• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Patrick1966,​

Just curious here, and have no intention to say or react, but interested, in what is your Denomination that closest describes how you believe?

I have no idea. I was a Catholic for the first 50 years of my life. Some of their doctrines didn't make sense to me and so I picked up a Bible and unlearned much of what I was taught. I also discovered that most English Bible translations contradict themselves. That is when I learned about the mistranslations that gave us false doctrines such as forever punishment.

Reactions: GodisSpirit

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea. I was a Catholic for the first 50 years of my life. Some of their doctrines didn't make sense to me and so I picked up a Bible and unlearned much of what I was taught. I also discovered that most English Bible translations contradict themselves. That is when I learned about the mistranslations that gave us false doctrines such as forever punishment.
We all have to start somewhere and I am happy that you have made it this far.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Jesus is incapable of persuading all beings to repent and follow him?
God is capable of doing anything He desires. But, since He claims to be the same yesterday, today, and forever, we should only believe what we know for a fact. I know some Verses almost give us lead way to presume many things. But, as a whole, that is how we base each Verse. Here is the Bible, this is the intent of the Bible, and here are the key points and highlights. All Scripture meaning should be held within those parameters.

This is how False Doctrines are created when we read one Verse, even though it has Verses before and after, and those Verses help us to see the One Verse clearer. But in a Doctrine, it's so far out of context, you know it can never be of God.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have to start somewhere and I am happy that you have made it this far.

Thanks but I have always believed in Jesus and that we must follow his commandments, including trying to love one another. That's all one needs to believe and do to be saved. Doctrinal knowledge doesn't matter.

Reactions: GodisSpirit

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they too will be under his feet. They will repent and follow Jesus.
Angels are incapable of changing their minds once they made a decision.
So, how do you suppose God will allow them to repent when they don't want to and know their destiny?

Jesus, [[did not Die]] for the Angels.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels are incapable of changing their minds once they made a decision.

I believe that God transformed angels into Satan and "fallen" angels and is using them for our education and edification. After all, God doesn't produce bad fruit. Jesus himself said that a good tree CANNOT produce bad fruit. Therefore, the only rational explanation is that God transformed them, and it makes perfect sense.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is your belief that all people will be with God?
No, I believe what God said:

19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God

These PEOPLE, in Verses 19-21, made up their minds and God has given them EVERY chance to change.
You only get to the moment you die to Choose.
Those, who deny and reject God, once they die, it's over forever.

LOOK what God says about them:
So they are without excuse.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I believe what God said:

19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God

These PEOPLE, in Verses 19-21, made up their minds and God has given them EVERY chance to change.
You only get to the moment you die to Choose.
Those, who deny and reject God, once they die, it's over forever.

LOOK what God says about them:
So they are without excuse.

Ok, so you DO believe that God's will can and will be circumvented and that Jesus will FAIL to save ALL people as God willed him to do.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so you DO believe that God's will can and will be circumvented and that Jesus will FAIL to save ALL people as God willed him to do.
How can God fail?
First of all, He don't need anyone of us.
He is only giving us a chance because He truly desires for those Who love Him to be in a Relationship with Him.
People, who reject God, will never love God.
And God don't need them.
He gave them a chance and they blew it.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can God fail?
First of all, He don't need anyone of us.
He is only giving us a chance because He truly desires for those Who love Him to be in a Relationship with Him.
People, who reject God, will never love God.
And God don't need them.
He gave them a chance and they blew it.

My brother it is God's will that Jesus save ALL people and that's exactly what he did on the cross! Some do get sent to the Lake of Fire, but it is for correction and purifying and thereafter they too will join us in Heaven with God.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother it is God's will that Jesus save ALL people and that's exactly what he did on the cross! Some do get sent to the Lake of Fire, but it is for correction and purifying and thereafter they too will join us in Heaven with God.
It was God's Will to heal and do miracles in Nazareth, but look what happened:

Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

If Jesus, GOD, in the flesh, cannot do Miracles, when He is God, because of Lack of Faith, He won't force people to go to Heaven who want to reject Him.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was sanding my basement ceiling today, Aug 5 2023. I wrapped a sheet of sandpaper around a wooden block and I rubbed away with my hand. During this, I listened to interviews of Christian Universalists David Bentley Hart, Gary Amirault, Gerry Beauchemin, Rob...in Parry (not to be confused with Rob Bell), etc.

I got ceiling dust in my eyes and it physically hurt. Reminded me of the Parable of "The Dust In A Person's Eye"

```Matthew 7:3-5. CEV 3 You can see the speck in your friend's eye, but you don't notice the log in your own eye. 4 How can you say, “My friend, let me take the speck out of your eye,” when you don't see the log in your own eye? 5 You're nothing but show-offs! First, take the log out of your own eye; then you can see how to take the speck out of your friend's eye. ```

After regaining my vision, I realized. Sandpaper is rough. Yet, when rubbed on a surface, makes it smooth. Life is rough. Yet, when we suffer, we gain character, smoothness. Romans 5:3-5. This leads all to hope, faith alone in the carpenter's son, Son of God, Jesus Christ. Matthew 13:55, which saves us all.

Why did God permit the false doctrines of Infernalism/Annihlationism to spread? Would the people I mentioned above be on Youtube videos about UR if UR was so obvious that everyone knew it?

Because of the rough suffering many experienced from ECT/CI, content creators have material to work with, arguments to rebuttal and praises to God, thus smoothness.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sanding my basement ceiling today, Aug 5 2023. I wrapped a sheet of sandpaper around a wooden block and I rubbed away with my hand. During this, I listened to interviews of Christian Universalists David Bentley Hart, Gary Amirault, Gerry Beauchemin, Rob...in Parry (not to be confused with Rob Bell), etc.

I got ceiling dust in my eyes and it physically hurt. Reminded me of the Parable of "The Dust In A Person's Eye"

```Matthew 7:3-5. CEV 3 You can see the speck in your friend's eye, but you don't notice the log in your own eye. 4 How can you say, “My friend, let me take the speck out of your eye,” when you don't see the log in your own eye? 5 You're nothing but show-offs! First, take the log out of your own eye; then you can see how to take the speck out of your friend's eye. ```

After regaining my vision, I realized. Sandpaper is rough. Yet, when rubbed on a surface, makes it smooth. Life is rough. Yet, when we suffer, we gain character, smoothness. Romans 5:3-5. This leads all to hope, faith alone in the carpenter's son, Son of God, Jesus Christ. Matthew 13:55, which saves us all.

Why did God permit the false doctrines of Infernalism/Annihlationism to spread? Would the people I mentioned above be on Youtube videos about UR if UR was so obvious that everyone knew it?

Because of the rough suffering many experienced from ECT/CI, content creators have material to work with, arguments to rebuttal and praises to God, thus smoothness.
Think of the character of a god that is all knowing, and predestined all things according to his will and plans for humanity who then creates an eternal place of excruciating suffering for those he did not predestine to salvation. All before the foundation of a world where his plan was that people would need to be saved..... from him.

Because the Devil doesn't judge and determine people's eternal destiny.
And do remember, in the Bible God killed more people than Satan did.

Some only know God from what they've read in a book. If they think about that they may realize his personality is the same as ours.
Image and likeness.

Why was the Bible written?
Control.

Why was religion invented?
Control.