Do you accept this a Biblical fact or fiction?:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I AM is not God's name David, let me ask you point blank why you said it was rather than giving the name that Jehovah actually did give as being His name?

I AM is just one of the many Names of God.

I AM David
I AM Robert Gwin
I AM Adam
I AM Eve
I AM all of mankind - IAM comes First - place name here.....

Can you SEE this??? This is BEAUTIFUL to the me and all who see.......

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I accept the word trinity appears no where in the bible.

what you cannot accpet like the Watchtower people can't is that the term "god" describes a "person" and it also describes a "nature" or "essence". context determines which.

I have no problem accepting teh Father is God above jesus in position and authority. None whatsoever. That is biblical. But I also accpet the bible teaching trhat Jesus is equal to His father and is just as divine as to His nature as His Father. You reject the bible on this.

And, may i say - the Son is at the Right Hand of the Father and no one has seen the Father but the Son, furthermore our Lord and SAVIOR said "I and My Father are ECHAD (United One = Equal with each Other)
....can't get any closer in Authority then that.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you have to invoke a contradiction. If a lion is coming toward us, one does not have to say a creature in the form of a lion.

Such twisted thinking has to be used to rationalize what is not there. Nowhere does Scripture say Jesus is God incarnate.

The Son is at the Right Hand of the Father and no one has seen the Father but the Son, furthermore our Lord and SAVIOR said "I and My Father are ECHAD which means a United One = Equal with each Other as the Eternal Godhead - this is Pure Undefiled Gospel TRUTH.
....can't get any higher in Authority then that.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son is at the Right Hand of the Father and no one has seen the Father but the Son, furthermore our Lord and SAVIOR said "I and My Father are ECHAD which means a United One = Equal with each Other as the Eternal Godhead - this is Pure Undefiled Gospel TRUTH.
....can't get any higher in Authority then [sic] that.

Where does Jesus say "I and my Father are ECHAD"?

Echad does not mean "united one"! See posts 79 and 112.

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well Jesus has always existed as God.
What about when he was a man?

He has always had the same divine nature as His Fatrher,
What about when he was a man?

Jesus is subordinate to His Father, but that does not make Him any less divine than His Father any more than the fact that my children are subordinate to me make them any less human than me!
But your children are not you. You alone are the head of your family. Likewise Yahweh is the head of Jesus. Jesus is not equal to Yahweh, and Yahweh alone is God. Yes, Jesus has the same spirit being nature as God, just as your children have the same human nature as you, but that does not mean that your children are you or that Jesus is God.

I have a wife and six children- We are seven individuals, but we make up one family.
Ephesians 2:19 (WEB): So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,

Romans 8:29 (WEB) For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Christians are members of God's household, or family, but Christians are not God, just as Jesus is not God.

In God there is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and these three individuals make up the one God of the Bible.
Where does it say that in the Bible?

If you were a king, then your children would not also be king - you alone would be king. Likewise Yahweh only is God - Jesus and all Christians are not also God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you're just making stuff up now. No where in scripture does Jesus say that "Jehovah knew the day and hour". Read the passage again slowly. Jesus always refers to God as the Father, not as Jehovah. You're trying to make scripture conform to your belief rather than conforming your belief to scripture, a common error referred to as isogesis.

Jesus made God's name known Mike, Jn 17:26 Very likely the version of the Bible you use has omitted the name of God in the New Testament, which can be very confusing for sure. I guess where the problem lies is that you do not recognize that when Jesus is talking about the Father, he is talking about his God Jehovah. The Father Jesus is referring to is actually God sir, and the Bible reveals his name as being Jehovah in English.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Erroneous conclusions.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him. Psalm 2:12

let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11 This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:10-12
I don't deny how great Jesus is - he is our Lord and our head, our redeemer and saviour. But he is not God. The verses that you quote clearly distinguish between God and Jesus, and have God appointing His son as heir of all things, and God resurrecting Jesus from death. They also clearly state that Jesus is God's son, and that he is now sat down at the right hand of God. It is erroneous to conclude from those verses that God is three beings masquerading as one God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Robert Gwin,

I made no mention of Satan in my post: but agree that the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is Almighty God, and able to save to the uttermost those who come unto Him for salvation, through faith in the all-sufficient sacrifice of His Beloved Son.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

You did mention deception however, with deception there has to be a deceiver, the original deceiver was of course satan, and he is a very powerful god today, who has the vast majority of mankind standing on his side of the issue. It is true that it could be our very own wicked heart that is deceiving us, but I know you believe the Bible when it says this point blank: (1 Peter 5:8) . . .Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone. . .

You are 100% correct that salvation comes through Jehovah's son.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible of the Christian faith Taken

There are a HOST of Historical Scripts complied into a BOOK, called The Holy Bible;

There are a HOST of Historical Scripts "rewritten", complied into BOOKS, having new Titles and broadly called The Bible.

The controversy OVER "which" BOOK is "approved" for "which" Christian "Denomination" is not news.

The controversy OVER different Christian Denominations ACCEPTED "interpretation" is not news.

Just sayin...People debate over Scripture, without revealing, their perferred BOOK of Scriptures.

