entire sanctification is an obtainable goal.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good.
This is a start to backing out of error, or recovering from error.

Read the Bible prayerful, continual prayer, always, every day. Meditating on God's Word even while reading or replying to posts,
doing laundry, doing dishes, cooking, walking, sitting, standing ... :) (re "Sit, Walk, Stand", an enlightening book of Scripture ideas only)
I think that you take it a bit too far when you add the laundry and doing dishes!:)

Reactions: Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that you take it a bit too far when you add the laundry and doing dishes!:)
Every moment of every day, awake, asleep, moving, sitting or standing still,
all the time, every time,
devoted, set apart to God, as HE DESIGNED all to be....
as seen in Hebrew Life and language. in The Bible.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi justbyfaith,

Just a comment on this part, perfect does not mean so much "morally excellent", more, "mature and complete".

Much love!

And "mature and complete" means "perfect." :cool:

We've had many threads on this topic about, during our earthly existence, what level of edification, sanctification and perfection is attainable.
I believe that as with any type of discipline, growth and maturity comes with experience and understanding. Whether one is training as an athlete, musician, lawyer or scholar, exposure to the craft, understanding the tenets and skill-sets required, and study and practice, trains the body and enlightens the mind. So, as we all know, the more that we read our Bibles, discuss and gather other opinions, pray and meditate on His Word, progression and edification is inevitable.

I guess the only question remains, is to what extent can we elevate our spirits and attain the full image of God?
I say, not perfection by any stretch of the mind, but I think as much effort as one puts in, will be the results, and God is willing to expedite this if one has the right amount of faith and humility.
In my opinion, thanks!

If you look at 1 John 3:6 and compare it to 1 John 2:17, I think that you will see that those who abide in Christ do not presently sin; and that it is also possible to abide for ever.

I don't really want to be difficult, but... :D

Can you identify at least one person, other than Christ Himself who has achieved entire sanctification (not just in faith, but in reality) in this life? Name one.

There are many saints who have obtained the second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15) of entire sanctification (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv)). But they do not seek their own glory, but the glory of the One who sent them (John 7:18); and therefore they do not go around advertising the fact that God has perfected them. They may speak of the fact that it is possible for God to perfect the ones whom they are speaking to.

And like I said before, for those claiming that sinless perfection is possible in this body,

"sinless perfection" is a misnomer intended to slander the doctrine as it stands, by claiming that those who claim to be sanctified wholly are claiming to be without sin. In all reality, we are claiming not that sin is eradicated from us; but that rather it is made dead within us: and that therefore it no longer has any say or authority over our behaviour or what we do.

No. I asked to name one person. I don't need to consult the Bible for the answer. I just need for someone to name just one person right now who has achieved entire sanctification. Achieving it "by faith" is not an acceptable answer for me.

You ought to consult the Bible for your answer; for it says, "Faithful is he that calleth you; who also will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24).

So, tell me of one person who has been able to achieve that to absolute perfection.

It is not something to be achieved but to be obtained, by faith in the working of the Father.

Actually 'perfect' has the meaning of complete.

And "complete" has the meaning of "perfect".

We do not see perfection, or entire sanctification from anyone around us, ever. Billy Graham, RC Sproul, John MacArthur, Paul Washer, Luther, Calvin, Augustine. Even the ascetics, Jerome, Francis D'Assis, former Luther, Friars, Dominicans, Benedictines, Mother Theresa. Name the scholar, theologian, monk, teacher or priest, and we can't count the imperfections.

I would simply say to this that those who abide in Christ do not sin (1 John 3:6) in the moments that they are abiding; and that it is possible to abide in Him for ever (1 John 2:17). But these men of the Lord may have had lapses in abiding, moments in which they did not abide. I would say that Billy Graham was quite impeccable in his character, I can't speak for the others that you mentioned.

You have quoted a lot of verses but they all do not add up to what you are promoting (a Wesleyan doctrine). In fact some of them mean something other that who you think.

The fact of the matter is that there is no Christian who is still on earth who can claim that he or she is sinlessly perfect. Those who do so simply deceive themselves.

That does not mean that Christians can do whatever they please. But it does mean that they should be honest with themselves before God. All the exhortations in the epistles are for Christians to faithfully walk in the Spirit and mortify the flesh. Which means that the old Adamic nature is always there.

