Fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a true Fascist!View attachment 9670

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

Good grief man control yourself...I said nothing about supporting Facism.

If you are supportative of no consequence for law Violations...that makes you supportative of Lawlessness.
Good to know.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: historyb

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You NEVER cooperate with so-called "Authorities"! They are there to entrap you for whatever they can use against you! They are not "seekers of truth," but seekers to get you on "Something"! Surely, you do not believe that in America that you are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent!

Paranoid much?

If the Police had enough evidence to show that a crime was committed, then he would be arrested and have his day in court. If the chain of evidence had been violated, then no one knows for sure who is guilty, and then no charges should have been filed. I would suspect that the clerk may have had good reason to identify Floyd, and that was enough to detain him. I give the Police the benefit of the doubt that they were not "fishing" and had reasonable suspicion and evidence too confront Floyd. Unlike the common false charges of "weaving" that they use routinely to pull over people to fish. But that's OK, they're the Police! They can lie, lie, LIE! They're "Special"!

Sounds like you have had a load of personal experience with police having suspicious contact with you....and seems you are trying to convey you have psychic powers to know what a person is thinking. Not impressed.

Glory to God,
Taken

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The media tells everyone how to feel, and feeds them a narrative, and what I've been seeing is that it just gets swallowed like a big gulp of poison.

The guy just overpowered 2 cops, stole one's taser, used it against one of them, and fled with this potentially lethal weapon having just displayed the willingness to use it.

And what I don't understand is why he would risk his life, or hard prison time, to avoid a DUI? What else was going on?

Much love!

Exactly the media feeds it their way by cutting clips, not showing the whole thing, making up things. He was aiming wildly and could have hit innocent bystanders. My Priest was a Probation officer and had to go to an arrest because a guy broke parole and my Priest said that this guy was short and was thin but that he had never seen anyone fight like this guy and it took all six people to subdue the prep. My Priest said when someone is going to lose their freedom they will surprisingly put up a big fight and can in many instances become lethal.

I have read here that people think a taser gun is non-lethal and for the most part it is as long as one has training on how to use it, but someone who has no idea and is fling it around can cause death and this guy could have cause an innocent bystander serious injury or death. The police officer this prep slammed to the ground on his head could have been killed but no one really cares about police now except to say how wrong and bad they are. People will get a taste of what not having a police officer to help when needed as more and more resign from their commission all over the country, after all why should they put their life on the line when no one will support them and they just get berated.

Reactions: Scoot and Enoch111

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering the fact that the suspect had not committed a violent crime, I would NOT think that the shooting was justified, but I'm not an officer. I don't know what they're trained to do in a situation where a suspect has wrestled an officer's taser away from him and then fired the taser at the officer. One thing not shown in this video is that the suspect tased one of the officers before the chase. I guess this is another one for the courts to decide.

The unfortunate fallout is that the Wendy's was burned down by protesters, and the Atlanta police chief, who was sympathetic with the peaceful protesters, resigned.
This will be an interesting one. The suspect did commit a violent crime when he was shot (attacking police, taking taser which BLM has argued is fatal force). But the suspect was running away and was shot in the back. What does not make sense is why the situation escalated to the point someone died.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="Taken, post: 769445, member: 7756"]Paranoid much?/quote]

It's not paranoia if the REALLY ARE out to get you!

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6087cce47a9c79d36cdde385febaf828.png

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not if the police need to go through rigorous training for accurate shooting. There's no excuse for the lazy shooting of center mass.

With respect Enoch111 - I seriously doubt that any amount of training will be able to get someone to shoot accurately at a moving limb. If a suspect is still - there is a chance - but even that wouldn't be easy under stressful conditions - - but then again if a suspect is still - there's no immediate threat and shooting should not be required. If a suspect is moving - hitting an unpredictable limb, and especially with a handgun is unrealistic from my experience with handguns. (And I've thrown tens of thousands of rounds down range).

I beg the people thinking that the laws should be changed to disarm - please go to a range and do what I suggested earlier in this post first to get an understanding first of what's involved. Or - at the least, go and join a pistol forum and pose a question to those with experience and see the results that come back from people with experience.

It's not like the movies.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Considering the fact that the suspect had not committed a violent crime, I would NOT think that the shooting was justified, but I'm not an officer. I don't know what they're trained to do in a situation where a suspect has wrestled an officer's taser away from him and then fired the taser at the officer. One thing not shown in this video is that the suspect tased one of the officers before the chase. I guess this is another one for the courts to decide.

The unfortunate fallout is that the Wendy's was burned down by protesters, and the Atlanta police chief, who was sympathetic with the peaceful protesters, resigned.
If the fellow had just followed instructions without resisting and trying to run away, he would be alive today. Were the protesters who set fire to Wendy's arrested and charged with arson?

Reactions: historyb and Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
With respect Enoch111 - I seriously doubt that any amount of training will be able to get someone to shoot accurately at a moving limb.
Since I am no firearms expert, we will leave it at that.

When one sees the sequence of events which led to the shooting of Brooks, it would appear that the whole incident was not handled with intelligence. Evidently Brooks was dead drunk and passed out in his vehicle (and may have been obstructing customers at Wendy's). All that the police needed to do was to call a tow truck, have the offending vehicle moved into the parking lot, and simply ticketed the driver and walked away (without even trying to wake him up). So it would appear that police stupidity led to a major incident for absolutely no reason.

Now it appears that Brooks already had a criminal record, and did not want to be arrested. Regardless, the whole thing was handled stupidly, just like the George Floyd case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoot

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why where they with the man for 40 minutes? So long
Law

Why do cops make people do that weird stuff to see if their drunk? Our cops just use a brethilizer
Law

Ok let me reword those questions

What law forces the cops to take so long to deal with things in America?
Why does the law get cops to waste time on that silly sobriety test instead of just using a breathelizer which is much more effective?

Reactions: historyb

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I think the biggest mistake about this one is the guy stole the taser.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This case questions the use of lethal force by police
Mr Floyds case questions police brutality

However, I don't understand how it has been turned into a question about racism.
What makes these two cases racist? Is it simply because it was a black man? Is that all it takes now to point the finger and yell racist?
If i hire a white man over a black man does that make me racist? Off course not

There are countless possible reasons why a black person was in that situation.
The left want to paint a broad brush of racism over it.
Is police brutality a problem in the sates? Yes
Is police racism a problem in the states? Doesn't look like it

Reactions: marks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm the fourth generational champion shooter in my family. I know how hard it is to shoot accurately at a moving target over 20 meters, and that's lying prone with dedicated sights. I have never experienced using a pistol, but can well imagine that with all the adrenalin, the fear, the doubt, the urgency, there would be millions of thoughts rushing across the brain on just a few seconds... To expect anyone to be able to shoot at a leg accurately at 30 to 40 feet away is too much. . What is worse is suggesting emptying a magazine at the suspect. Did anyone consider where those bullets go when they miss the legs?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if the police need to go through rigorous training for accurate shooting. There's no excuse for the lazy shooting of center mass.

They do train, but not as much as they should. Still, stress and panic affects the first shot. The issue I believe is that most are trained to unload and not stop until the subject is down. Of course, If I were to do that, even in legitimate self-defense, it would be called "excessive" and "unreasonable." But if the goal is to use an entire magazine all at once, there will be waste.

The study I saw was that police were less than 70%, and Concealed Carry incidents where someone was shot, was near 90%
Surely, if the Police have more training, and their job prepares them to expect a situation that may require shooting someone... wouldn't they be better prepared than the Average Joe who occasionally fires and is not expecting a crisis every day? I believe their policy of shooting excessively causes sloppy marksmanship. I cannot imagine that a Police Officer is a worse shot than I am, or that they are not more mentally prepared for such a situation than I am.

Reactions: Enoch111

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly the media feeds it their way by cutting clips, not showing the whole thing, making up things. He was aiming wildly and could have hit innocent bystanders. My Priest was a Probation officer and had to go to an arrest because a guy broke parole and my Priest said that this guy was short and was thin but that he had never seen anyone fight like this guy and it took all six people to subdue the prep. My Priest said when someone is going to lose their freedom they will surprisingly put up a big fight and can in many instances become lethal.

I have read here that people think a taser gun is non-lethal and for the most part it is as long as one has training on how to use it, but someone who has no idea and is fling it around can cause death and this guy could have cause an innocent bystander serious injury or death. The police officer this prep slammed to the ground on his head could have been killed but no one really cares about police now except to say how wrong and bad they are. People will get a taste of what not having a police officer to help when needed as more and more resign from their commission all over the country, after all why should they put their life on the line when no one will support them and they just get berated.
My guess is that more of the one's who are quitting are the good ones who care but just can't stand it anymore. It's the disenfranchisement of good but increasingling disillusioned police officers. That's not only a heartbreaker, but bad for all of us.

Much love!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This case questions the use of lethal force by police
Mr Floyds case questions police brutality

Brutality - meaning-
savage physical violence

The term Brutality toward police is used, by the public, anytime the public refuses to cooperate.

However, I don't understand how it has been turned into a question about racism.
What makes these two cases racist? Is it simply because it was a black man? Is that all it takes now to point the finger and yell racist?

Racist has become pretty much an exclusive Term Meaning: any white person who does not yield to a black person.

Racist meaning-
a person who shows or "feels" discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who "believes" that a particular race is superior to another.

Racism hinges on an individual's "feelings" and "beliefs".
A person calling "another" person "a racist", hinges on the person's "feelings" and "belief".

Racism is not against the Law.
The government can not create Laws regarding a person's "feelings" or "belief".

If i hire a white man over a black man does that make me racist? Off course not.

True. However, it is the feelings and belief of "another" that is determing you might be a racist...not your feelings or belief.

It's a "poor me" "entitlement" phenomena...
On one hand you have a portion of society-
Baby makers, can't/don't provide for them/uneducated/live in crowded trashy neighborhoods/
That is not exclusive to any one race.

On the other hand you have Prominate Black "leaders/spokesman" (carrying the title of Reverend) which by such title appears to be a person of trust, that Preaches Black people are "Entitled", to receive Something for Nothing (no effort/work), Exclusively Because they ARE Black.

Many Blacks have Embraced, the Something for Nothing attitude.
And Many Blacks have taken Two different routes:
1) From the poorer neighborhoods:
* focus on Talents, society accepts:
Sports Talents: Music Talents: or fast money in drug dealing.
2) From any neighborhood:
* Reject the notion of something for nothing, take advantage of education opportunities, succeed and deal with ups and downs like any other person providing for themselves and family.

There are countless possible reasons why a black person was in that situation.
The left want to paint a broad brush of racism over it.

The Left "panders" to "Feelings". They reinforce people, particularly the poor or minorities, ARE sub-par, ARE NOT Talented enough, Smart enough, to take care of themselves without the Government (SCRAP PROGRAM)...aka Welfare.

Welfare was introduced as: "Helping hand Public Charity program"... until a person could get "back on their feet.

Problem: The great Majority of people on Welfare...were Never "on their feet"!
Welfare has become a "Generational" lifestyle.

AKA, SCRAP program? Yes. It first requires the (primary bulk) middle working class to be (taxed) on what they earn BY WORKING. A compelled Forced TAX (not charity). The government (takes their handsome cut!) for collecting the tax...and then doles out the "leftovers" to those the Government has Decided "ARE QUALIFIED".
Then to consider who uses the Scraps "as" a helping hand until they "get back", on their feet, and those who never desire to Earn their own Way, generationally remaining on the Scraps that Another has Earned, but complain continuously they Want more Freebies, and the Left gives them Promises of Hope, to Raise Taxes, so they CAN be doled out More Freebies.

It's a VICIOUS cycle...and lends to a great deal of Political Divide, Public Divide and Political Authorized Compelled Theft.

Is police brutality a problem in the sates? Yes

Disagree.
I would say supposed "police Brutality" is more of A LOUD Accusation by a Few, rather than A Fact.

Police are daily confronted with Unknown people daily...Drug induced, Drunks, Mentally Unstable, Gang mentality, Different social/education standing, depressed, sick, happy, healthy, respectful, disrespectful, Cooperative, Uncooperative People...all day long.

The Public at Large...has the advantage of Picking and choosing...WHO They will come in contact and WHO they will Avoid.

That ^ advantage is Not Afforded a Police Officer. Nor does a Police Officer KNOW what ANY person May or May Not DO at any given moment.

ANY decision the Public makes during contact with a Police Officer...will determine...if the Individual is "PHYSICALLY" harmed or Not.

Then there is Consideration...of "Financial" harm or "Freedom" harm.

^ That is more on the mind and Consideration of the Individual. "They know if They are drunk, drug induced, carrying drugs, sick, depressed, happy, have warrants, have a rap sheet, etc.

