Do you do this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wonderful......The way I see it, we should seek His face each and every morning and ask Him to direct out steps for that day (one day at a time), basically giving Him our permission to get involved in every single thing of any particular day....He can of course choose to show us things which are not just for that one day, I just mean from our side, what WE ought to do.. :)
ya, i guess die daily kind of implies that there will never be a day in which that will not be necessary? dunno

Reactions: pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favourite

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Rev_1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Teh ruth is in Christ alone, if you desire it, you know where to find it, just few desire it.... and revelation does not come from men, study nor religion, neither is it from men, it is by God alone, but who has faith in God to believe...
Did you get this revelation from yourself?? OR Did it just pop into your head OR did you study scripture to figure it out?? OR did God give you this information???

Or, perhaps, you learned this theory from someone else?? Another man??

How do you get your revelations to tell everyone else they are wrong about their revelations???

Curious Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, i guess die daily kind of implies that there will never be a day in which that will not be necessary? dunno
Until we have overcome every temptation, [which is what I believe Jesus did], it must be an every day thing. For you and me to die daily requires the assistance of One who is able to overcome such things. You and I by ourselves cannot.:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27
So then who or what must we have in us in order to accomplish it?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until we have overcome every temptation, [which is what I believe Jesus did], it must be an every day thing. For you and me to die daily requires the assistance of One who is able to overcome such things. You and I by ourselves cannot.:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27
So then who or what must we have in us in order to accomplish it?
Dear Amadeus,

What does your above statement have to do with you refusing to do what Jesus asked you to do? (Luke 22:19)

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...And, so, I leave you to your own will.
Dear Scott,

Since you are woefully unable to articulately defend the doctrines you have created for yourself, which were done by twisting scripture and ignoring Christian History, I leave you to your own destruction...(2 Peter 3:16)

Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Scott,

Since you are woefully unable to articulately defend the doctrines you have created for yourself, which were done by twisting scripture and ignoring Christian History, I leave you to your own destruction...(2 Peter 3:16)

Mary
Mary, what you have not accounted for according to 2 Peter 3:16, is that I have been taught by God. Which begs the question...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, what you have not accounted for according to 2 Peter 3:16, is that I have been taught by God. Which begs the question...
Dear Scott,

What you have not accounted for is that I and the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers have also been taught by God.

Which begs the question...what makes YOU right and all of us wrong????

Curious Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Amadeus,

What does your above statement have to do with you refusing to do what Jesus asked you to do? (Luke 22:19)

Curious Mary
If you had read all of what I wrote and understood it, you would already have your answer and know that I have not refused to obey. On the contrary I am obeying him daily.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, indeed; unfortunately any direct answers seem to immediately enter the realm of the esoteric or whatever, "you need Jesus," like that
Looking at it strictly from the carnal viewpoint, we can see ourselves again coming to your Nehushtan. There is something much deeper than that which the carnal eye alone will never be able to see. We must move past that to really please God:

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

Reactions: bbyrd009

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had read all of what I wrote and understood it, you would already have your answer and know that I have not refused to obey. On the contrary I am obeying him daily.
No sir....Not true. I did read all of what you wrote. I will quote what you wrote:

In post #30 you said "I don't do that anymore."

If you were obeying Him, like you say you are, you would do what he asked us to do....1 Corinthians 11:24

Furthermore, and as usual with you, you didn't answer my question: What does your above statement (post #143) have to do with you refusing to do what Jesus asked you to do?

IHS...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at it strictly from the carnal viewpoint, we can see ourselves again coming to your Nehushtan. There is something much deeper than that which the carnal eye alone will never be able to see. We must move past that to really please God:

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18
Twisting scripture to fit your doctrine has weakened your argument.
Nehushtan has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about.

Why don't you do what he told you to do? 1 Corinthians 11:24

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir....Not true. I did read all of what you wrote. I will quote what you wrote:

In post #30 you said "I don't do that anymore."

If you were obeying Him, like you say you are, you would do what he asked us to do....1 Corinthians 11:24

Furthermore, and as usual with you, you didn't answer my question: What does your above statement (post #143) have to do with you refusing to do what Jesus asked you to do?

IHS...Mary
Sister, you still do not understand.
I eat his flesh and drink his blood every day.

What I do not do is eat unleavened bread and drink the fruit of grapes instead of the Reality. There is the reality; and there is the type or shadow of the reality. The Reality is Jesus. Without eating and drinking of the Reality we have no Life in us.

Before Jesus went to the cross and paid the price and before the day of Pentecost as per Acts chapters 1 and 2 only the type and shadow were available. The Real thing became available for whosoever will, who understanding that would not partake rather of the Real thing?

If you disagree with what I understand and do, I cannot help that but probably you should then leave it alone for now. It is surely not your job to condemn anyone, is it?

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, you still do not understand.
I eat his flesh and drink his blood every day.

What I do not do is eat unleavened bread and drink the fruit of grapes instead of the Reality. There is the reality; and there is the type or shadow of the reality. The Reality is Jesus. Without eating and drinking of the Reality we have no Life in us.

Before Jesus went to the cross and paid the price and before the day of Pentecost as per Acts chapters 1 and 2 only the type and shadow were available. The Real thing became available for whosoever will, who understanding that would not partake rather of the Real thing?

If you disagree with what I understand and do, I cannot help that but probably you then leave it alone for now. It is surely not your job to condemn anyone, is it?
Dear Amadeus,

You can't say you eat His flesh and drink His blood everyday and then say you do not eat bread and drink the fruit of grapes ALL IN THE SAME STATEMENT.....that makes ZERO sense.

NOTHING in scripture backs up your belief "Without eating and drinking of the Reality we have no Life in us". That is your PERSONAL belief.

Jesus held bread and wine in his hand, gave it to his disciples and said what he said in Matthew 26:26. He did it, the Apostles did it, the disciples tell us in scripture they did it, the historical writings of the 1st century Christians reveal that they did it. All of them are wrong but you are right????

For 2,000 years it has been the practice of Christianity. It was not until the 16th century (the people who disagreed with the reformers) that YOUR theory became popular.

This is not a disagreement between you and me for it is not I who disagrees with what you understand and do....It is Jesus and the Apostles and their disciples the 1st century Christians who walked and talked with the Apostles and 2,000 years of Christian practice that disagrees with what you DON'T do.

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reality is Jesus, which is the Word of God!

"But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;" Ezek 2:8-9

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Nehushtan has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about.
i wouldn't be so sure, Mary, i gotta say i see a lot of similarities wadr
but then Nehushtan worship cannot be a very comfy subject for a Catholic, i guess.

i have no desire to pick any scabs here, but maybe you could define what you think N worship even is?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Scott,

What you have not accounted for is that I and the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers have also been taught by God.

Curious Mary
It's not a contest among those of God, but between good and evil, between the truth and a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
Dear Scott,

Curious Mary
Mary,

This is not a contest between you, me, and the church fathers, but between good and evil.

But I urge you to hear yourself. I have named and followed God, while you have named men and follow them...for which God has warned and foretold of strong delusion.

Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a contest among those of God, but between good and evil, between the truth and a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

Mary,

This is not a contest between you, me, and the church fathers, but between good and evil.

But I urge you to hear yourself. I have named and followed God, while you have named men and follow them...for which God has warned and foretold of strong delusion.
Scott,

Once again, SURPRISE, you didn't answer the question....you just preach.

So PLEASE answer my question: What makes YOU right and all of us wrong????

Curious Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott,

Once again, SURPRISE, you didn't answer the question....you just preach.

So PLEASE answer my question: What makes YOU right and all of us wrong????

Curious Mary
Mary...must I really quote myself, to show you that I have already answered your question:
I have named and followed God, while you have named men and follow them...for which God has warned and foretold of strong delusion.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reality is Jesus, which is the Word of God!

"But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;" Ezek 2:8-9

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14
Please answer the question: Jesus held bread and wine in his hand, gave it to his disciples and said what he said in Matthew 26:26. He did it, the Apostles did it, the disciples tell us in scripture they did it, the historical writings of the 1st century Christians reveal that they did it. All of them are wrong but you are right????

I suspect you are refusing to answer the question because YOU CAN'T.....but I love you anyways.

Mary