EZ 38-39 TIMELINE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
False. Jesus fulfilled the 70th week being crucified in the middle of it.

False. Rev 12:1-5 sign took place on 9/23/17. All future.....

Matt 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand--

Rev 11:3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."

Rev 12:6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Rev 12:14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You must produce scripture stating Daniel's 69th and 70th weeks are separated by thousands of years. They wouldn't be 70 weeks if they were.

Also, Jesus fulfilled the 70th week dying in the middle of it. But you ignore this, turn him into Antichrist, and cherry pick the rest of scripture to support the many false prophecies cast by Darby.

David, please provide the proof from these two verses where the "70th week," as you call it, is labelled as the 70th week: -

Daniel 9:26-27: -
26 "And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate."
I await your response.

D

Dave L

David, please provide the proof from these two verses where the "70th week," as you call it, is labelled as the 70th week: -

Daniel 9:26-27: -
26 "And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate."
I await your response.
Did Antichrist appear in the 70th week? No. Did Jesus confirm the covenant and put an end to animal sacrifices by the sacrifice of himself in the middle of the 70th week? Absolutely. There's your answer.

Do 70 weeks remain 70 weeks if you add a gap, stuffed with false prophecy and thousands of years to them? Of course not.

D

Dave L

False. Rev 12:1-5 sign took place on 9/23/17. All future.....

Matt 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand--

Rev 11:3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."

Rev 12:6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Rev 12:14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach.
“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:” (Revelation 1:1)

The reason you missed most of Revelation's prophetic fulfillment comes from the false predictions made by Dispensationalists based on the unbiblical gap they insert in Daniel's 70 weeks. Jesus fulfilled the 70 weeks as planned, proving there is no gap. Besides scripture does not mention a gap.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no gap mentioned in scripture calling for thousands of years between Daniel's 69th and 70th weeks.
Since the Bible is not a textbook on Systematic Theology, no one should expect a statement which says "There will be a gap of at least 2,000 years between the 69th and the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy". So you are basing your understanding on a false premise. Many things are implied in Scripture, and other things are to be discovered by diligent study.

So how do we conclude that there is indeed a Gap which belongs to the Church Age?

1. "Everlasting righteousness" and "an end of sins" -- literally an earth which is totally free from sin and evil -- has not been established as yet. Your claim that this is fulfilled by Christians on earth (who are not even sinlessly perfect) is total nonsense. But this is the key to the conclusion of Daniel's 70 weeks (490 years).

2. The Antichrist -- the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition -- has not taken control of the earth for 3 1/2 years as clearly revealed in Revelation 13 and other Scriptures in Daniel and the NT. Calling the pope the Antichrist was totally bogus.

3. The Abomination of Desolation -- the image of the Beast -- has not been set up in the future temple at Jerusalem. This never happened in 66-70 AD as some falsely claim, since it would have triggered the Great Tribulation.

4. The Great Tribulation and all the judgments revealed in Revelation 6-18 have not occurred as yet. The heavenly bodies are still there, and the New Heavens and the New Earth are still future.

All of this leads to the inevitable conclusion that Daniel's 70th week is yet in the future.

D

Dave L

Since the Bible is not a textbook on Systematic Theology, no one should expect a statement which says "There will be a gap of at least 2,000 years between the 69th and the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy". So you are basing your understanding on a false premise. Many things are implied in Scripture, and other things are to be discovered by diligent study.

So how do we conclude that there is indeed a Gap which belongs to the Church Age?

1. "Everlasting righteousness" and "an end of sins" -- literally an earth which is totally free from sin and evil -- has not been established as yet. Your claim that this is fulfilled by Christians on earth (who are not even sinlessly perfect) is total nonsense. But this is the key to the conclusion of Daniel's 70 weeks (490 years).

2. The Antichrist -- the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition -- has not taken control of the earth for 3 1/2 years as clearly revealed in Revelation 13 and other Scriptures in Daniel and the NT. Calling the pope the Antichrist was totally bogus.

3. The Abomination of Desolation -- the image of the Beast -- has not been set up in the future temple at Jerusalem. This never happened in 66-70 AD as some falsely claim, since it would have triggered the Great Tribulation.

4. The Great Tribulation and all the judgments revealed in Revelation 6-18 have not occurred as yet. The heavenly bodies are still there, and the New Heavens and the New Earth are still future.

All of this leads to the inevitable conclusion that Daniel's 70th week is yet in the future.
If scripture does not say something, how can you?

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch, your claim of a gap in the 70 Weeks is false, and is in fact nothing less than your rejection of the authority of the 70 Weeks prophecy. Your claim that the 70 Weeks hasn't been fulfilled is a load of stinking... You're right, your false doctrines have not been fulfilled. The nonsense you make up and enumerate hasn't been fulfilled. But, none of those things are elements of the 70 Weeks prophecy. Not one item on your list includes a reference to what Danial predicts. All Dispy doctrine is lies. Why do you not understand?

Reactions: Dave L

Nov 2, 2016
USA
“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:” (Revelation 1:1)

The reason you missed most of Revelation's prophetic fulfillment comes from the false predictions made by Dispensationalists based on the unbiblical gap they insert in Daniel's 70 weeks. Jesus fulfilled the 70 weeks as planned, proving there is no gap. Besides scripture does not mention a gap.

And has Jesus come yet?? No Mr strawman. :rolleyes:

2 Pet 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Rev 1:1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon (tachos) take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Rev 22:6 The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon (tachos) take place."

Rev 22:7 "Look, I am coming soon (tachu)! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll."

Rev 22:12-13 “Look, I am coming soon (tachu)! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon (tachu).” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

tachos: speed
Original Word: τάχος, ους, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: tachos
Phonetic Spelling: (takh'-os)
Definition: speed
Usage: quickness, speed; hastily, immediately.

tachu: quickly
Original Word: ταχύ
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: tachu
Phonetic Spelling: (takh-oo')
Definition: quickly
Usage: quickly, speedily.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did Antichrist appear in the 70th week? No. Did Jesus confirm the covenant and put an end to animal sacrifices by the sacrifice of himself in the middle of the 70th week? Absolutely. There's your answer.

Do 70 weeks remain 70 weeks if you add a gap, stuffed with false prophecy and thousands of years to them? Of course not.

Dave you have again expressed your opinion above, or perhaps the view expressed in your ism belief concerning the End Times. You have not used the scriptures to support your expressed beliefs that Daniel 9:27 also occurs within the 70 weeks of years of Daniel 9:24.

D

Dave L

And has Jesus come yet?? No Mr strawman. :rolleyes:

2 Pet 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Rev 1:1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon (tachos) take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Rev 22:6 The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon (tachos) take place."

Rev 22:7 "Look, I am coming soon (tachu)! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll."

Rev 22:12-13 “Look, I am coming soon (tachu)! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon (tachu).” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

tachos: speed
Original Word: τάχος, ους, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: tachos
Phonetic Spelling: (takh'-os)
Definition: speed
Usage: quickness, speed; hastily, immediately.

tachu: quickly
Original Word: ταχύ
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: tachu
Phonetic Spelling: (takh-oo')
Definition: quickly
Usage: quickly, speedily.
The born again clearly see the kingdom here now.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)

Also they know the physical millennium theory is pure baloney. Jesus says the kingdom comes without observation.

D

Dave L

Dave you have again expressed your opinion above, or perhaps the view expressed in your ism belief concerning the End Times. You have not used the scriptures to support your expressed beliefs that Daniel 9:27 also occurs within the 70 weeks of years of Daniel 9:24.
Where is your scripture showing a gap in Daniel? Or a restored Roman Empire? Or a 7 year Tribulation with a pre-trib Rapture and more? You hang all of this on thin air without the least scriptural support.....

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also they know the physical millennium theory is pure baloney. Jesus says the kingdom comes without observation.
This is what happens when people take Scriptures out of context and misapply them. Since I already addressed your misconception about "comes without observation" there is no need to rehash that.

There is no *theory* about the Millennium either. It is a DIVINE FACT.

REVELATION 20
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

D

Dave L

This is what happens when people take Scriptures out of context and misapply them. Since I already addressed your misconception about "comes without observation" there is no need to rehash that.

There is no *theory* about the Millennium either. It is a DIVINE FACT.

REVELATION 20
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
The 1000 years is not the Kingdom. It is the binding of Satan by the saints. When the 1000 years end, Satan attacks the kingdom.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
The born again clearly see the kingdom here now.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)

No, the kingdom within you right now is spiritual. The kindgom that Jesus set's up in the 1000 yr is physical. Time doesn't exist in eternity Dave.

Matt 6:10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Zech 14:16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Rev 20:3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison

D

Dave L

No, the kingdom within you right now is spiritual. The kindgom that Jesus set's up in the 1000 yr is physical. Time doesn't exist in eternity Dave.

Matt 6:10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Zech 14:16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Rev 20:3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison

The 1000 years is not the Kingdom. It is the binding of Satan by the saints. When the 1000 years end, Satan attacks the kingdom.

Nov 2, 2016
USA

Right, so for something to have a beginning and an end or to have in year after year in Zech 14:16, is referring to "time". You're assuming we transfer from the end of the 70th week to the New Earth correct? That is false.

D

Dave L

Right, so for something to have a beginning and an end or to have in year after year in Zech 14:16, is referring to "time". You're assuming we transfer from the end of the 70th week to the New Earth correct? That is false.
Not at all. If you learn about the nature of the kingdom from Jesus, it will change your views on Revelation, and chapter 20. Jesus was Amillennial.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where is your scripture showing a gap in Daniel? Or a restored Roman Empire? Or a 7 year Tribulation with a pre-trib Rapture and more? You hang all of this on thin air without the least scriptural support.....

Sorry Dave I do not hold to that point of view of a restored Roman Empire as there is no restored Roman Empire mentioned in the scriptures as being the feet of the statue.

There is a king of the north though,mention in Jeremiah 50-51, that leads a coalition of nations against the land of the Chaldeans/Babylon but instead of destroying the land, they try and heal the land. It is in the time of these kings that God will establish his everlasting Kingdom.

Oh well. If you cannot understand my posts, then how can you understand what may have been posted in the Bible by the Lord.

D

Dave L

Sorry Dave I do not hold to that point of view of a restored Roman Empire as there is no restored Roman Empire mentioned in the scriptures as being the feet of the statue.

There is a king of the north though,mention in Jeremiah 50-51, that leads a coalition of nations against the land of the Chaldeans/Babylon but instead of destroying the land, they try and heal the land. It is in the time of these kings that God will establish his everlasting Kingdom.

Oh well. If you cannot understand my posts, then how can you understand what may have been posted in the Bible by the Lord.
Regardless, Jesus refutes the idea of a physical kingdom in the future. What is next is the restoration of Israel (believers in Christ) in the resurrection (restoration) on the last day into the new heavens and earth forever, not for a measly 1000 years.