Why do so many of you insult fellow Christians that express a different understanding?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
O - OVERSEER OF NATIONS
Rev.2:26
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I
give power over the nations:
V - VICTORY STONE
In ancient times conquerors in public games and those pardoned were given
white stones. Condemned criminals were given black stones.
The white stone was also known as a victory stone.

Rev 2:17
17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To
him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a
white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth
saving he that receiveth it.

E - ETERNAL LIFE
Rev.2:7
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To
him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of
the paradise of God.

Rev 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not
blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my
Father, and before his angels.

R - ROYAL SEAT

Rev.3:21
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I
also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne
C - CONFESSION OF NAME BEFORE THE FATHER AND ANGELS

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not
blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my

O - OWNERSHIP BY DIVINE SEAL
Rev 3:12

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he
shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the
name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out
of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

M - MONUMENTAL PILLAR

Rev 3:12
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he
shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the
name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out
of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

E - ETERNAL INHERITANCE

Rev 21:7
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall
be my son.

R - ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

S - SECRET MANNA
Rev 2:17

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To
him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a
white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth
saving he that receiveth it.

SOURCES OF COMFORT

2 Cor 1:3
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of
mercies, and the God of all comfort;

GREEK - PARAKLETOS
PROPHECY
ASSURANCES OF OUR GOD
ROD AND STAFF
ADVENT OF CHRIST
KNOWLEDGE
LOGOS
EXONERATION
TESTIMONY OF OTHERS
ONENESS
SPIRIT
AMPLIFICATION
P - PROPHECY

1 Cor 14:3
But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and
comfort.

1 Cor 14:31
For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be
comforted.

A - ASSURANCES OUR GOD
John 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Isa 66:13
As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be
comforted in Jerusalem.

Isa 51:3
For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he
will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD;
joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of
melody.

2 Cor 1:3

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of
mercies, and the God of all comfort;

R - ROD AND STAFF

Ps 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

A - ADVENT OF CHRIST
1Thes 4:16-18
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice
of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise
first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in
the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

K - KNOWLEDGE
1 Cor 14:31
For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be
comforted.

L - LOGOS
Rom 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

E - EXONERATION
2 Cor 2:7
So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest
perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

T - TESTIMONY OF OTHERS
Acts 27:21-25
21But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said,
Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and
to have gained this harm and loss.
22And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any
man's life among you, but of the ship.
23For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I
serve,
24Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God
hath given thee all them that sail with thee.
25Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it

was told me.

Johann
Aha, lists, acronyms, acrostics, but what about alliteration?

Check out this Sovereign Pangram

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So many here are what I would describe as legalist zealots that don't believe in Jesus's commandment to love one another. When I read their insults, against me or another, I glean that they lack discernment and usually put them on "ignore". If you're quoting me and not getting a response, it's probably because I am no longer reading your posts.

Matthew 5:22
22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[a] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[b] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[c] of fire.
I wonder if God puts us on ignore when we offend him?

People are unloving because they have a faded, a dim and a distorted view of what love is/ of what God is. They have been informed by the World's definition.
Even when God hangs on a cross for our sake we struggle to comprehend the depth and height of this wonder which will be the study, the contemplation and conversation of those who are connected to Jesus throughout eternity.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if God puts us on ignore when we offend him?

People are unloving because they have a faded, a dim and a distorted view of what love is/ of what God is. They have been informed by the World's definition.
Even when God hangs on a cross for our sake we struggle to comprehend the depth and height of this wonder which will be the study, the contemplation and conversation of those who are connected to Jesus throughout eternity.
I don't put anyone on "ignore" until they demonstrate to me, repeatedly, that they are unwilling to accept God's words and are unable to teach me anything good. Remember, Jesus told the apostles to save their pearls and to shake the dust.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't put anyone on "ignore" until they demonstrate to me, repeatedly, that they are unwilling to accept God's words and are unable to teach me anything good. Remember, Jesus told the apostles to save their pearls and to shake the dust.
I'm persuaded Patrick, that what Jesus said in your quote above about shaking the dust off is a culturally loaded statement.
Us today interpret through a 21st century mindset and conclude it means some are pigs and we need to distance ourselves by 'shaking off the dust'

I am reminded that God condescended and messed with us....with our dust, with our prejudices and our outing attitudes.....he fed us and raised the dead......yup, the dead. It gives me pause for reflection, yup, the dead....even those already on the nose......and they didn't ask him......Ohhh, the wonder of it.

• Haha

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reminded that God condescended and messed with us....with our dust, with our prejudices and our outing attitudes.....he fed us and raised the dead......yup, the dead. It gives me pause for reflection, yup, the dead....even those already on the nose......and they didn't ask him......Ohhh, the wonder of it.
Confuseed.jpg

• Haha

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well talk about the biblical Jesus.

To start with why don't we use His real name...Yeshua.
No person, place, or thing named with a J in the scriptures.....all Y's....Yob, Yoshua, Yoseph, Yacob, Yohn, Yericho, Yerusalem, Yahweh, Yeshua etc.
Sie english langague we know today stemmed from german . Of course anglo saxon .
Did you know that the german J sounds identical to Y . Jesu
the s could also make a sh sound .
We need to discuss His teachings and the teachings of the apostles .
That is what needs to be discussed .
And we need to be on double time heavy gaurd against this false love that is growing massive and darker
by the hour within even our own churches .
I seen the most wicked prayer i think i ever seen .
A church was praying to What they call the god of love .
OH GOD OF LOVE
hear us
and the memebers all echoed HEAR our prayer .
ONLY GUESS what they consider love . All inclusive gay marriage , all paths god of love .
THEY WAS PRAYING TO a god that honors lawlessness and sin . the only god i know that does that
IS THE DEVIL . Many are praying to the devil thinking its THE GOD OF LOVE .
Cause that is who snuck that love , that correct not judge not DUNG pile into the churches .
And grailhunter , THE PATH TO GOD SURE GREW UNDER THAT . That road became so broad
that all paths lead to GOD now , sins are embrace and called good .
And about , i repeat , about the only thing them folks under the sway of this love god
seem to correct and call hate is TRUTH and those who do correct or try and correct the behavoir within the churches .
ITs getting bad grailhunter . REAL bad . AND its getting worse and worse now .
More and more darkness grows in greater and greater darkness and they call it light and love .
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE AN ALL OUT DELUSION of total reprobation has been sent .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To some degree I am in agreement with you.
You might find this funny but scholars are not in agreement with parts of Romans.

I can almost see Paul writing this with a glass of wine in his hand contemplating and saddened.... reminiscing of the good of his people but in the end was for not. Saddened by the stubbornness and ignorance of his Jewish brothers and what lay ahead for them.....They had waited 700 years for the Messiah and they had rejected Him and they would wait until the end crying and praying and chanting at the wall and another would not come. God sent His Son to save them and He was nailed to cross, suffered the passion and they rejected Him. Crucify Him! Crucify Him! Let His blood be on us and our children!....and so it was they became hated by the whole world. Even Christians tortured and killed them during the inquisitions and witch-hunts....

But is God going to give up on them?....I do not think so.
Paul knew , however , WHO TO POINT THEM TOO . and that i might SAVE SOME of them .
HE went around to about every jewish synogauge in the land preaching the ONLY name that saves .
But yeah its sad when any group rejects JESUS . jew or gentile .
And what is very sad is to watch what is and has become of more and more within Christendom .
JESUS CHRIST , GOD , the truth of those words has been rejected and replaced with satans version of a broad love
that has led them to the feet of the dragon who they believe now to be GOD . OH LOVE GOD HEAR OUR PRAYER
as they accept more and more sins and hate more and more the truth . Brings a tear to those eyes my friend .
But expose them and their agenda i will and must do . Time we bible up and learn THAT GOD , HIS CHRIST
and all the lovely , pure and holy truth whereby folks would grow wise .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm persuaded Patrick, that what Jesus said in your quote above about shaking the dust off is a culturally loaded statement.
Us today interpret through a 21st century mindset and conclude it means some are pigs and we need to distance ourselves by 'shaking off the dust'

Sorry Q.T. but, you speak "Aussie" lol! Can't figure this one out at all!
:jest:

Reactions: Patrick1966

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sie english langague we know today stemmed from german . Of course anglo saxon .
Did you know that the german J sounds identical to Y . Jesu
the s could also make a sh sound .
We need to discuss His teachings and the teachings of the apostles .
That is what needs to be discussed .
And we need to be on double time heavy gaurd against this false love that is growing massive and darker
by the hour within even our own churches .
I seen the most wicked prayer i think i ever seen .
A church was praying to What they call the god of love .
OH GOD OF LOVE
hear us
and the memebers all echoed HEAR our prayer .
ONLY GUESS what they consider love . All inclusive gay marriage , all paths god of love .
THEY WAS PRAYING TO a god that honors lawlessness and sin . the only god i know that does that
IS THE DEVIL . Many are praying to the devil thinking its THE GOD OF LOVE .
Cause that is who snuck that love , that correct not judge not DUNG pile into the churches .
And grailhunter , THE PATH TO GOD SURE GREW UNDER THAT . That road became so broad
that all paths lead to GOD now , sins are embrace and called good .
And about , i repeat , about the only thing them folks under the sway of this love god
seem to correct and call hate is TRUTH and those who do correct or try and correct the behavoir within the churches .
ITs getting bad grailhunter . REAL bad . AND its getting worse and worse now .
More and more darkness grows in greater and greater darkness and they call it light and love .
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE AN ALL OUT DELUSION of total reprobation has been sent .

I have heard all the explanations and they are wrong or lies.

This is pretty simple, no one knows for sure where the word Jesus came from, it is not connected to the scriptures in any way. It does not appear until the 17th century. Iēsous which refers to Yeshua in the scriptures does not translate to Jesus. Christ was referred to as Iēsous in the Geneva Bible and the first additions of the KJV. In other words the word Jesus does not appear in the English language or any Bible until the 17th century.

Which is irrelevant because the Greek word Iēsous is not a name...it is a word that means healer. Which also means that the scriptures did not refer to Christ by His name. You will see no Greek in history named Iēsous, nor will you see any one in history before the 17th century named Jesus.

Christ's name not in the New Testament!!! Shock shock! Do you think that odd? Why do you think that is? No one agrees on the reason but it is probably the same reason that they removed God the Father's name from the Old Testament. At one time God the Father's name occurred around 6,000 time....."they" removed them all.

God the Father's name is Yahweh and God the Son's name is Yeshua, their names are important and can be pronounce by anybody....it does not matter what language they speak.

Most of the confusion occurred with the J slam when every person, place, or thing that was pronounced with a Y was replaced with a J. It had nothing to do with the English language and I do mean nothing. The letter J came out in the 1400's, so anything written before that was not using J's.

Now some of this does not take expensive literary books to confirm. The Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance will tell you how to pronounce the J words like Job, Jacob, Jericho etc...and these words can be pronounced by English speaking people.

If they are just going to come up with a name for God's Son and you like J's....why not just call Him Joshua or Jacob. He was a Jew and these are Jewish names that occur in the scripures and it makes more since because at least people in the Bible and history were named Joshua or Jacob.

Is is wrong or sad that most Christians do not know the names of God the Father and God the Son. Is it wrong to pray and worship to a name that is not God the Father or God the Son.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Q.T. but, you speak "Aussie" lol! Can't figure this one out at all!
:jest:
"It gives me pause for reflection, yup, the dead....even those already on the nose......and they didn't ask him......Ohhh, the wonder of it."

That's where I lost you, lol. Just sounded different to me I suppose...You know I am just kidding with you! feeling somewhat silly today :Broadly:
coffee:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"It gives me pause for reflection, yup, the dead....even those already on the nose......and they didn't ask him......Ohhh, the wonder of it."

