• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

We can make a correct judgement based on the outward expression given in words-whether they be from God, Christ, the Holy Spirit or "self"

good to hear from you brother
Johann.
And where did you get this pure and lovely truth from . THE BIBLE .
The problem is most aint getting their truth from THE BIBLE . Their truth , or what they consider truth
is coming from their own carnal wisdom and from carnal men went wrong .
The Bible no longer truly has FIRST PLACE over all books and wisdom anymore to the many .
ITS their men , their pastors and their own minds wisdom that has FIRST PRIORITY , LOVE over all .
The Truth in scripture is no longer what most feed from anymore . At most
they feed from pastors who might teach on tiny parts of it , TWISTING IT of course to their own agendas .
The BIBLE is far more important to know and learn THAN MOST FOLKS of today even dare to realize .
We should never have cast it aside for the knowledge of men .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS is our redemption , sanctification , wisdom , salvation , justification , savoir , the only name whereby one may be saved .
How dare wicked men teach its not necessary to BELIEVE ON HIM and teach rather
that muslims and buddists , atheists and others too know GOD and as long as they do them some good works they are fine .
I shudder in total terror for these liars . They have no idea the wrath they are heaping up unto themselves
on the day of wrath . My advice , BETTER Preach JESUS . Better teach the true gospel
Better tell them BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The problem is most aint getting their truth from THE BIBLE . Their truth , or what they consider truth
The Bible no longer truly has FIRST PLACE over all books and wisdom anymore to the many .
ITS their men , their pastors and their own minds wisdom that has FIRST PRIORITY , LOVE over all .
they feed from pastors who might teach on tiny parts of it , TWISTING IT of course to their own agendas .
The BIBLE is far more important to know and learn THAN MOST FOLKS of today even dare to realize .

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this how you see it? This is not a Church, this is an online Forum-you can't see me and I can't see you-and asking questions is not "hatred" for your "brother whom you don't know"
I never said that this was a church, and what was shared, is an individually implicated, spiritual principle, one insinuates in their life, because of faith towards God.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I never said that this was a church, and what was shared, is an individually implicated, spiritual principle, one insinuates in their life, because of faith towards God.
What I am noticing is mostly pontificating and philosophizing, arguing about Scriptures, don't take it personally brother.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What I am noticing is mostly pontificating and philosophizing, arguing about Scriptures, don't take it personally brother.
How does Christian freedom relate to Christian responsibility?

Paul says..."use not your Liberty for an occasion to the Flesh".

Use not your born again status, as "Under Grace" "made free from sin"... to choose to live carnally.

Is everything in nature "clean" or morally neutral (Rom. 14:14, 20)?

Paul teaches.."to the person who esteems anything as sin, then to them, it is sin"

So, "use not your understanding of God's Grace that frees you from Sin, to cause someone who is weak in faith, to do what harms their conscience, even tho it would not harm yours".
Paul said.."all things are Lawful to me, but not all things are expedient".

Why was the question of food so important at Corinth (cf. 1 Cor. 8, 10), remember Paul wrote Romans from Corinth?

1 Timothy 4:4-5

4 : """"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.

5: for IT = is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Explain the relationship between knowledge, freedom, and love in this chapter.

Knowledge that is the "Renewed mind" is ... "the Knowledge of God" which means that our mind and God's perspective of US as born again, a New Creation in Christ....., is the same mind.

Freedom "in Christ" is to become "made free from sin"... "servants of Righteousness', "not under the Law, but under Grace"

We are freed from the world system, and we are to "present our body as a living sacrifice to God" always, every waking moment.

On what should we base fellowship in the church?

All the born again are "one body of Christ".....so we are all joined together by becoming "In Christ' as one "temple of the Holy Spirit"

On what do we base our individual choices and actions?

Paul's doctrine
Our renewed conscious.
The word of God.
The Holy Spirit's direction.

How do our actions affect others? What does this demand of us?

We are to """abstain from the appearance of evil.""""
We are to be as holy in behavior when we are alone and no one is looking, as we are when you go to church or post on a forum, etc, etc.
We are to walk the walk of discipleship, always knowing that in us is Christ.
So, what we do, is understand .... that He is right there also when we do what we do......, and we are to have this understanding,.

How do we determine proper Christian ethics?

Paul
Christ's commandments
Our renewed conscience.
God's moral law.

Is it possible for mature Christians to disagree and both be acceptable to God?

Paul had a "brother in the Lord" and they had a disagreement about MARK, that was so violent, that they parted and never did the Bible show us that this was resolved between Paul and Barnabas.
Later, about 20+ yrs later, Paul brought Mark into His ministry and used Him, but not when Barnabas wanted Him to do it.

"can any two walk together, unless they be agreed"?

A.) not for long.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Being set free from sin, Romans 6:22, is the literal effect of the Blood of Jesus.

This is the "Victory" that Paul describes, that is the place of perfection, regarding a perfected discipleship.
To be born again is to have redemption from sin.
= > To no longer be under sin's power or dominion, which is caused by the Law.
"The Law is the power of Sin". 'The power of sin is the Law".,.

When Demas left Paul's ministry, He returned to the "world".
Did you notice that Paul never said he returned to his "sin", yet he returned to the same lifestyle he had before he was born again.

That's a mystery that is to be understood, regarding being in Christ, and being redeemed from all your sin.

The Deceived who have been taught ....>"your sin till the day of your salvation is paid for by Jesus, but now its ON YOUR BACK to sin confess your way clean, till the day you die". See 1 John 1:9 to discover how you can try to keep yourself saved, and good luck.

See that Lie? ????
Thats one of Satan's finest lies and " doctrine of devils.". And his liars will push 1 John 1:9 in you deeply, if you do not understand the BLOOD OF JESUS and why His""" one time Eternal Sacrifice as your sin bearer""", has redeemed you from all your sin.
Reader, when Jesus said to us from the Cross...>"it is finished"...>He was telling you the truth.
His "one time eternal Sacrifice""" paid for all your sin.
If you are confessing sin, then you have not understood what is "FINISHED", on the Cross.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Being set free from sin, Romans 6:22, is the literal effect of the Blood of Jesus.

This is the "Victory" that Paul describes, that is the place of perfection, regarding a perfected discipleship.
To be born again is to have redemption from sin.
= > To no longer be under sin's power or dominion, which is caused by the Law.
"The Law is the power of Sin". 'The power of sin is the Law".,.

When Demas left Paul's ministry, He returned to the "world".
Did you notice that Paul never said he returned to his "sin", yet he returned to the same lifestyle he had before he was born again.

That's a mystery that is to be understood, regarding being in Christ, and being redeemed from all your sin.

The Deceived who have been taught ....>"your sin till the day of your salvation is paid for by Jesus, but now its ON YOUR BACK to sin confess your way clean, till the day you die". See 1 John 1:9 to discover how you can try to keep yourself saved, and good luck.

See that Lie? ????
Thats one of Satan's finest lies and " doctrine of devils.". And his liars will push 1 John 1:9 in you deeply, if you do not understand the BLOOD OF JESUS and why His""" one time Eternal Sacrifice as your sin bearer""", has redeemed you from all your sin.
Reader, when Jesus said to us from the Cross...>"it is finished"...>He was telling you the truth.
His "one time eternal Sacrifice""" paid for all your sin.
If you are confessing sin, then you have not understood what is "FINISHED", on the Cross.

Now, Here is a mystery for many to unlock.
The Cross was raised 2000 yrs ago, and the effect of its Redemption is still saving people tomorrow and the day after.
There goes your sin.
Tomorrow and the next day.
You can thank Jesus for that., and should.

So...
When a believer says they confess sin a lot, its because they dont understand that "being MADE free from sin" = has occurred.
They read Romans 4:8, and then 2 Corinthians 5:19 that says that God does not charge sin, because "God made Jesus to be sin".
And then they wonder why those verses are in the bible, when they confess their next sin.
The Problem???? They are chasing what is already occurred, so, that's a big problem.
Imagine what God thinks of a believer who has been "made righteous" by the Cross of Christ, who is trying to confess sin to stay saved for years and years.

See, Its a real spiritual issue to be chasing for life, what you've already been given by God for Free.
"the Gift of Righteousness".
Most Christians are stuck in spiritual reverse, confessing sin....for life.

Are you ?????

"being now made free from sin,""" is not a process to chase, its a STATE of existence that has occurred that you have to BELIEVE.
And once you begin to get this revelation, you will then take your first step into the real walk of faith., as Hebrews 13:9 defines the ones that see the Light of God's Grace, and it also strictly defines those who never did, and what happened to them because they could not see.
Or would not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus said "apart from Me, you can do nothing".
To do "nothing" as a Believer means you are trapped in a mind that is un-renewed, and your understanding of Salvation is blank.
This saved yet carnal person reads..... "being now made free from sin" and they think......"but i sin and confess" "and so should you", never mind Jesus on the Cross.
So,... is the bible wrong or are they wrong?
Paul says they are "fallen from Grace".

Are you ?

Paul wrote almost all the epistles and never once did he say He confessed any sin.
He said he was blameless in the law before he was born again...., and at one point was trying to do by self righteousness what God did through the Cross of Christ for Him.
He got that revelation, and went from...>"poor man that i am, who will deliver me from this body of death" to..>"CHRIST always gives me the Victory.""" "

Later, Paul said.....I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me
Its..>"being now made free from sin"... and " "i am crucified with Christ.....it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in Me". and i am "in Christ".
See that?
That's the final answer.
That is Paul's old man crucified...... and Paul the born again "in Christ", now lives".
He found rest in the Grace of God, as the power of Christ in Him, and he stopped trying to do by effort (legalism) what God had already provided from inside him when He was born again.
And you should too.
Read Hebrews 13:9 until you live there, in your faith. , "having your HEART established by GRACE".

The strange thing is...as i mentioned before......is that .you have "believers" who believe they are suppose to be sinning and confessing.
They are sitting on a Pew, week after week, being told this by a devil deceived Legalist or from a commentary designed by a devil...., and isn't that a pity, that they are so deceived...
They actually Believe that: "this is Christianity". '"sin, confess, repent, repeat".

No thats not real Christianity., but Reader...... the Devil is happy that you believe it, if im talking to you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is very obvious.

Why i shared the scripture;

Because the scripture dont matter,

Really when your in your flesh.

Nothing personal taken.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why i shared the scripture;

Because the scripture dont matter,
Correct, Scriptures and the Christ is indissolubly echad/one-

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

1Co 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture doesnt matter in essence of the heart is what im saying.

A person can read scripture without the spirit snd they are just words.

Though, if you are moved and motivated by the motions if Agape love.

Not everyone really going to love that.

Jesus was motivated by agape love; for his Father and in foresight of the people of the World.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agape love

“Most scholars teach the two different Greek words agape and phileo, mean two different things, or at the very least, two different types of love (such as, I love my wife and I love pizza). However, this does not bear itself out in the Greek New Testament. The simple fact is that these two words are used interchangeably, both meaning love. If phileo means friendship and not godly love, then why does Christ use it in Revelation 3:19? "As many as I love, I rebuke."

Both words mean love and are used interchangeably.”

Courtesy:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesnt matter to me what they say @Michiah-Imla.

Why do you think it is so important for me take their word for it?

its just scholars.

I see there is a difference despite how smart they may be.

Agape love, is Gods love and the Love that God is.

Its the love that is heavenly and manfiested in those who are of God, and that love comes by and through the spirit.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The scripture doesnt matter in essence of the heart is what im saying.

A person can read scripture without the spirit snd they are just words.

Though, if you are moved and motivated by the motions if Agape love.

Not everyone really going to love that.

Jesus was motivated by agape love; for his Father and in foresight of the people of the World.
Correct, mere accumulative head knowledge will not be helpful in the studying of the Scriptures-

2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

And may I add-even unbelievers can show Agapao love toward their families-

We are to continually examining ourselves-

Psa_26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

1Co_9:3 Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,

1Co_11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

2Co_13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Reactions: MatthewG

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JESUS is our redemption , sanctification , wisdom , salvation , justification , savoir , the only name whereby one may be saved .
How dare wicked men teach its not necessary to BELIEVE ON HIM and teach rather
that muslims and buddists , atheists and others too know GOD and as long as they do them some good works they are fine .
I shudder in total terror for these liars . They have no idea the wrath they are heaping up unto themselves
on the day of wrath . My advice , BETTER Preach JESUS . Better teach the true gospel
Better tell them BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS .
That’s right brother. Sound it out. The only way to be saved is to believe on the biblical Lord Jesus.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

Reactions: Johann

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study it out.

You’ll see that the whole idea that “agape” love and phileo “love” are different is total nonsense!
I wanted to share this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg