Does God Create Evil or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
then go with that BoL, i am not here to judge another man's servant ok, discuss this with Catholics, not Christians, you should not even be here imo wadr

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo, you believe that God created evil -

Yes - I believe what the LORD Himself says.

but that He is not the Author of evil??

Scripture mentions no such thing, nor do I make up such a thing, as if it has ANY valid consideration.

What an asinine position to take.

You seem to be oblivious to the Fact, I have ZERO consideration as to what you Think.

God created Life - and the Scriptures refer to Him as the "AUTHOR" of Life (Acts 3:15).
The creator IS the Author.

You also seem to Fail miserably knowing precisely WHAT God created and WHAT God authored.

I gave you some scripture speaking expressly of WHAT God Authored, but you were too busy flapping your forked tongue.

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
Definition of author
1: the writer of a literary work (such as a book)
  • a famous author
2a : one that originates or CREATES something : source
  • GOD

Originates "OR" creates.

(Instead of preaching AGAINST HIS WORD)
You should have learned;
ALL things are Created "BY GOD".

Now go Learn "WHAT" HE AUTHORED!!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - I believe what the LORD Himself says.
Scripture mentions no such thing, nor do I make up such a thing, as if it has ANY valid consideration.
You seem to be oblivious to the Fact, I have ZERO consideration as to what you Think.
You also seem to Fail miserably knowing precisely WHAT God created and WHAT God authored.
I gave you some scripture speaking expressly of WHAT God Authored, but you were too busy flapping your forked tongue.
Originates "OR" creates.
(Instead of preaching AGAINST HIS WORD)
You should have learned;
ALL things are Created "BY GOD".
Now go Learn "WHAT" HE AUTHORED!!
The text above in RED pretty much says it ALL.
God Created AND Originated life - therefore He is the AUTHOR of Life.

YOU are fumbling around with your bizarre definition by saying that He Created evil but is NOT the Author of it.
This is an ignorant contradiction in terms. The CREATOR of something is the AUTHOR of it - as Merriam-Webster's points out.

There is none so blind as the one who refuses to see . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then go with that BoL, i am not here to judge another man's servant ok, discuss this with Catholics, not Christians, you should not even be here imo wadr
Aside from the asinine claim that Catholics aren't Christians - your claim that ONLY Christians should be allowed here is the most stupid thing to come off of your keyboard.

Only an ignorant elitist would make such a claim about an OPEN online forum . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU claimed that God created evil.
NOT according to Scripture - so, PROVE it.

Whoops...your error.

God claimed He created Evil, and it is written in Scripture.
I agree with God and Scripture.

And you don't....that's on you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The text above in RED pretty much says it ALL.
God Created AND Originated life - therefore He is the AUTHOR of Life.

therefore

What al load of gobbledygook.

God IS LIFE....you think He "authored" Himself...lol

[QUOTE}YOU are fumbling around with your bizarre definition by saying that He Created evil [/QUOTE]

Now you bring up bizarre definition...lol
Duh making a statement is not defining;
God, Created or Evil....LOL

but is NOT the Author of it.

I didn't say that, you are simply trying once again, to speak FOR me.

I SAID, Scripture says WHAT HE AUTHORED.

This is an ignorant contradiction in terms.

The ignorance is YOU bringing up AUTHOR when CREATED was the topic.

The ignorance is YOU saying "therefore", as if YOU can supersede what Scripture actually SAYS.

The ignorance is YOU "NOT KNOWING" what Words mean in the context of Gods Word.

The CREATOR of something is the AUTHOR of it - as Merriam-Webster's points out.

Webster' points out A CREATOR is the originator and AN AUTHOR is the originator.

God IS BOTH the Creator and the Author...
And Scriptures SPECIFICALLY TEACHES PRECISELY WHAT GOD CREATED "AND" WHAT GOD AUTHORED!

YOU however do NOT bother to GO READ, and absolutely reveal you DO NOT comprehend ..
Even when shown Scripture YOU DENY IT...
And sorry dude...That is Precisely WHY you don't understand.

You obviously DO NOT Comprehend GOD reveals HIS UNDERSTANDING "TO THOSE" WHO trust to BELIEVE His WORD.

You have "repeatedly" ARGUED AGAINST His Word, and THOSE who have SHOWN you HIS WORD.

Too bad, you did not Learn, it is not me you are against, but rather God Himself!
(That lesson was taught early on in the book of Samuel)

That would be YOU. Blindness is precisely because you do not TRUST to believe His Word.
He will NOT OPEN YOUR EYES, until you STOP preaching AGAINST HIS WORD, and TRUST to Believe His OWN WORD.

Isa 45:7
...I...CREATE EVIL...I the LORD..

You should spend more time Learning and Accepting the Truth, instead of trying to teach your twisted version of "therefore"...

Your MO is nothing new, but is a Fail, on a seasoned saved person; and boring to boot.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU claimed that God created evil.
NOT according to Scripture - so, PROVE it.

LOL - Does it come naturally for you to ask for what you have been given?

I already have. Stop being obtuse, Go read it yourself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Aside from the asinine claim that Catholics aren't Christians - your claim that ONLY Christians should be allowed here is the most stupid thing to come off of your keyboard.

Only an ignorant elitist would make such a claim about an OPEN online forum . . .
well good point, but the differences should at least cause you to be seeking more where you agree than where you do not imo, otherwise it becomes apparent that you are here specifically to be abused and to abuse, BoL. This is obviously a personal battle for you, so i hope you are at least acknowledging that on some level ok, recognizing "i come to CB to pick fights, because ____" "that makes me feel _____" etc, and the understanding all of the implications.

obv there are several Catholics here who must share some of your beliefs, yet still manage to create meaningful dialogue, iow act more like a neighbor might be expected to, and less like what the Book specifically tells us not to do, ok BoL; and i stand by my assessment of moving boundary stones here. Which i guess you have not read yet :)
Have a blessed day

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL - Does it come naturally for you to ask for what you have been given?
I already have. Stop being obtuse, Go read it yourself.
Whoops...your error.

God claimed He created Evil, and it is written in Scripture.
I agree with God and Scripture.

And you don't....that's on you.
No He didn't - and you have YET to show this.
Just because the KJV says He did doesn't make it so.

As I schooled you several times already - the Hebrew word means "disaster" or "calamity", in context.
Context is NOT your friend . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well good point, but the differences should at least cause you to be seeking more where you agree than where you do not imo, otherwise it becomes apparent that you are here specifically to be abused and to abuse, BoL. This is obviously a personal battle for you, so i hope you are at least acknowledging that on some level ok, recognizing "i come to CB to pick fights, because ____" "that makes me feel _____" etc, and the understanding all of the implications.

obv there are several Catholics here who must share some of your beliefs, yet still manage to create meaningful dialogue, iow act more like a neighbor might be expected to, and less like what the Book specifically tells us not to do, ok BoL; and i stand by my assessment of moving boundary stones here. Which i guess you have not read yet
Have a blessed day
There are posters here with whom I have nothing BUT charitable and delightful exchanges because they don't make asinine comments or false and historically-bankrupt claims against the Church like YOU and Stranger and others on this forum.

As I have warned you MANY times - don't lie, don't make false claims - and I will leave you alone.
Unfortunately, lying is so ingrained in your indoctrination that you simply can't help it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What al load of gobbledygook.
God IS LIFE....you think He "authored" Himself...lol
Now you bring up bizarre definition...lol
Duh making a statement is not defining;
God, Created or Evil....LOL
I didn't say that, you are simply trying once again, to speak FOR me.
I SAID, Scripture says WHAT HE AUTHORED.

The ignorance is YOU bringing up AUTHOR when CREATED was the topic.
The ignorance is YOU saying "therefore", as if YOU can supersede what Scripture actually SAYS.
The ignorance is YOU "NOT KNOWING" what Words mean in the context of Gods Word.

Webster' points out A CREATOR is the originator and AN AUTHOR is the originator.

God IS BOTH the Creator and the Author...
And Scriptures SPECIFICALLY TEACHES PRECISELY WHAT GOD CREATED "AND" WHAT GOD AUTHORED!

YOU however do NOT bother to GO READ, and absolutely reveal you DO NOT comprehend ..
Even when shown Scripture YOU DENY IT...
And sorry dude...That is Precisely WHY you don't understand.
You obviously DO NOT Comprehend GOD reveals HIS UNDERSTANDING "TO THOSE" WHO trust to BELIEVE His WORD.
You have "repeatedly" ARGUED AGAINST His Word, and THOSE who have SHOWN you HIS WORD.

Too bad, you did not Learn, it is not me you are against, but rather God Himself!
(That lesson was taught early on in the book of Samuel)

That would be YOU. Blindness is precisely because you do not TRUST to believe His Word.
He will NOT OPEN YOUR EYES, until you STOP preaching AGAINST HIS WORD, and TRUST to Believe His OWN WORD.
...I...CREATE EVIL...I the LORD..

You should spend more time Learning and Accepting the Truth, instead of trying to teach your twisted version of "therefore"...

Your MO is nothing new, but is a Fail, on a seasoned saved person; and boring to boot.
There is nothing "seasoned" about you - other than the fact that you are a a seasoned ignorant person.
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light and I create the darkness, I make well-being, and I create DISASTER, I, Yahweh, do all these things.

You simply don't have a clue about the linguistic and contextual implications of this verse, so you find yourself twisting the Scriptures to your own destruction . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He didn't - and you have YET to show this.
Just because the KJV says He did doesn't make it so.

LOL -
Perhaps I referenced
American Standard
Doubt-Rheims
Darby
Webster'

As I schooled you several times already - the Hebrew word means "disaster" or "calamity", in context.

As I taught you on more that one occasion;
God is the creator of all things.

If you require a version of Scripture that describes evil as disaster and calamity and want to attribute that to the Lord, because you are without understanding and are scared to speak the truth....no problem...you are not alone. You have it your way.
Stiffnecked.
I trust the Lords Way.
God created ALL things.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just because the KJV says He did, doesn't make it so.

