FACTS ABOUT ABORTION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It definitely is a big problem abortion in today's world. Over 20 million have died from abortion this year according to www.worldometer.info and as @Enoch111 quoted from the Bible "the babe leaped in my womb for joy. (Luke 1:44)"

Unborn babies in wombs are living and breathing.

Of course as @Giuliano pointed out in some other thread, banning abortion is not going to completely stop it, there is the massive risk of people going for backyard abortions and illegal dangerous operations, which may not only kill the baby, but also the mother. There are other issues that can be addressed to reduce the number of abortions.

- Reducing financial pressures, finding ways to make the cost of living cheaper and increasing average weekly earnings, people used to raise big families with many kids, decades ago the mum used to stay at home to look after the kids and daddy would go to work, that has changed, we are seeing less of that now because of the cost of living, we are now in a world, that in a lot of families both parents are working and some are still struggling to make ends meet, also childcare/kindergarten/preschool is costing parents heaps.

- Also there are other issues, there needs to be a reduction in the amount of rape cases around the world.

- There also needs to be a reduction in the rate of teenagers becoming pregnant, kids need to be raised better, education needs to improve, the entertainment industry and media also should take action, as too much is over-sexualized these days.

- People with disabilities also need better lives, nations around the world need to be more loving and caring towards disabled people, they need good education, good friends, good job opportunities, I agree aborting down syndrome babies is awful, and they tried to eliminate down syndrome in Iceland by abortion, that's a world problem, and the issue is people need to treat others better, people need to love and care for one another more. If the world was a better place for disabled people, significantly less people will be aborting those unborn babies diagnosed with disabilities.

Probably haven't mentioned everything, but fix those issues above, and abortion rates will plummet.

View attachment 9745
Josho, even though you say that “unborn babies in wombs are living and breathing,” you provide what seems to be a list of justifications for abortion. I urge you to rethink this.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Josho, even though you say that “unborn babies in wombs are living and breathing,” you provide what seems to be a list of justifications for abortion. I urge you to rethink this.

These are issues that need to be fixed to help stop people going down the abortion path. Nothing justifies an abortion.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are issues that need to be fixed to help stop people going down the abortion path. Nothing justifies an abortion.
I agree that there is a lot in our societies that needs to be fixed. The main thing is that our nations need to turn to God and live His way. That’s why I pray for revival.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Josho

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a universal set of morals that we are to adhere to. These morals don't apply to animals.

Adam became a living soul when God breathed life into him. He passed this life on to all of his descendants.

the point is it can be argued that its the breath that is the beginning of the soul.
if which I don't particularly care. the world will do what it wants with or without Christian views.

Morality is determined by God's commands, not by any nation or culture.

no, absolutely not, morality is determined by agreement, or covenant between two or more that can agree. such as God's covenant with Adam.
it seems you don't understand the fact that God's commandments are covenant (Exo 34:28). so man is already "dead" via man's condemnation condition via the state of sin so the covenant in the garden has been fulfilled. you receiving the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes A&E were left with.

the expectation God had with Israel was in the covenant (agreement) and God had no expectation of any other nation in accordance to that covenant because it was with Israel and no other nation.

you may have a contract (agreement covenant) with some one to fix your home for payment. you don't have any expectations of anyone else to do it but the one you are in agreement with. and the "morals" in that contract are relative to you and the contractor. should you not pay then you sinned against the contractor according to the agreement, and he takes you to court.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a guy gets up and has his bagel and celestial tea and goes to work to murder a few babies. He does this everyday....women come into his office and disrobes and lays down on table and spreads their legs to have a monster come up and murder their babies....the table might as well be a altar to Satan and this might as well be a sacrifice to Satan.
You may be closer to the truth than you think. I believe that abortions are in fact sacrifices to Satan. I have posted a thread about this.

Molech

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It definitely is a big problem abortion in today's world. Over 20 million have died from abortion this year according to www.worldometer.info and as @Enoch111 quoted from the Bible "the babe leaped in my womb for joy. (Luke 1:44)"

Unborn babies in wombs are living and breathing.

Of course as @Giuliano pointed out in some other thread, banning abortion is not going to completely stop it, there is the massive risk of people going for backyard abortions and illegal dangerous operations, which may not only kill the baby, but also the mother. There are other issues that can be addressed to reduce the number of abortions. View attachment 9745

That is a lie invented by pro-abortionists. The fact is if abortion was made illegal, the same people that do them now would only move to a place where they can do the same thing illegally. There would be no coat hanger abortions, so illegal operations would be no more dangerous than legal operations.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie invented by pro-abortionists. The fact is if abortion was made illegal, the same people that do them now would only move to a place where they can do the same thing illegally. There would be no coat hanger abortions, so illegal operations would be no more dangerous than legal operations.

