Excellent explanation: A new covenant perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good message by Dr. Andrew Farley.

When I discovered this guy, I spent years watching all his services, teachings...and he also has a Q&A on my radio station for an hour on Sunday afternoons. I've called in a few times :) Learned so much through him. There are maybe a couple things I might not totally agree with him but the important things, yes indeed!

Reactions: Debp

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I discovered this guy, I spent years watching all his services, teachings...and he also has a Q&A on my radio station for an hour on Sunday afternoons. I've called in a few times :) Learned so much through him. There are maybe a couple things I might not totally agree with him but the important things, yes indeed!

As I told Deb earlier....I have been checking out and learning from some AMAZING Teachers over the last 40 years and Farley is the best .....also check out Renee Roland on you tube and Les Feldick....Solid, Biblical Teachers are a Gift from God and if one does not take advantage of them , it is “ their” loss.....
The Bible can be a very dangerous Book....most people think they can slug their way through it and be okay.....not so....most people come away with a brain full of religious Mush —- I know that I did. I readily admit and, in fact , rejoice in the fact that their are Smarter people than me out there that have been blessed by God to have a better understanding of God's Word than me.....and I ain’t no slouch .....lol.....

Reactions: Debp and Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good message by Dr. Andrew Farley.

I see he pointed to a single principle, but skipped the New Covenant portions, such as Baptism, Receiving the Holy Spirit thru Praying on a Person, Taking the Sacrament, Works worthy of the salvation: Matthew 25:35-41, Etc, Etc, Etc. So I would be cautious cause it sounds like he's selling salvation in my opinion. Something desirable to people that have been preached hellfire and damnation in fear.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I told Deb earlier....I have been checking out and learning from some AMAZING Teachers over the last 40 years and Farley is the best .....also check out Renee Roland on you tube and Les Feldick....Solid, Biblical Teachers are a Gift from God and if one does not take advantage of them , it is “ their” loss.....
The Bible can be a very dangerous Book....most people think they can slug their way through it and be okay.....not so....most people come away with a brain full of religious Mush —- I know that I did. I readily admit and, in fact , rejoice in the fact that their are Smarter people than me out there that have been blessed by God to have a better understanding of God's Word than me.....and I ain’t no slouch .....lol.....

"...and I ain't no slouch" :D
Andrew was the teacher I heard who is definitely the reason that brought me back to God. Had the talk radio on when working, for my dogs. It was mostly a news talk station. They say talk radio is better for pets than music (unless you have dog relaxation music to play on a loop)
Long story short...I came home one day and was not really paying attention to the guy talking on the radio. I let the dogs out and came back in to take my coat off and for the life of me, I cannot remember what Andrew was saying but it threw me. Not only what he was saying but the fact that I NEVER had that station on before and had never changed it. Anyhow, from that day on it was 100 MPH for Christ, I felt so free and loved by God, and like A.F. always says 'sin just does not fit our new natures anymore, it doesn't "feel" good anymore. And ain't that the truth!! :)
I believe he gave up his tenure ship at Texas State to go full time ministry. He is a professor of linguistics and isn't that a bonus :)
Let me say that I too am SO grateful there are smarter people than myself out there, and that is a whole lot! lol.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...and I ain't no slouch" :D
Andrew was the teacher I heard who is definitely the reason that brought me back to God. Had the talk radio on when working, for my dogs. It was mostly a news talk station. They say talk radio is better for pets than music (unless you have dog relaxation music to play on a loop)
Long story short...I came home one day and was not really paying attention to the guy talking on the radio. I let the dogs out and came back in to take my coat off and for the life of me, I cannot remember what Andrew was saying but it threw me. Not only what he was saying but the fact that I NEVER had that station on before and had never changed it. Anyhow, from that day on it was 100 MPH for Christ, I felt so free and loved by God, and like A.F. always says 'sin just does not fit our new natures anymore, it doesn't "feel" good anymore. And ain't that the truth!! :)
I believe he gave up his tenure ship at Texas State to go full time ministry. He is a professor of linguistics and isn't that a bonus :)
Let me say that I too am SO grateful there are smarter people than myself out there, and that is a whole lot! lol.
Then maybe my judgment of him was incorrect. Thanks for your testimony. It sounds like God reached out to you with the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Debp and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then maybe my judgment of him was incorrect. Thanks for your testimony. It sounds like God reached out to you with the Holy Spirit.

He sure did reach out to me Devin, through one of His servants willing to be a vessel for The Holy Spirit! It still blows me away how it got on that station?!!
He builds up his congregants wonderfully, as well of course, anyone who listens to him. Cannot say that he and I are aboard on ALL things but, def the things that matter :) He has opened up so much scripture for me and I'll always be so grateful for God putting him in my path that day!
God Bless,
nancy

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He sure did reach out to me Devin, through one of His servants willing to be a vessel for The Holy Spirit! It still blows me away how it got on that station?!!
He builds up his congregants wonderfully, as well of course, anyone who listens to him. Cannot say that he and I are aboard on ALL things but, def the things that matter :) He has opened up so much scripture for me and I'll always be so grateful for God putting him in my path that day!
God Bless,
nancy

I like that Dr. Farley sticks to the essentials. Especially who and what we are in Christ. And knowing who/what we are in Christ will affect our behavior.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that Dr. Farley sticks to the essentials. Especially who and what we are in Christ. And knowing who/what we are in Christ will affect our behavior.
Yes Debp,
I also like that he has no problem saying "I'm not sure" or, "it could be this, or that. I see not a drop of arrogance in him and that too is a big plus :)

Reactions: Debp