Reactions: David in NJ

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'The LORD said unto my Lord,
Sit Thou at my right hand,
until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool. '
(Psalm 110:1)
Hello @Robert Gwin,

The word of God uses many names when referring to God, it all depends on the context, the circumstance in which reference to Him is being made. I listed them in a recent post, and you responded to that, so you must know this to be true. I placed the word, 'Jehovah' in brackets beside the first use of Lord in Psalm 110:1, because that is the Hebrew word that it was translated from; and placed in brackets against the following one, the word, 'Adon', for that was the Hebrew word from which that word was translated. I am fully aware that the latter word 'Lord' (Adon) refers to the Messiah (the Lord Jesus Christ) in this context. In Psalm 110:1, the context concerns the millennial reign of the Messiah, hence the name 'Adon' is ascribed to Him: for it is used in relation to God as ruler in the earth.

My copy of the KJV uses various letter types to define the names used of God, and the marginal notes give the name and the reason for it's use. There has been no alteration made as you suggest.

In Christ Jesus
The risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

You yourself seen the alteration, but choose to justify it. God has only 1 name ever mentioned in Scripture, of which He personally selected and occurs first in the Bible at Genesis 2:4. His name occurs more than any other name in Scripture, and of course Jesus followers in keeping the command to teach all the things he commanded, make God's name known as well. Salvation is dependent upon calling upon Jehovah's name as revealed by Romans 10:13

Prove it to yourself maam if what I am saying is fact or fiction.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can the Eternal God accept the words of sinful man?
All religions have error in them - only the Word of God is accepted by God.

You are correct David, as has always been the case, yet from the time of the first covenant, He has had a people for His name, true they have errors, but He does accept them, correct?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I AM is just one of the many Names of God.

I AM David
I AM Robert Gwin
I AM Adam
I AM Eve
I AM all of mankind - IAM comes First - place name here.....

Can you SEE this??? This is BEAUTIFUL to the me and all who see.......

As you can see by your itemization, David, Robert, Adam, and Eve are the names, I AM defines the person that bears the name.

Although that is not actually the way it was applied when Jehovah stated it at Ex 3:14, it was an indicator of who He is similarly to the way you used it, but much more powerfully, as the upcoming demonstration of His power that He was going to display would reveal to Pharaoh who He is.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you can see by your itemization, David, Robert, Adam, and Eve are the names, I AM defines the person that bears the name.

Although that is not actually the way it was applied when Jehovah stated it at Ex 3:14, it was an indicator of who He is similarly to the way you used it, but much more powerfully, as the upcoming demonstration of His power that He was going to display would reveal to Pharaoh who He is.

The Lord Jesus /Jehovah/ IAM was revealing to Moses and the World that HE comes FIRST and IS before all things.

When Moses went to Pharoah - this is what was told him = IAM has sent me to Pharoah = GOD before Pharoah

You cannot say GOD without saying FATHER SON HOLY SPIRIT

God said to Moses, IAM who IAM.
God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the ELOHIM of your fathers—the ELOHIM of Abraham, the ELOHIM of Isaac, and the ELOHIM of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.…

Anyone who does not know HIS Name according to Exodus 3:14 is in error

ELOHIM Abraham - FATHER
ELOHIM Isaac - SON
ELOHIM Jacob - HOLY SPIRIT

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will write it once again Ron, I worship and serve Jehovah as the true God and Him alone do I serve, echoing the very words of Jesus to satan at Mat 4:10. Now I am either correct in that or not, but I do not believe for one second that Jesus was wrong, and I personally recommend that you dig into it deeper, as knowing God is a requirement for everlasting life sir 2 Thes 1:8

As I have for 47 years.

I began following the Lord from staunch atheism and hedonistic satanism. I qiestioned all doctrine and learned from Scripture that Jesus is as divine as His Father in essence. To deny that is to reject Yahweh .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor do I fully understand it.

Since I still live for God by faith, even though I believe that I have some knowledge, I also believe that only God can separate the one [faith] from the other [knowledge] correctly in every case.

This may be where you fall into confusion. biblical faith is not a blind leap or hope so kind of thing. but it is a confidence based on knowledge, even if we do not understand the whole process.

Example: We know and have knowledge that when a sperm and egg meet, new life begins. We can explain the process but no one knows HOW life explodes from the union. That is the same with god. We may not understand HOW God is who He is- but we know He is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may be where you fall into confusion.
I essentially agreed with the rest of your post. I am certainly ignorant of some things, even many things, but I am not confused except in such times as I have turned my face away from the Lord as did Peter when he was walking on water. The confusion comes to a person, I believe, when he walks alone or when he mixes his own ways in with the Way of God. In the Bible we are provided with many examples of confusion.

The Light is always there for us to see and to follow even as the cloud was there by day the fire by night to lead the Israelites through the wilderness. But as we follow that Light, we may not be see able to see much of our final destination. Do we need to? Or do we simply need to stay always on the Lord's side, keeping our eyes always on Him?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Jesus say "I and my Father are ECHAD"?

Echad does not mean "united one"! See posts 79 and 112.

Let US make man in OUR Image according to OUR Likeness. Genesis 1:26
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our ELOHIM is one (echad) LORD: Deuteronomy 6:4
I and My Father are One - John 10:30

Reactions: michaelvpardo