That's where I lost you, lol. Just sounded different to me I suppose...You know I am just kidding with you! feeling somewhat silly today :Broadly:
coffee:
Consider Lazarus, the brother of Mary and Martha. He was dead four days and on the nose when the stone to his tomb was pushed aside. Lazarus didn't ask Jesus to be brought back to life.....his ears were incapable of hearing, his mouth incapable of speaking.....and yet Jesus brought him back to life.

This event is also a metaphor. We who are dead in sin....even on the nose with the deadness of our selfish stench, Jesus calls to Life.
Which of us in our deadness has asked for life?

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider Lazarus, the brother of Mary and Martha. He was dead four days and on the nose when the stone to his tomb was pushed aside. Lazarus didn't ask Jesus to be brought back to life.....his ears were incapable of hearing, his mouth incapable of speaking.....and yet Jesus brought him back to life.

This event is also a metaphor. We who are dead in sin....even on the nose with the deadness of our selfish stench, Jesus calls to Life.
Which of us in our deadness has asked for life?
Ohhh, I get it now...a body already de-composing. Ew.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for thought !
Does God see and judge the same as we do, or does he see those whom seek the creator, the one true God or the practicing Jews differently?

Now, we both know that there is only one way to God and that is thru his Son,Jesus,and to be right at his second coming, we must believe in the sacrifice and redemption power of the Son.

I personally think there IS a distinction of the Jews apart from the rest of the sinners of the world.
I also know that God looks on the heart of a person and judges rightly.

We are of this generational thinking......that Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Adventist ECT are not the children of the faith of Jesus Christ.
Why do we judge here ? What about Primitive Baptist that hold to Calvinism, or not saved until your baptised in water or any of the reformers that ppl hold to their teachings?

Methodists, Quakers, Amish, Meddionites, ects. Is a label or denomination the final judgment of God?

If any man, woman or child worships any man, man made doctrine, religion, (pagan or of man) graven image or anything besides God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, he is accursed and the blessings of God are restricted from them.

Knowing the fullness of God puts us in a place that sometimes turns to condemnation !

2 Corinthians 4:6
“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”

Because of their darkness, we are able to be grafted into the vine. Jesus said he " came unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

God always has a plan, for he so loved the world. John 3:16

May I be more gracious in my words towards others, that I might not sin against God !

All that we can do as a followers of Christ is to let the light in us shine out as love towards others.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for thought !
Does God see and judge the same as we do, or does he see those whom seek the creator, the one true God or the practicing Jews differently?

Now, we both know that there is only one way to God and that is thru his Son,Jesus,and to be right at his second coming, we must believe in the sacrifice and redemption power of the Son.

I personally think there IS a distinction of the Jews apart from the rest of the sinners of the world.
I also know that God looks on the heart of a person and judges rightly.

We are of this generational thinking......that Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Adventist ECT are not the children of the faith of Jesus Christ.
Why do we judge here ? What about Primitive Baptist that hold to Calvinism, or not saved until your baptised in water or any of the reformers that ppl hold to their teachings?

Methodists, Quakers, Amish, Meddionites, ects. Is a label or denomination the final judgment of God?

If any man, woman or child worships any man, man made doctrine, religion, (pagan or of man) graven image or anything besides God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, he is accursed and the blessings of God are restricted from them.

Knowing the fullness of God puts us in a place that sometimes turns to condemnation !

2 Corinthians 4:6
“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”

Because of their darkness, we are able to be grafted into the vine. Jesus said he " came unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

God always has a plan, for he so loved the world. John 3:16

May I be more gracious in my words towards others, that I might not sin against God !

All that we can do as a followers of Christ is to let the light in us shine out as love towards others.
Well, all I can say about this...
"Just for thought !
Does God see and judge the same as we do, or does he see those whom seek the creator, the one true God or the practicing Jews differently?"

...is-Thank our God that he does not judge the same as we. Then there would be no people in heaven :Happy:

Good post!

Reactions: Rita and L.A.M.B.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's definitely not cool to be knocking your Christian brothers and sisters for having different beliefs than you. Everyone's trying to live their best Christian life, and it's important that we can all respect each other's thoughts, even if we don't agree. Let's just show some luv and be there to support each other in our Christian journeys.
Amen! And, Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Reactions: Johann