entire sanctification is an obtainable goal.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some will be brought to that place of entire sanctification before the Lord comes; in order that the excuse given by unbelievers...that the church is full of hypocrites...might be stripped away.
That's an interesting thought, though I don't see things that way.

Does that mean that those who are not fully sanctified are hypocrits?

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's an interesting thought, though I don't see things that way.

Does that mean that those who are not fully sanctified are hypocrites?

Much love!
They might be considered to be hypocrites by the unbelieving world.

Any excuse to continue in a life of sin!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not without the element of sin dwelling in our mortal flesh as believers (1 John 1:8, Galatians 3:22).

Neither of those verses are about those who are already Christians. 1 John 1:9 is how to become a Christian. They are saying that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God BEFORE Christ.

Granted there are some who start out as repentant, but for whatever reason, chose to start fulfilling the lust of the flesh again. Only those who stay in the Spirit and walk therein, will inherit the kingdom of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither of those verses are about those who are already Christians. 1 John 1:9 is how to become a Christian.

Granted there are some who start out as repentant, but for whatever reason, chose to start fulfilling the lust of the flesh again. Only those who stay in the Spirit and walk therein, will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 10:8-13 is how to become a Christian.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, Samuel.

Though it does not say that Job was sinless, it says that he was perfect and upright.

And as for Samuel, see 1 Samuel 12:3-5.
agai, the word perfect can be translated mature

If Job and Samuel were sinless (not true) then they are the only two who ever earned salvation and did not need Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They might be considered to be hypocrites by the unbelieving world.

Any excuse to continue in a life of sin!
I see two reasons in Scripture, though I've heard many excuses. I don't see God refuting every excuse given by man, especially when God sees the truth in all men, and reveals Himself to each, I think.

John wrote that men don't want to come to the light because they don't want their own evil deeds exposed. And Paul wrote that men chose to forget about God rather than be thankful to Him.

I don't think people need an excuse. Yes, many say that the church is full of hypocrites, but that's just smokescreen. And even if you were to fully sanctify everyone in all churches, still the unthankful and the fearful will still make excuses.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 2:14 <fify>is the ongoing process and result of that redemption.

The Lord is most certainly able to completely do it for us in this life (see Romans 8:23, Galatians 4:5-7).

I know that I am dispersing knowledge while at the same time concealing it (Proverbs 15:7, Proverbs 12:23).

I think it will be sad if you don't avail yourself of this knowledge, however (by failing to look up the verses in question).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 10:8-13 is how to become a Christian.

There are many verses on how to become a Christian. But in context with 1 John 1:8, that unbeliever can be saved if they repent as in the next verse, verse 9.

What 1 John 1:8 and Galatians 3:22 have in common is that before Christ, even those under the law had sin in them, as it is only taken away in Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is most certainly able to completely do it for us in this life (see Romans 8:23, Galatians 4:5-7).

I know that I am dispersing knowledge while at the same time concealing it (Proverbs 15:7, Proverbs 12:23).

I think it will be sad if you don't avail yourself of this knowledge, however (by failing to look up the verses in question).
1st stop assuming things. It gets old
2nd. Stop thinking you have all knowledge its arrogant for anyone to think they have arrived to all knowledge they are right and everyone else is wrong
3rd. Yes jesus could do it in this life. by removing our free will.. I praise God he left my will in tact. and did not make me a robot.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agai, the word perfect can be translated mature

Again, the word mature or complete can therefore be translated perfect.

If Job and Samuel were sinless (not true) then they are the only two who ever earned salvation and did not need Christ.

They were not sinless although they were perfect. And no, they did not earn their salvation, they abode in Christ through faith (see 1 John 3:6, John 15:1-6). So they needed Christ as a branch needs the vine to bear fruit and be alive.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many verses on how to become a Christian. But in context with 1 John 1:8, that unbeliever can be saved if they repent as in the next verse, verse 9.
vs 9 does not tell us how to be saved, it tells ys how to restore fellowship John is speaking to already saved believers..

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2nd. Stop thinking you have all knowledge its arrogant for anyone to think they have arrived to all knowledge they are right and everyone else is wrong

See 1 John 2:20, 1 John 2:27, and 1 John 4:4-6. It is not arrogant according to those verses; it is merely believing His promises.

3rd. Yes jesus could do it in this life. by removing our free will.. I praise God he left my will in tact. and did not make me a robot.

Or, He can change our very nature so that our free will is inclined towards obeying Him (meditate on 2 Peter 2:22). If one is a dog or a swine, they are inclined toward vomit and mud. But if they are a sheep, they hate vomit and mud.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See 1 John 2:20, 1 John 2:27, and 1 John 4:4-6. It is not arrogant according to those verses; it is merely believing His promises.

Or, He can change our very nature so that our free will is inclined towards obeying Him (meditate on 2 Peter 2:22). If one is a dog or a swine, they are inclined toward vomit and mud. But if they are a sheep, they hate vomit and mud.
The pharisee used the same argument

so yes I do believe is arrogant to think you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Just saying.

also. It shuts down conversation. No one wants to converse with someone who thinks they know it all.