Does God Create Evil or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already provided Scriptural reference.

ISAIAH 45: 7
I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and CREATE EVIL:
I the LORD do all these things.

I could care less if YOU use a different Bible;
I could care less WHAT YOUR explanation is of Gods Word.

Your blathering off calling people dishonest;
Implying what you say in your blathering is what other people have said when they didn't;
Purporting you are THEE teacher;
And on and on...

I have ZERO interst in ANYTHING YOU have to say and find your tactics daunting.

• MUTE
Your angry little rant aside - God is NOT the Author of evil - no matter how much YOU want Him to be.
Your claim is outright heresy.

As I have repeatedly stated - you understand neither the contextual nor the linguistic implications of this verse.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your angry little rant aside - God is NOT the Author of evil - no matter how much YOU want Him to be.
Your claim is outright heresy.

As I have repeatedly stated - you understand neither the contextual nor the linguistic implications of this verse.

• YOU ARE ON MUTE!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God Create EVIL ---OP

YES!

God created good also.
God created apples also.
God created animals also.

God is called Thee Creator, because He Created all things.

And mankind can choose via his own freewill WHAT of Gods creations A MAN chooses to consume and fill himself with.

Not rocket science or a confusing concept.

But yet the fact that God created EVIL is so horrifying to some, they attempt to divert to philosophical nonsense while FULL well knowing God is Thee creator of all things, but pretending their diversion is not rejecting the Word of God, when it is.

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why?:eek:
What is the reason?
Did He do this just so we would have a choice?
Or did He do this because His glory shines brighter against the backdrop of darkness?

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Gen 1:31

"If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Psalm 139:11-12

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ByGrace

I would say choice (the freewill aspect) has a lot to do with Why.

Just saying, I think, the Extreme of the knowledge of Good and Evil are essential for a man to have the option of choice; to sway one way or the other, without the fluffy Kind of middle ground to pretend that is okay to settle with.

Scripture puts it as bluntly; and extreme;
One is either WITH God or WITHOUT God...
there is no middle ground of "kind of".

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you find me hypocritical, that's your opinion, and doesn't waver my understanding.
ah, i was speaking generally there, sorry, pls put "one" in the place of "you" there; i'm bad about that one.
if you insist that truth is deterministic but decline to state an absolute truth, then you are being a hypocrite imo
iow if i insist that truth is deterministic but decline to state an absolute truth, then i am being a hypocrite too

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Psalm 139:11-12
boy, this is a hard place to get to, huh?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, i was speaking generally there, sorry, pls put "one" in the place of "you" there; i'm bad about that one.

Gotcha. No problem, should of caught that, as at times speaking generally, I have done the same.

iow if i insist that truth is deterministic but decline to state an absolute truth, then i am being a hypocrite too

Deterministic hinges on a philosophical understanding.

Philosophical leanings IMO are theoretical thoughts, conjured up in the canal minds of men, then promoted as something to consider. IF enough men consider, perhaps even "adopt" as their belief, then we have a "NEW".."theory"...that is being accepted as TRUTH.

If the one "accepting", begins promoting it..
Oooh rah...this theoretical TRUTH, becomes, a TRUE FACT...and after generations...WHERE is the REAL TRUTH?

The Absolute TRUTH, always rests with the Lord.

Then there is the man...and "his heart", where his "TRUTH" is.

If a man is stuffing "his heart" with carnal mens physophical "truths"....or

If a man is receiving "into his heart" the Lords absolute TRUTH...

Either, shall become the mans "truth".

And bottom line - SUCH TWO men engaged in conversation, a debate of sorts; will NEVER agree. They WILL each stand with their own "truth". They will be divided.....which is precisely what Jesus said He came to do.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is Grace imo. i am perfectly ok with anyone else's sin

I would say, Grace, is what God finds in a man, who yeilds to Gods Word, even while the man IS sin....and
Grace is also a gift from God TO the man who yeilds, and is not deserving of forgiveness; but by Gods gift of Grace...a man can receive forgiveness from God.

As far as SIN, I would suspect you and I have a different understanding of what SIN IS.

Personally, I would like men to resolve their SIN against God.
Personally, I do not embrace men trespassing against me.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I would say, Grace, is what God finds in a man, who yeilds to Gods Word, even while the man IS sin....and
Grace is also a gift from God TO the man who yeilds, and is not deserving of forgiveness; but by Gods gift of Grace...a man can receive forgiveness from God.

As far as SIN, I would suspect you and I have a different understanding of what SIN IS.

Personally, I would like men to resolve their SIN against God.
Personally, I do not embrace men trespassing against me.

God Bless,
Taken
i did not say "embrace," but i did mean "forgive" and even "overlook," as God does for us

Reactions: Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
boy, this is a hard place to get to, huh?
Yes, but not so hard for God. He is simply there. We are stuck making choices and must really decide, His Way or some other way. Sometimes people get so involved in trying to figure out what God's Way is that they never really get there. Knowledge is not an evil thing, but it alone is not the way to God. We must travel His road, whether we like it or not. The alternative is not to go to Him at all.
The psalm I posted indicated that for God there is no difference between darkness and Light, but for you and me there is, or at least there will be until and if we get to a place where He alone is our Light:

"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof." Rev 21:23

Everything God made was very good, so if anything now is not very good, the presumption for me is that men made it so. How do get to there? How hard can it be? About as hard as we make it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God Create EVIL ---OP
YES!

God created good also.
God created apples also.
God created animals also.

God is called Thee Creator, because He Created all things.

And mankind can choose via his own freewill WHAT of Gods creations A MAN chooses to consume and fill himself with.

Not rocket science or a confusing concept.

But yet the fact that God created EVIL is so horrifying to some, they attempt to divert to philosophical nonsense while FULL well knowing God is Thee creator of all things, but pretending their diversion is not rejecting the Word of God, when it is.

God Bless,
Taken
Actually - this position is heresy.
God is not the author of evil - no matter how much YOU want Him to be . . ..

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not the author of evil - no matter how much YOU want Him to be . . ..

Your claim, Your words.

You disagree with yourself.

Funny, but boring, watching you make your own claims then disagree with yourself. :eek:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim, Your words.
You disagree with yourself.
Funny, but boring, watching you make your own claims then disagree with yourself.
I don't disagree with myself.
God cannot be the author of evil - and I agree with that statement.

I disagree with people like YOU who spread heresy . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disagree with myself.
God cannot be the author of evil - and I agree with that statement.

"the author of evil"

YOU are the only one who has said that repeatedly.

Then YOU repeatedly disagree with it!

You are quoting yourself... LOL.

WEIRD!