Dogmatic Certainties

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Communication really is a big part of people's problem here. Oh there are real disagreements as well, but there phony ones. Sometime two people may not be far apart at all but one or both them misunderstand something and they effectively talk through the night without receiving any clarification. Maybe this is because there is a lot of talking but not very much listening?

Rational debates can only happen when there are rational arguments.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The idea of an "afterlife" is a religious construct adopted by a dogmatic Christendom from Norse mythology and other such pagan religions. To the disciple of Christ, eternal life starts right now...otherwise it isn't an eternal life. When we live in the Spirit we shall continue in the presence of God when the body falls away. So then the soul continues to live when the body dies. What comes after is the bodily resurrection....not an afterlife.
he said, with overwhelming certainty

he who seeks to save his soul shall lose it

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why are we plagued with so many dogmatic certainties and religious opinions? The ego driven agenda would put these as more important than love and unity. They are things to squabble over rather than coming to any kind of agreement. Is this not carnal?

So I have identified, more or less a few causes for these DC's as follows.

-reactions to the things we hate. (bad experiences)
-self-interest (ambitions and perceived religious assurances)
-ideological preferences
-drawing wrong conclusions based on quick and rash judgments
-personal dissatisfaction and disaffection with the status quo

Now this trend towards personal opinions or preferences short-circuits any possibility of the mind of Christ coming to the fore. The DC's get in the way of love, unity, tolerance and openness to the experience of others by creating false hierarchies of what is important.

For your information I am perfect. Perfectly useless.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
rolleyes yeh, not like it couldnt be seen in you a mile off i guess.
wonder what that is called, that "overwhelming clarity?"
no offense but youre a legend in your own mind too i guess huh?

But what do I know? Or don't know?
ha it mostly struck me funny bc the other one, quote, says basically the opposite?
fortuitous spot for this too, i guess, wth are they any good for but to mislead?
give me the guy quietly volunteering and wondering if there even is a Yah imo
religious ppl are mostly good for emergency rations i think! lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Overwhelming clarity. Certainties of the religious kind reflect an advantage to the person...making them "saved" and others not ...for adhering to certain religious beliefs.
still not bothering with the naive dialectic huh epi? ok
but note you are responding to the part that is not even the subject now? Which is your cock-sure sayings? with your overwhelming whatever? bs?
So then the soul continues to live when the body dies. What comes after is the bodily resurrection....not an afterlife
well, you hope anyway, right, but there is certainly plenty of Scripture that suggests otherwise, and i notice you havent Quoted any. Known any bodies to die and then literally resurrect yet, epi?

Hebrews 9:27 Lexicon: And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So then the soul continues to live when the body dies. What comes after is the bodily resurrection....not an afterlife.

Overwhelming clarity. Certainties of the religious kind reflect an advantage to the person...making them "saved" and others not ...for adhering to certain religious beliefs.
lol

i mean have you ever had a thought or an observation yet bro, or do you function solely in absolute truths? I mean you do realize that according to Scripture you do not yet know what you are talking about, yeh? Doesnt mean i dont care for you, even like you ok, but fwiw i mostly leave you alone bc we are in a room full of RCC mithraists, whether they claim Prot or not, which im even tithing to the Catholics (Charities) at the moment so not saying im not a hypocrite too maybe, but at least im not making crap up about the future that only the very worst, the most myopic reading, could extract?

now ima go back to letting you tell the smaller kids how babies come from storks, ok, and my apologies, but you are demonstrably not correct epi, whether we end up literally resurrecting or not, that doesnt even matter see, except to you and the other pagans here. have a nice day

love it though, a new phrase for "i am totally deceived; 'Overwhelming clarity'"

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
lol

i mean have you ever had a thought or an observation yet bro, or do you function solely in absolute truths? I mean you do realize that according to Scripture you do not yet know what you are talking about, yeh? Doesnt mean i dont care for you, even like you ok, but fwiw i mostly leave you alone bc we are in a room full of RCC mithraists, whether they claim Prot or not, which im even tithing to the Catholics (Charities) at the moment so not saying im not a hypocrite too maybe, but at least im not making crap up about the future that only the very worst, the most myopic reading, could extract?

