Don’t fool yourself into believing that one party or ideology represents Jesus more than another.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! It seems some have forgotten the glory of God and what He is capable of! Don't tell me a person can't be healed of their sin. That's what the cross was for!

Do the right work for Christ and glorify Him with obedience. He will return! Be ready.

john-15_2.jpg
That translation is not correct my dear sister . Its every branch IN JESUS that does not bear fruit
will be cut out . I just wanted to encourage you with what it really says .
And HE is the tree and we are the branches . Every branch that does not bear good fruit will be cut out .
But every branch that does bear good fruit , WILL be pruned so that it may bear more fruit .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That translation is not correct my dear sister . Its every branch IN JESUS that does not bear fruit
will be cut out . I just wanted to encourage you with what it really says .
And HE is the tree and we are the branches . Every branch that does not bear good fruit will be cut out .
But every branch that does bear good fruit , WILL be pruned so that it may bear more fruit .
Yes you are right! I didn't realize it wasn't the correct translation until I posted it. But you get what I'm saying :D hopefully, I think others would understand.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct the church must look out for the church . which i now ask you to hear me on this next statement .
SEEKER FRIENDLY was and is OF THE DEVIL . THEY destroyed our churches from within .
They never corrected anyone who came into their church . They just play loud songs and repetivtive chants
and holler god is love . IT Leavened the churches full . NEVER in the bible
was their any kind of requirement given by the true ones . THEY destroyed our churches and hugged folks right to hell
and now those churches ACCEPT SAID SINS . WE GOTTA Correct BRETHREN .
ANYONE who claims JESUS , if they be in any SIN , MUST BE CORRECTED ASAP . AND the gay PC SIN , IS NO DIFFERENT .
WE MUST CORRECT within OUR CHURCHES and DO IT NOW . THIS seeker friendly was a lie spawned by satan .

Not sure I said anything about seeker friendly.

Is there anyway that when you reply to me that you can do so without adding so many capitalized words? It's not easy for me to read and it dampens the effect you're trying to achieve.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America is not a democracy
its technically a republic .
But it would not matter if it was communist china , SO long as i got the LORD i have all i need .
Pauls freedom consisted of a lot of prison time . And times are headed all right into the end time beast system .
The climatic final hour is upon this world . Focus on Christ and bible doctrine .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you are right! I didn't realize it wasn't the correct translation until I posted it. But you get what I'm saying :D hopefully, I think others would understand.
yeah , i was not worried about you sister . I just wanted you to know that was not the right translation .
Now guess what time it is . LORD PRAISING and LORD THANKING TIME SISTER . So lift those hands up and let the LORD be praised .
There is truly one thing i have learned . And that is this , a soul can never be too thankful unto the LORD , nor praise HIM too much .
One here thought perhaps i had a spirit of divination on me , due to i constantly say to praise and thank the Lord .
But , you all have to remember something , I was far worse than all of you all combined and yet GOD gave me MERCY and grace in JESUS .
SO , this man is one HAPPY MAN for the LORD and HIS MERCY .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure I said anything about seeker friendly.

Is there anyway that when you reply to me that you can do so without adding so many capitalized words? It's not easy for me to read and it dampens the effect you're trying to achieve.
Oh i know you never said anything about seeker friendly . I was just reminding you and all that is was of the DEVIL .
And that you indeed had made a very good point . We ought to be correcting the church .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah , i was not worried about you sister . I just wanted you to know that was not the right translation .
Now guess what time it is . LORD PRAISING and LORD THANKING TIME SISTER . So lift those hands up and let the LORD be praised .
There is truly one thing i have learned . And that is this , a soul can never be too thankful unto the LORD , nor praise HIM too much .
One here thought perhaps i had a spirit of divination on me , due to i constantly say to praise and thank the Lord .
But , you all have to remember something , I was far worse than all of you all combined and yet GOD gave me MERCY and grace in JESUS .
SO , this man is one HAPPY MAN for the LORD and HIS MERCY .
A spirit of divination... Haha. No, don't worry about that. I am going to tag you on another post and maybe it will give you some peace of mind.

Reactions: amigo de christo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus
Exactly!
Jesus could have cast that first stone, since he is without sin, but he didn’t. He wasn’t here to condemn the world (John 3:17), why would we think we should condemn the world?
How do you feel about disciplining children? Do you have rules, or just let them.do as they please so as not to impose your beliefs?
I'm being serious.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are completely unlearned in this area.
Well, one of us is.....

In the old covenant, which has a command that says thou shalt not kill, God sent out Israel to wipe out entire evil cities, and kill every man, woman, and child, plus had the death penalty for breaking the law, of being stoned to death by the Israelis.
Firstly that was not the Commandment that God gave to Israel....it was “thou shalt not murder” which is unlawful killing. God sanctioned the death penalty for certain crimes in Israel’s law, but the executioners were not murderers....”killing” in those instances was sanctioned by the giver of life.

We have not been under the Old Covenant since Jesus instituted the New Covenant on the night before his death.
The only wars sanctioned by God were when Israel fought to defend their God-given land. They were to drive out the wicked inhabitants of that land in order to be uncontaminated by their ways and worship.
When they obeyed their God, he fought for them, giving them victory over those who wanted to steal their prime real estate.....but when they disobeyed, such as when they sought alliances with foreign nations instead of relying on the power of their God to defeat their enemies, he abandoned them to those enemies. Most of Israel’ history is a demonstration of what NOT to do. Any wonder that God abandoned them once his purpose to produce the savior was accomplished. (Matthew 23:37-39)

It is pointless alluding to Israel’s military history because they not only lost their relationship with God through their disobedience, but they also lost their land. God allowed foreign nations to take it over....so starting with Babylon and their exile there for 70 years, Israel were never fully in control of their own territory after that.....because of their disobedience, foreign nations dominated them all through history. The diaspora scattered them all over the Middle East and beyond. By the time Jesus arrived, Jerusalem and its surrounding territory was under the control of the Roman Empire. Israel had no military force, so no one had been fighting in an Israelite army for hundreds of years. Jews were no longer occupiers of their own land, so how could they defend it?

You apparently need some biblical history lessons....

That is not a contradiction- the individual had no authority to decide who to kill, But the governing bodies of judges had that authority.
Christians are to live “in” the world, but they are to be “no part” of it. The world is under the control of the devil (1 John 5:19) and it will do whatever satan wants it to do....we will exist separated from its wars and atrocities and corrupt politics. To support that is to support satan’s rulership. He owns both sides.

If we are “no part of the world”, there is nothing for us to defend.....do you know why?
Because the lands that are defended are mostly stolen from someone else....none are God-given, such as Israel had. Would God defend thieves? What did he do to those nations who wanted to take Israel’s land away from them? Other wars are fought over resources; things that one nation wants to take from another....like oil.
Other conflicts are fomented to sell products like weapons, and are financially motivated. All wars are evil.

God ha# always authorized human governments to enforce laws, and deal with evil doers and law breakers, and to fight wars against evil, and that is still true in the new covenant.
Yes, he has authorised governments to provide a measure of stability, because he is a God of order and because his Christian worshippers had a job to do in taking the message of God’s Kingdom out to the world. (Matthew 24:14) So he authorised the worldly governments, corrupt as they were, to maintain a semblance of order so that his commission to Christ’s disciples could be carried out. (Matthew 28:19-20)

Satan is in control of the world but he can never override the will of God. We don’t need human kingdoms to dictate our worship or to make us part of their ungodly activities. (John 18:36) We obey the laws of the land unless they conflict with God’s laws. (Acts 5:29)

God’s word proves that He does not exist in the ‘box’ that Christendom has placed him in.....

Jesus taught that the devil would create a fake “Christianity” that would spread like “weeds” in the world.....and so they have. (Matthew 13:23-30; 36-42) If you can’t tell the “wheat” from the “weeds”, then you are in trouble.

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
How do you feel about disciplining children? Do you have rules, or just let them.do as they please so as not to impose your beliefs?
I'm being serious.

Disciplining one’s own children or other people’s children?
And what do you mean by disciplining?
If you’re being serious, I guess you are talking about other people’s children.
And I don’t really think it’s in my place to discipline other people’s children.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disciplining one’s own children or other people’s children?
And what do you mean by disciplining?
If you’re being serious, I guess you are talking about other people’s children.
And I don’t really think it’s in my place to discipline other people’s children.
Your own children....why did you assume I was talking about disciplining other people's children?

And I'm not talking about beatings. Just correction with rules and standards, and consequences for not following the rules.

What I'm getting at is that rules and laws are not bad. And consequences aren't the same as revenge. One can impose consequences for various reasons... to teach a person right from wrong, and to keep them from harming more people. And one can forgive while at the same time administer consequences. Consequences do not equal unforgiveness, nor vengeance.

Even rehabilitation involves realization of rules, code of conduct, cause and effect of one's actions, and an awareness of consequences. I think you're confusing vengeance and condemnation with rules, laws, and consequences.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told the woman who was caught in sin that He wasn't there to condemn her. But He did say, "Go, and sin no more." That is the same as laying down a code of conduct.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So should we lift all laws against rape, abortions, child abuse, human trafficking, murder for fear of imposing our beliefs on others? What do you do when someone repeatedly victimizes children? Nothing? Just say..... "Well, as a Christian, I wouldn't do that, but you go right ahead... I'm not pushing my rules on you."

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not what he was doing. According to the original news reports he was protecting others from violet rioters and looters.

I don't think that was his town. Which is part of the issue, he went across state lines.
Don't get me wrong...only so condemning....LOL....if you are going to look for a fight....bring some help.
And like I said, Until I see hundreds of BLM rioters doing hard time I have no interest in seeing convictions of the is type of thing.
As far as I am concerned track them down like feral hogs.

Reactions: Enoch111

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, no thanks! Along with DeSantis, I will be voting to vote one out and to keep the other out of office.

Before you accuse me of being a liberal, I am actually a moderate, and will vote for any candidate that I feel represents my interests.

Neither DeSantis or Trump represent my interests currently as much as other candidates have and do at this time.
Simple Questions, with a simple answer of yes/no will do, thanks

1. Do you oppose (Abortion) in killing the innocent unborn?

2. Do you oppose (Same Sex Marriage)?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that was his town. Which is part of the issue, he went across state lines.
Don't get me wrong...only so condemning....LOL....if you are going to look for a fight....bring some help.
And like I said, Until I see hundreds of BLM rioters doing hard time I have no interest in seeing convictions of the is type of thing.
As far as I am concerned track them down like feral hogs.
Kyles father lives in (Kenosha Wisconsin), his mother lives in (Antioch Illinois) roughly 20 miles apart, this was discussed in the trial

It was also determined the prosecution falsely charged Kyle with fire arm possession that was actually "legal possession", as the judge dismissed the charge

Kyle Rittenhouse has been found (Not Guilty) on all 5 counts, a unanimous decision by the jury, 100% acquittal

Sad to see he was imprisoned and drug through the mud, for simple acts of self defense, that the entire world has witnessed through video recordings

The Mccloskey's in Missouri would be seen in the same light, as BLM broke down security gates and stormed their property, as they armed and defended themselves and personal property, and were charged with criminal acts, later to be pardoned by Missourus Governor

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So should we lift all laws against rape, abortions, child abuse, human trafficking, murder for fear of imposing our beliefs on others? What do you do when someone repeatedly victimizes children? Nothing? Just say..... "Well, as a Christian, I wouldn't do that, but you go right ahead... I'm not pushing my rules on you."
@TLHKAJ is right and don't expect that God will ignore a wicked nation that does evil in His sight just because people are "individuals." Like half of the Bible is about this.

A lot of people think it was homosexuality as the only sin of Sodom and Gomorrah.

No.

Sodom's first sins were pride and gluttony. (Ezekiel 16:49-50)

America will need to fear the Lord.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Yes! I oppose it, just like I oppose baby killing, war, murder, greed, selfishness, stealing, rape etc.

2. I don’t actually believe that it is possible for two men to marry, regardless of what any government says or what religion other people might practice. So I disagree with the premise of your question. If you’re asking me if I believe that it’s a sin to have gay sex,? Yes, I believe that it’s a sin to have gay sex, just like it’s a sin to call your brother a fool or an idiot (that’s murder). Everything that does not come from faith is sin.
I disagree that we in some way can maximize good or suppress sin through our democratic system. I also don’t believe that one should be convicted of murder, for calling ones brother an idiot in our justice system. I believe that’s a private matter that only concerns One, One’s brother and God.

We are happy with our freedom to practice our faith that our governments offer, it would simply be hypocritical of us to infringe on other people’s right to practice their faith. It’s certainly not a way to convince them that our God is a loving and forgiving God.
You gave a very large explanation, but you evaded the direct question, you answered directly in question #1 with Yes! I oppose it

Once again, "Do You Oppose"

2. "Do you oppose" (Same Sex Marriage)?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple Questions, with a simple answer of yes/no will do, thanks

1. Do you oppose (Abortion) in killing the innocent unborn?

2. Do you oppose (Same Sex Marriage)?

Problem is, it's not a simple answer.

For both questions, I believe it is their choice. I cannot make that choice for them. God gives us a choice to follow him or not, who am I, a mere man to say that I can tell others what to choose when God himself wants us to choose him.

On top of the fact that I posted a scripture that says we're not to judge those outside of the church. Only those inside the church. We cannot expect those outside the church to do what Christians do. God, Himself will deal with them in His time.

Here is the scripture again for your perusal:

"12 For what have I to do with judging those outside? Is it not those who are inside that you are to judge? 13 God will judge those outside. “Drive out the wicked person from among you.” 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 NRSV

Reactions: amadeus
Status
Not open for further replies.