Does God need man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What you need to build is a false premise.

The premise is real. The car is sitting in my garage as we speak. I’m not able to drive it until I have all of the parts needed to finish the job.

Then you can pretend you need to build whatever you ‘want.’

I’m not pretending to build anything.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The premise is real. The car is sitting in my garage as we speak. I’m not able to drive it until I have all of the parts needed to finish the job.

I’m not pretending to build anything.

Absolutely you are. You built a need, where none exists.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No God, no plan. No man, no plan.

God exists, man exists, plan exists.

This much is true, because where you have the One, you have the other.

Yet for that One, there is no "need" for the other. The other just "is" because the One is.

The story is told, but folks don't recognize it for what it is-- mostly because they've been taught something else. They neither see, nor understand. It's a bit like this car project of yours. Once you decide to build it, it can become a personal possession, and then a personal obsession, and at some point it can even possess you.

That's the story. Make no copies. Have no idols.

Thou shalt have no other elohim before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Jehovah thy elohim am a jealous El.

In the beginning, elohim made the heavens and the earth.

And elohim said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness....

They didn't need to.

They wanted to.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was God, The Word made flesh.

Here's the problem with your premise. It contradicts scripture, not to mention nature.

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent...

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This much is true, because where you have the One, you have the other.

Yet for that One, there is no "need" for the other. The other just "is" because the One is.

The story is told, but folks don't recognize it for what it is-- mostly because they've been taught something else. They neither see, nor understand. It's a bit like this car project of yours. Once you decide to build it, it can become a personal possession, and then a personal obsession, and at some point it can even possess you.

That's the story. Make no copies. Have no idols.

Thou shalt have no other elohim before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Jehovah thy elohim am a jealous El.

In the beginning, elohim made the heavens and the earth.

And elohim said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness....

They didn't need to.

They wanted to.

There’s no need for me to repeat what you already know concerning the state of our agreement.

They wanted to?

He isn’t they, in my theology. And he needed the pieces of the plan in order to execute his plan. He made them. Alone. By himself.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“… no service is done God by overextending His edicts or by overextending His potentially infinite, but not necessarily manifested, attributes.”

(David Birnbaum, God and Evil, p. 170)

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a lot of posturing from you and a good amount of stubborn obstinance to support your premise, but no scripture....? What support do you offer for your theological notion that God needs man?

The world is mine and the fulness thereof. (Ps 50)

Neither is He worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing, He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things. (Acts 17)

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I decide not to marry a woman, then I decided I don't need a woman in my life. If I love a woman, there can be a codependency there that I need her or I feel I need her emotionally. This is the bond I think God has with us, and the bond satan is doing everything in his power to destroy. Is there a man hole in God's heart that only we can fill? It would seem so.

Yes He could do without us, but it would feel like a divorce. He much prefers us in His company because this is why we were made.

Reactions: Niblo

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I see a lot of posturing from you and a good amount of stubborn obstinance to support your premise…

What you should see is a person who is wrestling with the issue of why God allows evil.

… but no scripture....?

Scripture is provided sporadically, by myself and others.

God created the heavens and the earth. (Scripture.) What need was there for him to do that? You say none. I say God has a plan and makes what he needs in order to bring it to fruition.

What support do you offer for your theological notion that God needs man?

I’ve been reasoning about it throughout the thread.

The world is mine and the fulness thereof. (Ps 50)

Neither is He worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing, He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things. (Acts 17)

God doesn’t need for man to exist in order for man to worship him?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you should see is a person who is wrestling with the issue of why God allows evil.

Scripture is provided sporadically, by myself and others.

God created the heavens and the earth. (Scripture.) What need was there for him to do that? You say none. I say God has a plan and makes what he needs in order to bring it to fruition.

I’ve been reasoning about it throughout the thread.

God doesn’t need for man to exist in order for man to worship him?

Scripture says that God doesn’t need anything, including man to worship him. Read the passage again.