Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I definitely have to keep that in mind. I know exactly what you mean. I have long been to the point where the more I know people the more i would just love to have dogs

LoL. I know how you feel.
I have learned to stay away from them as much as possible. It is a heavy cross to bear for me... because I keep replaying the hurt

Some people are more emotional by nature and therefore more deeply effected by such things. I am one of them. I have found that God's intended plan was to place such types around those who love them, and can heal them from the hostility. Ultimately fellow believers were intended to serve this role (John 13:35), but it's not always the case. So your idea about the dogs is a good one. They are faithful, and can often supply what you lack from others.
Thank you for the compliment. I have a long way to go.

You're welcome, and just keep going. If you keep believing Him to care for you and protect you, the day will come when you will look around and see how He has brought you to a place of healing and peace, free of the wounds you once felt so deeply.

Andre

May 17, 2018
Durban
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Greetings, everyone, in the wonderful name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I've recently become a member here at Christianity Board, and was sharing with some other charismatic members here how I move in the gift of dream interpretation. I wanted to open a thread for anyone who believes they might have received a dream or vision sent to them by God, and are curious to know what it means.

To those who dismiss dreams as not worthy of being taken seriously, scripture very clearly proves otherwise. Dreams and visions play very important roles in both the Old and New Testaments. I am humble with my gift, and simply present to people what I feel the proper interpretation is, and leave it at that. Most dreams explain themselves internally, such that I do not need to ask any questions. However, whenever this is not the case, I may ask questions to establish the context behind the symbolism being presented.

Should anyone prefer to send me something in private, please feel free to. That is fine as well.

Blessings in Christ Jesus,
Hidden In Him

Hi,
A week ago today I had a strange experience. I can best describe it as an involuntary reaction. You may have had a similar experience when drifting off to sleep, one of your limbs suddenly and inexplicably shifts to another position. Well, the experience I had was similar to that except it wasn't one of my limbs, it was my head. I was in a deep sleep when my head suddenly lifted off the pillow and turned to the side simultaneously. It was a very sharp snap and almost violent. Instantly I was awake, wide awake. Not like I wake up in the morning. A two dimensional image of a lions face appeared for a split second in front of my eyes and was gone. It was so real I felt like I had been slapped in the face by this image. Regards,
Andre

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,
A week ago today I had a strange experience. I can best describe it as an involuntary reaction. You may have had a similar experience when drifting off to sleep, one of your limbs suddenly and inexplicably shifts to another position. Well, the experience I had was similar to that except it wasn't one of my limbs, it was my head. I was in a deep sleep when my head suddenly lifted off the pillow and turned to the side simultaneously. It was a very sharp snap and almost violent. Instantly I was awake, wide awake. Not like I wake up in the morning. A two dimensional image of a lions face appeared for a split second in front of my eyes and was gone. It was so real I felt like I had been slapped in the face by this image. Regards,
Andre

Greetings, Andre.

I must confess this is something I've never heard of before. The only way I would be able to discern anything about the experience was to know more about the context (such as had you been concerned about something at the time, were you growing significantly in Christ at the time, were you making spiritual enemies at the time, had something been spoken over your life, etc). You'd have to pray and ask God to bring something back to your remembrance maybe.

I also know when I am talking to someone from South Africa that darkness may also be involved, so it can be a tricky matter, which is why I hinted at if you had made any enemies by any chance. The experience could have been the result of a spiritual attack, so that is always a possibility as well.

When you came away from the experience did you feel the Lord had somehow spoken to you, or did you get a sense of fear?

Blessings,
Hidden

Andre

May 17, 2018
Durban
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Greetings, Andre.

I must confess this is something I've never heard of before. The only way I would be able to discern anything about the experience was to know more about the context (such as had you been concerned about something at the time, were you growing significantly in Christ at the time, were you making spiritual enemies at the time, had something been spoken over your life, etc). You'd have to pray and ask God to bring something back to your remembrance maybe.

I also know when I am talking to someone from South Africa that darkness may also be involved, so it can be a tricky matter, which is why I hinted at if you had made any enemies by any chance. The experience could have been the result of a spiritual attack, so that is always a possibility as well.

When you came away from the experience did you feel the Lord had somehow spoken to you, or did you get a sense of fear?

Blessings,
Hidden
Hi,
I hear what you are saying but the experience was not at all negative. I gave my life to the Lord in 1979 but did not follow through. When things were going well I would forget about God and only when things were going bad would I turn to Him again. When my wife passed away six years ago I was finally free to submit totally to the Lord. Let's just say she was not a fan. I began to study the Bible intensely and became immersed in the Word of God. My spiritual appetite was and still is insatiable. For the past three years I have been going to church every week. Three months ago I got baptized. One week ago I joined a Bible study group called "Precept". The incident under discussion happened a day before joining the Bible study group and interestingly enough, amongst the introduction literature was a picture of the exact same two dimensional picture of a lions face. I have a strong sense that I am being led by the Holy Spirit. That I am being called. At the time this incident occurred I felt as if I had been marked.
Blessings,
Andre

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's just say she was not a fan.

LoL. I know how that is. :)
My spiritual appetite was and still is insatiable. For the past three years I have been going to church every week. Three months ago I got baptized. One week ago I joined a Bible study group called "Precept". The incident under discussion happened a day before joining the Bible study group and interestingly enough, amongst the introduction literature was a picture of the exact same two dimensional picture of a lions face.

These words are excellent, and precisely what I was hoping for. You have to understand, I have a responsibility not to sign off on anything good or bad until I know the context. But this sounds wonderful. I too have a voracious appetite for the word of God, and it is the premier qualification for entering into the higher ministries.
I have a strong sense that I am being led by the Holy Spirit. That I am being called. At the time this incident occurred I felt as if I had been marked.

Yes. In this context it means He is now directing you to look at Him, and to see in Him the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, i.e. in His aspect as a conqueror (Revelations 5:5). From a source I just found:

"In Isaiah 31:4, just “as a lion growls, a great lion over its prey—and though a whole band of shepherds is called together against it, it is not frightened by their shouts . . . so the LORD Almighty will come down to do battle on Mount Zion and on its heights.” The Lord is not afraid of His enemies. He protects His people and does not allow them to be conquered. In Hosea, God is angry at Israel because they became proud and forgot Him. God says, “I will be like a lion to them. . . . like a lion I will devour them. . . . You are destroyed, Israel, because you are against me, against your helper” (Hosea 13:7–8). It is better to experience the help and protection of the Lion than to deny His kingship and face His fierceness.

In Revelation 5, Jesus is the long-awaited Lion of the tribe of Judah. John weeps because no one was found worthy to open the scroll of God’s judgment or even to look inside it. Then one of the elders says to John, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals” (Revelation 5:4–5). Both of the genealogies in Matthew and Luke record that Jesus is a descendant of the tribe of Judah. When Jesus is revealed as the promised Lion of the tribe of Judah, it reveals His deity. He is the true king and the One to whom belongs the long-awaited obedience of nations. Yet it is not His fierceness or the force of His power that makes Him worthy. The Lion has triumphed because He became a Lamb (Revelation 5:6–10; cf. John 1:29). Jesus Christ is worthy because He lived a perfect, sinless life and in shedding His blood defeated sin and death. His death and resurrection have resulted in a protection for His people and an eternal kingdom that will honor and worship God. Ruling this kingdom will be Jesus, the Lion of the tribe of Judah."
Who/what is the Lion of the tribe of Judah?

I would like to see the Bible Study you are involved in, but my sense is that the symbolism stretches beyond this where you personally are concerned, possibly that part of your calling will be that He manifests Himself through you in authority, in fierceness in battle perhaps as well.

Thanks for the clarification on the context.

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. I know how you feel.

Some people are more emotional by nature and therefore more deeply effected by such things. I am one of them. I have found that God's intended plan was to place such types around those who love them, and can heal them from the hostility. Ultimately fellow believers were intended to serve this role (John 13:35), but it's not always the case. So your idea about the dogs is a good one. They are faithful, and can often supply what you lack from others.

You're welcome, and just keep going. If you keep believing Him to care for you and protect you, the day will come when you will look around and see how He has brought you to a place of healing and peace, free of the wounds you once felt so deeply.

Amen to that! We are in crazy times, and deception abounds! I prayed for discernment again today, along with many things, but the enemy and his minions are working to distract my prayers, so it is imperative to remain diligent. The Spiritual warfare is amping up. Daily I pray to be equipped with the full Armor.

I also continue to pray for my resentment and "jadedness" to leave me, as well, and for His Strength to draw on so I can get through.

I have thanked God many times for giving me that vision. I am aware of some reasons why He would- i.e. affirmations.

The encouragement and Biblical-based, anointed feedback is very appreciated.

Blessings!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Andre

May 17, 2018
Durban
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I would like to see the Bible Study you are involved in, but my sense is that the symbolism stretches beyond this where you personally are concerned, possibly that part of your calling will be that He manifests Himself through you in authority, in fierceness in battle perhaps as well.

The Bible study is being done through Precept Ministries International and they are based in America. This is a small extract of their mission statement. They can be found online.
"Precept Ministries International exists to establish people in God’s Word. In nearly 180 countries and 70 languages, our leaders are using the Inductive Bible Study Method and materials to show others how to: discover truth for themselves, know their God, and to become disciples of Jesus Christ."
I would like to thank you for your reply and wish you God's Blessings.
Andre.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I will just bring these in from the other thread.

1st dream of North Korea

I was in a building, full of North Koreans, it then started flooding in the building, it was like a ship sinking underwater but it was dry on the outside of this building, I escaped and someone else did by jumping out of a cracked window, everyone else drowned, then I saw a lady, she was fleeing from the building, she was flying, she kept flying and flying away, flapping her arms as hard as she could, then she wore out and was nearly just gliding, she made it over a few trees, and then suddenly convulsed and fell a long way down a sewer pipe and landed in between a large drain grate.

2nd dream of North Korea

Kim Jong Un all of sudden started shooting down his own shrine with small missiles and then after I saw this I was telling my parents and comparing it to the madness of Nebuchadnezzar.

----------------------------

I have been praying for North Korea over the past year or 2, and so have many others, especially South of the border in South Korea, I read something the other week how Churches South of the border were praying for them.

I believe as Christians when it comes to Nations like North Korea and Iran, our attitude in prayer should not be "nuke them" or let's go to war with them. I believe that is not the right way we Christians should respond, but I believe we are meant to pray for them in a loving and compassionate way "I pray for peace in North Korea, God help the people in North Korea change, I pray for unity between the North and the South, draw more people to you in the North, draw more there closer to you, help those that are already Christians there endure and spread the gospel to every corner of that nation." In Jesus name Amen. I believe that's the way Christians should be praying for those kinda of nations.
I saw this from another thread, and it was dated to mid-2017 if I am not mistaken, which is significant. The second dream suggests that what this dream prophesied may have been averted through prayer. But its meaning is as follows:

The building represents North Korea itself, the nation, with all its people contained inside this "building." This is because the government is very oppressive of its people, especially the Christians. It is considered to be the most oppressive government on earth against believers in Jesus Christ.

The "flooding" is a reference to Isaiah 59:19, and how "the enemy comes in like a flood." That it was "dry on the outside" is probably a reference to South Korea, a place of safety just outside the nation.

You and one other person escape; the rest drown - This is what gives the dream a distinctively negative tone, because this in not death in the positive sense of dying to self. The entire building dies, with the far greater likelihood of it meaning a type of spiritual death where all reject Christ. This is also suggested by the fact that only YOU and one other person escape. You are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. For you to be escaping means this not a revival type environment, but a spiritually deadly one.

That only a small amount of believers are getting out is also consistent with the articles I am finding.
North Korean defector describes 'life of hell' for Christians

The lady flying from the building is the truly disturbing part, and I why I am especially hoping this dream has been averted. It represents the church in N. Korea, now dead literally, and trying to ascend in spirit to be with God. Yet because the vast majority of Christians in N. Korea are lukewarm at the very best, they do not make it. Their spirits ascend only briefly yet fall back down to earth, and not just to the earth but down a sewer pipe (suggestive of demonic uncleanness, and therefore Hell), and then down to a large drain grate (the grate suggests the gates of Hell).

A thread I found on the superficial state of Christianity in North Korea. If they were to be persecuted to death, the hope is not great for them of going to be with God:
North Korea: How Christians survive in the world's most anti-Christian nation

The good news:

Your second dream suggests Satan's plan as depicted in the first dream may not go through. Nebuchadnezzar sought to utterly oppress God's people, yet because the Lord "raised up a standard" (Isaiah 59:19 again) in the form of Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar eventually ended up practically going out of his mind instead. This would also match well with Kim Jong Un, as he seems to be something of a megalomaniac, especially in light of the threats he's been making where nuclear arms are concerned.

These are my initial impressions of the two dreams taken together. If accurate, you have been very much doing the right thing in praying for the North Koreans. Hopefully they will continue to avoid a very tragic situation in their country.

Hey, Josho. I was watching a CNN special tonight on Kim Jong Un, and he shows symptoms of following in the footsteps of megalomaniacs like Hitler. Since taking office in 2012, he has had over 140 members of the government who were threats to his power assassinated, including members of his own family. These were all also people who he feared had ties to China, and might therefore be able to topple his throne. This is also a kid who took power in his twenties, which brings to mind someone like Caligula, who went stark raving crazy once power was concentrated in his hands.

It seems quite plausible that if he had ever come to view the church in N. Korea as a threat to him, he would have had them eliminated.

Just thought I'd share it. This is a really spooky dude.

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, everyone, in the wonderful name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I've recently become a member here at Christianity Board, and was sharing with some other charismatic members here how I move in the gift of dream interpretation. I wanted to open a thread for anyone who believes they might have received a dream or vision sent to them by God, and are curious to know what it means.

To those who dismiss dreams as not worthy of being taken seriously, scripture very clearly proves otherwise. Dreams and visions play very important roles in both the Old and New Testaments. I am humble with my gift, and simply present to people what I feel the proper interpretation is, and leave it at that. Most dreams explain themselves internally, such that I do not need to ask any questions. However, whenever this is not the case, I may ask questions to establish the context behind the symbolism being presented.

Should anyone prefer to send me something in private, please feel free to. That is fine as well.

Blessings in Christ Jesus,
Hidden In Him

Hidden in Him, my husband said I woke him up screaming last night. I remember it. It was many dreams of torment all night long. But when I screamed, I had looked up and saw a witch doctor crouched by our bed, his face to mine. He grabbed and I fought to keep him from pulling me out of the bed. I’ve never thought anything about a witch doctor. I had to explain what he looked like to my husband and when he said “that’s a witch doctor” I knew he was right. Crazy? The tomato sandwich before bed??

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hidden in Him, my husband said I woke him up screaming last night. I remember it. It was many dreams of torment all night long. But when I screamed, I had looked up and saw a witch doctor crouched by our bed, his face to mine. He grabbed and I fought to keep him from pulling me out of the bed. I’ve never thought anything about a witch doctor. I had to explain what he looked like to my husband and when he said “that’s a witch doctor” I knew he was right. Crazy? The tomato sandwich before bed??

Hey Victory
It looks like @Hidden In Him missed your post...
He is on Site because he has been posting a lot in the Fasting thread.

Maybe this tag @Hidden In Him ...will get his attention. :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

When I was younger I had dreams like that...horrid ones. After a while I learned to call out the name of JESUS while I was dreaming ie in my sleep.
I also would declare the power of The Blood of Jesus against dreams...during the dream. It works and stops them.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi, Victory! My apologies for not getting to this sooner. So much was going on today that if Grace hadn't posted on this thread I might have missed it.

These were in all likelihood demonic dreams. They can happen, and they can come from various sources. Looks like you are either doing something to upset the Devil somehow, or impinging upon his territory somewhere, so the demons protecting the territory (i.e. people) that you might effect for Christ were attacking you in your sleep. Could in fact be an actual witchdoctor, btw, as they are on the rise in the African continent and they do set their targets on Christians in the US for some strange reason that I'm not quite informed about enough just yet.

But dismiss them if you were worried they would be from God. Empower yourself in the Holy Spirit through prayer before you go to sleep tonight, and declare that you will not allow any demonic spirits to disturb you in your sleep. Bind the one/ones who appeared to you last night in the name of Jesus Christ, and mean it. That should do the trick. If they still dare to defy you let me know. It will just mean you need to stand even more firmly in faith against them until they are forced by the angels of God to peddle it to wherever it is they need to go.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Victory
It looks like @Hidden In Him missed your post...
He is on Site because he has been posting a lot in the Fasting thread.

Maybe this tag @Hidden In Him ...will get his attention. :)

Thank you, Helen. I did see an alert for a second and told myself I was going to come back to it. And then I forgot. :rolleyes:
When I was younger I had dreams like that...horrid ones. After a while I learned to call out the name of JESUS while I was dreaming ie in my sleep.
I also would declare the power of The Blood of Jesus against dreams...during the dream. It works and stops them.

Good word!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Victory! My apologies for not getting to this sooner. So much was going on today that if Grace hadn't posted on this thread I might have missed it.

These were in all likelihood demonic dreams. They can happen, and they can come from various sources. Looks like you are either doing something to upset the Devil somehow, or impinging upon his territory somewhere, so the demons protecting the territory (i.e. people) that you might effect for Christ were attacking you in your sleep. Could in fact be an actual witchdoctor, btw, as they are on the rise in the African continent and they do set their targets on Christians in the US for some strange reason that I'm not quite informed about enough just yet.

But dismiss them if you were worried they would be from God. Empower yourself in the Holy Spirit through prayer before you go to sleep tonight, and declare that you will not allow any demonic spirits to disturb you in your sleep. Bind the one/ones who appeared to you last night in the name of Jesus Christ, and mean it. That should do the trick. If they still dare to defy you let me know. It will just mean you need to stand even more firmly in faith against them until they are forced by the angels of God to peddle it to wherever it is they need to go.

That is creepy.

I have so many questions about demons, devils, and evil spirits. I won’t disrupt your thread though. Thank you for the reply.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not disrupting this thread. This thread is dormant, LoL. Ask away. :)

Okay, it is all very confusing. Beelzebulb- the name comes from the philistine god, Ekron. Beelzebulb is also associated with the Canaanite god, Baal. We know the passage in 1 Kings 18:25-28
[25] And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under . [26] And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it , and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made. [27] And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. [28] And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

Were these gods real? Or were they false gods? With no life in them. Because God says He will reveal our false gods and how they can not save us.

Simon had no power. He was fake. Acts 8:9-13 [9] But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: [10] To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God. [11] And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries. [12] But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. [13] Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Acts 19:26-28
[26] Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands: [27] So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth. [28] And when they heard these sayings , they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

Yet scripture does say: 2 Corinthians 4:4
[4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Does witchcraft really have power? Or is it fake...a lie. Will walking under a ladder really bring one bad luck? Will a broken mirror really be seven years bad luck?

Or do we give the power of suggestion? Like false gods worshipped instead of the living God that is able to save, that was touched by our infirmity: 1 Kings 18:36-39 “And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. [37] Hear me, O Lord , hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. [38] Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. [39] And when all the people saw it , they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord , he is the God; the Lord , he is the God.”

I’m sorry. It is a lot of questions...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were these gods real? Or were they false gods? With no life in them. Because God says He will reveal our false gods and how they can not save us.

The terms "false gods" and false prophets" don't mean that they aren't real but that they teach falsehoods. Behind every false god is a demon spirit, and sometimes they would manifest themselves to their followers, or the priests of the religion. This is why you see depictions of them on the walls of Egyptian temples, being half man half animal. This is a classic description of the way demons appear when they manifest, and we have modern accounts of those who have been taken into the spirit realm and seen the same thing. They are a particular class of demon associated with false religion.

Now, the idols that were made to represent them certainly have no life in them. But the "god" behind them was real, just as demons are real.
Simon had no power.

Actually, if you read the accounts of church historians from the 2nd century like Irenaeus, Simon actually had tremendous power, and went on to do far worse after the incident in Acts where Peter confronted him for being "subject to gall of bitterness, and the bond of iniquity" (references to being in bondage to demons). He went on to become a far worse magician, and even practiced levitation (if you believe the accounts). But there is little in the Acts account that suggests he was not a genuine sorcerer even during that time.

But if you are worried that they possess more power than God or God's servants, No. They do not.
Does witchcraft really have power? Or is it fake...a lie. Will walking under a ladder really bring one bad luck? Will a broken mirror really be seven years bad luck?

Well, you're describing very low grade magick here, LoL. But does strong demon-enforced magick have real power? Yes, over the unbeliever, because demons are set to work on that person's life, mind and circumstances. But the Christian has protection from such things, so long as they are truly walking close to God and not just playing religion in order to get by. This is why the seven sons of Sceva ran into real trouble when they were trying to cast out that demon, yet it was not a problem for the Christians.
Or do we give the power of suggestion?...
I’m sorry. It is a lot of questions...

I don't really understand your last question. But asking questions is not a problem. These questions are pretty basic so far.