The Individual who at any moment becomes Uncooperative, decide WHEN and HOW they will Flee, to AVOID...a financial burden of court costs AND potiental Freedom LOSS.

At the Moment an Individual, DOES "whatever" he has decided is his FLEE plan...the Officer is now on a split-second defense Reaction mode....(His own safety becomes paramount)...at the same time of Apprehension/ Stopping the individual Fleeing.

Only about 27% of Police Offers have used their gun to shoot.
Clubs, cuffs, pepper spray, stun guns, wrestling a person into a body lock...to Force Physical Control over an UNCOOPERATING, individual.
A fleeing individual, is typically chased, particularly with caution (if they were not yet patted, and unknown IF they have a gun, knife, needles, drugs, they could use on the Officer.) In one particular recent case, the man had taken an Officers (stun gun), was fleeing, while displaying he knew how to use the stun gun, and had a willingness TO use the stun gun).
An Officer (typically) does not have to Put his life in jeopardy, up close, one on one with an individual "surely" knowing the Individual HAS "something" in his possession that could Subdue the Officer. The Officer decided to Shoot the man to Stop his Fleeing.

It is a Crime for any individual TO Touch an Officer OR their "gadgets" ( or whatever you want to call them ) that are belong to the Officer.

The Crime the fleeing man Committed on the Officer was a charge of Assault against the Officer. The man would have been Arrested for that Assult IF he had thereafter Cooperated.
The initial case of the man holding up traffic in a public drive through restaurant ...as with the Assault Charge would have proceeded through the Court System, and a virdict and SENTENCING rendered...which is what Justice IS.

People are gathering in the streets under the GUIZE, of peaceful protest, that at any moment becomes A Raging out of control MOB, (destroying property) who chant Accusations, whose Feelings are their motive, who the Media enflames, (whereby the Media) has already CONVICTED involved Police Officers, and the MOB is chanting they WANT the Justice, they have decided is a Death Penalty!

All the Facts have Become Irrelevant, the Court System Irrelevant...The Officers have already been Tried in the Media. The Sentence has Already been Decided by the MOB and MOB sympathizers...and the Media keeps Fanning the Emotions, making a boatload of $$$.
All that is needed is A Judge awing the Gavel and Pronounce a Death Sentence for Police Officers.
An Every time a Judge Swings the Gavel against a WHITE Police Officer, the Black Racist MOB mentality have a "feeling" of contentment "they" have WON a Victory Against "Whitey".

Is police racism a problem in the states? Doesn't look like it

Police Forces all around the US are madeup of Whites, Hispanics, Blacks, Jews, Gentile's, Muslims, men, women, Different Cultures, educational, backgrounds, religious beliefs...that are Joined Together in a Brotherhood... regardless of Their historical background.

Racists try their Best to publically Expose their "FEELINGS" and ... AND Attempt to publically portray a RACIAL Divide among Police Officers...(sure a few police officers will stomp in alliance with the MOB)... However the Majority of Police Officers Have their Alliance with "their" "Brotherhood"
...regardless of Race, political, Religious standings, and Public Racist MOB and Media, pot-stirrers.

There will always be Accusations of Racism and Racism of some Races who flat out claim to be Racist, (blacks and whites) who join in their own Brotherhood claiming superiority over all other Races.

The POINT Being: Racism is Based "ON Feelings". How one "FEELS" is the individual's Right to decide...(not some unknown MOB of strangers) And so what? Feeling are not governed by Law.

Calling someone a Racist...is an old worn out Tactic, used BY an Uncooperative person, to Deflect Away from them, in an Attempt to put another person on a Defense to Prove they are Not Racist.

I know what I am, believe, feel. Some stranger making Accusations toward me DOES NOT Require me to Defend my feelings or beliefs or even Consider a strangers Tactic.

Bottom Line: Police Officers are trained under authority of their own states Laws.
Surprise::
Not all states have the Same Laws!
Surprise:::
State's Laws regularly Change!
It is up to the Public to KNOW the Laws, within the "Jurisdiction" they reside, do business, or travel.
Ignorance of the Law, is NOT a Defense.

People, with MOB mentality, traveling to other Jurisdictions, to hook up with a local MOB...and Become unruly, may be subdued by a Police Office "they" feel is unlawful...So What? They Should have Learned what they could EXPECT for their unruly Behavior.

Glory to God,
Taken