Do you wear/like distressed/ripped jeans? (Poll also...)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you wear/like distressed/ripped jeans?

• I have my ideas but would rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just wear my clothes till they are ripped and full of holes . Its called buying cheap and getting as much wear out of it as possible .
Now hands up , cause ITS LORD PRAISING TIME in the house . Yep , as i wrote on another thread ,
i buy cheap and wear it till it comes back into fashion . ALL them peoples spending all that money on clothes with holes .
Maybe i should do a yard sale . Come on down peoples i got all fashion sytles . I got swiss cheese pants
and i wont even charge as much as those high dollar stores . ITS a bargain .

Did you see the poll response options? :)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see the poll response options? :)
yeah but i dont go buy clothes like that . I just buy cheap and then over the years they start getting rips , tears and holes .
Most folks would call me quite poor . BUT MY RICHES ARE JESUS and i AM VERY RICH , FOR JESUS IS MY TREASURE .
Now hands up and let the LORD be praised . BE RICH IN FAITH . Now let the LORD be praised my friend .
The end of a lamb is real good , what a home awaits those who have the LORD .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t exactly vote any of those choices. I have many pairs of naturally distressed jeans. They’ve worn out and ripped at the knees and pockets. I wear them all the time when I’m working on a piece of furniture. They’re covered in a rainbow of all colors of paint, lol. I’ve run to the store before in them and had people offer me money for them and for my tshirts too! Haha!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My father would get into trouble from my mother for going to town in his wholly/holy paint stained singlets. He would look like a dag. It is a bit like wearing distressed jeans today, but he was way before that fad. Often he would ride his fixed wheel bike the 4 miles to get into the town centre where the shops where.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @dhh712 Thanks for your poll vote! :)

Any comment also (however brief)?
Thank you, sure. I just don't care for the style. I have a classic style that I think fits me well. Don't have an overly strong negative view towards this style, I just really don't care for it. I hear some people say why would you pay a new price for something that's already ripped up? (to me implying that these people are kind of dumb, like if that's the character they want to portray about themselves then they should just let the clothes get ripped up on their own, would save them money--and would be like a "true" look, not like faked to get it to that point; I think the ripped-up look was more expensive at some point when I was hearing these comments). Well, yeah, I surely wouldn't. But, if that's the style these people like, then probably it would take some time for the article of clothing to become that way and then it may not get ripped up like the way they'd like it to (would be my guess--though I'm thinking the length of time to get it to that point would be the more deciding factor).

Thank you for letting me know about your polls. I try to answer them, though I think I missed a couple at the beginning.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
...if that's the style these people like, then probably it would take some time for the article of clothing to become that way and then it may not get ripped up like the way they'd like it to (would be my guess--though I'm thinking the length of time to get it to that point would be the more deciding factor).
@dhh712 Thank-you; so I guess that although you yourself do not go for it, yet you do understand something of the rationale of those who choose to....

Reactions: dhh712

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm not a fan of distressed/ripped jeans. My wife has one pair of distressed/ripped jeans. I think they look better on her than me. I joke with her and call them her Bon Jovi jeans. :D
@mailmandan Thanks for the comment!

So your wife does like them...

Some ppl distress their own jeans (apparently there is a skill to doing it properly); others buy them ready distressed by the manufacturer; so did your wife ever happen to explain who distressed hers?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like Stunned, I cannot vote here. I have always worn jeans until they; like Amigo, looked like swiss cheese...then I cut them down for shorts and voila! I have a 20 year old pair of already distressed jeans ready to go fashionista :rolleyes: Lol...the most comfortable shorts I have are an ooooold pair of jeans, cut down and about a size to large, lol.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Like Stunned, I cannot vote here. I have always worn jeans until they; like Amigo, looked like swiss cheese...then I cut them down for shorts and voila! I have a 20 year old pair of already distressed jeans ready to go fashionista :rolleyes: Lol...the most comfortable shorts I have are an ooooold pair of jeans, cut down and about a size to large, lol.
Thanks, @Nancy Maybe I could expand the poll response options so that you could after all vote in the poll? :)

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It depends on how distressed and how modest/immodest they are. I don't like seeing someone in pants full of strategically placed holes with lots of skin showing.
This is just madness. People in the third world would refuse to wear this kind of non-clothing. But the fashion czars are making millions by promoting stupid and silly crazes like "distressed" clothes in the West. Someone should be distressing the fashion controllers for these freak shows. Next they'll be praising the "emperor" with no clothes.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you wear/like distressed/ripped jeans?
I don't think God minds what we wear..:)-

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7)

"Wives..your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.
Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful" (1 Peter 3:3-5)

"John wore clothing made of camel's hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey" (Mark 1:6)

Below- Michael York as John in 'Jesus of Nazareth-
john-11-11.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On another thread @Pearl and I were discussing distressed/ripped jeans, and rather than take over someone else's thread, it seemed better to talk here instead.....
I remember when my older brother and I had worn such jeans to school simply because we had really worn them. Eventually our mother would get around to patching over the holes in the knees, but in the interim, we would wear them that way... but they were always clean. She saw to that.

Then one day further down the line of man's history someone started making a style thing of it and wearing them that way on purpose... I was never able to appreciate that.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie