Does 1 Corinthians 11:7-9 disturb you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this on google does that make it true? “In the resurrection, people will no longer marry, but will be “like the angels,” like the first human made from mud and God’s own breath, before God split the Adam. Angels don’t fit our binary understanding of gender. Angels, God’s messengers, are genderqueer.

Of course, it’s pointless to argue about angelology. We do not know how many can dance on the head of a pin. In the Hebrew Bible, authors simply call an angel “a man” or “a stranger,” but what else would they call a being who isn’t a man or a woman?

Quote again “Angels, God’s messengers, are genderqueer.” ...o_O

Victory, you truly TRULY need to be a little more selective about what sources you pull up when looking up a word or term, LoL.

Unless I intended on going to one of the worst possible sources on the planet regarding scripture, if I saw anything being published by genderqueerid.com, I'd look elsewhere, like immediately.

Btw, that reminds me: Anyone see the queer Hallmark Christmas movie? The advertisements for it kinda made my stomach turn. I am NOT ready for a genderqueer Christmas, if that's the direction things are going.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct, and I am sorry. I should not have written "you", I should have written "we" because I did not mean you, personally. I meant "we" Christians tend to twist the Bible to mean what we want it to mean. In general, Christians do this; but, not all Christians do this. Again, I am sorry.
Amen, and don't give it another thought.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Victory, you truly TRULY need to be a little more selective about what sources you pull up when looking up a word or term, LoL.

Unless I intended on going to one of the worst possible sources on the planet regarding scripture, if I saw anything being published by genderqueerid.com, I'd look elsewhere, like immediately.

Btw, that reminds me: Anyone see the queer Hallmark Christmas movie? The advertisements for it kinda made my stomach turn. I am NOT ready for a genderqueer Christmas, if that's the direction things are going.
Reread your very last sentence . Then let me add this , the moment we ever find ourselves ready for that kind of blasphemy
that simply means we fell away . And we gonna see much worse a coming .
In case folks dont realize , the reason even the elites supported and support the gay transgender movment , is not cause
they love them , ITS cause they know what the end result will cause . A society that flat out hates and rejects biblical truth .
And a society that embraces liquid truth , which aint truth . A society that hopes not in GOD , IS a society
that hopes in govt mighty . THEY SIMPLY want us to heed and follow THEM as though they the gods.
This all inclusive stuff was never about love , it was sold as love , but in truth
Its all about ridding the earth of any truth . causing minds to shift FROM biblical truth , UNTO hope in man and humanity and its so called truth .
IT was never about tolerance . IT was about getting minds to turn against the truth .
I mean , HOW INCLUSIVE and TOLERANT are they , against those who agree not with them . YET THEY THINK they the ones so full of love .
ITS easy to see where this is and where its heading .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Q: Is Google male or female?
A: Female, because it doesn't let you finish a sentence before making a suggestion.
I have an answer is B .
ITS liberal , cause not only will it not let you finish a sentence before making a suggestion , It shuts ya down if ya dont go with that flow .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(man) is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man. 9Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 1 Corinthians 11:7-9

Woman is the glory of man, because she comes from man.
Woman was created for man.

These are not very popular ideas these days. Do they bother you?
The egg came first bro!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Mark 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: [28] Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
The twin institutions of Eden. [1] Marriage, [2] Sabbath, as the [1] is already under assault in the government (a counterfeit marriage, homosexuality, LGBTPQRSTUV ...), so too will [2] soon follow a child of the Papacy, a NSL (National Sunday Law, a counterfeit sabbath). It is written ...

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The twin institutions of Eden. [1] Marriage, [2] Sabbath, as the [1] is already under assault in the government (a counterfeit marriage, homosexuality, LGBTPQRSTUV ...), so too will [2] soon follow a child of the Papacy, a NSL (National Sunday Law, a counterfeit sabbath). It is written ...
Notice:

1Co 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:​

For Jesus is "Lord" over her. For the church is "for the Lord", His body:

1Co_6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.​

Therefore, a virtuous woman (as a church) is a “Sabbath” woman. Proverbs 31:10; Revelation 12 & 14. A "made" (maid) to "order" Bride of Christ.

