Do you think Yoga is harmless ? Are you sure ? think again.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
Harmless as to compromising our walks with God as Christians.

I have heard and know many Christians who would attend yoga classes without hesitations. Too many to count and it pains me that people are acting out of ignorance but not spiritual ineptness. Strong words I used out of frustration and not condemnation. Always the former not the latter.

I'll just list out the obvious deceptions but you would get a much bigger picture if you google it.

Yoga is a Hindu discipline aimed at training the consciousness for a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility that is achieved through the three paths of actions and knowledge and devotion
a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind*

Footnote* taken right out from google dictionary.

When meditation is involved, and if such meditation is not on God's words, then it opens a door to other unwelcome spirits to enter our minds/body. I have read testimonies from Yoga masters claiming that they could feel their souls leaving their bodies and enter into another dimension, IMO is equivalent to astro projection in the west.

It clearly derived from Pagan practices and Hinduism is a religion that worships many idols. Standard yoga sessions involves playing Hindu music (religious intones) which is almost a replica from those you hear in their temples during worships.

I have personally witnessed and told by many practitioners that classes end with the instructors chanting some sort of a "mantra" that has a significant religious meaning, though I have no idea what it is and I have no desire to know.

There are some higher disciplined Christians (emphasis added) who think that if they could skip the meditation, pull the plug from the CD player to stop the music and not make that last "chant" prior to the end of the session then everything would be fine. It's just a little stretching exercise that does the body good so they say. Here is the catch. Little do they know that many postures or poses of yoga are imitations of Hindu gods or goddesses. There are literally thousands of idols in India that not only come in all shapes and sizes but they are mold in different poses and these are transpired into yoga. As I see it when you do those stretches or postures you are in alignment with idolatry. Moreover you are glorifying false gods and possibly inviting evil spirits. This is the hard truth many are oblivious to and I have done some research and only if people are more vigilant as I am they would see through this deadly deception from the enemy.

The irony :Sundays everyone goes to church to worship God, the great " I am" but on Saturdays they partake in an occult ceremony in a Hindu temple that are modified into a modern day empty classroom in some high rise building.

I'm sure there are some who would agree to disagree. What is your view ?

Still skeptical ? Lets have a second opinion. http://www.gotquesti...stian-yoga.html

Blessings

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you just describes sounds a lot like what we are to do with God now. yoga itself i do not believe in and of itself is wrong. it is how it is used that makes a thing good or bad. 1 cor 8:4-8 says As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one. v5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) v6 But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him. v7 Howbeit [there is] not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat [it] as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. v8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

these verses can also be applied to this question about yoga. if we are secure in God then we know who we are in Christ and that nothing can replace our God no matter what we go through. the problem comes with the people who see mature christians doing things that they think are wrong or are not as mature in Christ as they should be and are stumbled as a result. 1 cor 8:10-13 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; v11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? v12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. v13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend. thus we need to be very careful of what we do so it does not make others stumble.

i do not believe doing yoga exercises are wrong but how we go about it should be very carefully scrutinized. i believe we should do it in our homes or away from prying eyes to keep ourselves from accidentally becoming a stumbling block to others. we also need to be mature enough to know who we are in Christ so outside influences will not affect us. most importantly we need to listen to what the Holy Spirit is telling us. just because it is ok for one christian to do something does not mean God wants another christians to do the same thing. we need to be able to hear from the Holy Spirit.

God bless

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Harmless as to compromising our walks with God as Christians.

I have heard and know many Christians who would attend yoga classes without hesitations. Too many to count and it pains me that people are acting out of ignorance but not spiritual ineptness. Strong words I used out of frustration and not condemnation. Always the former not the latter.

I'll just list out the obvious deceptions but you would get a much bigger picture if you google it.

Yoga is a Hindu discipline aimed at training the consciousness for a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility that is achieved through the three paths of actions and knowledge and devotion
a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind*

Footnote* taken right out from google dictionary.

When meditation is involved, and if such meditation is not on God's words, then it opens a door to other unwelcome spirits to enter our minds/body. I have read testimonies from Yoga masters claiming that they could feel their souls leaving their bodies and enter into another dimension, IMO is equivalent to astro projection in the west.

It clearly derived from Pagan practices and Hinduism is a religion that worships many idols. Standard yoga sessions involves playing Hindu music (religious intones) which is almost a replica from those you hear in their temples during worships.

I have personally witnessed and told by many practitioners that classes end with the instructors chanting some sort of a "mantra" that has a significant religious meaning, though I have no idea what it is and I have no desire to know.

There are some higher disciplined Christians (emphasis added) who think that if they could skip the meditation, pull the plug from the CD player to stop the music and not make that last "chant" prior to the end of the session then everything would be fine. It's just a little stretching exercise that does the body good so they say. Here is the catch. Little do they know that many postures or poses of yoga are imitations of Hindu gods or goddesses. There are literally thousands of idols in India that not only come in all shapes and sizes but they are mold in different poses and these are transpired into yoga. As I see it when you do those stretches or postures you are in alignment with idolatry. Moreover you are glorifying false gods and possibly inviting evil spirits. This is the hard truth many are oblivious to and I have done some research and only if people are more vigilant as I am they would see through this deadly deception from the enemy.

The irony :Sundays everyone goes to church to worship God, the great " I am" but on Saturdays they partake in an occult ceremony in a Hindu temple that are modified into a modern day empty classroom in some high rise building.

I'm sure there are some who would agree to disagree. What is your view ?

Still skeptical ? Lets have a second opinion. http://www.gotquesti...stian-yoga.html

Blessings
Personally, I could never get into Yoga...it always gave me an eeary feeling...like new age

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like good exercise to me.

As a Christian, I do not fear a defeated enemy of God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...and i bet you don't keep him up at night either.

Nope. I do not have a personal relationship with Satan - sorry, Strat.

Jul 6, 2011
Well the physical part surely has no issues, but the spiritual part has implications. So one ought to qualify the aspects of yoga.