James 4:17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.
We can't control what other people do. But a nation that supports murdering the most innocent, at a rate of over 600,000 a year, will God avenge the innocent? I am going to be on the side that called it a sinful disgrace and not support it. If a woman dies using a coat hanger, trying to kill her own baby, let her square up with her maker then.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is it? The problem Marksman is the position the world is in right now, as Prayer Warrior say, we need a revival to happen to reverse what the Far Left has done. We don't even have the right politicians in the upper house in Victoria to go reversing laws like this. The Victorian upper house make up is not great right now. Only a revival from God can shift their positions on things like abortion, euthanasia, and the LGBT agenda. It's going to take a miracle to change everyone around about this. If we had less far left wing senators then it may be possible to change the laws, but at the moment we have too many far left wing senators. We need God to do a miracle amoung those politicians.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it? The problem Marksman is the position the world is in right now, as Prayer Warrior say, we need a revival to happen to reverse what the Far Left has done. We don't even have the right politicians in the upper house in Victoria to go reversing laws like this. The Victorian upper house make up is not great right now. Only a revival from God can shift their positions on things like abortion, euthanasia, and the LGBT agenda. It's going to take a miracle to change everyone around about this. If we had less far left wing senators then it may be possible to change the laws, but at the moment we have too many far left wing senators. We need God to do a miracle amoung those politicians.

People need to vote for more pro-life politicians.

Or Christians need to form a powerful prayer chain and pray for God to change the hearts of those senators.

And in the case of USA, those that work in the supreme court.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People need to vote for more pro-life politicians.

Or Christians need to form a powerful prayer chain and pray for God to change the hearts of those senators.

And in the case of USA, those that work in the supreme court.

@marksman

The Churches should have been telling people to vote for the small pro-life parties. I hate to break it to you, but the Liberals are politically correct these days too. It's a miracle they have Scott Morrison in charge of the Feds, but reality is, there are many left wing Liberal politicians in Australia, yes they are still better than Labor and the Greens and some other parties, but there are pro-life minor parties more Christians could be voting for.

Is it time the Churches start recommending Christians vote for those minor pro-life parties?

If they are recommending Christians to vote Liberal, the Liberal candidate for the area could very well be PC.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marksman

The Churches should have been telling people to vote for the small pro-life parties. I hate to break it to you, but the Liberals are politically correct these days too. It's a miracle they have Scott Morrison in charge of the Feds, but reality is, there are many left wing Liberal politicians in Australia, yes they are still better than Labor and the Greens and some other parties, but there are pro-life minor parties more Christians could be voting for.

Is it time the Churches start recommending Christians vote for those minor pro-life parties?

If they are recommending Christians to vote Liberal, the Liberal candidate for the area could very well be PC.

Evil counts on the good nature of Christians not to stand up to them, because it will come done to blood to resolve. As long as we coddle criminals and bow down and give into the demands of those that destroy and burn and assault and rape and murder....it will continue because they then know how to control us.

On a lighter note....how are things in Australia? How is Christianity doing down there? I could always count on the Aussies in Iraq to hold up their side of the firing line. Best I could tell, not to many cowards from Australia.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, it is.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
3+ months [Luke 1:36].
It does not give any kind of timing, it just says "he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb" which could include up to the moment of birth, i.e. He was born filled with the Holy Spirit. His birth was by no means normal. It was miraculous in many ways.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not give any kind of timing, it just says "he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb" which could include up to the moment of birth, i.e. He was born filled with the Holy Spirit. His birth was by no means normal. It was miraculous in many ways.
According to Luke 1:36, this incident took place when Elizabeth was in her sixth month of pregnancy. (That is, she had completed five months by that time.) John, the Baptist, was not delivered during Mary's visit.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to Luke 1:36, this incident took place when Elizabeth was in her sixth month of pregnancy. (That is, she had completed five months by that time.) John, the Baptist, was not delivered during Mary's visit.
It doesn't say at that point that he has been filled, but
he will be filled. Why would the Holy Spirit be wanting to hang around in a womb for 3 months? What purpose would that serve?

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say at that point that he has been filled, but
he will be filled.
He was filled at that moment.

"And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb;
and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said,
'Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears,
the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Blessed is she who believed,
for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.' ” Luke 1:41-45 NKJV​

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior