Do you pray in tongues?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The scripture is plain and simple just as Grace put it, the five foolish virgins were/are not part of the Church, as in verse (12) below Jesus clearly steates (I Know You Not) "Unsaved", they didn't make the cut!

I do not have the classed as "unsaved" or lost by any means....
They were still virgins, they still had access to more oil...they actually went and got more oil.

But they were too late for the party ...which I believe is the 1000 year glorious reign. They missed the glory part....they were not awake and watching...
That is why I believe, not all those who look like the church now...are in the "glorious" church....most are still watching, waiting and even hidden...not taking part in the modern sham 'church' of today.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in So Cal, ground floor in the Jesus movement in the 70's, preachers on the public streets, beaches, shopping markets, etc, Jesus stickers on cars.
I grew up in Central California. I was baptized and received the Holy Ghost there long before moving away in 1985. I've been back to visit a few times since then but am unlikely to ever return permanently. The difference is startling even from a distance.

I now see a silence in street evangelism, no pastors mention this or even encourage it.

I believe we are in the final hours as Syria, Russia, Iran, America, Israel, Great Britian, France, The UN, And World Gather In The Possibility Of War, Syria is 100 miles from Jerusalem, The Valley of Megiddo, Armageddon is 60 miles?

I can't help but to consider prophecy in the events that are taking place.

Have we seen the great apostasy take place in the last 30 years, I believe so, big time!

Keep your eyes and ears open, as Israel and Jerusalem are the focal point of prophecy.

Will we soon see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, and a man proclaim world peace, as the Jews Messiah, AKA Antichrist?
I am not usually deep into prophecy even though as you see, so also do I see things happening all around. The answer I give to people when they are really interested is that God is the only answer. This doesn't mean it will all stop and reverse itself, but it means that God's people should not be worrying about themselves although they may at times find themselves weeping as Jesus wept. We will help others when and if we can as they open their hearts.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not have the classed as "unsaved" or lost by any means....
They were still virgins, they still had access to more oil...they actually went and got more oil.

But they were too late for the party ...which I believe is the 1000 year glorious reign. They missed the glory part....they were not awake and watching...
That is why I believe, not all those who look like the church now...are in the "glorious" church....most are still watching, waiting and even hidden...not taking part in the modern sham 'church' of today.
Well Grace The Door Being Shut Represents Final Judgment, I Will Disagree With You.
Jesus Didn't Know The Foolish Virgins, Jesus Knows His Sheep, They Hear His Voice.

The Foolish Virgins Didn't Make The Cut, They Were Unsaved, Not In The Sheepfold.

As far as a future 1000 year millennium on this earth, no such thing in the holy bible.

When Jesus returns, it will be in fire and final judgment, dissolvong this earth by his fire, 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 3:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Nahum 1:5

Revelation 20:1-6 is 100% in the Lords spiritual realm of no time, and spiritual beings, there is no physical earthly kingdom represented whatsoever.

Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ, 100% spiritual world, no literal earthly kingdom is seen.

Revelation 20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Many are taught that Matthew 25:31-46 sheep/goat judgment takes place to judge those worthy to enter a millennial kingdom on this earth?

False, as this is the "Final Judgment"
As verse 41 shows the wicked are judged to the eternal lake of fire, and verse 46 shows the righteous obtain "eternal life".

Matthew 25:31-46KJV
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry...we are both free to believe what we believe...
There is no way that I can believe that...to me it doesn't even make spiritual sense.
The wise and foolish virgins are about which of His Virgins has OIL, ( Holy Spirit, clear eye , and open ear...) nothing to do with salvation at all.

But, you will learn I am not an arguer ( very often :) )
I just state what "I" believe.
Our God is an awesome God. That is the bottom line.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry...we are both free to believe what we believe...
There is no way that I can believe that...to me it doesn't even make spiritual sense.
The wise and foolish virgins are about which of His Virgins has OIL, ( Holy Spirit, clear eye , and open ear...) nothing to do with salvation at all.

But, you will learn I am not an arguer ( very often :) )
I just state what "I" believe.
Our God is an awesome God. That is the bottom line.
I agree not a matter of salvation, we just disagree.

Ya want a piece of my avatar cake, I love those things!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truth7t7
Another thing you will find about me is...and you wont like it, sorry. :)
I do not quote reams of scriptures to try and "prove my point"
In my decade plus years on forums, I have found that anyone can use any scripture to "prove" their point....and then the other person picks other scriptures to "prove" their point...and then like a dog and its tail, the argument goes around and around.
I got tired of doing that...so now I will not ever try to "win" any discussion with quotes and cherry picked favourite scriptures. It annoys people I know.
This is not a "win or lose" issue.

Plus, you may as well find out now...I also believe Eph 4:6
" One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
This includes the foolish virgins...who were displaced from what could have been their "high calling in Christ Jesus"....they just didn't make the grade.
They lost their position at the table....

"Make your calling and election sure
...."
Keep your lamp bright and you oil burning...

Reactions: Triumph1300

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for peace as the new embassy opens in Jerusalem. The obtuse Palestinians teach their children that the Jews stole Israel from them. The insane bombers and mad men will be provoked. Peace be to Jerusalem.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 13:8
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

All Gifts of the Spirit ceased in Ac 28:28, when Israel and everything associated with Israel ceased to exist, at least until this 2000 year Gentile period we're now in is finished - my guess is 50 more years. Everything in Acts was Israel's (the saved Gentiles were all grafted into Israel), so it all ceased to be - the Gifts, the rapture, the Acts church, you name it. Today, we have a brand new Gentile church and we are the only people in the Bible that have an opportunity to spend eternity in Heaven. Of course, no one yet is in heaven (except Christ - John 3:13), since we all must wait in the grave for our resurrection. Besides the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the ONLY truths that apply directly TO US, today, concerning our calling, the hope of our calling, and our present day rules and directions, are found in Paul's last 7 books, all written after Acts - Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon.

Any manifestation of those gifts today are false and, most likely, are due to demonic possession, mass hysteria, or mass hypnosis. If the symptoms continue, see a shrink and/or an exorcist and, most importantly, stay out of charismatic churches. That is where most everyone catches this insidious disease.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any manifestation of those gifts today are false and, most likely, are due to demonic possession, mass hysteria, or mass hypnosis. If the symptoms continue, see a shrink and/or an exorcist and, most importantly, stay out of charismatic churches. That is where most everyone catches this insidious disease

Oh aren't you a cheerful little soul. :D

“A man with an experience of God is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.”
I can see that you don't even have the wisdom of Gamaliel, ...

Who said...
35 And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men. 38 And now I say unto you,......
let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God."

Wise words...take heed my friend.

You are calling the work of the Holy Spirit EVIL. !!!!!!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Ac28

READ you quoted scripture AGAIN!!! The times has NOT yet come...

1 Cor 13 9-10
"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. "

In the very next chapter 1 Cor 14:-
Paul said :- "I speak in tongues more than ye all. "

ALSO in the very next chapter 1 Cor 14
"Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isa 5:20
" Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness;

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 13:8
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

All Gifts of the Spirit ceased in Ac 28:28, when Israel and everything associated with Israel ceased to exist, at least until this 2000 year Gentile period we're now in is finished - my guess is 50 more years. Everything in Acts was Israel's (the saved Gentiles were all grafted into Israel), so it all ceased to be - the Gifts, the rapture, the Acts church, you name it. Today, we have a brand new Gentile church and we are the only people in the Bible that have an opportunity to spend eternity in Heaven. Of course, no one yet is in heaven, since we all must wait in the grave for our resurrection. Besides the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the ONLY truths that apply directly TO US, today, are found in Paul's last 7 books, all written after Acts - Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon.

Any manifestation of those gifts today are false and, most likely, are due to demonic possession, mass hysteria, or mass hypnosis. If the symptoms continue, see a shrink and/or an exorcist and, most importantly, stay out of charismatic churches. That is where most everyone catches this insidious disease.
I received the gift of speaking in other tongues 40 years ago, you say this is demonic possession?

I confess Jesus Christ Is Not Accursed, Jesus Christ Is Lord, By The Power Of The Holy Ghost Within Me, Does That Sound Like Demon Posession.

Do you believe the scripture written below, I Do!

Jesus Christ Is The Lord!

1 Corinthians 12:3KJV
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I'm not commenting on this one.

Have a great evening you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I received the gift of speaking in other tongues 40 years ago, you say this is demonic possession?

I confess Jesus Christ Is Not Accursed, Jesus Christ Is Lord, By The Power Of The Holy Ghost Within Me, Does That Sound Like Demon Posession.

Do you believe the scripture written below, I Do!

Jesus Christ Is The Lord!

1 Corinthians 12:3KJV
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
Demonic possession, mass hysteria, and mass hypnosis were the only things I could think of that would make a person think they had any of the gifts of the Spirit, as initially given to the 120 in the upper room, which were all Jews. I also believe that many enjoy the dark side, the magic of it, and there are those who feels that they're in a privileged special class of those who have received the fake, unBiblical second blessing. There is no doubt the gifts were done away with at the end of Acts, when Israel was set aside. In Paul's 7 post Acts books, he mentioned 3 situations where he was unable to heal his companions. Yet, in Acts 28, the very last chapter in Acts, he healed many people and a poisonous snake bite didn't phase him. There is no doubt that the gifts stopped at the very end of Acts, when Israel and everything associated with Israel ceased. This includes Paul's Acts books, which were written to Jews and to saved Gentiles, all of whom were part of Israel, since they were all grafted into Israel, the good olive tree. Acts was, therefore, all Israel and all of those quotes from Corinthians, etc., concerning the gifts, aren't in play today. That's what right division (see below) is all about, to divide scripture, correctly, so that we weed out what applies directly to Israel and only utilize what directly applies to us Gentiles.

