Do you believe God can physically heal you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If yes, do you really believe it?

Years ago, it seemed like I had plenty of opportunities to pray for sick people in Jesus's name. God would instantly physically heal them or it would come very quickly after praying for them and for some it would not. I don’t think God chooses to love one person more than the other, but their journey through life may be different for them then what you have asked God for. Now, this doesn't mean you should stop praying for people when you don't see God heal them, because you may be the one God can use to work through for the Spirit to give the gift of healing in the next person you pray for. Know that belief in God to heal is more than the actual result of the healing, but it can open up to you and the recipient the knowledge of God in new way. God our healer! And then if they are not a believer it is a chance to share the gospel message with them.

The challenging part is finding those opportunities today to pray. I seen this coming for a while, but now it has fully planted itself in the church among so many also. What’s the problem? “Unbelief” especially in this area of healing, but the question is why? I believe it also affects our mission in Christ of bring the knowledge of God to a dying world.

I don’t have a problem with people looking for medical solutions to remedy their problems in fact I think it is smart, but the trust we place in others, the camaraderie found in doing it and the attention you can get from it has diluted our belief that God can really heal us. So, most church talk today after the weather, current events or gossip dominates around getting attention or having our conversations center around our sicknesses, diseases, aches and pains we have. This is especially true for the folks who are growing older that should be sharing testimonies of Christ healing in our bodies, but now "sicknesses" I notice is what many young people want to talk about too. Each having their own debilitation I guess to feel special or voice their own uniqueness. What I'm watching is not limited to physical, but a growing interest in finding the right pills to take to care of them emotionally.

So even though we pray for healing the prayers are now; God, give wisdom to the docs and guide the surgeon’s hands, instead of looking to God first to heal you and keep you healthy. And yes, that includes us cooperating with staying healthy, but that's a whole other subject. Remember this body we were given is a temple of the Holy Spirit. The blessing of permissibility and having plenty can be its own obstacle, enjoy that blessings and don’t abuse it.

I shared a few experiences in a video of my encounters with God’s healing. Let me tell you, I go often into prayer to ask the Lord for healing in my own body believing He will and many times He has, and for the times He hasn’t then I go seek the help I need which honestly is almost like never. I am most grateful for that and humbled. But I want Him to have the first place and my reliance to be on Him to take care of me. I think the pain from not doing so will be part of the judgment and this reckoning we have now entered and will intensify in the months and years ahead. You will have wished you had trusted Jesus to heal you and help you to live right.

Is it any wonder the power medical things have over us today? A power given to it to even alter our lives, locking us up, and stopping us from being social and productive because of our dependence on it. The mantra has become doc's please fix me instead of God please help me. There is a place for both may God reveal that to you.

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
I've lived outside of the United States for awhile and one thing that is interesting that you see related to this is how God is "limited" by the beliefs of his followers. Of course, God is all powerful and able to do the miraculous, but in many contexts, He doesn't seem to be very active in specific ways.

In modern societies, as you say, people often put all of their hope in medical solutions. They pray for God to exclusively work through those solutions to provide healing and discount supernatural healing.

I lived in a context where the people believed that it was normal for God to send them a dream or vision as a way of communicating with them. Because of that, it was very common to see God do this.

It is important to test whatever we find, in whatever culture against the Word of God and then we can see the truth of who God is and what He can do, but we should push the limits to help others grow in their faith in what the all-powerful God of the universe is actually capable of.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Years ago, it seemed like I had plenty of opportunities to pray for sick people in Jesus's name. God would instantly physically heal them or it would come very quickly after praying for them and for some it would not. I don’t think God chooses to love one person more than the other, but their journey through life may be different for them then what you have asked God for. Now, this doesn't mean you should stop praying for people when you don't see God heal them, because you may be the one God can use to work through for the Spirit to give the gift of healing in the next person you pray for. Know that belief in God to heal is more than the actual result of the healing, but it can open up to you and the recipient the knowledge of God in new way. God our healer! And then if they are not a believer it is a chance to share the gospel message with them.

The challenging part is finding those opportunities today to pray. I seen this coming for a while, but now it has fully planted itself in the church among so many also. What’s the problem? “Unbelief” especially in this area of healing, but the question is why? I believe it also affects our mission in Christ of bring the knowledge of God to a dying world.

I don’t have a problem with people looking for medical solutions to remedy their problems in fact I think it is smart, but the trust we place in others, the camaraderie found in doing it and the attention you can get from it has diluted our belief that God can really heal us. So, most church talk today after the weather, current events or gossip dominates around getting attention or having our conversations center around our sicknesses, diseases, aches and pains we have. This is especially true for the folks who are growing older that should be sharing testimonies of Christ healing in our bodies, but now "sicknesses" I notice is what many young people want to talk about too. Each having their own debilitation I guess to feel special or voice their own uniqueness. What I'm watching is not limited to physical, but a growing interest in finding the right pills to take to care of them emotionally.

So even though we pray for healing the prayers are now; God, give wisdom to the docs and guide the surgeon’s hands, instead of looking to God first to heal you and keep you healthy. And yes, that includes us cooperating with staying healthy, but that's a whole other subject. Remember this body we were given is a temple of the Holy Spirit. The blessing of permissibility and having plenty can be its own obstacle, enjoy that blessings and don’t abuse it.

I shared a few experiences in a video of my encounters with God’s healing. Let me tell you, I go often into prayer to ask the Lord for healing in my own body believing He will and many times He has, and for the times He hasn’t then I go seek the help I need which honestly is almost like never. I am most grateful for that and humbled. But I want Him to have the first place and my reliance to be on Him to take care of me. I think the pain from not doing so will be part of the judgment and this reckoning we have now entered and will intensify in the months and years ahead. You will have wished you had trusted Jesus to heal you and help you to live right.

Is it any wonder the power medical things have over us today? A power given to it to even alter our lives, locking us up, and stopping us from being social and productive because of our dependence on it. The mantra has become doc's please fix me instead of God please help me. There is a place for both may God reveal that to you.

Of course. Faith can move mountains! As believers, we are called to believe in God above all else, for with God, all things are possible! :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I couldn't watch the video, but I believe more then I ever did. I thought I did, but not like I do now. I go to a church now where healing is normally taught. And I just feel like I have prayed wrong all these years. I thought I believed. But not like I do now. Someone named David Hogan is coming to our church in November. He has raised 33 people from the dead. Heals the sick. His ministry in Mexico, around 500 raised in all. It is amazing. Something Ive never heard before, but it is Biblical. And I am not seasoned at debating, so Im just going to follow this, but it is like seeing things for yourself and hearing personal testimonies...no denying this is still for today. God bless.

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't watch the video, but I believe more then I ever did. I thought I did, but not like I do now. I go to a church now where healing is normally taught. And I just feel like I have prayed wrong all these years. I thought I believed. But not like I do now. Someone named David Hogan is coming to our church in November. He has raised 33 people from the dead. Heals the sick. His ministry in Mexico, around 500 raised in all. It is amazing. Something Ive never heard before, but it is Biblical. And I am not seasoned at debating, so Im just going to follow this, but it is like seeing things for yourself and hearing personal testimonies...no denying this is still for today. God bless.
I think knowing God and allowing Him to teach you and showing you things is the most fulfilling experience. The scriptures in the new testament refers to it as being baptized into, a word that really refer to emerging into but more like canning pickles emerged into. Jesus told his disciples to go out and baptize them in the name of the Father, son and Holy Spirit which has been accompanied by the physical baptism to express we understand, but the meaning is more significant in making known the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (I almost deleted that, don't know why I felt a need to say it, maybe it will be an answer to someone else question who reads it) I love when I hear about others like yourself excited about the things of God.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think knowing God and allowing Him to teach you and showing you things is the most fulfilling experience. The scriptures in the new testament refers to it as being baptized into, a word that really refer to emerging into but more like canning pickles emerged into. Jesus told his disciples to go out and baptize them in the name of the Father, son and Holy Spirit which has been accompanied by the physical baptism to express we understand, but the meaning is more significant in making known the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (I almost deleted that, don't know why I felt a need to say it, maybe it will be an answer to someone else question who reads it) I love when I hear about others like yourself excited about the things of God.

Well, it definitely feels like going from Kansas to over the rainbow in Bible study. But what do you mean by canned pickles and things? LOL.

Do you think you need to be "baptized in the Holy Spirit" to be able to do things like healing people physically? Or is it literally the knowledge and believing/service to God? Our pastor shares this verse a lot:

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."
Hosea 4:6 NASB1995

I just quoted it all for context, but I do think what you know/believe will determine what someone can do/not do. Even then, I mean David Hogan, said he would pray over people for healing, and they would still die at first. It got to the point where they would joke with him about not praying over those who had colds even. It wasn't until He asked God to pick up the slack in whatever he was missing , that he raised his first little boy from the dead. And since then, I guess his ministry just took off. But miracles and gifts like this, it is all God anyway. I think those who are devout and fast/etc, are chosen more to do these things, because of their activated faith.

(Yall will hear about this guy for 8 months. Till he comes. I just hope I sing on praise team that night with all the people prolly coming. I just want to see this man speak! :D)

But YES! I am excited about the waymaker, miracle worker God. I have been super excited about these more miraculous sign gifts in the last couple years. It just eventually clicked that of course they were still for today. But even with these, it is just amazing God at work. It is all just a normal day for Him.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, just got to listen to the video (I usually cant sit and just watch anything with two kids). But that was amazing. Especially with the toe. What was it? It grew back? Pretty amazing. I had an opportunity a long ways back at Teen Challenge to see a healing take place. But this pastor came up to different people and me and was yelling, "do you believe? If not, get out." I wasn't sure and got out. I wish I stayed. Just staying would have been faith in God healing, even with doubts. But my friend had a broken leg and it was completely healed. I wasn't sure what to think then. LOL. I know now, but it was my first experience with it.

My family went to a conservative Baptist church on holidays, and VBS in summer. Came to know Christ at 15, but still a conservative, no signs gifts for today church. It isn't demonic, and it isn't all fake. Some probably are. But my friend believed and was healed. My other friend there was deaf in one ear since birth. She got her hearing in that ear, but she eventually stopped hearing in the ear again. I kept asking her with others, " you really can hear?" Maybe I put doubt in her heart or something. I was a lot younger and was there as part of recovery for self injury/ptsd purposes. I didn't know anything about healings and miracles. But it planted a seed. God just amazes me all He can do. I have been off two anxiety medications for many months now. I have dealt with anxiety all my life. I have my moments where I about go off the deep end still, but I believe I am healed! I believe I was healed the moment Christ died on the cross. I just needed time to accept that knowledge.

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it definitely feels like going from Kansas to over the rainbow in Bible study. But what do you mean by canned pickles and things? LOL.

Do you think you need to be "baptized in the Holy Spirit" to be able to do things like healing people physically? Or is it literally the knowledge and believing/service to God? Our pastor shares this verse a lot:

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."

I just quoted it all for context, but I do think what you know/believe will determine what someone can do/not do. Even then, I mean David Hogan, said he would pray over people for healing, and they would still die at first. It got to the point where they would joke with him about not praying over those who had colds even. It wasn't until He asked God to pick up the slack in whatever he was missing , that he raised his first little boy from the dead. And since then, I guess his ministry just took off. But miracles and gifts like this, it is all God anyway. I think those who are devout and fast/etc, are chosen more to do these things, because of their activated faith.

(Yall will hear about this guy for 8 months. Till he comes. I just hope I sing on praise team that night with all the people prolly coming. I just want to see this man speak! :D)

But YES! I am excited about the waymaker, miracle worker God. I have been super excited about these more miraculous sign gifts in the last couple years. It just eventually clicked that of course they were still for today. But even with these, it is just amazing God at work. It is all just a normal day for Him.

I think God can use anyone who puts their faith in Him, the rest you learn as you learn what is pleasing to Him through your own experiences, the scriptures and what you learn from others. Yes, I believe it is the right thing to be baptised. It is a profession and acknowledgement of your understand of the removal of the filth of your own life into the awareness of your new life you have been born into, because of your belief in Jesus and what He did for you in reconciling, back to the Father. If someone passes without it that's not the unforgivable sin, but if you understand what baptism is why would you not want to be? (answering 2 questions that people ask)

God used me to lead of a bunch of street kids to Christ and I discipled them in the street (a few definitely teen challenge material, but loved by God). some had no place to live and were living in cars on the outside of town. And one day we all went to the swimming hole and I shared with them what baptism meant. And sense they repented of their sin asked Jesus to save them already they wanted to be baptised so I did in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as symbolic acknowledgement of a deeper truth. A 22 year old believer at the time, baptising people not much younger than me, and hey, with no church certification or credentials. By they way I was baptized as a infant in a catholic church, hmmm don't remember it? But I was baptized by a traveling preacher by ourselves in a swimming pool at a holiday inn. I don't remember if I mentioned it in these vids but it was by this guy I mentioned in these two vids that did it.
Sensible or foolish part 1
and Sensible or foolish part 2

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never publicly anymore.

If and when God performs a miracle it is for obvious reasons. Most every public "miracle" has been proven to be a hoax unfortunately.

The quiet ones...those are the real ones that God has done. No book deals. No interviews on television by well spoken recipients.
Just real messy people who are doing something seemingly unimportant but eventually have an effect on someone else important. Several degrees removed from the spotlight.
YMMV

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God can use anyone who puts their faith in Him, the rest you learn as you learn what is pleasing to Him through your own experiences, the scriptures and what you learn from others. Yes, I believe it is the right thing to be baptised it is a profession and acknowledgement of your understand of the removal of the filth of your own life into the awareness of your new life you have been born into, because of your belief in Jesus and what He did for you in reconciling, back to the Father. If someone pass without it that's not the unforgivable sin, but if you understand it why would you not want to be? (answering 2 questions that people ask)
God used me to lead of a bunch of street kids to Christ and I discipled them in the street (a few definitely teen challenge material, but loved by God). some had no place to live and were living in cars on the outside of town. And one day we all went to the swimming hole and I shared with them what baptism meant. And sense they repented of their sin asked Jesus to save them already they wanted to be baptised so I did in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as symbolic acknowledgement of a deeper truth. A 22 year old believer at the time, baptising people not much younger than me, and hey, with no church certification or credentials. By they way I was baptized as a infant in a catholic church, hmmm don't remember it? But I was baptized by a traveling preacher by ourselves in a swimming pool at a holiday inn. I don't remember if I mentioned but it was by this guy I mentioned in these two vids.
Sensible or foolish part 1
and Sensible or foolish part 2

Oh i meant like Baptism of the Holy Spirit, like tongues, empowerment. like pentecost :) But Baptism is important too.

But no, do not remember that part. I knew you mentioned Catholicism. I catch bits and pieces of things.

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh i meant like Baptism of the Holy Spirit, like tongues, empowerment. like pentecost :) But Baptism is important too.

But no, do not remember that part. I knew you mentioned Catholicism. I catch bits and pieces of things.

Ok, yeah that is sorta the context when baptism is used in the scriptures. It is used as a word in places mentioned as really a description of an emergence in the knowledge of that bring about a change in you. Like Acts 19:1-7
While Apollos was in Corinth, Paul traveled through the interior regions and came to Ephesus. He found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed? ”
“No,” they told him, “we haven’t even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."
Into what then were you baptized? ” he asked them.
“Into John’s baptism,” they replied.
Paul said, “John baptized with a baptism of repentance,a telling the people that they should believe in the one who would come after him, that is, in Jesus.”
When they heard this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began to speak in tongues and to prophesy. Now there were about twelve men in all.

Last edited: