Does Jesus put himself above his Father?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 15:27

New American Standard Bible

27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is clear that [a]this excludes the Father who put all things in subjection to Him.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is the Father who has made all things subject to Jesus and he cannot put himself under his Son.
There is a hierarchy in the trinity, the Spirit looks to and points to the Son, the Son looks to and points to the Father. An order but not one of superiority or of inferiority they are all equally God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never once in the entire Gospel did Jesus place himself over the Father. I do believe that Jesus was the Son of God, and the Son of Man. Within Jesus was the Word of God, and God was in Christ, by and through the spirit of God which helped Jesus overcome his own will, and to fulfill his Fathers.

Its just an interesting insight as to compared to some places that may say you must only worship Jesus or not even mention that the one we are to place first always is Yahava above their own families, friends, and continue to pursue God in faith which he is pleased and rewards those who seek him deligently.

These are some good things to think about.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Never once in the entire Gospel did Jesus place himself over the Father.

Hello Matthew,

The doxology sung (or said) at the height of the Eucharistic Offering:

Through Him,
With Him,
And in Him.

In the unity of the Holy Spirit,

All Glory and Honour are Yours
Almighty Father!

Forever and ever!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 15:27​

New American Standard Bible​

27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is clear that [a]this excludes the Father who put all things in subjection to Him.

This is a hard thing for those born of our own father's and mother's as all being separate people. But we are just a dim image of what is true of God, broken down in the most elementary of terms; and to think of the Father and the Son, both of whom are God, by the same dim terms as apply to us...is just foolish.

By definition, extrapolating backward to God from our own lesser image, what comes out of a man is another man, but what comes out from God the Father, may rightly be called His "Son", but in reality--is God [also].

Again, what is written and made manifest within the greater image of God in man and the world and the scriptures...is a mere parable, having an object that is not the subject at all, and neither are the terms at all comparable...as if we were correct to suppose that God is like unto us, rather than we unto Him dimly. The terms and key of understanding God simply is not measured by the terms of men.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a hard thing for those born of our own father's and mother's as all being separate people.
Hello scotta, quite tired as I continue on. Thank you for taking time to write a little. My Mother was the support, and my brother and sister moved on early, Dad was gone because Mom left him, and my brother and sister dipped out fast, and started out their own lives. Its really amazing how much the emphasis of mainting good relationships requires a lot of effort on our own part, I always desire to believe that everyone is doing well, but even as a friend told me earlier, you never know what is going on behind closed doors with what a person could be facing.
But we are just a dim image of what is true of God, broken down in the most elementary of terms; and to think of the Father and the Son, both of whom are God, by the same dim terms as apply to us...is just foolish.
When people mention that word image, in my mind comes up the scripture pertaining to God created man in his image, male and female he created them (mankind.) All people are created in the image of God, and the reason why I believe that is, is because Yahava, has is own unique soul - when all mankind are placed within when they first take the breathe of life when a baby comes out of the womb. They are made a living human being created by God, however that does not allow it to fall under the line, “Well Gods everyones Father because all people are his children”, that is not true, there are circumstancres for those who do not know, all people of faith become given the power to become sons or daughters of God, coheirs with christ, as they continue to mature and walk in faith trusting in Yahava whom sent Yeshua the Messiah, the Son of God, the Son of Man.
By definition, extrapolating backward to God from our own lesser image, what comes out of a man is another man, but what comes out from God the Father, may rightly be called His "Son", but in reality--is God [also].
I dont know if understand this for sure, from my perspective, in the beginning is just like it stated wrote down by moses.

