Facebook moderators brag about deleting pro-Trump posts in Project Veritas sting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[Warning: This video contains profanity.]

Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has long insisted that the company is politically neutral, but the same apparently can’t be said for all of its content moderators.

The social-media giant said it would review its training and oversight after a Project Veritas sting released Tuesday showed moderators on hidden-camera footage claiming that they delete pro-Trump and conservative posts; that the company harbors an anti-Trump bias, and that Facebook shadow-bans content, despite its claims to the contrary.

In an email, a Facebook spokesperson said, “Our reviewers work hard to keep our platform safe for billions of users every day.”

“The reviewers’ decisions are regularly evaluated to ensure our policies are applied fairly and accurately,” said the spokesperson. “We do not promote political viewpoints of any stripe and the comments included in this video are not consistent with our policies. We will be reviewing our training and oversight to make sure these decisions are made consistent with our policies.”

The Project Veritas video featured an interview with former content moderator Zach McElroy of Cognizant, a third-party firm used by Facebook to police the platform, who said that about three-quarters of the posts flagged for “civic harassment” tilted to the right.

“I saw a stark contrast between Republican versus Democrats in that queue,” said Mr. McElroy. “I saw upwards of 75% to 80% of the posts in that queue were from Republican pages, politicians, journalists, and pages that supported the president or supported conservatives.”

Source: Facebook moderators brag about deleting pro-Trump posts in Project Veritas sting

Last edited:

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's proof that Facebook edits and censors content and any social media company that does it should be legally considered a publisher and the government should remove their legal immunity.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's proof that Facebook edits and censors content and any social media company that does it should be legally considered a publisher and the government should remove their legal immunity.
It's alarming that social media is very left-leaning. I would't be surprised if Twitter and Instagram do the same thing. My kids are on Instagram and told me that the majority of political comments are very liberal.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those places are in the hands of the libs but we are getting places that allow free speech like Parler an alternative to Twitter. There use to be a Christian alternative to Facebook but I forgot what is was called

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ANOTHER Facebook Whistleblower: Interference ‘On a Global Level in Elections’

Another report demonstrating rampant censorship of conservative content by Facebook content moderators and an interview with the latest insider who experienced it firsthand was released today, by the non-profit media company, Project Veritas.

[Phoenix, A.Z.—June 25, 2020] Another report demonstrating rampant censorship of conservative content by Facebook content moderators and an interview with the latest insider who experienced it firsthand was released today, by the non-profit media company, Project Veritas.

“I was seeing them interfering on a global level in elections. I saw a blatant exception that just targeted conservatives or favored liberals—and you know, we're deleting on average 300 posts or actioning 300 posts a day,” said Arizona-based Facebook content moderator Ryan Hartwig. “If you magnify that by however many content moderators there are on a global scale, that's a lot of stuff that's getting taken down,” he said.

Hartwig is the second Facebook Whistleblower Project Veritas debuted this week to report on the behavior. Earlier this week, recordings captured Facebook content moderators bragging about deleting posts and comments supporting President Donald Trump and conservative causes.

Hartwig was employed by Cognizant the same third-party company reported earlier this week to have contracted with Facebook to conduct content moderation. Cognizant content moderators are called “process executives” and they use Facebook’s review queue to adjudicate whether a post or comment should be allowed, taken down or escalated to a supervisor.

Hartwig wore a hidden camera to document reviewing of content and office interactions. In an interview with Project Veritas CEO James O’Keefe, Hartwig said although he signed a confidentiality agreement, he could no longer ignore the suppression of Facebook content supporting President Donald Trump, Republican causes or the conservative agenda with a massive exception to the company’s public position on protecting political speech across the platform.

“That was the tipping point. knowing about what I knew about how they were giving exceptions for the policy, I knew that it was likely that it was happening elsewhere on a global scale,” he said. “Just seeing such blatant bias from Facebook really bothered me.”

O’Keefe said Hartwig exemplifies the heroic virtues of Project Veritas’ “Be Brave. Do Something.” campaign.

Content Moderators Express Hostility to Trump, His Supporters

One of the moderators Hartwig recorded was Israel Amparan, who he said typifies the worldview of most of the content moderators he encountered.

“Trump supporters are f*cking crazy *ss *ssholes, that every other f*cking word out of their mouth is you know ‘Come take it,’ ‘Seal the border,’” said Amparan. “Come take it” refers to the “Come and Take It” slogan Texan colonists put on their flag after the Mexican government demanded they turn in their cannon.

Amparan said he targeted content by Trump supporters because it scared him.

“I hate government as much as the next f*cking person, but you’re not gonna catch me riding over the f*cking. It’s like impeachment. It’s like a PRAW. Trump called it a f*cking coup--and it’s like that should scare you more than anything.” A PRAW, or Python Reddit API Wrapper, is a Reddit program to allow user to more quickly and easily post on Facebook.

Hartwig also videotaped Steve Grimmett, who is a team lead at Facebook-Cognizant’s content review—and who said Trump supporters are in the same speech category as Hitler, under the Facebook policy on Dangerous Individuals and Organizations.

“One of my projects before now was, was hate,” Grimmett said. “I've spent quite a bit of time looking at pictures of hate organizations, Hitler, Nazis, MAGA, you know, Proud Boys, all that stuff all day long.” MAGA is the acronym for Trump’s 2016 slogan: Make America Great Again.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg testified before Congress the only speech Facebook targets for deletion is speech advocating hate, violence and terrorism, but not political speech.

Facebook Waived Hate Speech Policies to Advance its Pro-Pride/LGBTQ Agenda

One example was when Facebook-Cognizant policy and training manager Shawn Browder told all the content moderators in Hartwig’s section for the 2018 Pride Month hate speech would be allowed to stay up if it was in support of the LGBTQ agenda.

Hartwig said Browder told the moderators to implement the special policy, which in the case of Pride Month allowed attacks on a single group of people, quoting Browder: “Hey, we're making the exceptions for our policy to favor the, LGBT community.”

O’Keefe: Hate speech is allowed if it's ‘intended to raise awareness for pride LGBTQ,’ so hate speech is allowed in some cases, but apparently not others?

Hartwig: Yeah.

Read this entire article here: ANOTHER Facebook Whistleblower: Interference ‘On a Global Level in Elections’

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those places are in the hands of the libs but we are getting places that allow free speech like Parler an alternative to Twitter. There use to be a Christian alternative to Facebook but I forgot what is was called
Have you used Parler?

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard of a website called Gab which is a conservative alternative to Twitter and it's very similar to it.

Reactions: historyb

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's alarming that social media is very left-leaning.
It may be alarming but it is not surprising. Religious, political, economic, and social conservatism has been under attack for about 70 years, but those who should have stood up, spoken out, confronted, and condemned liberalism and Marxist/Leninist indoctrination in America DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stem the tide.

Thus the religion of the Western world became secular humanism and liberalism. The media and the politicians worship at this shrine.
Even those who were presumably Republicans were liberals at heart. And the billionaires and multimillionaires who profited from a free, democratic, and capitalistic society perversely became Communists committed to destroying the Constitution and the freedoms guaranteed by it.

When social media first came on the scene, absolutely no one laid down the rules that there could be absolutely no censorship of conservative opinions without severe penalties. Even when Republicans were in control of both houses. The same rules should have applied to the Internet, Google, etc. Free speech should have been guaranteed, and social media forbidden to censor anything other than profanity, vulgarity, and blasphemy. And there should have been an independent Commission to ensure that the rules were followed and penalties administered.

So once again the conservative FAILED to do what they should have been doing all along -- defending the Constitution and the laws of the land against all enemies, domestic and foreign. And now basically everyone has surrendered to the Leftists. All that is now needed is a Lenin or Stalin to come in and finish the job.

Reactions: historyb