Does "LAW" matter?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, if it is abolished, then what is written on your Heart, and I am not referring to the 613 Law's in the OT. God gave 10 Commandments at Sinai, then put on stone, which the Scripture's state will be written on your Heart, from stone [hearts] to soft flesh Hearts!

The Law..which swallowed up all of the laws...they are still there inside..fulfilled.
LOVE.
Love God, Love neighbour....

Matt 22; "This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Why do Christians insist in hanging on to the old laws...when Jesus Himself said He came to fulfill them for us.? o_O

It blows my mind :)
bless you....Helen.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree that He forfeited His divine power to fight the enemy so as to feel what we do...but wasn't He still God? Oh to be that full with His Spirit! I sure hope we don't have to reach that level of being filled with the Holy Spirit before hearing the Father say: "Well done, good and faithful servant" (In a loud deep voice :D) enter into my heaven"

"my husband often doesn't agree with me! :D " does he not know how precious you are? Does he not know that women are superior to men, in all ways? J/K!!! lol.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! this has been refreshing!! I will try to be as agreeable and disagreeable as possible,LOL. For the sake of growing up in the fullness and stature of Our Savior, moving on , running the race, to that Great Calling. Have a Blessed Evening.

Thank you Truth,
I'm like ByGrace, I like to be made to think so, thanks!!!
You have a great weekend and will see around on here.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there.
Well to that I cannot agree :) ( the Bolded)
He was the Last Adam...He came to take back what the first Adam lost in the beginning. Therefore He laid aside His glory and became flesh.
I have to believe that He laid it all aside. ( to become as Adam, to legally take back from the Enemy what had been lost , by man)
It was lost by man, therefore taken back by man.
He had no unfair advantage in this legal transaction.
Yes , as He said- " I could call ten-thousand angels..."
We also remember Satan came to Him and tempted His to use His divine power, He did not fall for it.
So no, to do what He came here to do...He became fully man...anointed for the task by His Father. The Son of God.

He was as we know,full of the Spirit...much more than any of us ever have been...The Spirit is within us, and we have infilling...but we are not full..(probably because we are overfull of too much other stuff. )
He had the Spirit without measure...
Anyway...this is how I see it...just my opinion...you don't have to agree, my husband often doesn't agree with me! :D

I swore I already replied to this post :oops: Shouldn't it be here? Hmm...also having a problem just creating a new post without it being a "conversation".. Help? lol...anyhow, the post- so Jesus was fully man but not God when he took human form? He forgave sin while walking the earth...oh to be filled so full with His spirit to NEVER sin again but...we are human. Yes, we sure are full of stuff that needs to be cleared out in order to be filled rightly with His spirit. Thank you for the input ByGrace.
"my husband often doesn't agree with me! :D[/QUOTE]" -I suppose it keeps the marriage passionate, lol!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
NO! not a real fact, LOL
that might actually be Pinky's intent there, maybe @Nancy could ask her bro or something?

meaningful social dialogue went to cartoons for our generation, although it has since come back into reg tv somewhat i guess. Cartoon characters can get away with more truth than real ppl can maybe

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I swore I already replied to this post :oops: Shouldn't it be here?
BG said that last eve at 9:15, go into your content and find 9:15 yesterday and go from there (only in this case you don't need to, same page). Or you could recall a keyword in your reply and search that, 'newer than' yesterday.
also having a problem just creating a new post without it being a "conversation"
creating a new thread iow? goto the appropriate forum and click the 'new thread' button. you only get one shot to get the title right, no editing there i guess? i might have that part wrong

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that might actually be Pinky's intent there, maybe @Nancy could ask her bro or something?

meaningful social dialogue went to cartoons for our generation, although it has since come back into reg tv somewhat i guess. Cartoon characters can get away with more truth than real ppl can maybe

For sure...nothing like Merry Melodies and Looney Tunes! Didn't appreciate the dialog until I was older, lol Comedians can get away with that too.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BG said that last eve at 9:15, go into your content and find 9:15 yesterday and go from there (only in this case you don't need to, same page). Or you could recall a keyword in your reply and search that, 'newer than' yesterday.

creating a new thread iow? goto the appropriate forum and click the 'new thread' button. you only get one shot to get the title right, no editing there i guess? i might have that part wrong

Thank you!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree that He forfeited His divine power to fight the enemy so as to feel what we do...but wasn't He still God? Oh to be that full with His Spirit! I sure hope we don't have to reach that level of being filled with the Holy Spirit before hearing the Father say: "Well done, good and faithful servant" (In a loud deep voice :D) enter into my heaven"

"my husband often doesn't agree with me! :D " does he not know how precious you are? Does he not know that women are superior to men, in all ways? J/K!!! lol.

That is a True statement, to the degree of!!!!-- By man woman became one flesh, just a rib-LOL, BUT by women all other men are breached into this world, As Also our Savior, Created by God, Carried by a Woman, and then Delivered as!!! For there is Born to you this Day in the City of David A SAVIOR!!! and then, the Host's of Heaven declared!! Glory to God in the Highest! And on Earth Peace, Goodwill, To All!
Without Mary, A Righteous Woman, who found Favor in God's Sight, where might we be? I know, there would have been another one chosen by God, Maybe a woman named Jessica, or Helen, But that would mess up certain Prayer's! LOL

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello all, greetings! Newby here. My name is Kornelius
Re does 'LAW' matter...

Without further ado, here is something to consider; Jesus died because the law mattered. He died precisely because it was not possible for the Law to be changed or abrogated. If it was possible for the law to be altered or dismissed Jesus need not have died and sin needs redefinition. And by the way, who and what is it that defines sin?

A a reminder, the 10 C's were given from a mountain flaming in fire with the earth shaking. Tens of thousands of people witnessed the event. People trembled. The sanitised versions of modern film hardly come close to how it was. You might want a refresher by rereading the story.

