Do you do this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone does go with their own heart. This is true of every person, believer or unbeliever.

When our heart does not match up with the truth then our heart needs to be changed. This heart changing is what begins when an unbeliever comes to God.

Once you have made a connection with God and maintain that connection, He will lead you correctly, whether it agrees with me or not. Remember that within you there is God's voice and there is at least one other voice. This is why you will at times be confused. The confusion comes from the different voices. The scripture says that His sheep know His voice. That is where you want to be.
I cannot put you on His pathway and make you recognize His voice. Only you can do that with His help.

Never mind about where you think I am. Consider where you are and where God wants you to be. Keep on asking of Him.

May God richly bless you in your walk.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Dear sir,

I have made a connection with God. He said your wrong. Completely, Truly and utterly wrong.

I have NEVER thought YOU could put me in His pathway. I actually feel you are trying to lead me out of His pathway.

I does matter where I think you are. When I see you lying to yourself and others I am concerned for YOU and those that may fall for your lies. Isn't that one of the purposes for being Christian?

May God open your mind so you may see, live, practice and preach the Truth.

Love Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear sir,

I have made a connection with God. He said your wrong. Completely, Truly and utterly wrong.

I have NEVER thought YOU could put me in His pathway. I actually feel you are trying to lead me out of His pathway.

I does matter where I think you are. When I see you lying to yourself and others I am concerned for YOU and those that may fall for your lies. Isn't that one of the purposes for being Christian?

May God open your mind so you may see, live, practice and preach the Truth.

Love Mary
Give God the glory!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your honesty.

What you have stated is known as Relativism. That is a dangerous place to be. That is where Satan convinces us that there is no truth, only our truth.

Love, Mary

Last time, Mary. God is absolute. I never said I am right; I said I have to trust where He leads because I can not walk with Paul, or with Peter. Or with any of the Apostles. I can only walk with Christ. They have already taken their path that He chose for them. I am walking the same as you, one day at a time; staying in His word. We have the Word of God. We have other mature believers (yes, as you stated) and we have life. Life around me goes hand-in-hand with what God reveals as my walk. Praying for your Father.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness Scott.....

Your words are simply and utterly fascinating to me. I have read multiple books about the history of the early Church, the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers. Those writers have come from protestant to Catholic to agnostic backgrounds. I have NEVER read what you have alleged. I am fascinated by this new information.

I have NEVER read that the men who walked and talked with the Apostles (the Apostolic Fathers) or the ECF's were made delusional by God.

Where did you learn this from? Is there a website I can read with this information in it? A book? I would love to expand my knowledge.

Since we are getting WAY off topic I look forward to the information about that website or book that I hope you will provide me in your response to me. I will then gladly drop the subject once I have that information.

Mary
Just God's word...but do remember, His words are spirit:

Isaiah 66:4
So will I choose their delusions, And bring their fears on them; Because, when I called, no one answered, When I spoke they did not hear; But they did evil before My eyes, And chose that in which I do not delight.”

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just God's word...but do remember, His words are spirit:

Isaiah 66:4
So will I choose their delusions, And bring their fears on them; Because, when I called, no one answered, When I spoke they did not hear; But they did evil before My eyes, And chose that in which I do not delight.”

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
Got it.

You have created your own doctrine.

Maybe 2 Thessalonians and 2 Peter 3:16 applies to YOU.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your quote of Christ's statement is not a lie. But it is a lie to accuse one of not believing in His words, who has taken of Christ in spirit, knowing that He meant it spiritually and not literally.

As He said, "My words are spirit."
You sir make absolutely ZERO sense.....OR ....you are dishonest....or both.

I believe it is both.

Good day....Matthew 10:14

Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness Scott.....

Your words are simply and utterly fascinating to me. I have read multiple books about the history of the early Church, the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers. Those writers have come from protestant to Catholic to agnostic backgrounds. I have NEVER read what you have alleged. I am fascinated by this new information.

I have NEVER read that the men who walked and talked with the Apostles (the Apostolic Fathers) or the ECF's were made delusional by God.

Where did you learn this from? Is there a website I can read with this information in it? A book? I would love to expand my knowledge.

Since we are getting WAY off topic I look forward to the information about that website or book that I hope you will provide me in your response to me. I will then gladly drop the subject once I have that information.

Mary

Got it.

You have created your own doctrine.

Maybe 2 Thessalonians and 2 Peter 3:16 applies to YOU.

Mary
You sir make absolutely ZERO sense.....OR ....you are dishonest....or both.

I believe it is both.

Good day....Matthew 10:14

Mary
...And, so, I leave you to your own will.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA Seems they choose there ow, one a protestant, one a JW, one a SDA one a catholic. all mens religions and doctrines of teh devil. who can convince the blind of teh truth, when they choose not to see it.

Reactions: Helen and ScottA

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul was always subject to the Church, even though he got revelation directly from God. The Bible does not create a false dichotomy.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was always subject to the Church, even though he got revelation directly from God. The Bible does not create a false dichotomy.
No, but people do:

"Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But the religious do,

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@kepha31 But what you call 'church' and what men have turned it into, did not exist in Pauls day....He was subject to Christ and Christ alone, but in service to others... Just as Christ had informed them to do....Jesus is the Head of the true Church and therefore the only one any of us should be subject to ( the way humans see that position ).

