FACTS ABOUT ABORTION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were talking about things that reproduce, and how you praise illiterate women for calling their fetus a baby, when it is not a baby it is merely a fetus. Illiterate anti-abortionists strangle the English language to death by twisting it beyond recognition. They do the same with what little they have ever read of the Bible (not much) the same way.

In a court of law, whenever there is some confusion over the meaning of a term, the courts have chosen the Oxford Dictionary as the gold standard in defining the English language. And by the Oxford standard a fetus is:

"An unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception."

These women do not have a baby in their womb, it is a fetus!
hi Stan,

It appears according to the ‘Oxford gold standard’ a fetus is “human”.

According to your gold standard is a fetus a human? Or do you disagree with ‘the gold standard’?

I am willing to bet that @Prayer Warrior believes a fetus is a human!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same way he deals with a cancer tumour. A fetus and a tumour are merely a growth in a woman's body.
Hi Stan,

A fetus has it’s own unique DNA so biologically it is not like a Cancer tumor.

Cancer is a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body. A fetus is NOTHING like that.

Soooooo you’re analogy is wrong. Would you like to try another analogy that is logical?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your opinion as to when life begins, but then there is God's opinion. Bible is very clear that life does not begin until a fetus is born, and God breathes into him the Breath/Spirit of Life.

God is very specific as to when a fetus becomes a living being: “The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7). Adam did not become a living being until then. God breathed into the nostrils of man his spirit, which who a person really is. The body dies and returns to dust, while the spirit lives on forever.

Until God has breathed into the fetus the breath/spirit of life, God says it is dead!

"For as the body apart from the spirit is dead" James 2:26 )
Ummm....The discussion is about fetuses and Adam wasn’t a fetus so your analogy is not a very good one. Would you care to use an analogy that fits the discussion?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no particular agenda regarding abortion. My only agenda is to support the truth proclaimed of Scripture.
Hi Stan,

How is it that your “truth proclaimed of Scripture” sooooo different then what has been proclaimed by Christianity for 2,000 years? Are a majority of Christians wrong or is whoever taught you your ‘truth’ wrong? Both can’t be right.....

Curious Mary

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion is mandated for a woman who conceives from an adulterous relationship. She is administered an abortion potion:

"If you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Numbers 5:20-22 NIV

Now . . . which tribe of Israel was totally obliterated by abortions administered by God?

If you think this supports abortion I recommend that you read this: Does the Bible support abortifacients? - creation.com

First God formed man from dirt, and then when he was fully formed, God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. A fetus does not have nostrils or lungs at conception.

God never made a fetus out of dirt either.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi Stan,

According to your gold standard is a fetus a human? Or do you disagree with ‘the gold standard’?
It says mammal or human

An unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Stan,

A fetus has it’s own unique DNA so biologically it is not like a Cancer tumor.

Cancer is a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body. A fetus is NOTHING like that.

Soooooo you’re analogy is wrong. Would you like to try another analogy that is logical?
Curious Mary

This issue, is whether abortion is prohibited by Scripture.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says mammal or human

An unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception.
I agree with you....it says human.

Sooooo the questions still stand: According to your gold standard is a fetus a human? Or do you disagree with ‘the gold standard’?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ummm....The discussion is about fetuses and Adam wasn’t a fetus so your analogy is not a very good one. Would you care to use an analogy that fits the discussion?

How about Job?

Until God has breathed into the fetus the breath/spirit of life, God says it is dead! "For as the body apart from the spirit is dead" James 2:26 )

Job declares the meaning of the breath of life:

“Refute me if you can;

“The Spirit of God has made me,
And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
“Refute me if you can;
Array yourselves before me, take your stand.
“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay.
“Behold, no fear of me should terrify you,
Nor should my pressure weigh heavily on you. Job 33:44

“Far be it from me that I should declare you right;
Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This issue, is whether abortion is prohibited by Scripture.
HI Stan,

OK....You are ready to move away from what is logical and into Scripture interpretation.

Why do you believe you have come to the correct interpretation of Scripture?

Curious Mary

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until God has breathed into the fetus the breath/spirit of life, God says it is dead! "For as the body apart from the spirit is dead" James 2:26 )
The meaning of spirit is not limited to physical breath. It can also refer to the inanimate part of a person. Don't forget that John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit while still in his mother's womb. Could that happen to someone who wasn't alive yet?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Stan,

How is it that your “truth proclaimed of Scripture” sooooo different then what has been proclaimed by Christianity for 2,000 years? Are a majority of Christians wrong or is whoever taught you your ‘truth’ wrong? Both can’t be right.....

Curious Mary

I don't know anything about the past 2,000 years. Few people even had a Bible until 500 years ago. This entire anti-abortion cult is something that has cropped up in the last few years. The are not at all Biblical. They are more of a political activist group whose objective is to tell me what I can or cannot do with my body.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know anything about the past 2,000 years. Few people even had a Bible until 500 years ago. This entire anti-abortion cult is something that has cropped up in the last few years. The are not at all Biblical. They are more of a political activist group whose objective is to tell me what I can or cannot do with my body.
That is not true. We are informing people about what God has said pregnant women can do with the bodies of their babies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Job?

Job declares the meaning of the breath of life:

“Refute me if you can;

“The Spirit of God has made me,
And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
“Refute me if you can;
Array yourselves before me, take your stand.
“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay.
“Behold, no fear of me should terrify you,
Nor should my pressure weigh heavily on you. Job 33:44

“Far be it from me that I should declare you right;
Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27
Seriously Stan......

Is the fetus in the womb dead since it...according to your interpretation of James 2:26....has no spirit in it?

Curious Mary

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you think this supports abortion I recommend that you read this: Does the Bible support abortifacients? - creation.com

God never made a fetus out of dirt either.

Yep!! Just like Adam was made of dirt, Job says "I too have been formed out of the clay." Job 33:44; and after man dies, "Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

2. And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you are wrong. You have been wrong about the biology of a fetus compared to a cancer and you didn’t want to discuss it any further once you were proven wrong. And now you are wrong about Christian history on this matter: The early Christian document known as the Didache (50-70 AD):

The second commandment of the teaching is: You shall not murder; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not corrupt children; you shall not be sexually immoral; you shall not steal; you shall not practice magic; you shall not engage in sorcery; you shall not abort a child or commit infanticide. (Didache 2. 1,2)

Would you like to discuss how you are now WRONG about the anti abortion cult cropping up in the last few years????

Curious Mary

Reactions: theophilus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hi Stan,

I am willing to bet that @Prayer Warrior believes a fetus is a human!
Agree, Marymog! The human fetus (i.e. baby in the womb) certainly is NOT canine or bovine or any other animal.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. That is what the Bible says.
Well, that is YOUR interpretation of Scripture. Why are YOU right and a majority of Christians wrong?

Using your interpretation of Scripture it sounds like you are OK with a doctor stopping the heart beat of a fetus after it has exited the womb as long has it hasn’t taken it’s first breathe?

Curious Mary

Reactions: Prayer Warrior