Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I did finally get my ears pierced to please my husband. Now my skin is two thin to get a scripture tat, which I wouldn't mind. Probably 1 John 3:23-24. And I don't mind shots and needles. I kinda like it.:cool:
@1stCenturyLady You might want to get a second or third opinion from 2 or 3 tattoo artists, if a short quote / ref. from that passage would in fact be feasible.

Everyone is different; but from what you say it sounds like it would be an experience you would kind of like and enjoy doing.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I see no problmes with people even decorating their bodies with loads of tattoo art. Like I said it is not for me, but they have to live with it.
@Ronald Nolette It's such a trend at 18 now that Christian young ppl often get Scripture designs machined in, once they are old enough.

All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have had them done as witness tools: talking points with other young ppl about subjects they themselves want to talk about to others.

A lot of young ppl have their tattoo artist appointments booked well in advance, for their 18th b-day.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think it's already mainstream.
I live in small town and many young girls have cute tattoos in visible places. I remember when they used to try to "hide" them because it was just starting to switch from male to female.
@GodsGrace It's true, what you said, back a bit.

I think the switch over that you mention is totally accomplished: it's something that waitresses / supermarket check out operators do confidently.

(Including in your small town in Italy, right?)

Hence also the trend among Christian young people to get Scripture tattoos when they turn 18; all the young ppl with Scripture quotes tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have received them as witness tools.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
At 65, I've decided the Lord has blessed me thus far above and beyond my genetic inheritance, so I'm gonna do the things I've thought of but let fear keep me from.

I want them written in calligraphy!
I have only her left, so we are close and share everything.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d So have you and your daughter talked again just recently about your tattoo plans maybe? or was it just something that you were wondering about a while ago....?

Sounds like you and she are pretty close...

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are two ratios I got just a bit ago with a hard ear piercing off the lobe. Thanks for your encouragement.

Attachments

• 20220614_183728.jpg
    20220614_183728.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220614_183627.jpg
    20220614_183627.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 0

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Here are two ratios I got just a bit ago with a hard ear piercing off the lobe. Thanks for your encouragement.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Let's hope you now have lots of opportunities to talk to ppl with your faith related tattoos! They are proven conversation-starters, and so those whose motivation and efforts in obtaining faith based tattoos have felt compelled to use the tattoo parlor for this reason are often rewarded with many opportunities to fulfill their original motivation.

Maybe also you as a confidently tattooed Christian woman will have opportunities to compare stories with other tattooed Christians about the conversation and testimony effects of their inkings.

Thanks for uploading the photos; and it looks as if the photos were taken just shortly after tattoo machine injected the inkings.

(So did your daughter see your new tattoos yet?)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Let's hope you now have lots of opportunities to talk to ppl with your faith related tattoos! They are proven conversation-starters, and so those whose motivation and efforts in obtaining faith based tattoos have felt compelled to use the tattoo parlor for this reason are often rewarded with many opportunities to fulfill their original motivation.

Maybe also you as a confidently tattooed Christian woman will have opportunities to compare stories with other tattooed Christians about the conversation and testimony effects of their inkings.

Thanks for uploading the photos; and it looks as if the photos were taken just shortly after tattoo machine injected the inkings.

(So did your daughter see your new tattoos yet?)

She was in the room with me.

Reactions: farouk

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was bc I was brave.......lol
When I was 45 i got up the nerve to get a that. Made the appt. went to parlor, waited,and waited for the artist and he never showed so alas I wait 20 more yrs to get tatoos.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She was bc I was brave.......lol
When I was 45 i got up the nerve to get a that. Made the appt. went to parlor, waited,and waited for the artist and he never showed so alas I wait 20 more yrs to get tatoos.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Well, if your daughter knew you waited all that time before it finally happened, I reckon her reaction was something like: 'A tattooed mom at long last...'

But was she a bit surprised you didn't in the end go for the Revelation 20.22 tattoo design?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @GodsGrace

People don't always realize that in the 19th century it was quite widely established among women for them to be tattooed (it's not just a recent practice); it was done widely and confidently.

FYI: I saw this quote.

Surprisingly, one of the major resurgences of interest in tattoos in Europe occurred among 19th century high society Victorian women (as well as men), after British explorers .. brought back the practice to Britain. .. grew during the 19th century, and even Winston Churchill’s mother had a tattoo .. on her wrist. Queen Victoria was also believed to have had a tattoo of a Bengal tiger.. . From Victorian Europe...to America. In 1897, (art critic, Margot) Miffin says that an estimated 75% of American society women were tattooed..

(Black Fire: Women, Tattoos, and the Transformative Power of Body Art )

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
PS: @GodsGrace

People don't always realize that in the 19th century it was quite widely established among women for them to be tattooed (it's not just a recent practice); it was done widely and confidently.

FYI: I saw this quote.

(Black Fire: Women, Tattoos, and the Transformative Power of Body Art )
I'm surprised!