Amen.
As much as I love the poetry and flow of the KJV and it's the one I always read...I agree...many words are incorrect. When I find the correct words I change them in the margin. :)

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.
As much as I love the poetry and flow of the KJV and it's the one I always read...I agree...many words are incorrect. When I find the correct words I change them in the margin. :)

If you happen to have a copy of the Latin Vulgate, year 405, by Eusebius Hieronynus, directly from the Hebrew Tanaka to Latin, it also says the word EVIL, that you might find incorrect and need to change.

Formans Lucem el creans tenbras teciens pacem et creans malum (evil) ego Dominus faciens omnia haec

God Bless.
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL -
Perhaps I referenced
American Standard
Doubt-Rheims
Darby
Webster'

As I taught you on more that one occasion;
God is the creator of all things.

If you require a version of Scripture that describes evil as disaster and calamity and want to attribute that to the Lord, because you are without understanding and are scared to speak the truth....no problem...you are not alone. You have it your way.
Stiffnecked.
I trust the Lords Way.
God created ALL things.
Your linguistic ignorance aside - you have completely FAILED to address the contextual reality of this verse.
I form the light and I create the darkness, I make well-being, and I create DISASTER, I, Yahweh, do all these things.

I'll make this easy enough for a 1st grader to understand . . .
He creates light. The opposite of light is darkness, which He also created.

According to the American Standard Version, He created "well-being".
According to the Douhay-Rheims version, He created "peace".
According to the Darby version, He created "peace".
According to the Webster version, He created "peace".

"Well-being" is NOT the opposite of "Evil". "Peace" is NOT the opposite of "Evil."
Disaster, calamity
and adversity are ALL opposites of "Well-being" and "Peace".
"Good"
is the opposite of "Evil".

As somebody here pointed out earlier - evil is the absence of God.
God cannot be absent of Himself so He could NOT be the creator of evil.

Got it now, sparky??

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your linguistic ignorance aside - you have completely FAILED to address the contextual reality of this verse.

I'll make this easy enough for a 1st grader to understand . . .
He creates light. The opposite of light is darkness, which He also created.

According to the American Standard Version, He created "well-being".
According to the Douhay-Rheims version, He created "peace".
According to the Darby version, He created "peace".
According to the Webster version, He created "peace".

"Well-being" is NOT the opposite of "Evil". "Peace" is NOT the opposite of "Evil."
Disaster, calamity
and adversity are ALL opposites of "Well-being" and "Peace".
"Good"
is the opposite of "Evil".

As somebody here pointed out earlier - evil is the absence of God.
God cannot be absent of Himself so He could NOT be the creator of evil.

Got it now, sparky??

I got it a long time ago.

You think, know, understand and embrace according to the World.

You are without Spiritual understanding.

And that is precisely our difference, and Why dealing with your ignorance, tactics, and handicap is a waste of my time.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got it a long time ago.
You think, know, understand and embrace according to the World.
You are without Spiritual understanding.

And that is precisely our difference, and Why dealing with your ignorance, tactics, and handicap is a waste of my time.
No, you didn't - and you're STILL not getting it.

Soooooo, in other words you don't have a logical response?
You actually believe that "evil" is the opposite of "peace"??

This is NOT a reasoned response - and the Bible is a reasonable document.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you didn't - and you're STILL not getting it.

Soooooo, in other words you don't have a logical response?

LOL, While it is sad, it is also amusing.
I speak of the Truth of God, spiritual understanding....and you want to talk about Logic.

Thank you for once again impressing how you gravitate toward Worldly understanding and not Spiritual understanding.

You actually believe that "evil" is the opposite of "peace"??

I said no such thing.

But seems you do since those words ACTUALLY came our of your mouth.

This is NOT a reasoned response - and the Bible is a reasonable document.

You might try actually reading it.

Your psychobabble about logic and nonsense is moot. Already told you, understanding Gods Word is according to Gods understanding, not men, not logic, not twisting His Word, not philosophies of men, not making up nonsense, not thinking you have won some imaginary contest.

2 Tim 2:7
THE LORD GIVE THEE UNDERSTANDING ...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, While it is sad, it is also amusing.
I speak of the Truth of God, spiritual understanding....and you want to talk about Logic.

Thank you for once again impressing how you gravitate toward Worldly understanding and not Spiritual understanding.
I said no such thing.
But seems you do since those words ACTUALLY came our of your mouth.
You might try actually reading it.
Your psychobabble about logic and nonsense is moot. Already told you, understanding Gods Word is according to Gods understanding, not men, not logic, not twisting His Word, not philosophies of men, not making up nonsense, not thinking you have won some imaginary contest.

2 Tim 2:7
....THE LORD GIVE THEE UNDERSTANDING ...
An apparently, He hasn't given YOU any yet . . .

Your position all along is that God creates evil - and I've proven you wrong both linguistically and contextually.
In other words, my Scripturally-bankrupt friend - the evidence against your position is right there in the verse but you just don't get it.