Does Jesus reign because satan is bound or does Jesus reign because He is God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The answer to this question (because He is God) will prove that there are two sets of thousand years one the reigning and one the binding.

Satan isn’t Jesus’ equal or competition just an enemy.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to this question (because He is God) will prove that there are two sets of thousand years one the reigning and one the binding.

Revelation 20:4-6 and the words (Thousand Years) does nothing more than explain that the Lord's spiritual realm has no time, where one day is a Thousand Years "Non-Literal"

Reactions: Marty fox

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's Jesus' destiny to purify all evil from the cosmos (including Satan). When Jesus does so, then he will be equal to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The question asked in the Thread title is: -

Does Jesus reign because Satan is bound or does Jesus reign because He is God?

The answer can be found in Daniel 7:10-14: -

Daniel 7:11-14: - 11 "I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.​

13 "I was watching in the night visions,​
And behold, One like the Son of Man,​
Coming with the clouds of heaven!​
He came to the Ancient of Days,​
And they brought Him near before Him.​
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,​
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.​
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,​
Which shall not pass away,​
And His kingdom the one​
Which shall not be destroyed.​
NKJV

The answer is that Jesus reigns because He is given dominion and glory and a kingdom straight after the fallen heavenly hosts are judged in Heaven, and they are immediately locked up in the Bottomless pit to await the time of their punishment. Satan is included in the judgement of the heavenly Hosts, Isaiah 24:21-22, and is also immediately locked up in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years after which the Bottomless pit is unlocked and Satan and the other heavenly hosts and the Kings of the Earth attempt to overcome God before they are punished by being dispatched into the Lake of Fire.

Now nowhere in the quoted scripture above does it indicate that the Son of Man was considered to be God, but He was given dominion over the people of the earth at the beginning of the Seventh Age. We are also told that the Son of Man's dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away.

It can be dangerous theologically when we attempt to take our concepts to the extreme limits.

The two time periods run conjointly. Satan's and the other heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth are imprisoned for 1,000 years during which time Christ exercises a priestly rule over the earth for 1,000 years. It is during the little while period after the Bottomless pit is unlocked that the entities locked up in the Bottomless pit attempt to replace God and establish Satan as god in His place.

Knowing how the end time events plays out is important. We need to come to the right conclusions that reflect the heart of God for people.

Shalom

Reactions: Wrangler

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the truth that liberates us and sets us free.

Satan is the father of lies who restricts, oppresses and enslaves.

If it was possible to put 40 ounces of lies in a bottle.

And 40 ounces of truth, in another bottle.

With people having a choice between the two.

Which would be more valuable to society and civilization?

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus has not begun HIs reign yet. He Currently is acting in His role as HIgh Priest in heaven . As it is written He currently is living to make intercession for us.

He is also busy preparing a place for HIs bride, the Church< in heaven. Jesus begins His reign when He physically returns.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ludicrous.

There is only ONE mention in God's Word of the "thousand years" of Jesus' reign with His elect over all nations that begins at His future coming. And at that event of His coming is when Satan is shown to be locked in his pit prison for that period reign.

So WHY... are you BLATANTLY going AGAINST the Revelation 20 Scripture?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ludicrous.

There is only ONE mention in God's Word of the "thousand years" of Jesus' reign with His elect over all nations that begins at His future coming. And at that event of His coming is when Satan is shown to be locked in his pit prison for that period reign.

And why do you add to scripture things that are not there?

Where in revelation chapter 20 does it mention that the saints reign over the nations?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where in revelation chapter 20 does it mention that the saints reign over the nations?
Clearly you are a 'liar' and not to be trusted. I stated clearly... what the Rev.20 chapter contains, and you make the LYING claim that I added something when I definitely did not.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ludicrous.

Wow those are very strong words that aren’t true without even posting scriptures to prove It. So show me in the verses below that say that the saints rule over the nations

Revelation 20:4
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

It just says that they have authority to judge and that they reign with Christ. No mention of reigning over nations

So what exactly is the reigning?

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel chapter 28, Pride was downfall for Lucifer. He thinks he's smarter than God. Hes arrogant and stupid. Job chapter 1, 2, Jesus has satan on lease. Satan has to get permission from God to do certain things. Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48 is about the millennium. Satan is locked away for 1,0000 years in pit. The millennium is time of teaching for spirituality dead. After millennium expires, satan is let loose short season to test the spirtualty dead. On judgement day, the spirituality dead are judged by their works. Revelation chapter 20.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two time periods run conjointly.
I tend to avoid these kinds of threads but I do believe this is correct.

The way some write imply that Satan has yet to rebel OR they discontinue the timeline to fit their doctrines, which deny concurrent running of 1,000 years.

Reactions: Jay Ross

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Clearly you are a 'liar' and not to be trusted.
I don't know off the top of my head what the truth is regarding the contents of Rev 20.

However, now I do not want to know.

A more important truth has emerged. The test of living for Christ, as Christ would live through us shows our failure to abide by Jesus command, John 13:35 (CEV) If you love each other, everyone will know that you are my disciples. Not a very loving post, IMHO, Davy.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and the saints with reign with a rod of iron over the surviving nations because that is the level of rule the nations need. Satan is imprisoned during that time. The rod of iron reign will end, and satan will be released from his prison.

"Does Jesus reign because satan is bound or does Jesus reign because He is God?" is a strawman fallacy.