Does the Holy Spirit prevent wicked from being revealed¿

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not my intention for this to turn into an escatalogical debate, we have enough of those.

My focus is on who is the he Paul refers to in 2 Thessalonians.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
For the purpose of judgement God chooses to keep his own council, for now. If there is a greater purpose he may bring about the revelation of something done that was evil.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Paul is referencing a personal experience, or does someone have scripture references stating that the HS is removed at some point in history and I'm not asking for assumptions.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the purpose of judgement God chooses to keep his own council, for now. If there is a greater purpose he may bring about the revelation of something done that was evil.
Ok, but my question is valid I can give mounds of scripture references stating He wishes to disclose all evil

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2 is about the whole delusion of Satan. The Holy Spirit seals all mankind from conception to death, in response to this delusion. At the end, described by the 7 seals in Revelation 6, is the undoing of all seals. It is the opening of the Lamb's book of life. Once the last seal is opened, the Holy Spirit is taken away. The Lamb's book of life is opened in heaven and the last 3 judgments of the tribulation start.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2 is about the whole delusion of Satan. The Holy Spirit seals all mankind from conception to death, in response to this delusion. At the end, described by the 7 seals in Revelation 6, is the undoing of all seals. It is the opening of the Lamb's book of life. Once the last seal is opened, the Holy Spirit is taken away. The Lamb's book of life is opened in heaven and the last 3 judgments of the tribulation start.
Then there should be no problem with providing the scripture that states His Spirit is removed

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because covid19 is the first seal. The second one has been opened, but peace is still present. When fighting erupts in the streets, it will be the second confirmation.

Reactions: Mayflower

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because covid19 is the first seal. The second one has been opened, but peace is still present

Does the world have peace to give?
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2 is about the rapture meeting Christ in the air. That is your verse to compare with Revelation 6.

The Holy Spirit seals. The Lamb's book of life is sealed. All these seals are being opened to allow Satan's delusion to go away.

I can only give you these verses. The Holy Spirit has to open your eyes to them.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this and maybe it helps explain it better.

2 Thessalonians 2:6
“And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.”
Paul resumes his teaching on the subject of Satan. Paul now introduces the reason that Satan will never have absolute power on earth or in the churches. This is because he is being restrained. Since there is no human being which can restrain or withhold Satan, this is definitely speaking of the Holy Spirit who is eternal God Himself. Now there is another aspect which must be considered although minor in comparison to the work of the Holy Spirit Himself. Whenever the truth is proclaimed, then Satan is being restrained. Whenever a true believer brings the gospel to someone and they become saved, Satan has been restrained. Now Pre-tribulationalism believes that the Holy Spirit will be removed when all true believers will be raptured before the great tribulation begins. This theory falls flat because they also claim there will be some who will be saved during the final tribulation period. How can a person become saved unless the Holy Spirit will be present to apply the word to one of God’s chosen?
I am not speaking of this type of situation. I am saying that if a false teaching is rampant in a church and then someone comes in and teaches the truth and displaces the false teaching, then Satan has been restrained, but not by human effort. It was done through the power of the Holy Spirit confirming the work of the word of truth in that place. We can safely conclude that only the Holy Spirit is powerful enough to restrain Satan.
2 Thessalonians 2:7
“For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.”
The word for “the way” is the Greek word “mesou." This word may easily be translated “midst” and this is how the proponents use it. In translating it this way, does it hurt the case for true interpretation? The answer is no! For the Bible is speaking here that there is going to be a time when the ministry of the Holy Spirit will be at an end. The word “work” in this verse is a present tense verb which means the mystery of iniquity was already working in the churches in Paul’s time. So that means that the mystery of iniquity is going to work simultaneously with the work of the Holy Spirit until an appointed end. (Wheat and Tares) The question then, is when is the end? Is it the present? Or is it something else? The answer to our question is found in the next verse.
2 Thessalonians 2:8
“And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:”
Notice this verse starts with “and” just like chapters 4-22 in Revelation. This is a continuing thought not a separate one. The Holy Spirit will be active in all the world, including the churches, saving all the elect until the last one is saved. Then the Holy Spirit will be removed from the midst because His salvation work is done. Verses 7 & 8 are speaking of the last day when Satan will be destroyed upon the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. Let us look at the following verses which puts a confirming edge to this.

Reactions: Stan B

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this and maybe it helps explain it better.

2 Thessalonians 2:6
“And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.”
Paul resumes his teaching on the subject of Satan. Paul now introduces the reason that Satan will never have absolute power on earth or in the churches. This is because he is being restrained. Since there is no human being which can restrain or withhold Satan, this is definitely speaking of the Holy Spirit who is eternal God Himself. Now there is another aspect which must be considered although minor in comparison to the work of the Holy Spirit Himself. Whenever the truth is proclaimed, then Satan is being restrained. Whenever a true believer brings the gospel to someone and they become saved, Satan has been restrained. Now Pre-tribulationalism believes that the Holy Spirit will be removed when all true believers will be raptured before the great tribulation begins. This theory falls flat because they also claim there will be some who will be saved during the final tribulation period. How can a person become saved unless the Holy Spirit will be present to apply the word to one of God’s chosen?
I am not speaking of this type of situation. I am saying that if a false teaching is rampant in a church and then someone comes in and teaches the truth and displaces the false teaching, then Satan has been restrained, but not by human effort. It was done through the power of the Holy Spirit confirming the work of the word of truth in that place. We can safely conclude that only the Holy Spirit is powerful enough to restrain Satan.
2 Thessalonians 2:7
“For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.”
The word for “the way” is the Greek word “mesou." This word may easily be translated “midst” and this is how the proponents use it. In translating it this way, does it hurt the case for true interpretation? The answer is no! For the Bible is speaking here that there is going to be a time when the ministry of the Holy Spirit will be at an end. The word “work” in this verse is a present tense verb which means the mystery of iniquity was already working in the churches in Paul’s time. So that means that the mystery of iniquity is going to work simultaneously with the work of the Holy Spirit until an appointed end. (Wheat and Tares) The question then, is when is the end? Is it the present? Or is it something else? The answer to our question is found in the next verse.
2 Thessalonians 2:8
“And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:”
Notice this verse starts with “and” just like chapters 4-22 in Revelation. This is a continuing thought not a separate one. The Holy Spirit will be active in all the world, including the churches, saving all the elect until the last one is saved. Then the Holy Spirit will be removed from the midst because His salvation work is done. Verses 7 & 8 are speaking of the last day when Satan will be destroyed upon the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. Let us look at the following verses which puts a confirming edge to this.
The above states that Jesus will destroy Satan on the day He returns to earth, this doesn't align with anything I've read

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above states that Jesus will destroy Satan on the day He returns to earth, this doesn't align with anything I've read
I don't know what to say....why don't you share what you have read and let's reason it out together.