Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal security, or as i prefer, perseverance of the saints is Biblical, and works hand in hand with the doctrine of election. Who could believe that those who God chose to save, could ever fall away?? Its literally impossible. The Elect WILL be saved.

The miracle of creating the universe is no less than the miracle of when someone is saved. There is celebration in Heaven at each person becoming a new person, born again.

Reactions: farouk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who cares since we both agree that you have to continue to believe in order to appear with him when he returns.
And once again, every time you do this, put your words into my mouth, even though we've discussed this . . . whethere than make a statement, let me as the question.

Do you think that is an honest practice?

My point on this thread is quite apart from your thoughts on the "necessity to 'keep believing' to 'keep being saved'". My point on this thread is to comment on the certainty that those who are raised with Christ will appear with Him.

The clear implication here is that those who are raised with Christ do in fact "keep believing", although the way you word that shows a discinct difference in how you and I view salvation, and rebirth.

Still, when you reword things and attribute your wording to me, well, I know what that is.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There were people who heard the word but had it snatched up by the birds of the air, and Satan took away what they had
who are the birds of the air?
You have some who heard the word and received it with gladness but the sun scorched the sprouted seed up
what does the sun represent here?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk do you have anything to say about the sun, and birds in the respect of what Jesus taught in Matthew 13? That what Mr. bbyrd was asking me about. If you do have any insights please share because I am interested in hearing them, thank you.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk do you have anything to say about the sun, and birds in the respect of what Jesus taught in Matthew 13? That what Mr. bbyrd was asking me about. If you do have any insights please share because I am interested in hearing them, thank you.
@MatthewG I do think verse 23 of Matthew 13 corresponds to the true believer's experience: the good ground, which receives the Word which takes root and is not plucked up or stifled.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don’t know. What are your thoughts on that matter? Is it still applicable today?
dunno, but fly like birds is in an Isaiah translation…31:5, and i guess also in Psalms, 55:6
and we have enough believers think they are gonna fly away i guess, huh
“sun” usually minds me of “cult of sol

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point on this thread is to comment on the certainty that those who are raised with Christ will appear with Him.
We all agree with this.
I agree with this.
Everybody who is raised with Christ is a believing person, not a person who never believed, and not a former believer.
So of course every believing person is raised with Christ and will appear with him, lol! That's not what's in dispute.

Reactions: Wynona

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, every time you do this, put your words into my mouth, even though we've discussed this . . .
So you think that unbelievers can be among the saved too?
I guess I forgot that you hold to that stupidest of stupid theologies.
Do you?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point on this thread is quite apart from your thoughts on the "necessity to 'keep believing' to 'keep being saved'".
Then your point is quite apart from the undeniable fact that the Bible exhorts us to keep believing, lol.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dunno, but fly like birds is in an Isaiah translation…31:5, and i guess also in Psalms, 55:6
and we have enough believers think they are gonna fly away i guess, huh
“sun” usually minds me of “cult of sol

I don’t know what most people believe here about the afterlife. Guess it would really depend on the context.

Here are the answers as Jesus stated then accordingly.

4“ And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away.

“18 Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:4-6, 18-21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Not all cases but in some fowls of the air or birds of the air is a statement or metaphor for evil.

Hope this helps you,
Matthew

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all agree with this.
I'm not thinking you speak for everyone, and in so many times you've elected to speak for me, well, it's been lacking, let's leave it at that.

You do everything EXCEPT to actually engage with the statements of the passage I'm quoting.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think that unbelievers can be among the saved too?
I guess I forgot that you hold to that stupidest of stupid theologies.
Do you?
Right on down to denigration.

Because it's a lot easier then dealing with That Passage.

So, deflect into . . . this.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
bc we have eaten the fruit of the tree of knowledge?
It is "the tree of the knowledge of GOOD AND EVIL". Only Adam and Eve ate of that fruit, but as a result they brought sin and death upon humanity.

Reactions: marks