Explain & Apply John 16:13

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ernest T. Bass (post #3)
If your contextual contention is valid then it must apply equally to most of what Jesus said to his disciples and apostles (at least prior to his transfiguration) maybe excluding things which might have been clearly stated or strongly implied to apply more widely.
In which case those who lean on 'Red Letter Bibles' will need them to be subdivided between 'Red' and 'Pink'.

"doing greater things than Jesus did"...."moving mountains into the sea"...."going into the world to preach the Gospel" etc....would they be 'Red' or 'Pink'?
Maybe a third colour would be needed for "Jesus' words which could be considered to be irrelevant".:rolleyes:
Moving mountains was Jewish idiom meaning an insoluble problem. Nothing Jesus said is irrelevant.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Holy Spirit, Diversified as "Son".

PICJAG.

Not when Jesus refers to the Spirit as to what "He" will do. The Holy Spirit is a separate Person/Witness within the One Triune God.

Just as the Son is separate from the father as a Person/Witness. One can see this when He uses the plural pronoun.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him....26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Father is One Person that sends the Holy Ghost at our salvation for believing in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is Another Person that will teach us and bring all things to our remembrance of what Jesus ( Another Person ) has said unto us. That's Three Witnesses within the One God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the same. Below we see the omnipresent God active in the three domains over which He rules.

Mat 3:16 And when Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased."

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
first thanks for the reply, second ERROR on your part. where in the bible here it said that the voice from heaven is the Fathers voice?
third, the Holy Ghost was not in natural flesh with blood, but the son of man was. so.......
fourth, the name of the Father, which is a title, and Son which is a title, is the name of the Holy Ghost, which is JESUS.

let me prove this. question, "who sent the Holy Ghost?". was it A. the one whom you calls the Father? B. the one whom you calls the Son?

now before you answer, read these two verses and then answer.

scripture, #1.John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

NOW THIS SCRIPTURE,

#2. John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Now, tell us who sent the Holy Spirit? look at those two verses carefully before you answer.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him....26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
thank you, for the "WE" is the "DIVERSITY" I speak of all the time. the we and I must say it again is the G243 allos of God himself in spirit. now look up G243, I suggest you use Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words which renders a conplete answer on G243 vs G2087 heteros. now as with Cooper, see post #44 above and you can answer also.

thanks for the post, and will be looking to hear your answer.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enow I'm looking foward to you answering post #44. if you need more time just say so.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm like my Father, not to keep one in the dark, so let's make it plain, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".

hope that helped,

PICJAG.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enow I'm looking foward to you answering post #44. if you need more time just say so.

PICJAG

Thanks for the heads up. You had replied to Cooper for why I had only glanced at it. I shall read it now..

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second ERROR on your part. where in the bible here it said that the voice from heaven is the Fathers voice?
third, the Holy Ghost was not in natural flesh with blood, but the son of man was. so.......
fourth, the name of the Father, which is a title, and Son which is a title, is the name of the Holy Ghost, which is JESUS.

let me prove this. question, "who sent the Holy Ghost?". was it A. the one whom you calls the Father? B. the one whom you calls the Son?

now before you answer, read these two verses and then answer.

scripture, #1.John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

NOW THIS SCRIPTURE,

#2. John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Now, tell us who sent the Holy Spirit? look at those two verses carefully before you answer.

PICJAG.

The irony. They both did. Neither verse negates the other. Both are true; and here is why.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

As God commands men, so does He do as the Triune God.

They both sent the Holy Spirit to establish the testimony that believer is saved.

God did the same thing when at Jesus's baptism. The Father spoke from Heaven and for His testimony to be true in establishing that witness as true, Another Witness was needed and the Holy Spirit alighting on Jesus was that other Witness.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The irony. They both did. Neither verse negates the other. Both are true; and here is why.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

As God commands men, so does He do as the Triune God.

They both sent the Holy Spirit to establish the testimony that believer is saved.

