Does a Christian sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then I will give you one more shot and I will try to make my sords simple to understand.

Do you believe because you are in Christ and cannot sin, you no longer commit sin at any time?

I don't mean any disrespect. I would not even write you if I did not respect you. But I feel you're asking a stupid question. The Bible says I cannot sin. And then you ask me if I no longer sin. This is where I think you cannot hear me and so you say I'm not answering you.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me talk to your spouse for five minutes.....we’ll soon see how “ sinless” you are.....lol.....

If Believers do not sin, why does God say that he “ Chastises” His sons and all of those that He loves?
Does he Chastise those who do “not” commit sins?

God says that if we sin we are to go BOLDLY to His “ Throne Of Grace”....... why have that Throne if their is no need for it?

The Bible says that Jesus “ Lives” to be our Advocate ......kinda like our Heavenly Defense Attorney....Who needs an Advocate if they have somehow managed to “ live above sin?”

I can take the Bible and “ prove “ that we will continue to sin as Believers and I can take the Same Bible and “ prove” that you will never sin again now that you are Born Again.....

So what are we left to do?

How about using our God- Given brain and seeing and admitting that if we just look at reality, it’s obvious that if we are not sinning in deed, we are at least sinning in thought......we all at times and in times of weakness or foolishness , have secrets thoughts that would shame hell ......

Personally, when I sin , I do the same thing with it that God does —- I put it on the Cross! Then I thank Him for His Grace.....then I get on with my life and try to take any Chastisement due me like a man....The Chastisement is there to help me grow.....even though it is not pleasant .....our children do not always understand it when we punish them and they sure as heck don’t like it....but we all know that any Chastisement is for their own good....God is our “ Heavenly” Father and He deals with Bis Foolish and weak and errant Children in that same manner—— the Important thing is to make Certain that you are a “ Child” Of His.....do that by Resting in His Gospel Of Grace ( 1Cor15:1-4) .......

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you “ walk in the Spirit” 24/7 , and NEVER “ STUMBLE”—- something that even James admitted that Believers Do on occasion ?

Have you managed to conquer sins that “ so easily beset us?”

Please just try to answer those questions honestly.....don’t quote Scripture —- I will be familiar with any verses that you throw out there...thanking you in advance....

Reactions: mailmandan

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you “ walk in the Spirit” 24/7 , and NEVER “ STUMBLE”—- something that even James admitted that Believers Do on occasion ?

Have you managed to conquer sins that “ so easily beset us?”

Please just try to answer those questions honestly.....don’t quote Scripture —- I will be familiar with any verses that you throw out there...thanking you in advance....

I think the reason why so many of you if not all of you have such a hard time believing me on this sin subject is because we seem to have two completely different ideas on how we look at sin. The Bible says the Christian does not sin. And whatever sin is may mean we are no longer dirty because God made us clean when He sanctified us in Christ Jesus. I think what you are hearing is that sin means that one is perfect.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean any disrespect. I would not even write you if I did not respect you. But I feel you're asking a stupid question. The Bible says I cannot sin. And then you ask me if I no longer sin. This is where I think you cannot hear me and so you say I'm not answering you.

I am done with you. YOu are coy, evasive and rude! bye! YOu know what you were asked, you know what it means and the simple answers were yes or not. But instead you want to play word games anbd avoid a straight yes or no answer. That is a sign of lack of character and integrity.

I am in christ and do I still sin? Absolutely! when I am not walking in christ but in the flesh , I can do nothing but sin.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am done with you. YOu are coy, evasive and rude! bye! YOu know what you were asked, you know what it means and the simple answers were yes or not. But instead you want to play word games anbd avoid a straight yes or no answer. That is a sign of lack of character and integrity.

I am in christ and do I still sin? Absolutely! when I am not walking in christ but in the flesh , I can do nothing but sin.

The Greek word "hamartano" is used for the word "sin." Translated into English as "sin" which means to miss, failure, aberration from prescribed law or duty. Thus, considered not as an action, [as the Catholics taught us, who are the ones who defined the definition for us 1600 years ago] but as the quality of action, the evil principle from the actual transgression. If a canal by which water flows down to a place is considered pure. And then an influence comes into the water that has the idea of muddying the water. Then it's the defiling influence, the disturbance that has flowed upon the creation of God. There is no mud in what God created in Christ Jesus that was placed inside of our new nature. None. Thus, it's impossible for me to bring this mud forward when I'm in Christ.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is how you talk to me and yet you say I'm the bad guy...

You are coy, evasive and rude! You want to play word games. That is a sign of lack of character and integrity.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word "hamartano" is used for the word "sin." Translated into English as "sin" which means to miss, failure, aberration from prescribed law or duty. Thus, considered not as an action, [as the Catholics taught us, who are the ones who defined the definition for us 1600 years ago] but as the quality of action, the evil principle from the actual transgression. If a canal by which water flows down to a place is considered pure. And then an influence comes into the water that has the idea of muddying the water. Then it's the defiling influence, the disturbance that has flowed upon the creation of God. There is no mud in what God created in Christ Jesus that was placed inside of our new nature. None. Thus, it's impossible for me to bring this mud forward when I'm in Christ.
And when you are not in Christ, but the flesh?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how you talk to me and yet you say I'm the bad guy...

