Editing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings everyone, I'm new here, and I'm hoping that someone can tell me how long we have to go back and edit our posts after we've posted them :contemplate:

Thank you for your help!!

--Papa Smurf

Reactions: Nancy

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's ok, and thank you for asking someone else for me who does (know):vgood:

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5 minutes is the standard, but if you want to be given more time I can increase it.
Hello lforrest, that would be GREAT :) I often find myself posting pretty late at night and I end up making typos because I'm tired. 15 minutes would do, though 30 would be better (unless that's no pushing it too far), as I often notice my mistakes after leave and return to my computer for a last look/see at what I wrote.

Thank you :)

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t know there was a time limit !!!!
You must be a lot better about not making mistakes that I am :vgood: Of course, as a staff member, you probably don't have a time limit on editing (I didn't when I was a mod on a different forum a few years ago).

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @Lambano, I didn't understand that. One of the Christian forums that I post too pretty regularly now gives us 5 minutes to edit public posts AND PM's, and not a second more. I was never concerned about editing time until I started posting there.

--Papa Smurf

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Lambano isright I was looking at the wrong thing under permissions. There is no limit on when you can edit public posts. Conversations are 5 minutes, normally.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You must be a lot better about not making mistakes that I am :vgood: Of course, as a staff member, you probably don't have a time limit on editing (I didn't when I was a mod on a different forum a few years ago).

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
Looks like we are equal here, I definitely make mistakes when I type and often the predictive text helps me in making those mistakes !!!!