I spent nearly 2 years in large charismatic churches in Houston, in order to help out my favorite aunt. I soon discovered that, mainly during the pre-sermon hour of droning, repetitive music, I often received a super feel-good, almost orgasmic, "buzz". This "buzz" was identical to the super "buzz" I felt 20 years before that when, in my pagan years, I practiced Transcendental Meditation. Later on, I found out the TM mantra I was given was the name of a Hindu deity. For 20 minutes, twice a day, for about 5 years, I was summoning a demon. Anyway, I truly believe that everyone attending a charismatic church feels this same "buzz" that I did, but no one seems to want to talk about it. My guess is that the possibility of this "buzz" being of demonic origin is strong and that the "buzz" is a main reason of people not leaving those non-Biblical, fake tongue-talking, charismatic churches. Also, prophecy today is impossible, since Biblical prophecy ALWAYS involves Israel, and there is no Israel, in God's eyes, today. So, any supposed manifestation of the big 3, tongues, healing, and prophecy, is 100% fake. In the 2 years I spent in those unBiblical charismatic churches, I never saw tongues or their interpretation or praying in tongues done ANYTHING like they're described in Paul's Acts books.

Since none of those churches obey 2Tim 2:15 and rightly divide (correctly cut, correctly dissect, according to Strong's) God's word, they are not approved unto God and they need to be ashamed, as it says in that scripture. The ONLY purpose of the gifts in Acts was to provide Israel with a sign, so they would hopefully accept Christ, so He would return, and the promised earthly Kingdom would start. When Israel was set aside in Ac 28:28, there was no need for the gifts.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some firmly believe that there are spiritual benefits to praying in tongues.

1.) Praying in tongues gives us a direct and unimpeded communication between our human spirit and the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 14:2a).

2.) Praying in tongues brings the secrets of God's Spirit into our spirit (1 Corinthians 14:2b).

3.) When we pray in tongues, we cultivate and increase our spiritual strength (I Corinthians 14:4a).

4.) Praying in tongues tends to help us enter into the spiritual place wherein the Spirit can speak through us prophetically to others (I Corinthians 14:5).

5.) Praying in tongues leads us to desire interpretation (I Corinthians 14:13).

6.) Tongues releases us to a higher forms of spiritual worship (I Corinthians 14:15).

Have you experienced any of these things?

What are some of your experiences in the Spirit while praying in tongues?

Believers should be discerning the tongues and the spirit that had brought it to them when it was separate from salvation.

#1. John 16:13 in ALL Bible versions testify to the reality that the Holy Spirit CANNOT use God's gift of tongues to audibly voice His intercessions, not even in groans as Romans 8:26 in the KJV has the only correct meaning of Paul's words as Romans 8:27 testify to the Son as knowing the mind of the Spirit to give His unspeakable intercessions for Him to the Father as it is the will of God of Jesus being the only Mediator between God & men.

#2. Paul stated that he prayed that someone may interpret the tongue he was saying so that he would understand it and be fruitful to himself. 1 Corinthians 14:13-15 Otherwise, why pray for that interpretation other than that there is no other way to understand that tongue that would benefit the tongue speaker?

#3. 1 Corinthians 12:7-12 dictates that the gifts are to profit the body withal; not individually. And 1 Corinthians 12:13 reproves the phenomena that one can seek to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation to get tongues when yet no other gifts is gained in that way which goes to the defense of our faith in Jesus Christ in holding fast to the traditions taught of us in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15

#4. Isaiah 8:19 is an O.T. reference of the supernatural tongue that is in the world that is just vain and profane babbling; hence gibberish nonsense. And yet 1 Thessalonians 5:21-24 instructs us to prove all things and abstain from all appearances of evil with the Lord's help. So how can God call sinners away from their kind of tongues brought on by other spirits to a personal reconciled relationship with God through His Son if believers can switch the mode for what God's real gift of tongues are for; of being of other men's lips to speak unto the people if they can also identify with the supernatural tongue that was in the world before Pentecost by using it as a form of prayer?

#5. 1 John 4:1-6 warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them by knowing that the Holy Spirit is in you so that when a spirit comes over you later on apart from salvation, they would know that was not the Holy Spirit at all, but the spirit of the antichrist. This is to avoid speaking as the world speaks by that spirit of error in 1 John 4:5-6 and to beware of the falling away of the faith by those seducing spirits in 1 Timothy 4:1-2. Indeed, the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelation 2:18-25 is guilty of spiritual fornication and have known the utter depths of Satan for which they speak in tongues, and unless they repent, they are at risk of being cast into the bed of the great tribulation; hence, they will be left behind.

#6. For all the benefits supposedly claimed for tongues for private use, tongue speakers do not know what that tongue is saying if it is "self edification", a prayer from the Holy Spirit, a form of worship, or anything else. Their unproven claims only lead to confusion and a direct violation of 1 Corinthians 12:20-21 for what the gifts are for; to edify the body of believers as a whole; not individually where tongue speaker need nobody else.

Although there are fakers out there in speaking in tongues as well as those faking interpreting the tongues to fit in, and some may even know the other language as a second language, I believer those that use tongues for private use are genuine in what they say that it is real and about the "second blessing" from which they claimed they had received this tongue by is also real, but that was not the Holy Spirit nor the real God's gift of tongues. Those who continue to believe this, are ignoring His words for why His tongues can never be used for prayer when He wants us to pray.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.....25 Brethren, pray for us.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Topic thread asks "Do you pray in tongues"

A simple Yes or No would suffice. :)

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of the above. While I seek to pray intelligently about what I'm praying about, I also recognise that there are times when I simply do not have the words to express what I want to say.
Then I trust that the spirit living in me will inturpret my longing to the Father.

Jesus, the Son of God, the only Mediator between God and men ( 1 Timothy 2:5 ), knows the mind of the Spirit to give His unspeakable intercessions to the Father ( Romans 8:26-27 KJV ) so that when the Father says yes to any of the Spirit's unspoken intercessions, or any of the Son's intercessions, or any of our intercessions that the Son gives for us to the Father, the Son answer the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers ( John 14:13-14 ).

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

This is why tongues are not required for prayer. As much as tongue speakers brag about the closeness of using tongues as a prayer language, that is them separating themselves from the non-tongue speakers as if God does not love them as much as the tongue speakers, even though they never come out and say that, but they are coloring God's use of tongues as selective when for private use and not to be blessed by all when Paul says that is what the gifts are for and why God's gift of tongues will come with interpretation when used in the assembly.

It is too bad that many love their tongues more than Him to pray normally so that when they do get an answer to prayer, they would give the Father genuine heartfelt thanks in Jesus's name and glorify Him by that.

It is also too bad that believers that use tongues for private use fail to see the evil fruit of division when they claim all those benefits, making non-tongue speakers feel like they are missing something in their walk with the Lord; thus comes the promotion to seek to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation with evidence of tongues or by a sign of tongues when tongues were never to serve as a sign to believers for anything.

Jesus Christ in us is as close as anyone can be supernaturally without any outward manifestations when He dwells in us by faith and not by sight.

Learning of Him in His words is how we edify ourselves, knowing what is written to grow in the knowledge of Him and His promises to us in the KJV.

Us praying normally is how we relate to God our needs and concerns and fears so that when He answers them, we may give Him thanksgivings too.

That is truly beneficial not only to God but to our spirits as well.

Praying or speaking in tongues without interpretation CANNOT be beneficial to the tongue speaker when he or she knows not what that tongue just did. But they want to believe it is of God as they revel in the supernatural even though they understand it not at as the heathens do not.

Those who agree with me may pray for the tongue speakers that they may return to their first love and pray normally like the rest of us, signifying our faith and holding fast the tradition taught of us that we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth at the calling of the gospel ( 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 ) and no other calling. Ephesians 4:4-6

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Says you. Who obviously don't or can't. :(

Well , slap me sideways...I have found myself doing the very thing that we agreed not to so!! :D
Sorry @Triumph1300 ( I just smacked myself.)

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Now if all of us did that when there is a disruption on a thread, this would be a happier place :D

That is not exactly the OP, sister.

Some firmly believe that there are spiritual benefits to praying in tongues.

ByGrace, I am disagreeing with his opening statement and explaining why.

Have you experienced any of these things?

What are some of your experiences in the Spirit while praying in tongues?

I acknowledge that the phenomena is real, but it is not of Him. It is only assumed to be of Him, but it really isn't.

I believe in God's gift of tongues to be of other men's lips to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 ) and He will manifest interpretation of that tongue when manifested in the assembly. It cannot be used by the Holy Spirit to voice His intercessions when His intercessions are unspeakable and unutterable, and John 16:13 says He can only speak what He hears in that He cannot speak for Himself in regards to anything.