Wesley was wrong?

If I claim to be without sin then I would be deceiving myself. But if I claim that sin is rendered dead within me, I have an accurate description of what it means to be sanctified. If I walk consistently according to the Spirit and not the flesh, then I am sanctified in the practical sense, as pertaining to what I do.

in his Plain Account of Christian Perfection Wesley remarks that there is no account of “any general state described in Scripture, from which a man cannot draw back to sin” (Wesley ch25).

Wesley was wrong here; I don't think he was accepting the plain meaning of 1 John 3:9 as it is interpreted by 2 Corinthians 3:12 (kjv).

So, we need to be born again of the Holy Spirit to receive the perfection which is contained in the righteousness of Christ which is given to us as a free, unearned gift.

Indeed. It is written,

2Co 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

But I think that in order to see this scripture as it was intended, you would have to look at it through the eyes of the Holy Spirit.

He has perfected for ever them that are "being sanctified", this is present tense, active voice, accusative case. This means that these being referred to, the ones being sanctified, this is happening now, and it is happening to us.

Hi @marks.

I consider that Hebrews 10:10 is inconsistent with this rendering; for it says that we have been sanctified in that verse. The context three to four verses later would therefore be referring to a sanctification that has already been accomplished.

However, I believe that it is also true that entire sanctification is ongoing; it is a continued work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Once the Lord has shed abroad His love in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (which is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us); it is of course true that He continues to shed abroad that love as we submit to and obey it in our lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and marks

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wesley was harmonious in what God revealed to him in line with God's Word. The plain simple true meaning is missed below. (underlined)

"Renniks said:
in his Plain Account of Christian Perfection Wesley remarks that there is no account of “any general state described in Scripture, from which a man cannot draw back to sin” (Wesley ch25)."

a reply:"Wesley was wrong here; I don't think he was accepting the plain meaning"

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And "mature and complete" means "perfect." :cool:

If you look at 1 John 3:6 and compare it to 1 John 2:17, I think that you will see that those who abide in Christ do not presently sin; and that it is also possible to abide for ever.

There are many saints who have obtained the second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15) of entire sanctification (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv)). But they do not seek their own glory, but the glory of the One who sent them (John 7:18); and therefore they do not go around advertising the fact that God has perfected them. They may speak of the fact that it is possible for God to perfect the ones whom they are speaking to.

"sinless perfection" is a misnomer intended to slander the doctrine as it stands, by claiming that those who claim to be sanctified wholly are claiming to be without sin. In all reality, we are claiming not that sin is eradicated from us; but that rather it is made dead within us: and that therefore it no longer has any say or authority over our behaviour or what we do.

You ought to consult the Bible for your answer; for it says, "Faithful is he that calleth you; who also will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24).

It is not something to be achieved but to be obtained, by faith in the working of the Father.

And "complete" has the meaning of "perfect".

I would simply say to this that those who abide in Christ do not sin (1 John 3:6) in the moments that they are abiding; and that it is possible to abide in Him for ever (1 John 2:17). But these men of the Lord may have had lapses in abiding, moments in which they did not abide. I would say that Billy Graham was quite impeccable in his character, I can't speak for the others that you mentioned.

Wesley was wrong?

If I claim to be without sin then I would be deceiving myself. But if I claim that sin is rendered dead within me, I have an accurate description of what it means to be sanctified. If I walk consistently according to the Spirit and not the flesh, then I am sanctified in the practical sense, as pertaining to what I do.

Wesley was wrong here; I don't think he was accepting the plain meaning of 1 John 3:9 as it is interpreted by 2 Corinthians 3:12 (kjv).

Indeed. It is written,

2Co 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

But I think that in order to see this scripture as it was intended, you would have to look at it through the eyes of the Holy Spirit.

Hi @marks.

I consider that Hebrews 10:10 is inconsistent with this rendering; for it says that we have been sanctified in that verse. The context three to four verses later would therefore be referring to a sanctification that has already been accomplished.