Reactions: WaterSong

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice:

1Co 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:​

For Jesus is "Lord" over her.

Therefore, a virtuous woman (as a church) is a “Sabbath” woman. Proverbs 31:10; Revelation 12 & 14. A "made" (maid) to "order" Bride of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Mark 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: [28] Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath

They sound similar:
...the woman created for the man.
...The sabbath made for man.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(man) is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man. 9Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 1 Corinthians 11:7-9

Woman is the glory of man, because she comes from man.
Woman was created for man.

These are not very popular ideas these days. Do they bother you?
No. Paul was entitled to his personal opinion. It's interesting though how Paul also said men should abstain from relations with women. 1 Corinthians 7.
Odd if woman was created for man, as he said, that man should then, per Paul's advice, have nothing to do with a woman if at all possible.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you ever reminded of this widow?

"And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day." Luke 2:36-37

She became a widow 7 years after she married. When her husband died she then lived on serving God in apparent/probable celibacy for another 84 years as of the time Jesus was brought to the temple. That would make her 91 years old plus [the plus would be whatever she was at the time of marriage] when Jesus was born.

Hi Amadeus!
Yes, I do recall this story and, sure wish I could say that I: "departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day."
But, I do not fast and pray day and night. Don't think I could if I tried but, sure would love to do that and live my life that way for God. :oops:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeus!
Yes, I do recall this story and, sure wish I could say that I: "departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day."
But, I do not fast and pray day and night. Don't think I could if I tried but, sure would love to do that and live my life that way for God. :oops:
Consider that it is as an impossible goal like the exemplary life of Jesus himself. We don't do it by our efforts alone, but our efforts are also required. Our efforts and then God takes up the slack. Then again, perhaps that widow lady's life was not so exemplary when she was young, but with time and working with God she grew into it. For you I am not suggesting anything more than to trust God as you already do. We all need to do that more and more all the time while each of us has time.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider that it is as an impossible goal like the exemplary life of Jesus himself. We don't do it by our efforts alone, but our efforts are also required. Our efforts and then God takes up the slack. Then again, perhaps that widow lady's life was not so exemplary when she was young, but with time and working with God she grew into it. For you I am not suggesting anything more than to trust God as you already do. We all need to do that more and more all the time while each of us has time.

Give God the glory!

Oh John, I LOVE impossible goals because when He blesses them, whoa do they ever come through! And yeah, maybe the widows life was not exemplary when she became a young widow.
Trusting Him is all I have in this world and funny thing? I lack nothing, nothing! :) He is soooo faithful. He is so mind blowing and generous and loving and..and..and. He is EVERYTHING...all in all self sufficient and needs not a thing from us just that we love Him back...how hard is that...not!
Amen and, phew, glad I don't have to be fasting and praying 24, 7. 365 because I'd fail big time. Although, prayers are constantly in the forefront of my mind and gratitude as well is always there. So, who knows? Perhaps God grooms some for such a thing :)
His Blessings abundant brother!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh John, I LOVE impossible goals because when He blesses them, whoa do they ever come through! And yeah, maybe the widows life was not exemplary when she became a young widow.
Trusting Him is all I have in this world and funny thing? I lack nothing, nothing! :) He is soooo faithful. He is so mind blowing and generous and loving and..and..and. He is EVERYTHING...all in all self sufficient and needs not a thing from us just that we love Him back...how hard is that...not!
Amen and, phew, glad I don't have to be fasting and praying 24, 7. 365 because I'd fail big time. Although, prayers are constantly in the forefront of my mind and gratitude as well is always there. So, who knows? Perhaps God grooms some for such a thing :)
His Blessings abundant brother!
Give God the glory dear Sister! He is always worthy!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting though how Paul also said men should abstain from relations with women. 1 Corinthians 7.
He said it is good not to touch a woman. He did not prohibit it (he condemned such a teaching in 1 Timothy 4:3). But if you can't be disciplined in singleness, or you don't want to be single you're good too. For he recognizes that not needing to engage in a marital relationship is a gift and that not everyone has that gift. He even said it's better to get married if you're burning with desire and you can't control yourself.

It's good to be unmarried if you can do that.
It's better for you to get married if you can't control yourself.