FACTS ABOUT ABORTION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to Luke 1:36, this incident took place when Elizabeth was in her sixth month of pregnancy. (That is, she had completed five months by that time.) John, the Baptist, was not delivered during Mary's visit.

I don't see any Scriptural evidence of your 6 month hypothesis for John being filled with the Holy Spirit, any more than he was turning down wine and beer at 6 months. Perhaps you could provide the exact reference that says John was filled with the Holy Spirit when Elizabeth was six months pregnant., or that he was filled with the Holy Spirit when Mary visited Elizabeth.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sanctity of life is a basic moral concept. The Bible is not going to address abortion...first off they would have called it killing, not have come up with a rosy politically correct word for it. Instead of killing, they are into bloodlines and producing children. There is not a lot of the blood thirsties running around wanting to kill babies. If some one was promoting that they would have had the good sense to burn them at the stake because that can only come from Satan. So Christ is not going to address abortion directly.

Then there are other things that the Bible did not address that the Holy Spirit taught Christianity after the close of the Bible. It is true that....
Christ nor the NT, did not denounce slavery.
Christ nor the NT, did not denounce polygamy.
Christ nor the NT, did not address concubinage.
Christ nor the NT, did not address men marrying girls in their early teens.
Christ nor the NT, did not campaign for women's rights.
Christ nor the NT, did not address fathers choosing their daughter's husbands.
Christ nor the NT, did not require marriage ceremonies.
It took Christianity a long time to value Freedom and Liberty.
As time went on the Holy Spirit taught us additional moral values. So as a person that believes in the "Living Word of God" this is no mystery to me. 2000 years and the Living Word of God still has things to teach us. The people that are going to have the most problem with this are those that think that the Bible defined all aspects and beliefs of Christianity. That the Holy Bible is the final word for Christianity. That is not true, the Holy Spirit taught us many things after the close of the Bible. This was one of the functions of the Holy Spirit that Christ told us about.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

He was filled at that moment.

"And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit."

And your point being?? We were talking about when John was filled with the Holy Spirit, not Elizabeth!
Also note, that Elizabeth referred to the person in her womb as a baby, not a fetus.

Going by the Greek, it actually sez: "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the fetus leaped in her womb".

Gr (brephos) an unborn child, embryo, a foetus.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since fetuses are very much alive within the womb, it should be obvious that God had already breathed the breath of life into them. And the Bible says the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you have stated. In fact no Christian would accept your statement.

My fault. I misquoted. The Bible says that God " breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Just as Job confirmed, "Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me. For as long as life is in me, And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27

Now if you really figure that a fetus submerged a fluid-filled amnionic sack has breath in its nostrils . . .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Exactly!! That is what it is intended to do, but it does not kill the spirit which is breathed into it at birth.

So, are you saying that God who Gave the human life in the womb, does not object to a woman's right to have post fornication-intercourse murder committed against this "life" that is found living in the woman's womb?

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see how anybody can defend abortion, it's mind boggling to me. The baby's life begins at the moment of conception.

Exodus 20:13 (KJV)

"Thou shalt not kill."

Jeremiah 1:5 (MEV)

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; and before you were born I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, are you saying that God who Gave the human life in the womb, does not object to a woman's right to have post fornication-intercourse murder committed against this "life" that is found living in the woman's womb?
I don't understand your comment. God never approves of murder, but what does that have to do with abortion?? There is no "life" living inside a womb. Life only occurs when God breathes into its nostrils the breath of life.

A couple of questons:

!# When was abortion mandated under Mosaic Law?

2# Which tribe of Israel was totally obliterated by a perpetual curse of abortion placed upon the entire tribe until it totally disappeared into oblivion?

#2a Did God sin when He did that??

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand your comment. God never approves of murder, but what does that have to do with abortion?? There is no "life" living inside a womb. Life only occurs when God breathes into its nostrils the breath of life.

A couple of questons:

!# When was abortion mandated under Mosaic Law?

2# Which tribe of Israel was totally obliterated by a perpetual curse of abortion placed upon the entire tribe until it totally disappeared into oblivion?

#2a Did God sin when He did that??
He knits the baby in the womb