Does Your Church Use Catechism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet you argue every time you see something of mine you don't like... hmm..

I agree, I do tend to 'jump-in' when I see you attacking someone ...I found your attack on what @Jane_Doe22 believe or does not believe , to be unfair.
As I said before... she is entitled to her beliefs ...as are you with Calvin etc.

You are not a Moderator or Admin on this forum ...and I don't see any of them shutting her down, arguing with her , or correcting her...so why you?

Lets drop it now...we have both said enough. :)

< BACK TO TOPIC >

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For simplicity, here's an older thread where I did just that: What I actually believe -- sharing love of Christ

Feel free to ask any questions on anything.
what i am looking for is doctrine of the church/ death baptism? standing in for the dead to go to heaven.salvation by grace through faith or is there work based salvation. the teaching of eternal damnation/ everlasting life

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i have plenty scripture my self at the moment i am trying to cypher out the LDS

Then maybe start a thread Ezra :)
This tread is not the right place... or the subject of the topic with be hijacked.

I think @Jane_Doe22 has answered enough on this thread ...I'm sure she'd talk on your new thread... :)

EDIT.. :D I see she already has address your issues ...ahead of me again!! LOL

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What say ye of the several "Liturgical" denominations that use their official books of prayer? And many of us who sing hymns you know aren't Scriptural in their wording?

The following are among the many books to which the term may loosely refer in various churches or religions, although in strict usage a prayer book is likely to mean a miscellaneous book of prayers as opposed to the standard service books as listed in the second group below:

Actual prayer books:
Saint Augustine's Prayer Book, in the Episcopal Church of the United States
Service & liturgical books:
Book of Common Prayer (BCP), first published in 1549 for the Church of England and has considerable literary influence in the English language
honestly i am not up to date on all these books for service .i was raised in the UMC we had responsive reading recited i think it was the apostles creed . the pastor had the hymn picked out he wrote his prayers out . to this day if i am in service and do responsive reading i cringe . all the various churches i have went to some had quirks . the independent fundamentalist baptist are very controlling. good preaching . but i have never had to deal with manuals for worship . i cant stand bunch carnal rules

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
honestly i am not up to date on all these books for service .i was raised in the UMC we had responsive reading recited i think it was the apostles creed . the pastor had the hymn picked out he wrote his prayers out . to this day if i am in service and do responsive reading i cringe . all the various churches i have went to some had quirks . the independent fundamentalist baptist are very controlling. good preaching . but i have never had to deal with manuals for worship . i cant stand bunch carnal rules

Totally agree.
By the way..what is UMC ..is that Methodist?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally agree.
By the way..what is UMC ..is that Methodist?
you should know as much as you can about the major denoms .if there is something i don't know i look it up. or i ask . you cant go through life disagreeing if you dont know. this is why i ask about LDS and yes this is the place on th forum. we have touched on many subjects

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no just skip it... not interested in chasing old threads
I just posted your questions and the answers there. New stuff, just not de-railing this.

Side note: my sister-in-law (+ good friend) and her children are UMC Methodist. I've attended services with them many times and had a good time.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The Catholic Church uses a Catechism

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
because LDS got introduced.

Yes I guess so...It was because when Jane Doe responded to the subject topic...David Taylor says- " ...but you are a LDS"....as if that nullifies anything she says!!

What if all of us , every time we post, we add.." But you are a UMC" , or to David- .." But you are a Calvinist" .. or ."but you are a this, that or the other.."
Trying to devalue the worth of what the poster has written.

Pretty low balling and unchristian I find.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if all of us , every time we post, we add.." But you are a UMC" , or to David- .." But you are a Calvinist" .. or ."but you are a this, that or the other.."

ok helen suppose you tell us the correct way . you interjected your self in disagreeing

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I guess so...It was because when Jane Doe responded to the subject topic...David Taylor says- " ...but you are a LDS"....as if that nullifies anything she says!!

Now I feel silly
Running around with this RCC
Tattooed on my forehead.......

ha

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. The Catholic Church uses a Catechism
Of course. The sad fact is that it is full of erroneous teachings. And I wonder how many Catholics have first studied their Bibles and then compared that to what is in the CCC.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. The sad fact is that it is full of erroneous teachings. And I wonder how many Catholics have first studied their Bibles and then compared that to what is in the CCC.

well, speaking for myself,
I was a Protestant Christian for about 20 years before I joined the RCC
I was a Presbyterian youth minister, at the time
I studied the Bible regularly

Honestly, after reading the Catechism,
I was shocked to find it so Biblically grounded
You should read it sometime

Reactions: amadeus