmed.

There was immediate widespread suspicion who these men were, and that “in such a well planned terrorist action that they had no accomplices.”[1] It was speculated that their automatic weapons and grenades entered Turkey through diplomatic means,[2] and although several groups claimed responsibility, Abu Nidal was the leading suspect. (As described previously; during 1985, Libya provided Abu Nidal a home base of operations which produced 33 attacks in which 90 people were killed and 350 wounded.) Fifteen months after this attack, an article in the U.S. News & World Report (without divulging the intelligence source) pointed to Abu Nidal as the culprit.[3]

[1] “Gunmen’s Identities Stump Investigators,”, A.P. - Istanbul, Turkey, Albuquerque Jorunal, Sept.9, 1986, p. A8
[2] IBID
[3] Patricia Cullen Clark, “Washington Whispers -- Abu Nidal, Challenging Arafat,” U.S. News & World Report, Nov. 30, 1987, p. 15

Note: Going back to the Prophetic Psalms concept, -- one MIGHT find this depiction where there's "ruthless men" and where one "son" is saved from harm.

... so, First of all, this should PROVE that there is no requirement for a LITERAL TEMPLE to be built before Jesus Returns. And Secondly, there still will be a FUTURE Abomination of Desolation by the a/c under the auspice of the U.N. which will result in some type of violence against religious Jews, -- possibly at the "Wailing Wall" or some other iconic religious location.

Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have heard this multiple times now, I see nothing in jer 50 happening today, not even close.

Who are the two kings of the north that take dominion over the land then? I would suggest the King of the eastern portion of the Grecian Empire which devastated and desolated Babylon around 120 BC, and the dominate leader of the Coalition of the Willing who sent an army from many nations into the land of the Chaldeans, and instead of destroying the nation living in that land the Coalition tried to heal the land.

But, perhaps it is difficult for you to see the fleeting references to these events in Jer 50-51 and what happens in the world wide events.

Shalom

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the two kings of the north that take dominion over the land then? I would suggest the King of the eastern portion of the Grecian Empire which devastated and desolated Babylon around 120 BC, and the dominate leader of the Coalition of the Willing who sent an army from many nations into the land of the Chaldeans, and instead of destroying the nation living in that land the Coalition tried to heal the land.

But, perhaps it is difficult for you to see the fleeting references to these events in Jer 50-51 and what happens in the world wide events.

Shalom
What I saw was at the time these two kings are defeated israel and judah are brought back into the land,

when did that happen?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOPE! YOUR words, and your words are not only INCORRECT, they're also DISHONEST! :)

Welcome to christianity where people not only don't know Scripture, but also won't accept responsibility when they're caught.
Bobby Jo
So you did not say we were 29 months in? Because I most certainly did not

Matt 24:Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for theelect’s sake those days will be shortened.

unless Jesus lied, the abomination happens BEFORE great tribulation.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternally Grateful said:

...21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for theelect’s sake those days will be shortened.

You've confused THE tribulation, with what happens at the END, which is GREAT tribulation.

As previously asserted, birth pangs start fairly mild and increase in intensity, frequency, and duration up to the moment of BIRTH. And so we will have increasing calamity up to a climactic END, which will be GREAT tribulation. But we're only some 29 months into the 42 months, so we have some 13 months YET TO GO!

Of course the days will be "shortened" because of all the smoke, ash, and dust in the air from all the nuclear weapons and resulting fires, which will cause the sun to turn to red and only two hours of sunlight able to penetrate at mid-day.

So back to the issue at hand, there will be NO New Temple constructed PRIOR TO, DURING, or AT THE END of the Tribulation. The ONLY Temples of the Holy Spirit which will be in existence will be those Christians and Completed Jews which are still alive on earth. :)

Bobby Jo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've confused THE tribulation, with what happens at the END, which is GREAT tribulation.

As previously asserted, birth pangs start fairly mild and increase in intensity, frequency, and duration up to the moment of BIRTH. And so we will have increasing calamity up to a climactic END, which will be GREAT tribulation. But we're only some 29 months into the 42 months, so we have some 13 months YET TO GO!

Of course the days will be "shortened" because of all the smoke, ash, and dust in the air from all the nuclear weapons and resulting fires, which will cause the sun to turn to red and only two hours of sunlight able to penetrate at mid-day.

So back to the issue at hand, there will be NO New Temple constructed PRIOR TO, DURING, or AT THE END of the Tribulation. The ONLY Temples of the Holy Spirit which will be in existence will be those Christians and Completed Jews which are still alive on earth. :)

Bobby Jo
Well you keep thinking that.
And keep changing terms.
Birth pangs are not pet if any tribulation they are the beginnings are f sorrows

the abomination takes place after

without a temple there can be no abomination if desolation