God did the same thing when at Jesus's baptism. The Father spoke from Heaven and for His testimony to be true in establishing that witness as true, Another Witness was needed and the Holy Spirit alighting on Jesus was that other Witness.
well if they both did then explain how they dwells in us, scripture, John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

here "abode" means to dwell, that that the Father and the Son whom you call Jesus dwelling us. so explain how both sent but both came?

cain't wait to hear that one.

PICJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
first thanks for the reply, second ERROR on your part. where in the bible here it said that the voice from heaven is the Fathers voice? third, the Holy Ghost was not in natural flesh with blood, but the son of man was. so....... fourth, the name of the Father, which is a title, and Son which is a title, is the name of the Holy Ghost, which is JESUS.
These comments show that (1) you are clueless about the triune Godhead and (2) you are clueless about properly interpreting Scripture, because of your false belief regarding the Godhead.

It would be obvious even to a child that if Jesus (the Son of God) was baptized, and the Holy Spirit appeared in the likeness of a dove, then the voice from Heaven would be that of the Father, since He clearly spoke of His Son: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Mt 3:17)

Only a father would say "This is my beloved son", and therefore it was God the Father who said those words. This incident is one of the clearest evidences of the Trinity or triune Godhead. So once again, let me remind you (and let you be put on notice):

God the Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit
God the Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit
God the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well if they both did then explain how they dwells in us, scripture, John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

here "abode" means to dwell, that that the Father and the Son whom you call Jesus dwelling us. so explain how both sent but both came?

cain't wait to hear that one.

PICJAG.

Coupled with the sending of the Holy Spirit in John 14:26 at our salvation, God as Three Witnesses within that One God dwells within us that we are His and thus saved. That is why the name of Jesus means God is with us' all Three Witnesses within that One God is with us always now.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These comments show that (1) you are clueless about the triune Godhead and (2) you are clueless about properly interpreting Scripture, because of your false belief regarding the Godhead.

It would be obvious even to a child that if Jesus (the Son of God) was baptized, and the Holy Spirit appeared in the likeness of a dove, then the voice from Heaven would be that of the Father, since He clearly spoke of His Son: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Mt 3:17)

Only a father would say "This is my beloved son", and therefore it was God the Father who said those words. This incident is one of the clearest evidences of the Trinity or triune Godhead. So once again, let me remind you (and let you be put on notice):

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

well if I'm clueless then tell us, is the Person in John 1:3 who made all things is he the same Person in Isaiah 44:24? yes or No.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coupled with the sending of the Holy Spirit in John 14:26 at our salvation, God as Three Witnesses within that One God dwells within us that we are His and thus saved. That is why the name of Jesus means God is with us' all Three Witnesses within that One God is with us always now.
I didn't ask about any witness, I asked who sent the Holy Spirit, you said, they both did, so I asked. if both sent the Holy Spirit why then both come? which makes no sense, if one sent the other. for if the Father and the son came, who sent both of them? but I'll hear your answer out. ... well?

PICJAG.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask about any witness, I asked who sent the Holy Spirit, you said, they both did, so I asked. if both sent the Holy Spirit why then both come? which makes no sense, if one sent the other. for if the Father and the son came, who sent both of them? but I'll hear your answer out. ... well?

PICJAG.

First Jesus said they will both come.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Then Jesus explained that the Holy Spirit will be sent too.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I do not see a problem here unless you seem to think one verse negates the other in what Jesus is saying when Jesus is saying both? Get it?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a problem. if both came why send? see your problem. but if the Holy Spirit came also, and the Father and the son came well as said who sent everyone else. that "CONFUSION". listen, Jesus is the Father and the Son, "diversified" of himself. he came, listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".

he clearly tells you that he is coming. and he did on PENTECOST, in the spiritual gifts. How? by "MANIFESTING" himself. John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
as said he MANIFESTED on PENTECOST, in the gifts.

see, one can tell when explanation run out, John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

it whould have been easy for the Lord Jesus just to say we will send the comforter. no he siad I will send him. well didn't Jesus knew that the father was going to send the Holy Spirit?... YES, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you". see how easy it is when one know the truth. the Father is Jesus, as well as the Son. no, both didn't sent the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son, the same person "Diversified".

PICJAG.