• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is your belief system.

No, that is the NT denying Calvinism.

God is not a Calvinist.
Jesus is not a Calvinist
The Apostle Paul is not a Calvinist.

God makes : Christians

Calvin makes : Calvinists who feel a compulsion to tell everyone.

I was chosen and predestined to be Born Again by God the Living Holy Spirit gave birth to my spirit.Born Of The Spirit.

You were born again by the Holy Spirit, once you Gave God YOUR Faith, as God does not need His.....Just Yours.

God's Foreknowledge KNEW you would become a Christian, but He didn't predestined you to be born again.
But He certainly Fore-Knew you would become a Believer.

It will NEVER and it’s becoming rather tiresome..

Is it as tiresome as you only coming to the forum to try to teach Calvin's lies?
You'll do the same thing Tomorrow.
So, Why dont you find another TRACK, and you are stuck on that one, for a while now.....very tiresome behavior.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God "know" everything?

A.) Yes

This is the "fore-Knowledge" of God... or... God knowing be-fore it happened, what will happen, next.
The Bible tells us God is All-Seeing. Many believe Him to be Omniscient, but the Bible doesn't explicitly say that's the case.

Being All-Seeing, He has seen all the PAST, and sees all the PRESENT. Where God interacts with the FUTURE, it's a bit more complicated.

He certainly tells the prophets the future in some places. But it isn't always 100% clear whether this is Predictive or Causative. Does prophecy come true because God knew what would happen, or because God made it happen?

Modern minds tend towards the former view, but the ancient writer seems to favor the latter. Most prophecy is couched in terms of THIS-IS-WHAT-I'M-GOING-TO-DO!

Does God cause everything to happen, that happens?

A.) NO
That's not clear-cut either. If God is the original Mover and Creator, then in some sense He is responsible for everything that happens. He's the One who set up the rules that we all live under.

Men can choose actions that affect the creation, but ultimately we're playing in a sandbox that God created. If we're Steve in Minecraft, then God is Notch (the fellow who created Minecraft). Like Minecraft-Steve, we have the ability to build or destroy... but only to the extent that God envisioned for it to be possible.

Perhaps an example. In Minecraft, I create chicken-spawning devices near my friends' virtual homes, causing them to be overrun with poultry. Is the game-designer responsible for this atrocity? No, I'm to blame. The developer only created a virtual world where the elements exist that can be combined to create this great evil. The same goes for man and God.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, don't do that. I clearly stated that man is responsible for his sins. But there was no other way to learn what good was. He put the Tree Of Knowledge if Good AND EVIL. AND HE ALLOWED SATAN IN THERE TOO. He knew they would sin, but there really was no other way for man to understand and appreciate what love, kindness, goodness, faith, hope, forgiveness, mercy, patience, etc. meant.
I pointed to Romans 1, that states man is Without excuse, ther we fore responsible. God did not cause them to sin.
Elohim said, Behold, man have become like us, knowing good and evil. Gen. 3:22
God predestined man to be saved and conformed into Christlike beings.

Service in any capacity is predestined.

You said, "He has the right to use the Jews to bring salvation to the world without saving any Jew."
In tha passage He said, He has the right to make a person for His purpose: for honor or dishonor. And that is what we have seen in history.
But as I noted, a conversation with an Amillennial will not be resolved. You have been taught differently. Your eschatological views are skewed, grasping far out symbolism stretched to one's imagination. So I choose to end this conversation. Thank you.
That is fine with me. All of you "Left Behind" types are more than a little tedious in your nescience.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible tells us God is All-Seeing. Many believe Him to be Omniscient, but the Bible doesn't explicitly say that's the case.

Being All-Seeing, He has seen all the PAST, and sees all the PRESENT. Where God interacts with the FUTURE, it's a bit more complicated.

He certainly tells the prophets the future in some places. But it isn't always 100% clear whether this is Predictive or Causative. Does prophecy come true because God knew what would happen, or because God made it happen?

Modern minds tend towards the former view, but the ancient writer seems to favor the latter. Most prophecy is couched in terms of THIS-IS-WHAT-I'M-GOING-TO-DO!

That's not clear-cut either. If God is the original Mover and Creator, then in some sense He is responsible for everything that happens. He's the One who set up the rules that we all live under.

Men can choose actions that affect the creation, but ultimately we're playing in a sandbox that God created. If we're Steve in Minecraft, then God is Notch (the fellow who created Minecraft). Like Minecraft-Steve, we have the ability to build or destroy... but only to the extent that God envisioned for it to be possible.

Perhaps an example. In Minecraft, I create chicken-spawning devices near my friends' virtual homes, causing them to be overrun with poultry. Is the game-designer responsible for this atrocity? No, I'm to blame. The developer only created a virtual world where the elements exist that can be combined to create this great evil. The same goes for man and God.
If prophecy comes true because God forced it to come true. we have serious problems with God (If we do not we should)

God is outside of time, he knows the future because he has seen it as if it has already happened..

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this would not be saying they are cut off (lost salvation) He is saying according to the gsospel they espouse. they may fail to become saved. Bug difference

Anyone who teaches a different gospel is to be accursed,.

I am still up in the air if calvinists teach a different gospel or not
The gospel is summarized in 1 Cor. 15:1-6
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living,
though some have fallen asleep.

You would be hard pressed to find a Calvinist who didn't believe and spread this gospel.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is you doctrine that you believe

"ALL who call on the Name of Jesus, shall be saved".

Not, all who are pre-Chosen by lying Calvin's Doctrine....as Calvinist's (Tulip) teach.

it was given, from the beginning)—for the original signifies

Im not certain what you just posted .

So, what is the "original"?

Philippians 1:29​

29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him

"and you shall have Tribulation in This world"...

Yes. (Jesus said so).

29 There's far more to this life than trusting in Christ. There's also suffering for him. And the suffering is as much a gift as the trusting

This member who wrote that... the only suffering he does, is to be called out for teaching religious science fiction.

Already explained how I was Born Again on another post...you will never get the witness who indwells me , the Holy Spirit to submit to your teaching

That sounds very theatrical.

Here is the issue..
The HS denies Calvinism, because Calvinism insults the Cross of Christ.

Pass that along to Epi, as He's the one who said that "The Cross of Christ is not about forgiveness of sin".

The Spirit in me witnesses Gods truth on this forum..

Calvinism/Tulip always requires that you stand up and be counted.

You witness most of the time your own truth..= un truths.

Satan wishes that was true...

See, I only teach Paul's Doctrine.

Paul is not a Calvinist.

The Gospel doesn’t save,

"The Preaching of the Cross..... is... THE... Power of God, unto Salvation, for everyone WHO Believes""'>

"For it pleased God... by the foolishness of Preaching....to SAVE.... those... who Believe"..

(Not those who are predestined, as Lying Calvinism teaches.)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See the problem?
God didnt predestine you to be here.... reading my post......., but Calvin teaches otherwise., and millions on this earth right now, are under his SPELL.
I technically disagree. We are destined to be here. Remember God destined us to be who we are before we were in our mothers womb. For example i was the result of a fling between separated parents. But the man i am today is greater than my family who all spent more time (apart from my little brother) with their dads. My mother had to explain who i was to my dad. Who was surprised. But i preached the message of God and my sufferings are my strength and hostile people make me spiritually dedicated. I have met Jesus technically and technically seen angels and demons literally. God chose someone who was nothing and made him something in society. God usually chooses someone who doesnt seem the part to be the part for His glory. I would gladly except that.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I technically disagree. We are destined to be here. Remember God destined us to be who we are before we were in our mothers womb. For example

We are pre-known by God's foreknowledge.

Everything is..

So, if we try to say that ...."im a child of Fornication", and then say that "God pre-destined that", then that is accusing God of using fornication to bring us here.

That wont fit a Holy God but it works just fine for demonic Calvinism and TULIP. = Doctrine.

