Does Your Church Use Catechism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the pulpit ministry or in all ministries?
Naturally there is some variation. Primarily through the Bible. But we will also give topical studies. When I teach for the pastor, I'll go topical. In my weekly study, we usually spend 6 months to a year in a particular book. We spent about a year in Romans, Matthew, the longer books. We'll be about 6 months in Philippians once we've finished.

Much love!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Naturally there is some variation. Primarily through the Bible. But we will also give topical studies. When I teach for the pastor, I'll go topical. In my weekly study, we usually spend 6 months to a year in a particular book. We spent about a year in Romans, Matthew, the longer books. We'll be about 6 months in Philippians once we've finished.

Much love!
So curious, how do you go about instilling doctrine?

Reactions: Marymog

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So curious, how do you go about instilling doctrine?
By any and every means I can. One thing we look at is that as we go through the entire Bible we are covering EVERYTHING written, and hopefully it all gets into the message.

One of the reasons that I spend so long on the books where I lead the study is because I use every opportunity to bring out the doctrines taught. I like to alternate between didactic books and narrative books, to give principle and example.

In my small groups, I know the people reasonably well, and we spend a good deal of time talking about ourselves, and as we go through the Scriptures, we naturally focus on those things that we need to understand today.

And I do believe that the Holy Spirit leads me in leading others, I see that so very much, and the same for those who minister to me.

Last Sunday in church, I was praying at one point for over a matter, and God answered me with a Scripture passage. Which, no longer than a second after I read the place, my pastor looked in my direction, and quoted that passage. I told him about that later, and he told me that was curious, because he hadn't quoted the passage in the other service. It was from the Holy Spirit for me.

And this is pretty much how our church functions.

Much love!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How? And don't say by the Scriptures because that tells us nothing.
why are you asking such silly questions
2 Timothy 3:16

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” you explain the scriptures .who is us ? your the one asking questions

Reactions: Helen and Nancy