Do you do this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please answer the question: Jesus held bread and wine in his hand, gave it to his disciples and said what he said in Matthew 26:26. He did it, the Apostles did it, the disciples tell us in scripture they did it, the historical writings of the 1st century Christians reveal that they did it. All of them are wrong but you are right????

I suspect you are refusing to answer the question because YOU CAN'T.....but I love you anyways.

Mary
You may suspect whatever you think is right. That is up to you. No matter what I answer in your eyes I will mostly likely be wrong.

Whether they were right or wrong is between them and God. It is not for me to judge. I believe that I am right or I would not believe what I do.

Do you understand what the following verse means?

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

Reactions: bbyrd009

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary...must I really quote myself, to show you that I have already answered your question:
Scott....Scott....Scott...Scott

I have already debunked your fantastical belief that you are somehow more knowledgeable about scripture OR more blessed than the Apostolic Fathers. I debunked your fantasy with logic in post #148 when I stated: "I and the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers have also been taught by God." Just like you, I and the Apostolic Fathers have followed God....However the Fathers have one up on you....they walked and talked with the Apostles....they have better credentials and more credibility than you....Luke 10:16

So please come up with a different and logical theory in the answer to my question: What makes YOU right and all of us wrong????

I will also play your game to appease you.
I will pretend that you are right and the Apostolic Fathers are wrong. That's right....You got it right and they got it wrong!! I'm on your side.

Why I should be on your side and believe you, a man born 2,000 years after Christ? Prove to me you are more credible than the men who walked and talked with the Apostles. What evidence do you give?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may suspect whatever you think is right. That is up to you. No matter what I answer in your eyes I will mostly likely be wrong.

Whether they were right or wrong is between them and God. It is not for me to judge. I believe that I am right or I would not believe what I do.

Do you understand what the following verse means?

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12
Please answer the question: Jesus held bread and wine in his hand, gave it to his disciples and said what he said in Matthew 26:26. He did it, the Apostles did it, the disciples tell us in scripture they did it, the historical writings of the 1st century Christians reveal that they did it. All of them are wrong but you are right????

The answer is a simple YES or NO.

Curious Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott....Scott....Scott...Scott

I have already debunked your fantastical belief that you are somehow more knowledgeable about scripture OR more blessed than the Apostolic Fathers. I debunked your fantasy with logic in post #148 when I stated: "I and the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers have also been taught by God." Just like you, I and the Apostolic Fathers have followed God....However the Fathers have one up on you....they walked and talked with the Apostles....they have better credentials and more credibility than you....Luke 10:16

So please come up with a different and logical theory in the answer to my question: What makes YOU right and all of us wrong????

I will also play your game to appease you.
I will pretend that you are right and the Apostolic Fathers are wrong. That's right....You got it right and they got it wrong!! I'm on your side.

Why I should be on your side and believe you, a man born 2,000 years after Christ? Prove to me you are more credible than the men who walked and talked with the Apostles. What evidence do you give?

Curious Mary
It is obvious - you and they, have made men your god. You can't help but lift them up, as did they.

Reactions: amadeus and pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is obvious - you and they, have made men your god. You can't help but lift them up, as did they.
Oh goodness.

It is obvious - you have made yourself your god. You believe what you say because....WELL...you are superior to the Apostolic Fathers and if you say it is true....How sad.

Please, I am begging you, PLEASE....Just answer the question. Stop playing word games. Stop thinking you are some kind of all knowing prophet sent by God. Stop preaching and pretending your words are magical and mystical. Just answer the question: Why I should be on your side and believe you, a man born 2,000 years after Christ? Prove to me you are more credible than the men who walked and talked with the Apostles. What evidence do you give?

Mary

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ya, i guess die daily kind of implies that there will never be a day in which that will not be necessary? dunno
Yeah in a way...die to everything of the world each morning, take His lead and follow in the Spirit....Dead to the world but alive to Christ...Mind you, I am not saying that it is something which is always easy to do....:)

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness.

