Environmentalism-a religion of deception

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
I just saw a depressing commercial for www.mywwf.org about the panda bear's population decreasing and how we have to help them. This environmentalism is just another religion, where their god is the environment and humans are their enemy;and humans, as the enemy, have to pay for their sins against their god, the environment. Panda bears are just one of their pawns they use in which to spread their deception. I had just recently heard that the panda bear population was increasing so when I did a google search to prove that, I found that information right on one of their sites :www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_we_do/species/about_species/species_factsheets/polarbear/pbear_population_distribution/index.cfmOther doctrines of this religion incude global warming, no drilling for oil in our land or coasts or no clearing forests. GOD gave us this land to be good stewards of, yet the people of this religion do everything they can to prevent us from doing this. We have got to take a stand! If we think of this movement as a religion, then maybe, we can use their warped separation of church and state argument against them, as they do to us when we try to keep GOD's morality in our society. This would help keep them out of government so we can finally use common sense and drill for oil off our shores,where other countries are drilling and reselling the oil to us.Thank GOD,I know that our GOD is in control and our milleniiam and eternal home will be on this earth( Rev 21 & Rev 22). I just pray for those who have not come to this truth and believe in this religion of deception.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I just posted about this yesterday! Yes it really is annoying and sad people are becoming so obsessed with "saving the planet" as if they have any power over Gods creation. Its so egotistical to think that humans are changing the environment! A religion is exactly what it has become, you must "believe" in global warming.

its_victoria08

Mar 28, 2008
I completely agree with you. God will end this world when He is good and ready. Humans have no power over that, and trying to obtain that power is absurd and very, very conceited.

aotn

Mar 31, 2008
But we're not trying to obtain power. People who are concerned about the environment are looking at scientific data and saying "If we keep living this way, we're going to ruin our earth." It's not a religion at all- it's just caring for the world that God gave us, and the creatures that dwell within it, and recognizing that our destructive behaviour is hurting the earth.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(aotn;43840)
But we're not trying to obtain power. People who are concerned about the environment are looking at scientific data and saying "If we keep living this way, we're going to ruin our earth." It's not a religion at all- it's just caring for the world that God gave us, and the creatures that dwell within it, and recognizing that our destructive behaviour is hurting the earth.
nothing wrong with this at all, unless of course people are worshipping creation-vs-The Creator. And even though we can make a concerted effort to save what is left of the earth, it will not stop its ultimate destruction. For as we know man became corrupt and the earth and all that is in it has been corrupted by man.

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
I really get a kick out of the air hand dryers in public restrooms. Their claim is that they are better for the environment because they keep trees from being cut down. I doubt that they use entire trees to make hand towels, it is probably waste from things like lumber production. Plus, if you were to follow that extension cord all that way back to the power station, I would guess that this is more environmentally unfriendly than our paper towels, which could be recycled.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(blessed1195;43188)
I just saw a depressing commercial for www.mywwf.org about the panda bear's population decreasing and how we have to help them. This environmentalism is just another religion, where their god is the environment and humans are their enemy;and humans, as the enemy, have to pay for their sins against their god, the environment. Panda bears are just one of their pawns they use in which to spread their deception. I had just recently heard that the panda bear population was increasing so when I did a google search to prove that, I found that information right on one of their sites :www.panda.org/about_wwf/what_we_do/species/about_species/species_factsheets/polarbear/pbear_population_distribution/index.cfmOther doctrines of this religion incude global warming, no drilling for oil in our land or coasts or no clearing forests. GOD gave us this land to be good stewards of, yet the people of this religion do everything they can to prevent us from doing this. We have got to take a stand! If we think of this movement as a religion, then maybe, we can use their warped separation of church and state argument against them, as they do to us when we try to keep GOD's morality in our society. This would help keep them out of government so we can finally use common sense and drill for oil off our shores,where other countries are drilling and reselling the oil to us.Thank GOD,I know that our GOD is in control and our milleniiam and eternal home will be on this earth( Rev 21 & Rev 22). I just pray for those who have not come to this truth and believe in this religion of deception.
Being wise stewards does not give us the right to kill off species, contaminate the air and water without limit. Stewardship involves responsibility. That is the essence of it. If you just exploit without being responsible that isn't stewardship but insanity.Environmentalism can be good. We should protect the environment in order to preserve it for future generations. There are extremists in the environmental movement, but the whole movement should not be judged by the lunatic fringe. Their existence does not make environmentalism bad in the same way that people who call themselves Christians and fire bomb abortion clinics does not make Christianity a violent religion.There is propaganda being poured out on all sides. Hopefully there is still some middle ground that will preserve what we take for granted for our descendants. The biggest danger today is that many millions of people live a marginal existence where the realities of a sick planet can cost them their lives. They become casualties if we sit on our thumbs and do nothing and as Christians we have to wonder whether this is what Jesus desires for them. Death by starvation or bad water due to flooding is a painful way to go.Wars are going to be fought over food. This is not in the distant future. It is on the horizon now. Hundreds of millions of lives depend on how we choose to react. Maybe there closet Darwinians among you who believe in the survival of the fittest, but it isn't scriptural doctrine. We are told to be caring, compassionate and giving. However, we may not be in a position to help if we are forever fighting wildfires, dealing with floods, droughts and heat waves in our own backyard.Lots is at stake. We had better be right because we may not get another chance.

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
For many enviornmentalists their religion is "Mother Nature" and they are "The Saviors" .They present a "plan of salvation" for "Mother Earth".Think about it.Arnie M.

wasgehtwasgeht

Apr 3, 2022
Glendale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that even though environmentalists and Christians have a different approach they want the same thing when it comes to the environment. They both want to take care of God's creation. And in the end God is going to decided when it all ends, and nobody can change that. But for now Christians have to take care of his creation and act responsible.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that even though environmentalists and Christians have a different approach they want the same thing when it comes to the environment. They both want to take care of God's creation. And in the end God is going to decided when it all ends, and nobody can change that. But for now Christians have to take care of his creation and act responsible.
But not to extremes as is being done now for the past few decades.

God will give us, after perhaps temporarily healing this one during the millennium reign a brand new earth, this old earth will cease to exist, it is described as being pushed away, fleeing away from the presence of God, and also like God changing his clothes, as in this earth will be discarded into the trash bin, it will cease to exist, it will be converted to energy I suppose, with Peter saying it will all burn up even the elements it is made from.
The new earth will all be new, nothing of the old one will be recycled.
Even Christians having their new spirits in Christ will get new bodies.
The reason for the the all newness theme, is the old heavens and earth are tainted having had the presence of evil things at work in them due to the work of Satan and the fall in Eden.

Hebrews 1
10 And:
“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You remain;
And they will all grow old like a garment;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them up,
And they will be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not fail.”

2 Peter 3:12-14
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Revelation 20
The Great White Throne Judgment
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
All Things Made New
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you must "believe" in global warming.

Hi Mikey,

Indeed believing burning fossil fuels is somehow 'warming the planet" takes faith as their 'science' is a direct violation of the second law of thermodynamics.. Pure fantasy based on the ridiculous notion that Venus was warmed up to its current temps by co2.. Fantasyland...

Peace!