Or if someone is a child of RAPE, and they later say......."God predestined by mother to be raped by 6 men behind a Retail store, at 3am after they kidnapped her, ......= So that "doctrine" wont fit God's Holiness, as that is accusing God of pre-destining the RAPES that caused the Birth.

So, once we get into "its all pre-destined" then it hits a brick wall once you see a few things that will never add up to HOLY God causing it, as they (Calvin//TULIP would accuse Holy God, falsely.

Ive talked to people who are so drowned into Calvinism and TULIP, that they believe that Hitler was PRE-destined to become Hitler.
Ive talked to these religious wackos, that idolize Calvin and TULIP to the point that they teach..."God pre-destined ADAM and EVE to obey the Devil"....
And that Ted Bundy was pre-destined by God to murder 30 + women and cut off their heads and have sex with their dead bodies.
And God pre-destined, according to Calvin/TULIP>. that Hamas would go into Israel last Oct 7 and burn babies to death, and families with them....

So, once Calvinism & TULIP gets going, there is no end to its ability , its demonic ability and purpose.... to try to Blame God for what the DEVIL Causes.

And the Devil loves that as He created Calvinism and TULIP to deny (Limit) The Cross, and get "christians' to blame God and accuse God of doing the DEVIL'S deeds.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Excerpt from the Exquisite Epistle to the Ephesians:

Eph 1:3-14 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, (4) just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, (5) having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, (6) to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. (7) In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace (8) which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, (9) having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, (10) that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. (11) In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, (12) that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. (13) In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, (14) who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

From My Notes:
Prophecies foretell what God foreknows and chooses to make known through a spokesperson. Things prophesied "go according to Scripture" or are fulfilled because of determining factors, of which freewill is one (aka volition). There is definitely truth in the premise "Thus saith the Lord so thus it shall be", but when we study why it is thus we find the cause to be the righteous judgment of God in punishing the iniquity of some, and being merciful on others.

Determining Factors:
  1. Existence
  2. Sentience
  3. Volition
  4. Intervention
God has determined that all things in Creation be as they are.

God has given some of His Creation sentience, that is the ability to perceive or feel things.

God has given some of His Creation volition, that is the ability to act independently either in accordance with His revealed will, or against it.

God is able to intervene in any aspect of His Creation as it pleases Him.

Judas had every opportunity to turn from wickedness to righteousness, but he was a "wayside hearer" whose heart was trampled down and hardened from the trafficking of the world so that the Word of God that Jesus spoke took no root in him but was pecked away by evil desires for a man-centred independent Jewish nation that Jesus wasn't interested in.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve heard it said if God is surprised, he wouldn’t be God? Cause supposedly God knows everything or at least the decision of each outcome of decisions made, which are known in which he could then not be surprised; having though of every scenario on the planet, and choosing to send his Word in order for 1 person to restore what the other person lost, in order for all things to be made right in the world with God even though unbelief, and sin against the Holy Spirit exists, and is released within bringing a person to being woken up spiritually knowing they are connected by and through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, whom was risen by the Holy Spirit of God, and brought into the kingdom of his son, people become his children and now to are they able to ask the Father for help by the Holy Spirit.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If prophecy comes true because God forced it to come true. we have serious problems with God (If we do not we should)
Why is that a problem?
God is outside of time, he knows the future because he has seen it as if it has already happened..
That conception just doesn't exist during the time period the Bible was written. Seems like a modern attempt to science the Bible to me.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That conception just doesn't exist during the time period the Bible was written. Seems like a modern attempt to science the Bible to me.
Any theologian worth their salt would disagree with that rebuttal.

Isa 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them."

Isa 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, (10) Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'

Act 2:22-24 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— (23) Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; (24) whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

Act 15:18 "Known to God from eternity are all His works.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another thing God has shown me, which I find mind blowing, how he gets our will in line with His.

How he works in our hearts from the power within us, the Living Holy Spirit.....He will NEVER FORCE!

Yet, he knows exactly how to get his children’s will in line/ harmony with His.

“ MIND BLOWING “ xxx

Romans 12:2​

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just been down the shops, looked at a cardigan, £20, He knew I wasn’t going to pay that,hehehe,xx