God. The Spirit of God. The Spoken Word of God. All existed in the beginning. What is interestif here as mentioned prior concerning the image which God had created man, Yeshua by the flesh, the Word of God within the flesh, is an image of Yahava, by and through Christ by the Spirit of Yahava which was with Jesus until the day he died, and then recieved once again upon resurrection by the same Spirit of Yahava which rose Yeshua from the dead. Which now indwells believers today.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭4‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬
Again, what is written and made manifest within the greater image of God in man and the world and the scriptures...is a mere parable, having an object that is not the subject at all, and neither are the terms at all comparable...as if we were correct to suppose that God is like unto us, rather than we unto Him dimly. The terms and key of understanding God simply is not measured by the terms of men.
Something that comes to mind is when Jesus said something about being lights on a hill, and not to hide the light in obscurities. I believe what Paul wrote about suffering for Christ in order to recieve resurrection from the dead which supposed better than the normal. There are many who do not like the idea of suffering which come from following Yeshua however many rewards to be shared in and through Yahava and his blessings upon those who are faithful, and those who are not faithful.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 15:27​

New American Standard Bible​

Jesus was the Father in flesh.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello scotta, quite tired as I continue on. Thank you for taking time to write a little. My Mother was the support, and my brother and sister moved on early, Dad was gone because Mom left him, and my brother and sister dipped out fast, and started out their own lives. Its really amazing how much the emphasis of mainting good relationships requires a lot of effort on our own part, I always desire to believe that everyone is doing well, but even as a friend told me earlier, you never know what is going on behind closed doors with what a person could be facing.

When people mention that word image, in my mind comes up the scripture pertaining to God created man in his image, male and female he created them (mankind.) All people are created in the image of God, and the reason why I believe that is, is because Yahava, has is own unique soul - when all mankind are placed within when they first take the breathe of life when a baby comes out of the womb. They are made a living human being created by God, however that does not allow it to fall under the line, “Well Gods everyones Father because all people are his children”, that is not true, there are circumstancres for those who do not know, all people of faith become given the power to become sons or daughters of God, coheirs with christ, as they continue to mature and walk in faith trusting in Yahava whom sent Yeshua the Messiah, the Son of God, the Son of Man.

I dont know if understand this for sure, from my perspective, in the beginning is just like it stated wrote down by moses.

God. The Spirit of God. The Spoken Word of God. All existed in the beginning. What is interestif here as mentioned prior concerning the image which God had created man, Yeshua by the flesh, the Word of God within the flesh, is an image of Yahava, by and through Christ by the Spirit of Yahava which was with Jesus until the day he died, and then recieved once again upon resurrection by the same Spirit of Yahava which rose Yeshua from the dead. Which now indwells believers today.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭4‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

Something that comes to mind is when Jesus said something about being lights on a hill, and not to hide the light in obscurities. I believe what Paul wrote about suffering for Christ in order to recieve resurrection from the dead which supposed better than the normal. There are many who do not like the idea of suffering which come from following Yeshua however many rewards to be shared in and through Yahava and his blessings upon those who are faithful, and those who are not faithful.

The point is, if God has shown us anything of himself in creating man in his own image, like the reflection made of us looking into a pool of water, the terms of what is true of God and what is true of man--is not the terms of the water...because the two are not actually the same. For, the "image" is just an image.

In that same logic, God whether Father or Son, is God. Meaning one is not [actually] above the other...except when the one lowers Himself to the same form of man in which there is no real comparison except by "image" the substance of which is not the same as God either, no more than the image in a pool of water is the same substance as the image of a person reflected in it.

Carrying on-- Understanding the terms as I have just explained them, when applied to the Father and the Son--knowing that Jesus came forth from or "out of" God, just as it is also written of Eve coming "out of" Adam (according to the "image" given by God) the Son is only "below" the Father until (according to the "image") He returns to become "One" with the Father, as (according to the "image') Adam and Eve "become one" (flesh) in marriage--which by definition is a "joining" of the one to the other is such a way as making them One.

Thus, to answer the OP question: Jesus becoming fully One with the Father again by His returning to Him and leaving the lowly form of man, brings to the renewed union of the Father and the Son...the Name of Jesus, the name above every name...indeed, even the otherwise nameless "Existing One" Jehovah so called...that it might rightly be said, “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA Are you saying Jesus has overcame and has been able to sit with his Father on his throne, in which God becomes all in all? The Lord God Almighty, which I believe is only mentioned once in Revelation.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is,was, God. He returned to the Father and is on his right hand side because in Jewish symbolism the right hand s the hand of power. Meaning he who was the power of the Father on earth as
The Word made flesh,Jesus, Immanuel "God with us", is God in Heaven.

Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.