EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dr A T Robertson

But Esau I hated (ton de Esau emisēsa). This language sounds a bit harsh to us. It is possible that the word miseō did not always carry the full force of what we mean by “hate.” See Mat_6:24 where these very verbs (miseō and agapaō) are contrasted. So also in Luk_14:26 about “hating” (miseō) one’s father and mother if coming between one and Christ. So in Joh_12:25 about “hating” one’s life. There is no doubt about God’s preference for Jacob and rejection of Esau
Gods hate of a person is Just, its rejection of them on a Just ground.

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak evil of God friend. Again all of us are born sinners and deserve hell, yet God has decided to have mercy on some to Magnify His Grace and some He decided to give them what we all deserved, wrath and hell.
I'm defending God of evil, rather. Yes we were all born sinners, and you claim God wanted it that way. That this was His desire for man, the evil would engulf them, and overcome many.

Much love!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your personal views are against what God teaches in His Word!
Thats your opinion which means absolutely nothing to me friend. But Gods Love is found only in Christ, and not all are in Christ, just Gods elect. Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Love of God here has the definite article in the greek, denoting its exclusively in Christ,

οὔτε ὕψωμα οὔτε βάθος οὔτε τις κτίσις ἑτέρα δυνήσεται ἡμᾶς χωρίσαι ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν

Now all sinners outside of Christ, He hates them and rejects them. The esaus of world are outside of Christ so they are hated, rejected and under the curse

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm defending God of evil, rather. Yes we were all born sinners, and you claim God wanted it that way. That this was His desire for man, the evil would engulf them, and overcome many.

Much love!
Yep you speaking evil against God friend, all men are hell deserving sinners, and you have a problem with Him only purposing to save some, and the rest He purpose to punish them for their sins.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and you have a problem with Him only purposing to save some, and the rest He purpose to punish them for their sins.
No, I don't think you are paying attention to what I'm saying. Where I disagree is where you say it was God Who wanted man to sin, and that's why man sinned. Because it was what God caused to happen.

Unless it's me who is misunderstanding you, I'd like to think I am!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The disobedience was appointed by the decree of God.
Here.

You say God decreed man to disobey Him. Is that right? That man's sin was determined to happen ahead of time by God? God intended from the beginning that man would sin, because God wanted it that way?

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding you!

Much love!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't think you are paying attention to what I'm saying. Where I disagree is where you say it was God Who wanted man to sin, and that's why man sinned. Because it was what God caused to happen.

Unless it's me who is misunderstanding you, I'd like to think I am!

Much love!
I never said a thing about God wanting man to sin. I said that all men are sinners, and God purposed to have mercy on some sinners and save them from their sins, and He purposed not to have mercy on some sinners but rather to punish them for their sins.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here.

You say God decreed man to disobey Him. Is that right? That man's sin was determined to happen ahead of time by God? God intended from the beginning that man would sin, because God wanted it that way?

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding you!

Much love!
Yes God decreed men to disobey Him, He appointed them to disobey the word 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said a thing about God wanting man to sin. I said that all men are sinners, and God purposed to have mercy on some sinners and save them from their sins, and He purposed not to have mercy on some sinners but rather to punish them for their sins.
The disobedience was appointed by the decree of God. John 3:16 is about who it is Christ exclusively loved and died for, them that believe.
What did you mean here?

Much love!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Love of God here has the definite article in the greek, denoting its exclusively in Christ

this shows that you DO NOT KNOW what you are talking about, because the use of the Greek article here has NOTHING to do with "exclusively in Christ"! This is YOUR PERSONAL view!

Now show me from the Greek grammar, that what I say is incorrect.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this shows that you DO NOT KNOW what you are talking about, because the use of the Greek article here has NOTHING to do with "exclusively in Christ"! This is YOUR PERSONAL view!

Now show me from the Greek grammar, that what I say is incorrect.
The only Love God has for anyone is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Definite article shows the exclusiveness of Gods Love, In Christ Jesus Now the definite article is used for specification,

particularize,

Outside of Jesus Christ God has no love for mankind, but Hate

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like taking PLEASURE in the fall of mankind as taught by the Reformed WCF!!! Which is BLASPHEMY!
Listen to me, whatever happened in the garden with Adam, Eve, the serpent, was purposed and decreed by God, all was according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ established before the world began Eph 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: