Does God have a plan for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to go to Mormon church where they always said God has a plan for us and would explain it as the Mormon beliefs. I've had Catholic revelations I think now and think I am non-denominational for the moment as I don't believe all the Catholic teachings either.

But sometimes I wonder if God has a plan for me. I am mentally disabled and not a functioning person in the world. I think people that have jobs and families would say that is Gods plan for them and to bring them to God. I lost my family (wife and kids) because of my mental disability, but I still have my family I was born into.

Now I serve my family as best as I can and have been for some time. I feel the Holy Spirit when I do that.

Lately I've been feeling a little lost and like God doesn't have a plan for me. So I'm asking people to share the Plan God has for them.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I used to go to Mormon church where they always said God has a plan for us and would explain it as the Mormon beliefs. I've had Catholic revelations I think now and think I am non-denominational for the moment as I don't believe all the Catholic teachings either.

But sometimes I wonder if God has a plan for me. I am mentally disabled and not a functioning person in the world. I think people that have jobs and families would say that is Gods plan for them and to bring them to God. I lost my family (wife and kids) because of my mental disability, but I still have my family I was born into.

Now I serve my family as best as I can and have been for some time. I feel the Holy Spirit when I do that.

Lately I've been feeling a little lost and like God doesn't have a plan for me. So I'm asking people to share the Plan God has for them.
When I look back on my life, even before I became a Christian, can you see Gods hand steering me into events I wouldn't have dreamed of. How he prepared me for this part of my life and how I ended up doing this or that. I do believe that God has plan for us but we may often not recognise it until we are able look back.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I look back on my life, even before I became a Christian, can you see Gods hand steering me into events I wouldn't have dreamed of. How he prepared me for this part of my life and how I ended up doing this or that. I do believe that God has plan for us but we may often not recognise it until we are able look back.
I remember being a father and husband and I believe that was God's plan for me. That even though I am mentally ill I got to know what that is like. Even if I didn't get to hang onto it.

As my family elders began to approach the end he brought me to them and I got to be part of their lives near the end. That has happened a few times in my life. To bring them company and comfort in family.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good. Who's Pastor Chuck Smith?
He was the first Calvary Chapel pastor.

In 1965 Pastor Chuck Smith began his ministry at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. Only 25 people had attended. What began as a small chapel grew into a church that seats over 2000 and is filled almost nightly. From the beginning, Pastor Chuck welcomed all—young and old—without judgement, placing his emphasis on the teaching of the Word of God.

God graciously used Pastor Chuck to reach a generation of hippies and surfers; generating a movement of the Holy Spirit that spread from the west coast to the east, bringing thousands of young people to Jesus Christ. Pastor Chuck extended his teaching nationally through The Word for Today radio program, as well as internationally over the Internet at CalvaryChapel.com.

Pastor Chuck went home to be with the Lord on October 3, 2013. Yet, the work that the Holy Spirit started with Pastor Chuck did not end that day; but, continues forth in this generation and the next as people continue to seek Christ, teach His Word and avail themselves to the direction and leading of the Holy Spirit.
Calvary Chapel | Pastor Chuck Smith

iu

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember being a father and husband and I believe that was God's plan for me. That even though I am mentally ill I got to know what that is like. Even if I didn't get to hang onto it.

As my family elders began to approach the end he brought me to them and I got to be part of their lives near the end. That has happened a few times in my life. To bring them company and comfort in family.
I think God is very subtle and we don't see the big picture in this life but perhaps we will in heaven, and there will be all sort os ways God has used us that we didn't know about.

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God is very subtle and we don't see the big picture in this life but perhaps we will in heaven, and there will be all sort os ways God has used us that we didn't know about.
You got that right. Something I've known that even if you don't think you're affecting people in Christian life you are.

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

God's plan's Devin, are screaming in scripture. Our dull hearing and lack of perception has everything to do with our inability to hear that scream.
What we can do is ask God to open our ears and our eyes.

If I have learned anything it is that God is not 'religious'

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put this thread in the fellowship area and I forgot that. I don't want to make this thread a debate. But would love to hear from people what you've learned about God's plan for you in this life and the next.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that spirit I can add what I learned about God's plan for me here on earth. And that has been to be with family and to help the homeless a little. I've learned that God blesses us when we feed, cloth and house the homeless, and even give drink to the thirsty. We get peace and love and such from the Lord (Galatians 5:22-23).

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, He does have a plan for you Devin!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
:) We might not know what they are, but we trust Him with all our faith, resting in His provisions, protections, etc.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YES, He does have a plan for you Devin!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
:) We might not know what they are, but we trust Him with all our faith, resting in His provisions, protections, etc.
It has been revealed what his plans are. The problem is our shortsightedness.....not seeing past our nose.....and justifying it!
....and even if our nose was rubbed in it, would we see it?.....apparently very few.

Where the Jews any different in Jesus day?..... here the Messiah walked amongst them right under their nose and they were asking, when will God honour his promise of a Messiah?

Wrong expectations, wrong questions, wrong responses!....all equal, blindness!

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Preach the gospel at all times; Use words if necessary".
I think we can also show the gospel in our works, like Christ taught, feeding, clothing and housing the homeless and needy, visiting the sick etc. They can learn thru example too.

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think we can also show the gospel in our works, like Christ taught, feeding, clothing and housing the homeless and needy, visiting the sick etc. They can learn thru example too.
Non believers and secular folk will, can and do do all these things. How do they reveal the Gospel?....or has the popular Gospel morphed into something common?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I have learned anything it is that God is not 'religious'
Amen, religiosity and piousness are not what God requires.

When the music fades
All is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart

[Pre-Chorus]
I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

[Chorus]
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus

[Verse 2]
King of endless worth
No one could express
How much you deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non believers and secular folk will, can and do do all these things. How do they reveal the Gospel?....or has the popular Gospel morphed into something common?
Teach the non religious to do God's works too. If they don't want to confess Jesus then so be it. But it is what God would want don't you think?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So I'm asking people to share the Plan God has for them.

God's plan is that everyone will come and join His heavenly Family.
The Cross of Christ is the only way there.
John 14:6

Christians tend to think of "i need to be able to give an answer to the question..= what are you doing with your life".
See that?
And most Christians are trying to find "God's will", as some type of ministry work.
And its good to find a way to serve....no matter what that happens to become.
Just keep your eyes open for a way to be of service to someone.. Be a help, and you are doing God's will.

Thing is mostly....>"without faith its impossible to please God", so, this is : Job # 1.
= Getting your faith right, so that you exist in real faith in Christ, vs, trying to make yourself right, or trying to make yourself right with God.
In both cases, you can't.
Reader, only God can make you acceptable to Himself, through the Cross of Christ...So, live there, in God's Grace, as that is Real Faith in Christ.

The secret of the mystical place, that is the the high tower, which is to dwell in the secret place of the Almighty, is simply to never let anything be more important to you than loving God with all your heart.

2 Chronicles 16, says that the eyes of the Lord God are always searching for that perfect heart. Not a perfect person.... But a perfect Heart.
The perfect Heart is a surrendered life.

Did you ever wonder why we are to "lift up Holy Hands"....when we praise God in Church, or alone?

Well, to "Put your hands up" is symbolic of submission...."i give up"...."i give"......"i am yours Lord".

So, reader.... if you want God perfect's will, the get your faith right and keep your heart right., and you are always in God's perfect will.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344