However, I believe that it is also true that entire sanctification is ongoing; it is a continued work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Once the Lord has shed abroad His love in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (which is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us); it is of course true that He continues to shed abroad that love as we submit to and obey it in our lives.
Reading your replies to everyone, I can't see anything that is not Biblically true. I think that being extremely Arminian or Calvinist is being unbalanced and taking one set of Scripture verses at the expense of others. Scripture must interpret Scripture, and so elements of Arminian and Calvinist theology are Biblical. But religious zealots tend to go to the extreme with their particular theological view and view all others as wrong (even heretics) while they are entirely correct. But if we take all Scripture into account, we come to a more balanced approach between saved today lost tomorrow, and once saved always saved regardless of behaviour.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If entire sanctification is obtainable this side of glory, can someone give me the name of just one living person who has obtained such? (Jesus not included).

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If entire sanctification is obtainable this side of glory, can someone give me the name of just one living person who has obtained such? (Jesus not included).

;) Oh I'm sure the O.P and the rest of them will at least claim to know of someone who has since they believe it so strongly. Just citing scripture that appears to say its possible is not enough. Its just words on a piece of paper in the end. True Christianity should be just as much about how things actually are, about the harsh reality of the world we live in, and not what people imagine it should be just based on a book.

Reactions: prism

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None. The Scripture says, "There is none righteous, no, not one" (Romans 3:10).

You apply this passage to Christians:

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

If this is Christianity, keep away from me!

Apparently, the devil is much more powerful than God, for regeneration and sanctification are a farce that cannot change the nature of a Believer. If God is too weak now to sanctify a make a Believer holy and fit for heaven, why would you have faith that He could do any such thing later? What would be your proof that He is able? Or is Death your Sanctifier, your hope of being fit for Heaven?

Reactions: Giuliano

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Entire Sanctification is only obtainable on the other side of glory, can anyone give me the name of anyone who has obtained such and what was the cause?

The Scripture has commands here and now (present tense/aorist tense) concerning sanctification/holiness/perfection. Can you show me where Scripture speaks of sanctification in the future tense in the Greek? Can you explain how an All Powerful and Holy God can command that we be so here and now, and is not able to do it? Is a Universal testimony of God's impotence to complete His will, evidence that He can do it later?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You apply this passage to Christians:

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

If this is Christianity, keep away from me!

Apparently, the devil is much more powerful than God, for regeneration and sanctification are a farce that cannot change the nature of a Believer. If God is too weak now to sanctify a make a Believer holy and fit for heaven, why would you have faith that He could do any such thing later? What would be your proof that He is able? Or is Death your Sanctifier, your hope of being fit for Heaven?
I think you're missing my point.
We will all be found guilty at the judgment because we have all sinned and the Bible says if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. That's a given. We must interpret Scripture with Scripture.
But at the judgment the sheep will be separated from the goats, Jesus made this clear. That's where the book of life will be opened to see whose name is in it.

We need to know exactly what Jesus did on the cross. He took the power and penalty of our sin upon Himself, so that as we fully trust Him by faith, when we come to judgment as sinners, Jesus will say, the penalty has been paid for us and the book of life will have yours and my name in it. And God's case against us will be dismissed. This is the confidence and boldness that we will have at the judgement.

But the presence of sin is still with us until then to keep us humble and always knowing that we are dependent on the grace and mercy of God, otherwise we could get puffed up with pride, and think we are holier than the next person.

That's what the gospel is all about. The trouble is that there are teachers incompetent in the Scrioture who muddy the waters and confuse people and make them feel condemned because of the struggles they have with the flesh. Sanctification is not self improvement it is growth in grace, faith and fellowship with God in the Spirit.

Reactions: prism

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will all be found guilty at the judgment because we have all sinned and the Bible says if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. That's a given. We must interpret Scripture with Scripture.

If you have a point, base it upon Scripture and do not twist it! Romans 3:10 is not directed towards the Christian, but to the lost state of those in the world that are not Christians.

I agree! All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. Yet, misusing Scripture to prove it does not work. Romans 3:10 does not say that Christians are not righteous, and are sinful. This is also why you should not rip 1 Jn. 1:8 out of its immediate and greater context with the same error!

John is speaking to the Gnostic problem in a mixed Church. Everything that precedes this in Chapter 1 speaks to it.

The Gnostics believes that what they did in the flesh did not affect the spirit, and they had no sin to be cleansed of. (v.6)

1 Jn. 1:7 says, "but if we walk in the light as he Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin." How much sin? All!

