Do you speak against "Sinlessness"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On the question of sinlessness?

• Do you believe you are still a sinner?

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Did Jesus make you sinless?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Is 1 John 1:9 to be used multiple times?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Is it necessary to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have it backwards.

You are confusing the taking away of the flood (of the Spirit) with the taking away of the ark (the catching away).
You may have been taught that and believe in a pretrib rapture and in fiction books, but the context is right there to be seen and SCRIPTURE confirms who is not taken and thrown into hell, us. Christians will be saved and live on a new earth with new heavens. If you won't let scripture interpret scripture, but instead try to force scripture to fit your beliefs even from a false teacher, you'll not know what the Author means anywhere in Scripture.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may have been taught that and believe in a pretrib rapture and in fiction books, but the context is right there to be seen and SCRIPTURE confirms who is not taken and thrown into hell, us. Christians will be saved and live on a new earth with new heavens. If you won't let scripture interpret scripture, but instead try to force scripture to fit your beliefs even from a false teacher, you'll not know what the Author means anywhere in Scripture.

What I have been telling you is from God not men. No contest. It is not scripture that interprets scripture, but the Spirit.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I have been telling you is from God not men. No contest. It is not scripture that interprets scripture, but the Spirit.
It is obvious your God is LaHaye. There is no way for you to prove your belief using Scripture! LaHaye is providing you a weak foundation. Come back to the Word of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is obvious your God is LaHaye. There is no way for you to prove your belief using Scripture! LaHaye is providing you a weak foundation. Come back to the Word of God.

I don't know who LaHaye is, and what is actually obvious, is that you say (and judge) a lot of things you know little or nothing about.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In response to your poll, it's necessary to have the Holy Spirit in order to be saved because you need God's Spirit in you to have faith in Him and to follow good deeds. I think but I'm not sure but what I know right now is that I feel I'm a sinner who needs God's mercy and that being sinless is probably something that will happen in the afterlife in Heaven. Not sure how much God can mold and mature you like clay in a potter in this life but I think you can get much better with God. We're definitely better with God and can have a relationship with Him by following what He wants, to love God and others and help each other as much as you can.
I'm sorry. I went back in my alerts and found this one.

First off, answer this question:

Read these and see if you are breaking any of them, or even if you have any desire to break any of them:

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

If no you have no desire at all to commit any of these commandments then the Spirit has already written them on your conscience and empowered you to naturally keep these. Simple. The modern versions of the Bible add the word "practice" to some verses in 1 John 3 and 5. But that is totally wrong. In other words, we can murder every once in a while, as long as we don't practice murder? Huh? NO! We do not commit murder, or theft, or lying, even once!

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

1 John 3:24
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

pearl, read the above verse. Are you abiding in Jesus according to this verse by having no desire to commit any of those major sins? If yes, then look at 1 John 1:7, " But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

If you've passed so far, then Jesus has cleansed your sin nature and you are sinless. But not perfect. That comes next. And can take some time, but as long as you are abiding in Jesus the smaller trespasses that are sins NOT unto death keep being cleansed. ABIDING IN JESUS BY OBEYING YOUR CONSCIENCE AND ALWAYS GOING TO BED WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE SINLESS, or RIGHTEOUS AND HAVE THE ASSURANCE OF HEAVEN. 1 John 3:21-22,
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

pearl, who taught you this "I feel I'm a sinner who needs God's mercy and that being sinless is probably something that will happen in the afterlife in Heaven. That is a trick of the devil - a doctrine of demons. If you waited until after you are dead the demons win, because without holiness, no man (or woman) shall see God. Hebrews 12:14. Jesus has made our new covenant so simple because Jesus does it all. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. There are no works you have to do, except what the Spirit leads you to do. pearl, the state in which you are in when you die is the state you will be in forever. You see it is not our body that must be born again to be sinless, but our nature. That is the "old man." Romans 6:5-7 "5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin."

On to perfection/holiness. All it takes is to continue abiding in Christ. John 15:1-4. Notice verse 3. That is a nod back to 1 John 3. We are CLEAN, " “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

Peter says it this way. I suggest memorizing all these verses. I have. 2 Peter 1:5-11. "5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is an interesting topic for me to try to learn and I always liked to learn from you 1stCenturyLady and look up to you.:)
What I mean is that as a Christian we will have a conscience in all our ways so that's why we won't sin deliberately and intentionally anymore. Then comes the discipline which effort is involved and exercising what we're called and lead by God to do in our life and in our relationships with and to others and we have the fruit of the Spirit. This is the molding and maturation process.
There's also the scripture which tells us that God who started a good work in us will bring it to completion so whatever that completion is, we need to run the good race that is set before us to that completion in order to get to heaven.
"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2
In this scripture, we see that we will be like Him "when Christ appears" so it's possible to be sinless but not perfect as we will always have waging war b/t the flesh and the Spirit but God promises that He will not tempt us beyond what we can resist or endure. Upon analyzing, Jesus seemed to face temptation too but he was perfect, never falling. We, however, may fall but get better over time. Can we become perfect afterwards in this life? I don't know. Just my thoughts
So in scripture it says He who began a good work in us will bring it to completion on the day of Christ and it also says in the bible that we all fall short of the glory of God so that seems to mean that we won't be sinless until the day of Christ.
@1stCenturyLady, What do you say about these posts of mine? Thank you!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady, What do you say about these posts of mine? Thank you!
This is an interesting topic for me to try to learn and I always liked to learn from you 1stCenturyLady and look up to you.:)
What I mean is that as a Christian we will have a conscience in all our ways so that's why we won't sin deliberately and intentionally anymore. Then comes the discipline which effort is involved and exercising what we're called and lead by God to do in our life and in our relationships with and to others and we have the fruit of the Spirit. This is the molding and maturation process.
There's also the scripture which tells us that God who started a good work in us will bring it to completion so whatever that completion is, we need to run the good race that is set before us to that completion in order to get to heaven.
"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2
In this scripture, we see that we will be like Him "when Christ appears" so it's possible to be sinless but not perfect as we will always have waging war b/t the flesh and the Spirit but God promises that He will not tempt us beyond what we can resist or endure. Upon analyzing, Jesus seemed to face temptation too but he was perfect, never falling. We, however, may fall but get better over time. Can we become perfect afterwards in this life? I don't know. Just my thoughts
Thank you for the kind words.

You are right that we won't sin deliberately and intentionally when our nature has been reborn in this lifetime. That is because Jesus takes away the lawlessness out of our nature (spirit and soul) causing us to keep the commandments and abide in Him. Based on 1 John 3:24.

Correction: 1 Corinthians 10:13. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. James 1:13 "Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone."

You see God is not doing the tempting. What is happening is that God has a rein on Satan and his angels who are the ones doing the tempting, otherwise, Satan would kill us all. Pearl, I don't even have to think about Satan because I know 1 John 5;18 "We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him."

Correction: Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.

It is all of mankind that must wrestle the devil which is why we MUST be born again of the Spirit. Once born again we have put on the whole armor of God, which is ABIDING in Christ. Then the wicked one does not touch us.

So in scripture it says He who began a good work in us will bring it to completion on the day of Christ and it also says in the bible that we all fall short of the glory of God so that seems to mean that we won't be sinless until the day of Christ.
Correction: Philippians 1:6 He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Jesus will be working on us as we abide in Him (which is key) during our lifetime until we die. Not after we die. There are Calvinists teaching we will always sin until we die, and THEN we will be perfected when we receive a new body. Again, that is a doctrine of demons. Demons want us to die in our sins. Then it will be too late.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the bible @1stCenturyLady. I have read it plenty of times, and have become well-adjusted to what is there.

I do not believe you are stupid, or inadequate. You are a person who has a heart for God, which is wonderful to see, however if you are just going to disregard me, on my questions it may be better for me to just stop talking in general to you on this subject because avoidance doesn't cause growth.

I am a sinner, saved by grace through faith. Jesus in me never sins when he comes in and through me to do the works of God, my flesh fails, but i do not beat myself over that type of stuff, its good to continue to have faith, trust God, and look towards walking in the spirit and not so much in ones flesh.

This is being honest before you and also God who has given believers newness of life through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
Sorry, I missed this. According to 1 John 3:4-5, I don't sin. Let's see if you can say the same (and @Bob Estey). These are sins unto death, not sins not unto death.

Do either of you break any of these even in your mind?

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

15 “You shall not steal.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

By keeping these commandments we are abiding in Jesus if we also believe in Him. We are clean and Jesus then starts to prune our fruit of the Spirit. John 15:1-4. Note that we are called CLEAN. That is referring us back to 1 John 3.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I missed this. According to 1 John 3:4-5, I don't sin. Let's see if you can say the same (and @Bob Estey). These are sins unto death, not sins not unto death.

15 “You shall not steal.

By keeping these commandments we are abiding in Jesus if we also believe in Him. We are clean and Jesus then starts to prune our fruit of the Spirit. John 15:1-4. Note that we are called CLEAN. That is referring us back to 1 John 3.
The thing about sin is that it brings trouble into our lives. You can talk about this kind of sin and that kind of sin, but any sin is going go bring trouble into our lives. Isn't it better, then, to try not to sin?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

15 “You shall not steal.

If you say so. I believe everyone sins and slips up from time to time when they have a bad day, or have a day where they desire their own will and way to be done rather than God's way, and for that as the pharisee and sinner, who prayed, all I can say is God have mercy on me because I am a sinner.

There are many people who see claiming themselves to be a sinner is a bad thing, it's not if you are being open and honest before God, anyone who tries to hold the law, and slips up with-in any alignment in just one area, they are guilty of all the law.

Aside from that the ten commandments, or the 10 words, given to the nation of Israel was given to them in which they would know that when they broke the law, they were guilty of it, and suffered curses because of those decisions. Jesus fulfilled those commandments and I believe that those who follow Christ, will obey his commandment which is to Love God, first and love others as you love yourself, they are doing the will of God, by abiding in Christ.

God doesnt love the person who sinless more than the other person who struggles with sinning, God desires the heart, and God knows people that are truly his, be it a addicted person to sex, or alchol, any person who is looking to God in faith, how can one say they are any better or worse than the next person? God sees us all equally, and and while we are given the ability to be freed of the bondage of sin, it doesn't mean you wont sin again, and just quoting one bible passage, doesn't hold much water if you can' t explain how you do not sin, except it be Christ within you who can not sin, but 1stcenturylady, by her flesh is capable of sinning.

Therefore I would say it's just not good to lie to oneself, or to God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing about sin is that it brings trouble into our lives. You can talk about this kind of sin and that kind of sin, but any sin is going go bring trouble into our lives. Isn't it better, then, to try not to sin?

The trouble with that is without the Spirit your own willpower won't last. Not if the sin is fun. No, we MUST be born again of the Spirit. Then there is no trying against our nature, just doing what would then come naturally to our new nature.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say so. I believe everyone sins and slips up from time to time when they have a bad day, or have a day where they desire their own will and way to be done rather than God's way, and for that as the pharisee and sinner, who prayed, all I can say is God have mercy on me because I am a sinner.

There are many people who see claiming themselves to be a sinner is a bad thing, it's not if you are being open and honest before God, anyone who tries to hold the law, and slips up with-in any alignment in just one area, they are guilty of all the law.

Aside from that the ten commandments, or the 10 words, given to the nation of Israel was given to them in which they would know that when they broke the law, they were guilty of it, and suffered curses because of those decisions. Jesus fulfilled those commandments and I believe that those who follow Christ, will obey his commandment which is to Love God, first and love others as you love yourself, they are doing the will of God, by abiding in Christ.

God doesnt love the person who sinless more than the other person who struggles with sinning, God desires the heart, and God knows people that are truly his, be it a addicted person to sex, or alchol, any person who is looking to God in faith, how can one say they are any better or worse than the next person? God sees us all equally, and and while we are given the ability to be freed of the bondage of sin, it doesn't mean you wont sin again, and just quoting one bible passage, doesn't hold much water if you can' t explain how you do not sin, except it be Christ within you who can not sin, but 1stcenturylady, by her flesh is capable of sinning.

Therefore I would say it's just not good to lie to oneself, or to God.
Matthew my flesh is dead.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, don't you know that the Holy Spirit will NOT contradict the Word of God? So what spirit are you listening to?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I went back in my alerts and found this one.

First off, answer this question:

Read these and see if you are breaking any of them, or even if you have any desire to break any of them:

15 “You shall not steal.

If no you have no desire at all to commit any of these commandments then the Spirit has already written them on your conscience and empowered you to naturally keep these. Simple. The modern versions of the Bible add the word "practice" to some verses in 1 John 3 and 5. But that is totally wrong. In other words, we can murder every once in a while, as long as we don't practice murder? Huh? NO! We do not commit murder, or theft, or lying, even once!

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

1 John 3:24
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

pearl, read the above verse. Are you abiding in Jesus according to this verse by having no desire to commit any of those major sins? If yes, then look at 1 John 1:7, " But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

If you've passed so far, then Jesus has cleansed your sin nature and you are sinless. But not perfect. That comes next. And can take some time, but as long as you are abiding in Jesus the smaller trespasses that are sins NOT unto death keep being cleansed. ABIDING IN JESUS BY OBEYING YOUR CONSCIENCE AND ALWAYS GOING TO BED WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE SINLESS, or RIGHTEOUS AND HAVE THE ASSURANCE OF HEAVEN. 1 John 3:21-22,
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

pearl, who taught you this "I feel I'm a sinner who needs God's mercy and that being sinless is probably something that will happen in the afterlife in Heaven. That is a trick of the devil - a doctrine of demons. If you waited until after you are dead the demons win, because without holiness, no man (or woman) shall see God. Hebrews 12:14. Jesus has made our new covenant so simple because Jesus does it all. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. There are no works you have to do, except what the Spirit leads you to do. pearl, the state in which you are in when you die is the state you will be in forever. You see it is not our body that must be born again to be sinless, but our nature. That is the "old man." Romans 6:5-7 "5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin."

On to perfection/holiness. All it takes is to continue abiding in Christ. John 15:1-4. Notice verse 3. That is a nod back to 1 John 3. We are CLEAN, " “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

Peter says it this way. I suggest memorizing all these verses. I have. 2 Peter 1:5-11. "5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
How about the other commandments?