Do You Believe In God's Power?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
The ancient Israelites from Egypt did not believe that God could save them again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again,do you?

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
QUOTE (lastsecman @ Feb 12 2009, 01:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69050
The ancient Israelites from Egypt did not believe that God could save them again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again,do you?
I absolutely 100 percent, without a doubt have complete faith in God's power. His power is far beyond our limited comprehension!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Indeed i do, for me personally i have felt god move in my life in wonderfull ways.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Yes indeed I do !
biggrin.gif

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think sometimes it does us well to think/meditate on it. Taking something in nature, for instance, and think about how much went in to making sure it functions. Space (as in outer space) always fascinates me.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Are the replies of others getting your meaning?If you are referring to the Day of Pentecost as a repeatable event on the same believer, then no.You cannot be a witness of the Gospel if you are in the process of being saved. You have to be saved in order to be a witness of the Good News. Otherwise, christianity is just another religion.You cannot be a witness of the Gospel if you are being saved again and again and again in feeling God's power, then it is a false witness because that implies that you can become unsaved for God's power to fall on you again to save you. Ask Jesus to help you understand this verse below, then may He enable you to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and not something else in His name that denies Him as having bought you with a price to have you dealed as His.Matthew 9:17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
QUOTE (lastsecman @ Feb 12 2009, 01:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69050
I absolutely 100 percent, without a doubt have complete faith in God's power. His power is far beyond our limited comprehension!
But we are not called to have faith in God's power to be looking for that manifestation but in His Son, Jesus Christ the Lord as He will be appearing soon as the Bridegroom. Paul spoke of the power of God as being behind the increase of those being coverted in the mission field and not by a man's fair speech. He had to say that to signify that the spectacular conversion read about in Acts does not happen all the time as those that believe do so because no man can come to the Son unless the Father draws him. Paul did not want believers elevating him or anyone as to the cause of the Gospel being spread. God is at work and thus the need to say that is because it is not always evident with the spectaculr manifestation of the power of God.John 3:6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.John 14: 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.The fact that they believe first in Jesus before any spectular manifestation of the Spirit of God could come on the converted in Acts goes to show the real power of God being the Father drawing all men unto the Son to believe. That is the reason why all eyes are on the Son and why signs follow the believers as the signs are for unbelievers and not for believers to follow the signs but to follow Jesus, their Good Shepherd and Bridegroom: their first love.