It is obvious - you have made yourself your god. You believe what you say because....WELL...you are superior to the Apostolic Fathers and if you say it is true....How sad.

Please, I am begging you, PLEASE....Just answer the question. Stop playing word games. Stop thinking you are some kind of all knowing prophet sent by God. Stop preaching and pretending your words are magical and mystical. Just answer the question: Why I should be on your side and believe you, a man born 2,000 years after Christ? Prove to me you are more credible than the men who walked and talked with the Apostles. What evidence do you give?

Mary
No.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you get this revelation from yourself?? OR Did it just pop into your head OR did you study scripture to figure it out?? OR did God give you this information???

Or, perhaps, you learned this theory from someone else?? Another man??

How do you get your revelations to tell everyone else they are wrong about their revelations???

Curious Mary
Well ill guess Mary youll have to figure that one out for yourself. And that hook had no barb so this fish is no longer biting.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The answer is a simple YES or NO.

Curious Mary
You should read the verse I included with my last post. You already have my answer to your question.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yeah in a way...die to everything of the world each morning, take His lead and follow in the Spirit....Dead to the world but alive to Christ...Mind you, I am not saying that it is something which is always easy to do....:)
ya, lots of counterfeits for that, too, ppl dying to the earth, that is an epidemic right now, i could show that easy in about two links, same ppl who do not understand how Autists are made, where Crohn's comes from, where Cancer comes from, etc

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I agree you/we can not walk with the Apostles. HOWEVER, we have the writings of men who did walk with the Apostles and they make it clear that relativism is NOT a teaching in scripture. Scripture teaches completely opposite of relativism.

I agree, God is absolute and Jesus was absolute in his words and the Apostles were taught those absolute words from Jesus and Jesus told them to teach other men those absolute words...Matthew 28:20....and they passed it down to other men and those men taught it to other men.....2 Timothy 2:2....and they taught it to other men etc. etc.

According to your research on Scripture and Christian history, when did that form (Apostolic succession) of teaching end?

Thank you for the prayers....He is stable but weak. Not eating enough. :(

IHS...Mary

Good to read your Father is stable! My prayers will continue to be with you and your family.

Came across this and it leapt out as one to share with you.

The embodiment of the New Testament(New Covenant) written in His blood and what we are to drink of:

2 Corinthians 13:14
[14] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:(

I asked what evidence you give and you wrote "no"!

You left off the "ne" at the end of that: NONE

Thank you for your time.

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to read your Father is stable! My prayers will continue to be with you and your family.

Came across this and it leapt out as one to share with you.

The embodiment of the New Testament(New Covenant) written in His blood and what we are to drink of:

2 Corinthians 13:14
[14] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Hi,

This passage about "communion" does not equate with and has nothing to do with the physical bread and wine (communion) that Jesus commanded us to take in memory of Him. The passage you quoted is the end of a letter Paul wrote to the Corinthians and he is sending them off with a prayer or blessing.

If you want to quote from scripture about the subject at hand, the bread and wine as communion, quote from Jesus in his bread of life discourse in John 6 or The Last Supper Narrative in Matthew or Luke.

Respectfully, Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"and said what He said" lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
may the fellowship of the Holy Wind be with us all today.

have a good one :)

Completely agree. No phantom or ghost.

Wind...I prefer breath. Breath that can blow on a man and dry up man's glory. Which leads back to "communion" eating and drinking of that which comes forth out the mouth of God.

Isaiah 40:5-8
[5] And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it . [6] The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: [7] The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. [8] The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Completely agree. No phantom or ghost.

Wind...I prefer breath. Breath that can blow on a man and dry up man's glory. Which leads back to "communion" eating and drinking of that which comes forth out the mouth of God.

Isaiah 40:5-8
[5] And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it . [6] The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: [7] The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. [8] The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
wind becomes more relevant to wings, so depends upon the context too i guess