1 Jn 1:8 continues after saying this... "If we say we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."

If God has cleanses from "all sin" how much is left? No Christian has ever become a Christian by saying that God is wrong and they never needed the work of Christ to forgive them and cleanse them from all sin. But, the Gnostics did!

Sandwiched on the other side of 1:8, verse 9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." God not only forgives the repentant sinner, but also cleansed them from all unrighteousness! How much are Christians forgiven? All! How much does God cleanse them from? All! Two distinct acts, forgiveness is not cleansing. What John means by being cleaned of sin becomes obvious throughout his Epistle.

The question is, do you believe First John is "Scripture"? Is it inspired? Does God contradict Himself? Does God care if John contradicts himself in His name? Does John's inclusive rhetoric of "we" assume that he includes himself and all Christians? Or is he contrasting Christianity and Gnosticism to a mixed group?

Verse 10… "If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

Now is John saying that he, himself, is deceived in verse 8? That he had never repented or confessed his sins in verse 9? Not at all.

To understand what John is saying in 1 Jn. 1:8, we must look at the immediate context, and the greater context of the Epistle. You, along with many others use 1:8 to say that God not only does not cleanse us from all sin, but leaves us bound to sin; and at best, merely "forgives" us of all sin. You can try to force sin on Christians in defiance of what John said in the verse before and after verse 8, but you have to virtually turn Scripture on its ear to reconcile everything else John says in his First Epistle.

The apostle John writes in his First Epistle, “My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not.” (Gk, a singular act of sin.) (2:1). “And if any man sin” (not “when”). (2:1).., “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (2:4). “He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.” (2:10). “Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.” (3:6). “He that committeth sin is of the devil.” (3: 8). “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;” (3:9). Notice that this does not speak of maturity, advanced sanctification, education, etc., it speaks of the grace to not sin occurring at the New-Birth. “Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.” (3:7). “For whatsoever is born of God overcommeth the world: and this is the victory that overcommeth the world, even our faith.” (5:4). “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and the wicked one toucheth him not.” (5:18). “If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.” (1:6). John says point blank that sinning, or walking in the darkness was incompatible with being a Christian.

Do we have to twist everything that John said about the incompatibility of sinning and claiming to be a Christian so it fits what we demand of 1 Jn. 1:8? Or do we look at 1 Jn. 1:8 in light of everything that John said about sin and the Christian? Everything in First John points to a Gnostic problem that John was preaching to mixed crowd. First John 1:8 applies to those who thought that they did not need to be cleansed from all sin. John says that the mark of the Christian is that they walk in the light as He is in the light, that they have confessed their sins, and that sin was not necessary. John preached a victorious Christian life free from sin, and not a defeated "Christians are sinful and just sin a little less than they did before they were saved."

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to know exactly what Jesus did on the cross. He took the power and penalty of our sin upon Himself, so that as we fully trust Him by faith, when we come to judgment as sinners, Jesus will say, the penalty has been paid for us and the book of life will have yours and my name in it. And God's case against us will be dismissed. This is the confidence and boldness that we will have at the judgement.

Well, that is not "exactly" what Jesus did on the Cross. No passage in all of Scripture states that Jesus "paid the penalty" on the cross. If you are going to base an argument on Scripture and not some man-made theory of atonement.

But the presence of sin is still with us until then to keep us humble...

Then I guess if sin keeps us humble, then Satan is our example, for he has the most sin of all! May his humble example be ever before us!

Sanctification is not self improvement it is growth in grace, faith and fellowship with God in the Spirit.

Sanctification is grace, just as Salvation is grace. You don't grow into salvation anymore than you can grow into sanctification. When you are in that grace, then you grow in it.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you have a point, base it upon Scripture and do not twist it! Romans 3:10 is not directed towards the Christian, but to the lost state of those in the world that are not Christians.

I agree! All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. Yet, misusing Scripture to prove it does not work. Romans 3:10 does not say that Christians are not righteous, and are sinful. This is also why you should not rip 1 Jn. 1:8 out of its immediate and greater context with the same error!

John is speaking to the Gnostic problem in a mixed Church. Everything that precedes this in Chapter 1 speaks to it.

The Gnostics believes that what they did in the flesh did not affect the spirit, and they had no sin to be cleansed of. (v.6)

1 Jn. 1:7 says, "but if we walk in the light as he Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin." How much sin? All!

1 Jn 1:8 continues after saying this... "If we say we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."

If God has cleanses from "all sin" how much is left? No Christian has ever become a Christian by saying that God is wrong and they never needed the work of Christ to forgive them and cleanse them from all sin. But, the Gnostics did!

Sandwiched on the other side of 1:8, verse 9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." God not only forgives the repentant sinner, but also cleanses them from all unrighteousness! How much are Christians forgiven? All! How much does God cleanse them from? All! Two distinct acts, forgiveness is not cleansing. What John means by being cleaned of sin becomes obvious throughout his Epistle.

The question is, do you believe First John is "Scripture"? Is it inspired? Does God contradict Himself? Does God care if John contradicts himself in His name? Does John's inclusive rhetoric of "we" assume that he includes himself and all Christians? Or is he contrasting Christianity and Gnosticism to a mixed group?

Verse 10… "If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

Now is John saying that he, himself, is deceived in verse 8? That he had never repented or confessed his sins in verse 9? Not at all.

To understand what John is saying in 1 Jn. 1:8, we must look at the immediate context, and the greater context of the Epistle. You, along with many others use 1:8 to say that God not only does not cleanse us from all sin, but leaves us bound to sin; and at best, merely "forgives" us of all sin. You can try to force sin on Christians in defiance of what John said in the verse before and after verse 8, but you have to virtually turn Scripture on its ear to reconcile everything else John says in his First Epistle.

The apostle John writes in his First Epistle, “My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not.” (Gk, a singular act of sin.) (2:1). “And if any man sin” (not “when”). (2:1).., “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (2:4). “He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.” (2:10). “Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.” (3:6). “He that committeth sin is of the devil.” (3: 8). “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;” (3:9). Notice that this does not speak of maturity, advanced sanctification, education, etc., it speaks of the grace to not sin occurring at the New-Birth. “Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.” (3:7). “For whatsoever is born of God overcommeth the world: and this is the victory that overcommeth the world, even our faith.” (5:4). “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and the wicked one toucheth him not.” (5:18). “If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.” (1:6). John says point blank that sinning, or walking in the darkness was incompatible with being a Christian.

Do we have to twist everything that John said about the incompatibility of sinning and claiming to be a Christian so it fits what we demand of 1 Jn. 1:8? Or do we look at 1 Jn. 1:8 in light of everything that John said about sin and the Christian? Everything in First John points to a Gnostic problem that John was preaching to mixed crowd. First John 1:8 applies to those who thought that they did not need to be cleansed from all sin. John says that the mark of the Christian is that they walk in the light as He is in the light, that they have confessed their sins, and that sin was not necessary. John preached a victorious Christian life free from sin, and not a defeated "Christians are sinful and just sin a little less than they did before they were saved."
nice imo

Reactions: Giuliano

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post, and many good post here. but addressing the op, as for me to fulfil your topic question,"entire sanctification is an obtainable goal", YES, when on fully surrender to God, the Lord Jesus. when we give up ......... "US", .... "OUR" ...... "OWN".... "WAYS", then this goal of sanctification is obtainable, only in him as s poster said. that's if we "surrender" to him.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Candidus

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Entire Sanctification is only obtainable on the other side of glory, can anyone give me the name of anyone who has obtained such and what was the cause?

The Scripture has commands here and now (present tense/aorist tense) concerning sanctification/holiness/perfection. Can you show me where Scripture speaks of sanctification in the future tense in the Greek? Can you explain how an All Powerful and Holy God can command that we be so here and now, and is not able to do it? Is a Universal testimony of God's impotence to complete His will, evidence that He can do it later?
Thanks for not answering my challenge.
To answer your question...
1 Corinthians 15:51-54 NKJV
[51] Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed- [52] in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. [54] So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for not answering my challenge.
To answer your question...
1 Corinthians 15:51-54 NKJV
[51] Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed- [52] in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. [54] So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."

Thanks for the backhand of fellowship!
Perhaps you realize that Glorification follows salvation, sanctification, and death (or resurrection). Putting off mortality and putting on immortality is not sanctification. When you die, there are no second chances.

"Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, render to every man according to what he has done." Rev. 22:10-12.

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:" Heb. 12:14.