Families/tornado victims

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Phew!! I guess I missed where someone was giving Him orders. :)
If we are the servant, doesn't the servant ask the Lord 'what would you have me do?' The servant does not tell the Lord what he should do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phew!! I guess I missed where someone was giving Him orders. :)

I think it was more of a reminder of when praying (which guietthinker does support), of How to pray, which Scripture itself, teaches and reminds us.

:)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are the servant, doesn't the servant ask the Lord 'what would you have me do?' The servant does not tell the Lord what he should do
And yet, we may ask....

Matthew 7:7-8
[7]Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
[8]For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Jesus said this....

John 15:15-17
[15]Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
[16]Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
[17]These things I command you, that ye love one another.

I believe this emphasizes relationship. We can come to Him as friends and ask, enquire of Him. And yet, faith without works is dead ....if we have the means to serve others, we should do it. If we have no monetary means, or we aren't nearby where we can physically do something to help ...then He can show us what He wants us to do. That may mean interceding for them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Families/tornado victims
OP ^

I’m sure there are millions of people who have zero connection to the families negatively affected by the tornados.
And yet many who are safely at a distance but do have friends and family members negatively affected by the tornados.

Whether or not me having a personal connection, prayers TO the Lord God that His hand of comfort will touch upon the stricken is my prayer, and the ones who perished, my hope is they chose to be with the Lord, and He has taken them home with Him.

Gods great blessings on all,
Taken

Reactions: TLHKAJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And yet, we may ask....

Matthew 7:7-8
[7]Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
[8]For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Jesus said this....

John 15:15-17
[15]Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
[16]Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
[17]These things I command you, that ye love one another.

I believe this emphasizes relationship. We can come to Him as friends and ask, enquire of Him. And yet, faith without works is dead ....if we have the means to serve others, we should do it. If we have no monetary means, or we aren't nearby where we can physically do something to help ...then He can show us what He wants us to do. That may mean interceding for them.
'if you ask anything in my name I will do it....Jesus. What do we have here? a magical formula where if we finish up a prayer 'in Jesus name' we're on the money?
We need to rethink, reunderstand. Mouthing the words, 'in Jesus name' does not mean in Jesus name.
In Jesus name means in his character. This changes everything!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
phone problems for me again and back on flip (i know)

i don't know if anyone mentioned this

can we please pray for the family of the people who passed from the tornado? also anyone alive still to be found quickly.

amazon warehouse collapsed in Illinois and candle company roof came down in Kentucky.

very distraught here.

also protection over Gods people and the innocent, because i am not sure if there will be more. Not being prophetic, just not sure. There is a lot of bad weather.
Joining in prayer now for all of those affected by the terrible storms and tornados.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'if you ask anything in my name I will do it....Jesus. What do we have here? a magical formula where if we finish up a prayer 'in Jesus name' we're on the money?
We need to rethink, reunderstand. Mouthing the words, 'in Jesus name' does not mean in Jesus name.
In Jesus name means in his character. This changes everything!
In another place, He said if we ask anything according to His will. God isn't a magic genie in a bottle. He's our Father. If we need something, we can ask Him. Plain and simple.

Philippians 4:19-20
[19]But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
[20]Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Psalm 34:15,17-19
[15]The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
[17]The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
[18]The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
[19]Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

I'm not going to argue about this. lol

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In another place, He said if we ask anything according to His will. God isn't a magic genie in a bottle. He's our Father. If we need something, we can ask Him. Plain and simple.

Philippians 4:19-20
[19]But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
[20]Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Psalm 34:15,17-19
[15]The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
[17]The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
[18]The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
[19]Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

I'm not going to argue about this. lol
someone said something similar to @quietthinker ...in my SA thread. i just ignored it but it is good when you can know what scripture to use and apply it. i am afraid to pray myself but i dont usually say my fears about prayer.

Reactions: DuckieLady

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @lilygrace ! if you read a wonderful passage such as Romans 8, which speaks of the work of the Lord Jesus, see then if you feel a great thankfulness to Him......
i have read this before. i am not unthankful. i just see a lot of posts now and then discouraging people to pray.