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cannot put you on His pathway and make you recognize His voice. Only you can do that with His help
Yet another very wise and prudent answer, I hope the person will not just reject that completely ( by their own understanding) and truly seek God for the confirmation of this, as many others have had to do for ourselves....

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Him again to keeping directing our steps
Wonderful......The way I see it, we should seek His face each and every morning and ask Him to direct out steps for that day (one day at a time), basically giving Him our permission to get involved in every single thing of any particular day....He can of course choose to show us things which are not just for that one day, I just mean from our side, what WE ought to do.. :)

Reactions: amadeus

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@kepha31 But what you call 'church' and what men have turned it into, did not exist in Pauls day....
All doctrines develop over time. The Bible itself is a good example of development. Expecting the Church to look the same as it did 20 centuries ago isn't realistic, a living organism grows and expands yet the original truths remain.
He was subject to Christ and Christ alone, but in service to others... Just as Christ had informed them to do....Jesus is the Head of the true Church and therefore the only one any of us should be subject to ( the way humans see that position ).
The Bible says Jesus founded a physical earthly Church with invisible aspects. It's both. If you don't believe that then you don't believe the Bible.
In Matthew 18:15-18 we see Christ instructing His disciples on how to correct a fellow believer. It is extremely telling in this instance that Our Lord identifies the Church rather than Scripture as the final authority to be appealed to. He Himself says that if an offending brother "will not hear the Church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican" (Matt. 18:17) – that is, as an outsider who is lost. According to your theology, "will not hear one who reads scripture..." it doesn't say that. Moreover, Our Lord then solemnly re-emphasizes the Church’s infallible teaching authority in verse 18 by repeating His earlier statement about the power to bind and loose (Matt. 16:18-19), directing it this time to the Apostles as a group (7) rather than just to Peter: "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18).

Of course there are instances in the Bible where Our Lord does appeal to Scripture, but in these cases He, as one having authority, was teaching the Scriptures; He was not allowing the Scriptures to teach themselves. For example, He would respond to the Scribes and the Pharisees by using Scripture precisely because they often tried to trip Him up by using Scripture. In these instances, Our Lord often demonstrates how the Scribes and Pharisees had wrong interpretations, and hence He corrects them by properly interpreting Scripture.

The Catholic Church readily acknowledges the inerrancy and authority of Scripture. But the Catholic doctrine is that the immediate rule of faith for the Christian is the teaching authority of the Church – an authority to teach and interpret both Scripture and Tradition, as Matt. 18:17-18 shows.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
teaching authority of the Church – an authority to teach and interpret both Scripture and Tradition, as Matt. 18:17-18 shows.
mens churches have no authority over anyone, except those who give them authority , we have one authority, Jesus, we have many teachers, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, men can do nothing without them and revelation only comes from God, that you cannot get from any man, and without it, the bible is just a book.,

Reactions: amadeus and pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@kepha31 But what you call 'church' and what men have turned it into, did not exist in Pauls day....He was subject to Christ and Christ alone, but in service to others... Just as Christ had informed them to do....Jesus is the Head of the true Church and therefore the only one any of us should be subject to ( the way humans see that position ).
Hi pia,

If Paul was subject to Christ and Christ alone then why did he consult with the Apostles to make sure his teaching was not by any means run, or had run, in vain? Kind of sounds like Paul knew he was subject to the teachings of the Apostles.

Jesus told the Apostles Teach them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you...?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last time, Mary. God is absolute. I never said I am right; I said I have to trust where He leads because I can not walk with Paul, or with Peter. Or with any of the Apostles. I can only walk with Christ. They have already taken their path that He chose for them. I am walking the same as you, one day at a time; staying in His word. We have the Word of God. We have other mature believers (yes, as you stated) and we have life. Life around me goes hand-in-hand with what God reveals as my walk. Praying for your Father.
Thank you.

I agree you/we can not walk with the Apostles. HOWEVER, we have the writings of men who did walk with the Apostles and they make it clear that relativism is NOT a teaching in scripture. Scripture teaches completely opposite of relativism.

I agree, God is absolute and Jesus was absolute in his words and the Apostles were taught those absolute words from Jesus and Jesus told them to teach other men those absolute words...Matthew 28:20....and they passed it down to other men and those men taught it to other men.....2 Timothy 2:2....and they taught it to other men etc. etc.

According to your research on Scripture and Christian history, when did that form (Apostolic succession) of teaching end?

Thank you for the prayers....He is stable but weak. Not eating enough. :(

IHS...Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi pia,

If Paul was subject to Christ and Christ alone then why did he consult with the Apostles to make sure his teaching was not by any means run, or had run, in vain? Kind of sounds like Paul knew he was subject to the teachings of the Apostles.

Jesus told the Apostles Teach them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you...?

Mary

My favourite

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Rev_1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Teh ruth is in Christ alone, if you desire it, you know where to find it, just few desire it.... and revelation does not come from men, study nor religion, neither is it from men, it is by God alone, but who has faith in God to believe...

Reactions: amadeus