Except Those Days Be Shortened

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
That applies to the days of the Great Tribulation. They were allotted 42 months, but will be shortened by about 5 months.

Totally agree.He even gave us a hint as to when,ie,time of the locust...May - September .Not setting dates as no one knows but just guessing I would say September,the month He was born.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That applies to the days of the Great Tribulation. They were allotted 42 months, but will be shortened by about 5 months.
This idea directly contradicts the many prophesies in Revelation of the final 3 1/2 years, 42 months, or 1260 days. They will not and cannot be shortened. Proved by how the Fifth Trumpet alone will last for five months. Revelation 9:5

I see the 'shortening' as reducing the tribulations that the Lord's people have to face. They will be taken far away from Jerusalem for the final period of 1260 days. Revelation 12:14

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I see the 'shortening' as reducing the tribulations that the Lord's people have to face. They will be taken far away from Jerusalem for the final period of 1260 days. Revelation 12:14

What is you think gonna be happening in the rest of the world?It's no escape!!!Even those with the seal of God will be delivered up to satan,for a testimony

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What is you think gonna be happening in the rest of the world?It's no escape!!!Even those with the seal of God will be delivered up to satan,for a testimony
I gave the scripture that proves my case. You give your opinion.

The rest of the world will continue to worship the 'beast', Revelation 9:20-21, but those Christians in Revelation 12:17, must stand firm and endure until the end.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This idea directly contradicts the many prophesies in Revelation of the final 3 1/2 years, 42 months, or 1260 days. They will not and cannot be shortened. Proved by how the Fifth Trumpet alone will last for five months. Revelation 9:5

The prince to come destroys/ spiritually corrupts the city and the sanctuary. At the start of the Day of the Lord is the abomination in the holy place/ Jerusalem, the holy city after 70 weeks have passed. (Jerusalem is the 'city' getting corrupted = Matthew 24's let those in Judea flee). The abomination triggers the Day of the Lord's wrath - people start worshiping it.

Mystery Babylon's great tribulation starts 5 months later. Rev 2:21 I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.

Mystery Babylon rules the sanctuary, the time she was given to repent is the 5 months. That's why at the 6th Trumpet it says that they don't repent (Revelation 9:20-21). The Day of the Lord starts the 1290 days, subtract 147 days (5 lunar months/ Bible months) = 1143 days that the sanctuary is ruled. 1143 +7 days to cleanse the temple (Ezekiel 43:26) = 1150 days = 2300 mornings & evening sacrifices in the sanctuary.

Reactions: 4Jesus

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I gave the scripture that proves my case. You give your opinion.

The rest of the world will continue to worship the 'beast', Revelation 9:20-21, but those Christians in Revelation 12:17, must stand firm and endure until the end.

Actually,you gave your opinion

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What were they shortened to?
Genesis 6:1-3
"1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.
”'

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Genesis 6:1-3
"1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.
”'

Thinking you're not understanding my question

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
And I am thinking that the world doesn't understand God's word. No, actually knowing they don't.

Okay ,so you take us back to Genesis ,which has nothing whatsoever to do with those DAYS being shortened for the tribulation,and you say I don't know.That's funny...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay ,so you take us back to Genesis ,which has nothing whatsoever to do with those DAYS being shortened for the tribulation,and you say I don't know.That's funny...
Was there no tribulation, even great tribulation in Genesis, or even before the foundation of the world? The greatest was Christ slain. So, what is not funny, but tragic and sad, is that people look for something else.

Thus, in the actual proper context...I have answered your question correctly; and thus it is written "hearing they do not understand and seeing they do not perceive."

Last edited:

breathoflife

Sep 2, 2019
northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two periods of judgment in the Revelation one is the Great Tribulation this takes place during the last week of years. This time of judgment is to fulfill the promise of judgment first to the Jew then to the Gentile. These days are not the days that we’re shortened. After the Day of the Lord the 1,000 year reign began. At the end of the thousand years Satan is set free and deceives the Gentile nations. During this time what is called The Great and Terrible Day of the Lamb’s Wrath are poured out. This is what needed to be shortened. Look at the extreme events on the lamb’s wrath and compare it to the lesser but still horrid events on the Lord’s day.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When seeking God's truth, it's important to consider things from His perspective.

If "a day with the Lord is a thousand years and a thousand years a day" by the best worldly perspective, and "the same yesterday, today, and forever", in reality...how foolish would it be for us to think that all things from Him are as the world turns, and in those terms?

Very foolish.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two periods of judgment in the Revelation one is the Great Tribulation this takes place during the last week of years. This time of judgment is to fulfill the promise of judgment first to the Jew then to the Gentile. These days are not the days that we’re shortened. After the Day of the Lord the 1,000 year reign began. At the end of the thousand years Satan is set free and deceives the Gentile nations. During this time what is called The Great and Terrible Day of the Lamb’s Wrath are poured out. This is what needed to be shortened. Look at the extreme events on the lamb’s wrath and compare it to the lesser but still horrid events on the Lord’s day.

Not actually what Scripture reveals...

a. the time of "great tribulation" is the period of 1260 days in Rev.11 that God's two witnesses will prophesy in Jerusalem at the end of this present world. It is the timing of the dragon's 42 months reign written in Rev.13.

b. the "day of the Lord" is the day of Jesus' 2nd coming, His return immediately after the great tribulation, and is when the cup of wrath is poured out upon the earth on the wicked. It is the last day of this present world.

c. the first judgement when Jesus returns is upon both, the Just and the unjust. Judgement can also mean reward for Christ's servants, the term does not always mean a negative event like wrath.

d. the Great White Throne Judgment is at the end of Christ's future thousand years reign. That thousand years reign begins with Christ's return to this earth.

e. Jesus linked the time He said He would shorten to the time of great tribulation, for the sake of His elect, per Matthew 24.

f. Christ's Church will also go through the time of great tribulation, not just the orthodox Jews. There is no gathering of the Church until Jesus' one-time return immediately after the tribulation like He showed in Matthew 24.

g. The Matthew 24 and Mark 13 Scripture, (which the false Pre-trib Rapture doctors hate), gives proof of 1 Thess.4 which Apostle Paul taught about the gathering of the Church.