Do you show your brothers and sisters love and kindness as commanded, even when they're wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for me, not always, but I'm working on it!

My brothers and sisters, as long as we believe in and FOLLOW the "Great Commandment", I think it won't make any difference to God if one's understanding of various doctrines is mistaken. God isn't going to ridicule their misunderstanding but he might send you and me to the "sauna" for a short stint for ridiculing their understanding.

Matthew 5:22
English Standard Version
22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[a] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[c] of fire.

Let us be humble and loving ALWAYS. May God bless us ALL!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it won't make any difference to God if one's understanding of various doctrines is mistaken.

“…rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith” (Titus 1:13)

their understanding.

Understanding what?

What don’t you understand about not offending man and God?

“Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.” (Isaiah 1:16-17)

What’s so hard to understand about scriptures like these?

The problem is that men occupy themselves with frivolous things in the scriptures and create their own obstacles…

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My brothers and sisters, as long as we believe in and FOLLOW the "Great Commandment", I think it won't make any difference to God if one's understanding of various doctrines is mistaken. God isn't going to ridicule their misunderstanding but he might send you and me to the "sauna" for a short stint for ridiculing their understanding.

English Standard Version
22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[a] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[c] of fire.

It occurs to me that it serves no purpose to be disrespectful to those we disagree with. It only makes matters worse. Not for a second should we agree with them (if they are wrong), but we should always set the right example.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It occurs to me that it serves no purpose to be disrespectful to those we disagree with. It only makes matters worse. Not for a second should we agree with them (if they are wrong), but we should always set the right example.

Insulting others for not agreeing with one's point of view is rooted in ego, arrogance, and vanity. It is not a Godly behavior.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: How can you be respecrful to someone if you don't agree with them?

Reactions: Nancy

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

English Standard Version

At times the old man jumps out first and i may be sharp with them,agitated,disgusted,angry, etc.
But sometimes i am able to bite my tongue before blowing up. But in any event, i let them know im human.
Not like those who make out like they're pious and perfect.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Depe ds what they are being wrong about?
Following the wrong football team, voting for the wrong political, or believing some minor difference in theology, one agrees to differ.

But there beliefs are dangers, like actively supporting g black lives matter or gay rights while still claiming to be a Christian!

Then it is a time to sit down and talk seriously, calmly and as far S possible politely about these views.
Much of the time should be in listening, so you really understand what and why they believe and to hopefully counter their views.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By not insulting them.
Exactly.
If our posture toward others is to seek to understand them,
rather than seek to correct them to our views, life is better for all.

Harmony is when two different ideas live together in peace.
Discordance is when they are in conflict.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love to fight.

But when it comes to certain things about “beliefs” a person may have.

No sense in fighting.

Discussion and questions sure.

But i love to fight.

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

English Standard Version

Humble and loving doesn't always mean soft and gentle.

As far as I'm concerned Christian love is all about my concern and commitment for your wellbeing, and if there is a hard truth you need to hear, I'd better be willing to say it.

People sometimes reject love as a motive for actions that seem harsh. But sometimes if we truly love, that's what has to be.

Much love!