You are coy, evasive and rude! You want to play word games. That is a sign of lack of character and integrity.

Yes you are. You asre asked a simple question that just requires yes or no, but you come up with these sord salad answers that do not answer the question.

Either you are dishonest or you woefull are lacking in understanding basic grammar and vocabulary. A second grader would know what I was asking and could answer yes or no. You are just hiding.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you are. You asre asked a simple question that just requires yes or no, but you come up with these sord salad answers that do not answer the question.

Either you are dishonest or you woefull are lacking in understanding basic grammar and vocabulary. A second grader would know what I was asking and could answer yes or no. You are just hiding.

Just because you do not understand my answers does not mean I'm playing games and not answering you. It just means you do not understand. I walk in the spirit and the spirit has no sin. You walk in your flesh and sin in it. This does not make me rude because you cannot understand that the spirit does not sin and that spirit is in me.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you are a Christian you want above all to honor God and live a life that is pleasing to God, both for gratitude to God; and out of the understanding that God's word is beneficial to yourself in the here and now.

God will often test you, and it won't always be obvious in the moment but it will be in hindsight. You want to pass these tests, because God's blessings come to those who please Him. If you fail, then you also give praise to God for showing you the errors in your heart so you can repent and correct yourself.

The ancient pagans had a belief that their god wandered the world in the form of a beggar, and gave blessings to those who showed him charity. I believe that every beggar is God in disguise.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you do not understand my answers does not mean I'm playing games and not answering you. It just means you do not understand. I walk in the spirit and the spirit has no sin. You walk in your flesh and sin in it. This does not make me rude because you cannot understand that the spirit does not sin and that spirit is in me.
So you never walk in the flesh ? EVER?

And now you have borne false witness against a brother. I at times walk in the flesh, but I walk in the Spirit.

But yes or no- do you ever walk in the flesh? Just yes or no. No more coyness.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you never sin anymore? Yes or no? anything else comes from evil. Just a yes or no!

The spirit in me which is my new born again spirit from Christ does not sin. That's the new man that we are to put on and I put it on. You do not understand...

The Old Man
The New Man

So you are trying to get me to talk about the old man and I'm not in that old man but in the new. So you say I'm not answering. You have ears but cannot hear.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit in me which is my new born again spirit from Christ does not sin. That's the new man that we are to put on and I put it on. You do not understand...

The Old Man
The New Man

So you are trying to get me to talk about the old man and I'm not in that old man but in the new. So you say I'm not answering. You have ears but cannot hear.

So you never sin anymore? Yes or no? anything else comes from evil. Just a yes or no!

I have answered your question many times. Perhaps you cannot understand the things of the spirit. The verse in 2 Corinthians 5:21, is talking about the "righteousness of God in him." It's the "in him" that nobody seems to be able to understand. This whole thing functions "in him." It's in Christ and therefore in the new nature that is mentioned just a few verses above this in verse 17 where it says "new creature:" It's not that we do not sin in our old man nature. It's that we do not sin in the new man that we are told to put on. The churches have destroyed this idea by teaching we put on the new man by following the teachings of Jesus as we walk in our flesh. So this is a lost art.

In the book of Colossians, we read "putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:" We did not put it off. It was the circumcision of Christ. Two verses later we read "together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;..." Again, it's "in him" or "with him." I also want to get the book of Hebrews in here where we see Christ offered himself once "for this he did once" and not like the high priest who offered up the sacrifice daily. The Lord Christ "after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;..."

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Old Man
The New Man

Yes or no

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have answered your question many times. Perhaps you cannot understand the things of the spirit. The verse in 2 Corinthians 5:21, is talking about the "righteousness of God in him." It's the "in him" that nobody seems to be able to understand. This whole thing functions "in him." It's in Christ and therefore in the new nature that is mentioned just a few verses above this in verse 17 where it says "new creature:" It's not that we do not sin in our old man nature. It's that we do not sin in the new man that we are told to put on. The churches have destroyed this idea by teaching we put on the new man by following the teachings of Jesus as we walk in our flesh. So this is a lost art.

In the book of Colossians, we read "putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:" We did not put it off. It was the circumcision of Christ. Two verses later we read "together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;..." Again, it's "in him" or "with him." I also want to get the book of Hebrews in here where we see Christ offered himself once "for this he did once" and not like the high priest who offered up the sacrifice daily. The Lord Christ "after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;..."
You are dishonest. Yes or no. Do you sin anymore? Yes or no! no other verbage. Yes or no! Can you understand that????????????????????

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are dishonest. Yes or no. Do you sin anymore? Yes or no! no other verbage. Yes or no! Can you understand that??????????????

My new man does not sin and I'm in the new man all the time. Can you understand that?