Do you really think you live up to the righteousness of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure if I like the idea of God or Jesus demanding glory or adoration - they are both glorious and worthy to be praised with out us. God is not narcissistic - nor does He demand sacrifices - we are blessed enough by God to enter into worship and praise. No doctrine about the Cross or Christ's resurrection is going to take anything away from His sacrifice.

More and more I am seeing the reality that doctrine divides people.......

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Oh really Aspen? This aint about doctrine dude... this is about denying Jesus Christ...

or do you agree with these statements?

"Christ has NOT paid any price for your sins nor has he become your righteousness."

"There is no such thing as the gift of salvation."

"you cannot come before God and proclaim your righteousness is because Christ died for you."

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh really Aspen? This aint about doctrine dude... this is about denying Jesus Christ...

or do you agree with these statements?

"Christ has NOT paid any price for your sins nor has he become your righteousness."

"you cannot come before God and proclaim your righteousness is because Christ died for you."

Yes this is certainly about doctrine - all of those statements concern doctrine. I happen to disagree with all of them because they are not Christian, but I also disagree with your stance on scripture. Who cares? Since when do somebodies' ideas effect your salvation? Sure, you can compare your outrage to Christ's anger in the temple - but that will always be comparing apples and oranges - Jesus is God - this is His show - He decides how to run it - we do not.

Instead, we are called to love - you know this! When doctrine - even false doctrine gets in the way of love, we are out of line. I know you know this because you have correctly pointed out my negative behavior towards several people on this board - as brother we look out for each other.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Dude... Paul wrote a whole section of a letter to people because he said they were being bewitched into falling from the grace of the Lord by once again returning to justification by the law... and in so doing making themselves strangers to Christ...

This isn't about debating over whether there was actually a flood or not for 15 pages...

This is about denying the Lord... making ourselves strangers to Christ... this is about holding onto our confession... and fighting the fight of FAITH...

So don't even compare your little arguments you're perpetually in about stuff that don't matter to this... it's not even close to being the same...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude... Paul wrote a whole section of a letter to people because he said they were being bewitched into falling from the grace of the Lord by once again returning to justification by the law... and in so doing making themselves strangers to Christ...

This isn't about debating over whether there was actually a flood or not for 15 pages...

This is about denying the Lord... making ourselves strangers to Christ... this is about holding onto our confession... and fighting the fight of FAITH...

So don't even compare your little arguments you're perpetually in about stuff that don't matter to this... it's not even close to being the same...

This post is so out-of-character for you, I am seriously wondering if someone hijacked your profile......

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

The question is are we expected to? the answer is no.....because we can't. This does not mean that we should live in and make sin a way of life. But God does not expect us to live up to the righteousness of Christ because the righteousness of Christ has been passed on to us.....we are already righteous in God's eyes.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
It's not out of character... you've just never seen how I get when people try and work against my salvation by telling me such stuff as...

Someone tries to separate me from Christ... tries to make me a stranger to Him with their false gospel and lies...

You'll see me get real... real quick...

And that's all I'm being... real...

I don't play the christian hypocrite... I don't post big happy faces when I aint happy...

I just say what I feel... I'm honest with what I'm thinking... that's who I am...

The question is are we expected to? the answer is no.....because we can't. This does not mean that we should live in and make sin a way of life. But God does not expect us to live up to the righteousness of Christ because the righteousness of Christ has been passed on to us.....we are already righteous in God's eyes.

I agree with all of that... that's why I aint in Vegas this weekend at my friends bachelor party for the wedding that I'm the best man in... and my friend didn't even give me a hard time about it... he told me, "I don't want you to feel like you have to go Robbie for me... I know you're not going to feel comfortable with what's going on" so obviously I'm not living a life that glorifies sin... but that has nothing to do with my salvation... as the glory for my salvation belongs to Christ alone...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky... The gospel isn't about us being sinners? And Christ having to redeem us? You're clueless...
Was Paul clueless?

1 Corinthians 1:2 (NKJV)
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

His blood...
Only for we who are striving to be sinless.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah dude... and you aint inheriting it... because you're not righteous... because you deny Jesus as savior... so beat it... over you...

Well, I am truly sadden by this....I've had some losses in the past week and this is a lot to bear.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That was a response to Ducky Aspen...

When He used this scripture... "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?"

To deny that Christ was my savior...

I was pointing out that he was the one that wasn't righteous... since he denies the Lord...

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with stuff... my friend just died of cancer today... I can relate... I hope the Lord comforts you...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a response to Ducky Aspen...

When He used this scripture... "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?"

To deny that Christ was my savior...

I was pointing out that he was the one that wasn't righteous... since he denies the Lord...

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with stuff... my friend just died of cancer today... I can relate... I hope the Lord comforts you...

Thanks Robbie, and I am sorry about your friend.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Alrighty then...It's that time again...Gather 'round...
woot.gif

group-hug2.gif

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bingo.

I'm glad someone got to this before I had the time to reply. It's not either or. It's both and.

Number one, we are presented with theologically loaded words in the Bible like: propitiation, justification, etc. The jargon is both legal and often financial in explaining what Christ did for us. They all lead to the idea that Christ paid for our sins in full, one version probably oversimplifies it to "made right" in the sight of God, but you get the idea. There is no other down payment or last payment payoff to be made. That clearly means there are no set rewards for working towards salvation. We do not earn our salvation by doing good things.

Ephesians 2:8-9 HCSB
For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift- not from works, so that no one can boast.

However, on a similar and related note, we don't run the other way and say there are no rules to being a Christian. I truly believe that a Christian undergoes a life-long process of Jesus transforming them into some more and something better. That doesn't mean life's gonna be easy and get better. There will be failure, there will be slip-ups, but you are a child of God. A child of God does not live the life of the world. It's not at all about following rules, it's about the change at the core - deep in the soul or heart.

II Corinthians 3:18 HCSB
We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... once you realize Christ had to die for your sins... and you receive Him... when you do blow it and sin.. you pretty much feel like crap... then we look to the cross... see that sin crucified with Christ... and we love Him all the more for saving us... then we continue to move forward as God works on our hearts... proclaiming the gift of salvation... that Christ made possible on the cross... by the covering of His blood.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Bingo.

I'm glad someone got to this before I had the time to reply. It's not either or. It's both and.

Number one, we are presented with theologically loaded words in the Bible like: propitiation, justification, etc. The jargon is both legal and often financial in explaining what Christ did for us. They all lead to the idea that Christ paid for our sins in full, one version probably oversimplifies it to "made right" in the sight of God, but you get the idea. There is no other down payment or last payment payoff to be made. That clearly means there are no set rewards for working towards salvation. We do not earn our salvation by doing good things.

Ephesians 2:8-9 HCSB
For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift- not from works, so that no one can boast.

However, on a similar and related note, we don't run the other way and say there are no rules to being a Christian. I truly believe that a Christian undergoes a life-long process of Jesus transforming them into some more and something better. That doesn't mean life's gonna be easy and get better. There will be failure, there will be slip-ups, but you are a child of God. A child of God does not live the life of the world. It's not at all about following rules, it's about the change at the core - deep in the soul or heart.

II Corinthians 3:18 HCSB
We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Amen and Amen...and the sooner we can get to this point the better we are able to live freely

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Hey Ducky...

The homosexual who says, "God be merciful to me a sinner" will inherit the kingdom way before you ever will in your filthy rags of works... yep... you hear me Ducky? All the homosexuals that you're constantly condemning... if they've received the mercy of God by being covered in the blood of His Son... God sees them as way more righteous than you can ever be in your filthy rags of works...

How's that gonna feel Ducky?

How's that gonna feel when homosexuals are entering the Kingdom in front of you because their sins are covered by the blood of His Son? is that just going to drive your pride and your ego crazy... are you gonna start screaming, "But Lord... I did this in your name... and I did that in your name... and I didn't do this... and they're homosexuals"

To which He'll look at you and say, "I never knew you.. depart from me you who practice lawlessness" And why will He see that you practice lawlessness? Because your lawless deeds He'll still remember because they won't be covered by His blood... and they won't be covered by His blood because you've made yourself a stranger by rejecting Him by trying to justify yourself by keeping the law... which is why He'll say He never knew you...

That's right Ducky... the homosexual who's sins are covered by the garment of the blood of Jesus... will enter the Kingdom of God way before you and your filthy pride based garment of works... how do you like that?