Do you speak against "Sinlessness"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On the question of sinlessness?

• Do you believe you are still a sinner?

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Did Jesus make you sinless?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Is 1 John 1:9 to be used multiple times?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Is it necessary to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's highly important to me, personally, to be honest.

Christian, who follow with Christ and abide and grow in him, they will receive a new life, dying to the old life if they so choose. Sometimes dying to things take time, and sometimes even some things that are prayed for are not taken away, like Paul, but God's grace is suffiencent.

I am just highly against any teaching that suggest that no one will ever sin again when they are a Christian. It's just wrong. If we never sinned again, hell we wouldn't even need Faith to please God, cause we could please God by our flesh, @1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it's paradoxical. While JEsus in you can't sin when he is coming through, but you can still have temptations and fall into sin.

I could quote more scripture but I dont see the point.

They can by their flesh. Saying they never sin again, is just bullcrap.

Matthew I can honestly say that I took care of my mother in her dying days. I can honestly say I have never stolen anything from any store, not even a bubble gum when I was a child. Just thinking about that one makes me love my parents memory. They sure were great teachers. That goes for lying to get someone in trouble which is bearing false witness. I have never murdered anyone, not even an animal. As far as coveting stuff, I am more of a giver, than a taker.

But what I did do was commit adultery! That made me guilty of the whole law. That is what I repented of, but not by turning away from it, but recognizing that it was wrong and I didn't want to stop, so if God wanted it stopped, He would have to make my married lover break up with me. After this long relationship one week later he broke up with me. It was the first prayer in my whole life that was answered. 2 weeks later I was born again of the Spirit and filled to overflowing. All desire for that relationship was finally gone.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew I can honestly say that I took care of my mother in her dying days. I can honestly say I have never stolen anything from any store, not even a bubble gum when I was a child. Just thinking about that one makes me love my parents memory. They sure were great teachers. That goes for lying to get someone in trouble which is bearing false witness. I have never murdered anyone, not even an animal. As far as coveting stuff, I am more of a giver, than a taker.
None of that impresses me. In fact, it's boastful and prideful however you may not realize that you are doing anything wrong in general.
But what I did do was commit adultery! That made me guilty of the whole law. That is what I repented of, but not by turning away from it, but recognizing that it was wrong and I didn't want to stop, so if God wanted it stopped, He would have to make my married lover break up with me. After this long relationship one week later he broke up with me. It was the first prayer in my whole life that was answered. 2 weeks later I was born again of the Spirit and filled to overflowing. All desire for that relationship was finally gone.

And? What that has to do with the topic of being sinless?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady, while I believe you are a living breathing human being with feelings,

I am simply reminded of what Jesus spoke of,

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector​

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus fulfilled the commandments, and the Law is only good if you are gonna use it lawful, and it is for lawbreakers, and all those who know they are lawbreakers, put their trust and faith in the Lord Jesus, and they are made right with God.

Oh okay, good to know I don't read all that well. I don't even believe that some of the commandments that are said by Jesus, are even to us sometimes. That is why context is important.

Go ahead and throw away 1 John 1:8 and replace it with another, never having to admit you are a sinner ever again, I don't understand your logic... let alone see you explain the flesh vs the spirit.

People may go and sin less, but that doesn't mean they want never be tempted by sin again, either abiding in Christ, and then they dont indulge, or they could go back in the flesh do whatever the thing may be...

Whatever a person doesn't condemn himself in, he or she is okay.
1 John 1:7 is about us. We walk in the light and abide in Him. But there is something that Jesus is still cleansing in us. It is immature fruit. But because we abide in Him we keep His commandments, making us CLEAN.

John 15:1-4
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:7 is about us. We walk in the light and abide in Him. But there is something that Jesus is still cleansing in us. It is immature fruit. But because we abide in Him we keep His commandments, making us CLEAN.

John 15:1-4
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

That is wonderful

I am all about becoming dead to sin, abiding in Christ.

It doesn't the stop the notion of desiring of temptations that come along.

None of those principles have ever changed...

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that impresses me. In fact, it's boastful and prideful however you may not realize that you are doing anything wrong in general.

And? What that has to do with the topic of being sinless?
We MUST be born again of the Spirit. It didn't matter that I was a good kid, I broke the whole law. Breaking a commandment of the Father was and still is a sin unto death. Christians do not commit sins unto death, only sins NOT unto death. 1 John 5:16-17

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We MUST be born again of the Spirit. It didn't matter that I was a good kid, I broke the whole law.

I am not against unbelievers coming into being baptized in Christ. Unbelievers are the ones who become born again through faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who believes that they can be sinlessly perfect, in their flesh are deceived.

That is all I really have to say, and it's not a reason to check and make a mark down everytime you sin, shaving your head and throwing ashes on your head.

God knows each and every imperfection, and each action is done in secret or public.

God judging us at the end of life should be sobering enough to go about having faith trusting God, and loving God first, and loving others first; even through ones own failures, but that doesn't beat oneself up... and not continue to get up and walk. No reason to stay in a pit of despair for things that tend to happen by our own actions. It's good to talk to God about those things and let him work them out in your life if it is possible.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not against unbelievers coming into being baptized in Christ. Unbelievers are the ones who become born again through faith.
Matthew I was a Christian all my life. I was a Seventh-day Adventist and as a child I memorized the Ten Commandments so that helped keep me a "good kid." However, I wasn't saved. I just used my own righteousness that were dirty rags compared to the strength and power of the Spirit. That is why my flesh was weak when it came to that man.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew I was a Christian all my life. I was a Seventh-day Adventist and as a child I memorized the Ten Commandments so that helped keep me a "good kid." However, I wasn't saved. I just used my own righteousness that were dirty rags compared to the strength and power of the Spirit. That is why my flesh was weak when it came to that man.
Okay. The flesh is always weak, but the spirit is willing.

I never was a Christian all my life.

41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who believes that they can be sinlessly perfect, in their flesh are deceived.

Sinless perfection as its called doesn't exist, and that is NOT what I teach. I marvel that God calls us righteous and clean when we are unloving and lose control. But He does. He makes us sinless. Then when He is finished pruning and maturing all the fruit of the Spirit, then we are perfect. Jesus does it all. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. All we have to do is ABIDE IN HIM.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. The flesh is always weak, but the spirit is willing.

I never was a Christian all my life.

41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Stay in the Spirit. Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit? The evidence is freedom from sin. The apostles call lawlessness sin, because that is sins unto death. Those are the major sins that Catholics called mortal sins. We still commit sins not unto death, but when mature we can be free of those too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinless perfection as its called doesn't exist, and that is NOT what I teach. I marvel that God calls us righteous and clean when we are unloving and lose control. But He does. He makes us sinless. Then when He is finished pruning and maturing all the fruit of the Spirit, then we are perfect. Jesus does it all. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. All we have to do is ABIDE IN HIM.
It's amazing he already done that for all people. Everyone has been made a clean slate thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ. Today, people choose to eat from the tree of life (the death, burial, and resurrection), or eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

People are adopted into the heavenly kingdom, now they are adopted Children of God, and can grow to be sons or daughters of God.

That doesn't mean that flesh is not any longer there, there are temptations that people are lead away by.

James 1:14

But every man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust and enticed.

Stay in the Spirit. Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit? The evidence is freedom from sin.

You'll only lose this flesh when you die.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good.

1 John 2:6 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
That means to love God and love others, that is the only commandment there is to live by, and also believing on the one whom had sent the Son.

Still doesn't mean people will not have trouble in the flesh. Jesus struggled with his own flesh. The prime example, that he also struggled the same we do still today.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That means to love God and love others, that is the only commandment there is to live by, and also believing on the one whom had sent the Son.

Still doesn't mean people will not have trouble in the flesh. Jesus struggled with his own flesh. The prime example, that he also struggled the same we do still today.
Don't forget, Jesus never sinned.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget, Jesus never sinned.
He struggled, though. Same as everyone else. Jesus makes life easier, when people follow after him. I know your primary focus is not sinning.

What is sinning to you anyway? What does it mean to sin?