now ima go back to letting you tell the smaller kids how babies come from storks, ok, and my apologies, but you are demonstrably not correct epi, whether we end up literally resurrecting or not, that doesnt even matter see, except to you and the other pagans here. have a nice day

love it though, a new phrase for "i am totally deceived; 'Overwhelming clarity'"

Maybe you should start a thread called "dogmatic uncertainty" to cover your agnostic POV. ;) I never intimated that the truth cannot be known. The dogmatic part is where you are told what to believe in a ready made format. IOW an easy and shallow acceptance of something that goes deeper than life itself. When you scratch the surface of that belief...poof...any truth vanishes because it has not been lived or understood. All you get is..."well the bible says"...

But in your case you have just opted for the very worldly lack of understanding and common doubt associated with a lack of experience with God, truth, revelation, and knowledge of the holy.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe you should start a thread called "dogmatic uncertainty" to cover your agnostic POV. ;) I never intimated that the truth cannot be known. The dogmatic part is where you are told what to believe in a ready made format. IOW an easy and shallow acceptance of something that goes deeper than life itself. When you scratch the surface of that belief...poof...any truth vanishes because it has not been lived or understood. All you get is..."well the bible says"...

But in your case you have just opted for the very worldly lack of understanding and common doubt associated with a lack of experience with God, truth, revelation, and knowledge of the holy.
ok, ty for the Pronouncement epi

what is it?

we're tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!

i mean if you wanna immedietely deflect, then deflect, yes, i can be rather a jerk too sometimes, but the subject there you declined to address entirely right

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We really can know truth. We just can't know it by saying, ooh, I like that verse, ima' claim that one as being about me and, ooh, I don't like that verse, ima' say that one's about you.

For every verse that fills us with joy, there will be another one that puts us in some dread. We should struggle through the dread instead of covering our ears.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
UNDENIABLE AGNOSTicISM.....o_O:p:cool:
yet you will not address the point, see, but rather a deflection attack, and with more "undeniable" crap to boot? A double-down? You sure thats where you wanna go epi? And how priceless is a pagan calling anyone an agnostic anyway, especially in Satans Dialectic? Bc admit it, you think you are Yah, right, that is what that kind of speech implies? "I know the truth" regardless of--and in obvious avoidance of--what Scripture has to say?

he who seeks to save his soul will lose it
he who says he knows
("undeniable") does not yet know
as he ought

so keep ignoring then, idrc ok epi
its no problem for me, its a problem for you, yes?
declaring themselves wise
standing where it should not be
claiming to be the Most High

ok bye episatan

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's really uncalled for bbyrd. Really man. I love you bro but yeah, uncalled for.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That's really uncalled for bbyrd. Really man. I love you bro but yeah, uncalled for.
well, and the ignoring the point and deflecting onto me and calling me names, "agnostic," all with "complete certainty," thats ok right

see, that is how this started, ok, but he chose to ignore that and double down from his Throne?

so bam lick it up, and defend him too if you like, i already said im not perfect, yes
but i didnt start out crappy and superior, did i?
who did, in that exchange?

note that epi is still perfect in his own eyes ok
you might maybe get some croc tears now that it has been made so obvious, but thats about it imo
fwiw i think you deserve epi then ok

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
now, i wasnt being a dick here, i dont think?
just looking for a perspective?
So then the soul continues to live when the body dies. What comes after is the bodily resurrection....not an afterlife
well, you hope anyway, right, but there is certainly plenty of Scripture that suggests otherwise, and i notice you havent Quoted any. Known any bodies to die and then literally resurrect yet, epi?

Hebrews 9:27 Lexicon: And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

that i couldnt get? I get superiority complex instead?
guy's a fricking know it all and you arent interested in his perspective there?
so like i said, lick it up then

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you come across as somewhat agnostic to me too, byrd. It's not a 4 letter word, you know! I kind of admire the integrity of most of the agnostics I've met. They are honest. They say, I dont know,because they dont.