The 10 C's are a transcript of God's character. They are ten words with implications that reach to every corner of ones reality. As a case in point Jesus lays it out like this; 'you have heard said, do not commit adultery but I say unto you he that looks at a woman lustfully has committed adultery in his heart already'. He turns it from an external to an internal. He makes what can be hidden from men, magnifies it and reveals its implications. Again, the commandment 'do not covert...' you know, the one that is hardly mentioned or glossed over shines a searing spotlight on our very motives and intentions.

Jesus prayed in Gethsemane that if it were possible this terrible cup might be taken from him.
Sin is so horrific it killed the author of life.

To misinterpret Paul's thesis on the Law is a mistake beyond words.
God's law is spiritual. It is not subject to negotiation let alone change.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself is often quoted as the replacement of the 10 C's not realising that they are reaffirming and establishing them. The first four commandments are in respect to God and the following six in respect to man.
Love is not a replacement, it is in fact the practical outworking of attitudes and behaviour that reflect God himself.

The fact that we break them is not a valid reason to construct an interpretation to scrap them. This is mans attempt to play God, redefine sin and use smooth words to quiet the conscience.

in peace
k.

Reactions: Truth and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all, greetings! Newby here. My name is Kornelius
Re does 'LAW' matter...

Without further ado, here is something to consider; Jesus died because the law mattered. He died precisely because it was not possible for the Law to be changed or abrogated. If it was possible for the law to be altered or dismissed Jesus need not have died and sin needs redefinition. And by the way, who and what is it that defines sin?

A a reminder, the 10 C's were given from a mountain flaming in fire with the earth shaking. Tens of thousands of people witnessed the event. People trembled. The sanitised versions of modern film hardly come close to how it was. You might want a refresher by rereading the story.

The 10 C's are a transcript of God's character. They are ten words with implications that reach to every corner of ones reality. As a case in point Jesus lays it out like this; 'you have heard said, do not commit adultery but I say unto you he that looks at a woman lustfully has committed adultery in his heart already'. He turns it from an external to an internal. He makes what can be hidden from men, magnifies it and reveals its implications. Again, the commandment 'do not covert...' you know, the one that is hardly mentioned or glossed over shines a searing spotlight on our very motives and intentions.

Jesus prayed in Gethsemane that if it were possible this terrible cup might be taken from him.
Sin is so horrific it killed the author of life.

To misinterpret Paul's thesis on the Law is a mistake beyond words.
God's law is spiritual. It is not subject to negotiation let alone change.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself is often quoted as the replacement of the 10 C's not realising that they are reaffirming and establishing them. The first four commandments are in respect to God and the following six in respect to man.
Love is not a replacement, it is in fact the practical outworking of attitudes and behaviour that reflect God himself.

The fact that we break them is not a valid reason to construct an interpretation to scrap them. This is mans attempt to play God, redefine sin and use smooth words to quiet the conscience.

in peace
k.
Spoken as though you were reading my mind. Thank you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Welcome to the Site.

No, Love is not a replacement...the Love commandment are the fulfillment and lifted the old laws higher!!! Lifted them to heart level.

Only Love Himself could fulfil them,... that is why Jesus said we were to "Abide in Him, as He was abiding in the Father." And Paul preaches " In Christ".

"In Christ" is the only way mankind can keep the commandments...in Christ we " live and move and have our being".

Only In Christ are we "accepted in The Beloved."

Reactions: Willie T

Andre

May 17, 2018
Durban
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Orthodoxy says "The Law" (however you consider it) does not apply today, at all. How do you see it? Why are any commands even mentioned in the New Testament?
Hi @Willie T
Personally, I believe that the 10 Commandments are still in force today. To me they represent the Law of God and I believe they are eternal. God planned everything right? It became necessary to implement these laws in the Garden of Eden, after the fall of man. They must have been in force long before Sinai.
(Gen 26:5 [KJV])
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
(1John 3:4 [KJV])
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(Rom 4:15 [KJV])
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.
How would we know what is right or wrong if there was no law in place?
The only laws that are no longer applicable are obvious. (Nailed to the Cross so to speak) Civil and ceremonial laws. We do not have to sacrifice animals to atone for our sins anymore because Jesus did that for us. The Ultimate Passover Lamb. Praise God for sacrificing His only begotten Son, otherwise we would have no hope. Jesus makes it even easier for us to understand when He said:
(Matt 22:40 [KJV])
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
All the Law, in my mind, includes all ten Commandments. That is why I am a Sabbath keeper.

Reactions: Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a True statement, to the degree of!!!!-- By man woman became one flesh, just a rib-LOL, BUT by women all other men are breached into this world, As Also our Savior, Created by God, Carried by a Woman, and then Delivered as!!! For there is Born to you this Day in the City of David A SAVIOR!!! and then, the Host's of Heaven declared!! Glory to God in the Highest! And on Earth Peace, Goodwill, To All!
Without Mary, A Righteous Woman, who found Favor in God's Sight, where might we be? I know, there would have been another one chosen by God, Maybe a woman named Jessica, or Helen, But that would mess up certain Prayer's! LOL

Lol...point taken :)

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Law..which swallowed up all of the laws...they are still there inside..fulfilled.
LOVE.
Love God, Love neighbour....

Matt 22; "This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Why do Christians insist in hanging on to the old laws...when Jesus Himself said He came to fulfill them for us.? o_O

It blows my mind :)
bless you....Helen.
Them OT Laws are still their today but are under Grace now.
Jesus said he did not come to change one bit of them Laws but to fulfil them and the two he gave stand above all and then one can see their true place is under Jesus Grace as he is in fact the King of Israel.

Reactions: Andre and Willie T